March 28, 2024, 03:06:12 AM

Author Topic: T&T vs Costa Rica Players Performances.  (Read 20569 times)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Costa Rica Players Performances.
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2009, 08:52:13 PM »
like some ppl here need to watch this game again especially andrews performance... the only thing that really let down that man was his stupid long balls.defensively he made one mistake w/ the 1st goal... like ya'll forget that right after the equaliser a man get away clean from lawrence (who continue standing in one spot foolishly) and was one on one w/ ince up until andrews buss speed and pressure the man and force him to hit it wide
Thank you...  :beermug: and men here want to give the man 5.

I watched this game and I hoped with the usual suspects of blame (stern, akile) missing people would notice some of the overlooked or understated flaws of our game..I have sat silently while ppl have constantly ignored Deenis Lawrence's shortcomings in several matches in this qualifying series...
While partnered with Keyeno..ppl on this board regulaly rated him over Thomas despite Thomas usually having the better game..in fact I compare his partnership with Thomas..which has good chemistry i add...to the partnership between carvahlo and john terry...in that altho terry (tallest) garners more acclaim and attention..it is really carvahlo (thomas) who was cleaning up his errors and making timely interceptions to make the other one look good..

In this game..lawrence could be faulted FOR ALL THREE GOALS...
on the first..he was caught in no man's land..he was ball watching..he did not protect the far post or put proper effort into shallenging saborio's eventual scoffed shot..HE WAS BALL watching on the play and only reacted after saborio mishit the ball..

the second goal..need not be explained  and the third..you are 6'7" there was no need for him to jump to challenge the cross...however the entire defence for that play was horrid...

some might say i am harsh but watch over the earlier qualifiers...
el salvador..apart from his errors on the freekicks...he regularly was dragged out of position by the forwards and left a psace behind which usually had to be filled by spann or akile to save face...
Look at the USA goal in the HCS stadium when we win 2-1...

yet somehow his errors continue to slip past many..as if whenever men rating his performance  all the think about is the goal in bahrain..I don't know how people could say he had a better game than dog today..really...

my ratings

ince 6
avery 6.5 - solid for the most..questions must be asked of him for the third goal..but it was an overall defensive problem..
lawrence 4.5 - see above
dog  6 - good return..he is slow but he reads the game just as well as he did in 05
carlos 7.5 -carlos did put in the odd bad ball..but he was our best player tonight...he showed tinto how to get it done on several occasions
spann 7- i giving latas his  due on this..for very long i have felt spann was used int eh wrong postion..he is deep lying midfielder ala pirlo and he finally got his chance to play there and he did well
noel 6 - good hustle and workrate..he should have buried his chances...buh good performance with distributin in the middle
yorke 5.5 -in my opinion as much class as he is..yorke is a liability as much as he is an asset to this team..if i were coach he would be a fringe player at best
tinto 5 - if he gets the jitters out and puts in crosses we may ahve something
scotland 6 - jones played better than scotland today but alot of good plays made by scottie..he was mistaken for kj  6.5 - good game today..but is still far from the deadly striker we need

subs
samuel  6.5 - good goal..buh he was too out of the game..more due to the collapse of our tactics after the third goal
glenn  6 i admit he changed the game..but like samuel he was out of it and was fortunate not to be sent off for a bad tackle
birchall..5 he was the wrong sub today..not his fault but it was not a game he coudl impacted...hyland should have come on instead...

Your scores a bit low but they are mostly consistent except....
Yorke did not have that bad a game. a few times Costa Rica players crowded him out but he was mre effective than 5.5. Hyland was not there today to replace him.
Tinto played very well from where we were sitting. The only problem was that he was matched up against a physically bigger player.....who had a monster game at left back. Have to give him his props for that.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2009, 08:54:51 PM »
the way i see it yorke had a little period where he shat himself down and that eventually lead to the 3rd goal... otherwise he was solid and supported the defence and offense quite well tho he did slow down the game a good bit sometimes

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Random Musings
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2009, 08:58:59 PM »
ah almost order pay-per-view but ah didn't so ah fight up wid de online feed dem, pressha!

ah wasn't surprised Birchall eh start, ah feel some people might not feel de same way bout Birchall as Beenie did.

ah now seee a replay ah Donovan PK against Honduras, couldn't help but think back to Stern's (sorry but is random musings)

ah shoulda order de damn pay-per-view.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline blurpleen3630

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2009, 09:37:20 PM »
dem players to old no way dey coulda keep up..or well atleast not for d 90 minutes..
i feel wey we at now is buildin d 2014 team buh honestly i dor tink dem junior players can really step up ..dem mek side n head swell so dem breezing now..is dis caribbean mentality n i see it in all areas of sport.. ..we need some serious help i dunno nah buh we have real work to do..
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 09:43:48 PM by blurpleen3630 »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2009, 09:47:51 PM »
Breds , yorke create ah whole heap of chances for scotty and Kj, yorke was ah boss today. carlos was a defnder tonight not an offensive winger. the only problem tonight came from scotty and lawrence, one threw away easy goals and one gave up easy goals.

