June 15, 2024, 10:12:58 PM

Author Topic: Other WC Qualifications.  (Read 64768 times)

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Other WC Qualifications.
« Reply #540 on: November 18, 2009, 07:21:33 PM »
I find de mods should merge all threads on dis messageboard into one BIG ASS THREAD called FOOTBALL.

Dat way de board go be nice and clean.  ::)

hard luck they Palos... ah was now starting to get in to the tief thread bc it had more to do with cheating or not cheating as opposed to qualifying although the so call tief caused France to qualify

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #541 on: November 18, 2009, 07:21:59 PM »
The draw is Dec 4th.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 18, 2009, 07:23:35 PM »
The draw is Dec 4th.

Hoping England gets seeded and at least make it to the quarterfinals... they is meh dark horse to win the whole thing.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 18, 2009, 07:29:25 PM »
The draw is Dec 4th.

Hoping England gets seeded and at least make it to the quarterfinals... they is meh dark horse to win the whole thing.

Intercol?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 18, 2009, 07:30:28 PM »
The draw is Dec 4th.

steups...Fire bun Hengland....GO HOLLAND!!!...GO ORANJE!!!....

Mih other teams are all African nations but Ghana especially....Spain and all the underdog teams that does make the WC so enjoyable....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 18, 2009, 07:31:56 PM »
The draw is Dec 4th.

Not sure i'll call dem the dark horse...IMHO, They have all the guns and ammunation in place to pull it off...

but then again.. we say that about dem last time, and the time before that..

I still predict they go win ....go football  :beermug:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 18, 2009, 07:37:28 PM »
The draw is Dec 4th.

Not sure i'll call dem the dark horse...IMHO, They have all the guns and ammunation in place to pull it off...

Think they have the right coach this time around

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 18, 2009, 07:46:29 PM »
The draw is Dec 4th.

Eh!!  ??? ???

doh bet no money on dat eh pappy!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 18, 2009, 07:48:01 PM »
The draw is Dec 4th.

Intercol?

Even dat dem go manage to lorse on penalties  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 18, 2009, 07:49:18 PM »
The draw is Dec 4th.

You predictin de Knicks to win de NBA title since 2000 so England in good company... ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 18, 2009, 07:51:37 PM »
The draw is Dec 4th.

You predictin de Knicks to win de NBA title since 2000 so England in good company... ;D

Although yuh not referring to me I am a huge Knicks fan and yes we winning next year when we get Bron Bron, DWade and Chris Bosch...
 ;D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 07:53:31 PM by College »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #551 on: November 18, 2009, 07:55:32 PM »
I backing Brazil and Ivory Coast....yes Ivory Coast.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 18, 2009, 08:05:27 PM »
I find de mods should merge all threads on dis messageboard into one BIG ASS THREAD called FOOTBALL.

Dat way de board go be nice and clean.  ::)

lol
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 18, 2009, 09:04:02 PM »
Well...Henry admit it. I eh like tings like dis...i done doh really like france dat much..and i detest dommenech.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=700494&sec=worldcup2010&cc=3888

We go see next year.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 18, 2009, 09:11:14 PM »
The draw is Dec 4th.

steups...Fire bun Hengland....GO HOLLAND!!!...GO ORANJE!!!....

Mih other teams are all African nations but Ghana especially....Spain and all the underdog teams that does make the WC so enjoyable....

Ghana all the way..... Ghana and Germany in de finals  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: November 18, 2009, 09:45:54 PM »
The draw is Dec 4th.

Think they have the right coach this time around

Agreed... dai'z my squad and I ent shame to say.

Also like France and Holland.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 19, 2009, 06:02:52 AM »
Same thing like diving. Last WC, Australia vs Italy, Lucas Neill slide toward Grosso, Grosso see the man on the ground and say ay.. look ah easy penalty, make sure it had contact, fall down. Penalty score, Italy is WC champions right now.

So if yuh vex with Henry (and rightfully so) you have to be vex with the divers and fakers in general (C. Ronaldo!). If the culture of football is to see what you could get away with and who you could fool, then you can't expect that players wouldn't take advantage. Play to the whistle, ref will sort it out on the field, God will sort it out in the afterlife.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 19, 2009, 06:16:05 AM »
what ah boring day it woulda be without henry handball!! men getting on like dais de first hands dat ah ref/linesman miss, steups....i rather see france than ireland at the WC anyway.

let mudder c^%t costa rica stay home just like we!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 19, 2009, 08:41:13 AM »
France vs Ireland

Ah cyah lie, ah feeling real sorry for Ireland after they outplay France in their own stadium and put sweat and blood on the pitch to come and lose like that.. But we need to take a step back from what happen in the game and remember that FIFA is to blame for putting them in that predicament in the first place with the last minute seeding system.

As for the handball, well after looking at the replays i think Henry initially went to trap with his foot but misjudge the height of the ball.. it hit his hand and he instinctively control it and then cross in the box. I can't call it cheating because i don't think his initial intention was to control with his hand a la Maradona. A nasty man play for sure but at that point is too much to expect him to hold up his hands and admit to it after the fact.. the only men i remember doing something like that was Paolo Di Canio and Gianfranco Zola and in both those examples, it wasn't the hopes of their entire nation pinned on their shoulders in an extra time scenario.

Russia v Slovenia

An upset of huge proportions... An moreover an unbelievable anti-climax for a long term Russian football program that has been years in the making that alot of money was poured into.. SA 2010 was supposed to be Russia's coming out party, especially after a strong performance at the Euros.

