March 28, 2024, 10:55:11 AM

Author Topic: Ready for battle  (Read 1046 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ready for battle
« on: June 06, 2009, 02:46:09 PM »
Ready for battle   
Soca Warriors face off with Ticos in Bacolet
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago captain Dwight Yorke says he will give it his all to ensure that his first competitive international appearance on Tobago soil turns out to be a winning one for the benefit of this country’s 2010 World Cup aspirations.

Yorke was speaking on Thursday night following a training session at the stadium named after him and added that he expected the T&T team to put its best effort on the field in an attempt to push T&T to five points on the Concacaf standings.

“Personally it’s a big honour for me to be playing in a stadium named in my honour and in front of the Tobago people but this game is a lot bigger than that. It’s a game whereby if we can get three points then it puts us right back into the running for qualification for the next World Cup,” Yorke told TTFF Media.

“It’s a historical moment and if I can be selfish… It’s flattering occasion to remember for the rest of my life and I’m sure there will be a lot of family members that will be sitting in the stands proud of what we are about to achieve and nothing other than a win will be fitting.             

“We don’t expect Costa Rica to make it easy for us by any means but we also know that we’ve prepared for the encounter and the coach done what he thinks is necessary for us to have a successful game.”

“Obviously we have a game against Mexico to play next week but first we need to take care of this game against Costa Rica on Saturday because thy have come off a very good victory over the United States.”

About his longtime friend Russell Latapy as head coach, the former Manchester United star added : “He’s got my support and I respect him now as the boss. I hope that Russell continues to do well and it will be a test for all of us on Saturday,” added Yorke who played in a friendly international against Northern Ireland at the Bacolet venue a few years ago.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Trinishottaz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ready for battle
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 02:50:43 PM »
go warriors :duel: :duel: :duel: :duel: :duel: :challenge: :challenge: :challenge: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 02:57:16 PM »
Let's GO!!!!!!!
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 03:38:13 PM »
Iz warrr!!! Go T&T  >:(
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 06:11:23 PM »
Dennis god horse lawrence was de weakest link. :(  Latas you plenty work to do with our defence. One mistake u made, you should have not taken off Tinto #10. We looked much better we compete today...don't hang alyuh heads. We are going to get better.  :D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 06:27:46 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

1]; } ?>