KJ also played like ah selfish bastard!!he had an opportunity to pass to scotty who was free as a bird and opted for the shot. plus he was only arguing wid players.

bring in darryl roberts , he scores!

Yeah yuh talk good here!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2009, 09:51:43 PM »
Fellas under all seriousness we played arguably our best football so far with all the right tools, (per say)  Home advantage, Freedom to pick whoever, nice fan vibes.  And we still can't be one goal better than Costa Rica.  In fact we were only a little better than when we played El Sal.   And to be honest we had the same problems; players missing sitters. :(   All the players that would love to do Stern's wuk had the chance and failed.  I don't think we can do better than we played today.  I hope I am wrong.  Everybody doing there own wuk but we. The guy that hit the post should be dropped.  And Scotland should be benched next game and if Mexico blow we out Latas should be fired. No time for friend thing and sentiments, just frickin results.  Make the changes until you get the desired result, talk done. We to sorf in we football that's why all we getting is nice vibes and no results.   >:(
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2009, 09:52:29 PM »
Fellas under all seriousness we played arguably our best football so far with all the right tools, (per say)  Home advantage, Freedom to pick whoever, nice fan vibes.  And we still can't be one goal better than Costa Rica.  In fact we were only a little better than when we played El Sal.   And to be honest we had the same problems; players missing sitters. Sad   All the players that would love to do Stern's wuk had the chance and failed.  I don't think we can do better than we played today.  I hope I am wrong.  Everybody doing there own wuk but we. The guy that hit the post should be dropped.  And Scotland should be benched next game and if Mexico blow we out Latas should be fired. No time for friend thing and sentiments, just frickin results.  Make the changes until you get the desired result, talk done. We to sorf in we football that's why all we getting is nice vibes and no results.   Angry

truetrini

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2009, 09:57:55 PM »
I was liming with some people from Scotland today, and dey call me behind ah toilet and show me ah little boy playing with some shit, trying to make a stick figure of a man with it...

dey say ask him what he doing..

so I frowing and ah say little boy what de hell yuh doing with dat shit?

He say :  "Ah making allyuh best striker Stern John."

ah say why de hell yuh doing dat?

He tell meh:  "Ah doh have enough shit to make elan or Jason Scotland."

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2009, 10:01:28 PM »
I was liming with some people from Scotland today, and dey call me behind ah toilet and show me ah little boy playing with some shit, trying to make a stick figure of a man with it...

:devil:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2009, 10:06:15 PM »

:rotfl: Dat was ah good one, thanks for the lil' cheer-up!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
More Analysis - Half Time Blunder.
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2009, 10:12:32 PM »
I had this problem before when I was doing a little coaching before. At half time everybody goes to sleep. Players and supporters alike

The half time entertainment was poor because of the fact that the main section of the uncovered section (where the rhythm section was) could not hear the entertainment.....speakers poorly positioned. This lead to the most active part of the crowd going to sleep at the half and this carried over into the start of the 2nd half. I was balling out for the music to start to play as I was seeing the lack of atmosphere and intensity being  transfered into the players on the field........not 2 mins later ....goal.

When the rhythm was playing it was fantastic and they were positioned on the half line - unlike in the HS Stadium where they down by the score board.

Hope we learn from we mistakes.......on and off the field.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2009, 10:28:33 PM »
no. is Jack Warner fault  >:(

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: More Analysis - Half Time Blunder.
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2009, 10:32:26 PM »
get rid ah imps he is shit too fat too old too slow i radda dem young bois shit up in goal
bajanscout

truetrini

Re: More Analysis - Half Time Blunder.
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2009, 10:41:05 PM »
get rid ah imps he is shit too fat too old too slow i radda dem young bois shit up in goal

yuh damn lie..yuh jes like young boys period!   yuh molester

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
First things first- the team looked ORGANIZED. That's so good after the time we did with Mats. Latapy did a fine job with the team and management- kudos to him. The team played honourably, and there are many positives we can take. If we play like we did for the 1st half, and fix the defense and some other stuff I mention below, we'll definitely pick up a good many points in the coming games. If we did that from the start we wouldn't be in this position.

WE ARE STILL VERY MUCH IN WITH A GOOD CHANCE OF QUALIFYING, WE ARE AMONG 4 TEAMS WITH NOT MANY POINTS, THE TOP OF THE 4 ONLY HAS 3 MORE POINTS THAN US, MEXICO ONLY HAVE 1 MORE POINT THAN US. IT'S ALL UP TO US, IF WE CAN PLAY CONSISTENTLY TO THE HIGH QUALITY WE DISPLAYED FOR A GOOD PORTION OF THE FIRST HALF VS COSTA RICA AND WITH BETTER DEFENDING, THEN WE WILL QUALIFY, IF NOT WE WON'T AND DON'T DESERVE TO EITHER.