And it go be real sad not to see Arshavin at a World Cup in the peak of his career. Instead we get to see shitty, defensive minded Slovenia bore us on their way to a first round exit.

Egypt v Algeria

It good.. damn good for Egypt.

Yuh want to buss man head before game and not take responsibility, fuss yuh thirst for a world cup at all costs? I like Egypt side, but certain principles supposed to endure above everything else regardless, and ah cyah endorse the stinkness.. Let dem keep dey ass home..

Portugal v Bosnia

Much prefer to see Portugal at a world cup, as the only team in Europe that does endorse individual flair.

Greece v Ukraine

Costa Rica v Uruguay

Only positive could have come from another CONCACAF representative in SA but at the end of the day I guess the best team won.

This Uruguayan side is not too high on the quality of years gone by though, so not expecting too much from them.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 19, 2009, 08:46:08 AM »
All dat I miss yday lawdddddddd fadderrrrrr
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Where do we go from here ?
« Reply #560 on: November 28, 2009, 03:16:20 PM »
Our WC effort ended and having to look on from the sidelines we have an opportunity to plan our future, but where do we go from here ?
The following article gives the Argentina experience :

Argentina's success is built on its commitment to youth
By John F. Molinaro, CBCSports.ca

The list of world-class stars Argentina has produced reads like a who's who of international soccer.

Diego Maradona, Lionel Messi, Javier Saviola, Juan Ramon Riquelme, Diego Simeone, Pablo Aimar, Esteban Cambiasso, Javier Mascherano, Carlos Tevez ... they all played at the FIFA U-20 World Cup before going on to achieve world-wide fame during their respective pro careers.

Another future star in the making always seems ready to come off the rolls of the impressive Argentine assembly line to take the soccer world by storm; a year after Messi guided Argentina to a FIFA World Youth championship in 2005, he was starring for Spanish outfit FC Barcelona, one of the most famous clubs in the world.

Diego Maradona made his pro debut when he was only 16 years old. (Getty Images. (Tom Hanson/Canadian Press) Diego Maradona made his pro debut when he was only 16 years old. (Getty Images)

Little wonder Argentina has dominated the U-20 World Cup, winning a record five tournaments (including four of the last six). The South American powerhouse has also asserted itself at senior level, winning 14 Copa America titles (South American championships) and two FIFA World Cups (1978 and 1986), one more than England, the inventors of the modern game.

So, it begs the question: Why does Argentina produce a staggering number of world-class players?

One reason is the quality of coaching and a deep commitment to developing young talent.

"Argentina has an excellent youth team program and they have the best coaches in the world in terms of teaching young players," soccer commentator Dick Howard told CBCSports.ca.

Howard also points out Argentine pro clubs have a knack for spotting emerging talent at a young age.

"All the top teams in Argentina identify players when they're still young, bring them into their system, and place them into their regional training centres," Howard said. "From the time the players walk through the door when they're 13, they're looked after as they grow up and work their way into the starting line-up."

Indeed, Argentinos Juniors, one of the country's top teams, discovered Diego Maradona when he was only 10 years old. After several years of playing in the club's youth team, Maradona made his debut for Argentinos Juniors just days before his 16th birthday.

In 1979, Maradona helped Argentina win the FIFA World Youth Championship in Japan and moved to Europe, where he joined FC Barcelona and then Napoli en route to becoming the greatest soccer player of his era.

Spotting players with potential at a young age, though, isn't enough. Hugo Tocalli, coach of Argentina's under-20 team, points to Argentina's rigorous and stringent screening process that separates the proverbial wheat from the chaff.

"Looking at these players, their careers are like a funnel," Tocalli said. "At the start there's a real jam, a huge one, where all these players are getting into the game. And then it gets narrower and narrower and in the end there are only few players coming out.

"So to make it into the [Argentine] first division, and to be the best player on your team in the first division and then to be selected for the national team, that's hard.

"It takes us a year-and-a-half to choose a team of under-17 players. We track 130 or 150 players, and then narrow it down to twenty. This is why I'm saying it's like a funnel, a really small funnel," Tocalli said.

The unstable economic situation in Argentina allows soccer officials to draw from a vast pool of kids from every walk of life - a much larger talent pool when compared to other countries where soccer isn't the only way to escape poverty.

"We have kids who are from really poor families, who have to do so much even just to get to practice, and we have kids who are from the middle class, and from the higher classes," Tocalli said. "We have some kids who don't study, and others who want to be doctors or lawyers. We have guys from all walks of life."

Another key element of Argentina's development program, according to Tocalli, is that it won't sacrifice short-term success for achieving its long-term goals.

"I don't feel pressure to take my players and make them World Cup champions. My job is to train these guys so that after the U-20 World Cup they can play in the major leagues and for the senior national team," Tocalli said.

He also believes Argentina's overwhelming success in producing star players can be attributed to the fact the game is such an integral part of the national culture and identity.

"When a father has a son, he really believes this kid is going to be the next Maradona. When these kids are born, the first present they get from their parents is the jersey of their parent's favourite soccer club.

"Then they take their first step, and the next present is a soccer ball to kick around. Everyone does it - the father, the mother, the little sister - so they just live with a real passion for the game."

Added Tocalli: "I believe it comes from [the womb], this obsession with soccer. Because the mother passes it on and the father passes it on. To be a soccer player, it's really something - and I think it's the same with Brazil - that they're born and then they go out to play.

"Soccer is what's important to South American countries like Argentina and Brazil."

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: Where do we go from here ?
« Reply #561 on: November 28, 2009, 03:58:28 PM »
We cyah even get a Jabloteh or W Connection juzzey for weself farless give our children
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

1]; } ?>