We really need more wing play. It should be carlos on the right, colin samuel on the left. when the costa ricans started packing up their goalmouth with players in the 2nd half, we needed wingplay to get behind them, but we didn't have it so we couldn't fashion any chances.

though there are many places to improve, this is the best I've seen the team play since the world cup. the fellas can hold their heads up. Carlos was the best player by far. Our midfielders played well in the first half.

Yorke played ok. silvio spann and trent noel were very good, i was very impressed by them attacking wise- not defensively. We need to pack our box more when the costa ricans are attacking, men need to run back. replace marvin andrews with keyeno thomas.

I think latapy made a mistake taking off all our midfielders in the second half, because we couldn't build play and make chances like before, but overall latapy did a great job putting together this team. The Tinto substitution for samuel was very good though. I have a feeling Latapy will prove to be a top manager.

kenwyne and scotland combined well for good portions of the first half. that looks promising. on another day i think scotland would have scored a few, it just wasn't his day.

About cornell glenn and baptiste, i'm still not sure. we need to see baptiste play in at least a decent international friendly. cornell glenn is and enigma, he's exceptionally fast and skilled, but doesn't play with a great awareness of what's going on around him and his decision making in many instances is questionable. if the team's defence is crowded, he tends to run head on and lose the ball many times, but he's so skilled i'm sure there's some way we can put him in the mix- or maybe not. cornell glenn and kenwyne jones??  looking forward to daryl roberts coming back too.

In the end we have many skilled players, but it's just about finding the best team, and i think latas came damn close to that today.

1) wingplay and crosses into the box- left colin samuel, right carlos edwards
2)I feel highland can replace yorke for the 2nd half of games
3) keon daniel can be used behind the strikers as a playmaker, his freekicks are an added bonus that
4)we need to hussle whichever opposing player has the ball, like we were doing at the start, but for the whole match. this forces errors, like we saw at the start when the costa ricans constanly lost the ball and couldn't build plays

Keep you heads up fellas, you all played honourably( notwithstanding the defensive errors), and the same for you latas- you did honourably. You all just have to play consistently for whole matches and wit better defense like you did for the first 30 minutes of the first half. The fact that I can even draw a reference to our team's actual play as a benchmark, shows the hope that has risen from this performance, or at least segments of it. You couldn't say something like that since the world cup. Thanks in big part to Mr. Jack Warner- he helped Trinidad take 10 steps forwards in doing a plenty to get us to the World cup 06, then eagerly ensured we took 15 backwards with his jacklist and other vindictive and disgusting things since september 2006 up to about somewhere in 2009. 3 years wasted- 3 years of driving in reverse. Comeon Mr. Warner, you don't have to be like that.

BTW...-
WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 12:23:06 AM by Peter »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2009, 11:02:05 PM »
Allyuh blaming Ince...but if people running through your middle eh much de keeper could do.
This team played well today...this is how we should have been playing at least a year ago. Kenwyne Jones will take about 2 more seasons to develop into that top striker...right now he eh goal hungry enough...
But we defense is de rel problem DOG has been loyal but right now he bark more ferocious than his bite....James is still untested but he cyah be worse than A. Edwards or M. Hislop....even Sancho is worth a hope...Jloyd ah hope yuh readin de site....
Had this team had a good quality warm up game it would have worked out some of the kinks...we have 5 games....we eh winnin in Mexico...and I think our chances are better now than 6 months ago

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2009, 11:07:36 PM »
No way carlos is a 6 though... man did er thing today take on nuff men and try to make so many opportunities from rb and he scored one of the 2 goals no way he should be rated a 6...
I was in the stadium and he was playing right in front of me..... He was at fault for the first goal and he made some bad decisions........He needs to do better....ok ok not 6 but nothing more than 7
I assuming you watch it live. That first goal was mostly Dog, though. Carlos allow de cross, but Dog lose de man he was marking (the goalscorer) and run back too deep then try to salvage it with a lunging header to cut out de cross. Bad marking/positioning.

Carlos played well eh. Buh with dat first goal...check where he was before de ball get played to de man who get in de cross in.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2009, 11:18:28 PM »

ratings overall out of 10
Ince - 6
Avery - 9
Dog - 3
Tallest - 5
Carlos - 10
Noel - 6
Yorke - 5
Spann - 9
Jones - 8
Scotland - 4
Glen. - inc.
Tinto - 9
Birchal - inc.
Samuel - 9

is ah MINUS 4 yuh meant to give elan man?
thats not minus bro

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2009, 11:50:52 PM »
like some ppl here need to watch this game again especially andrews performance... the only thing that really let down that man was his stupid long balls.defensively he made one mistake w/ the 1st goal... like ya'll forget that right after the equaliser a man get away clean from lawrence (who continue standing in one spot foolishly) and was one on one w/ ince up until andrews buss speed and pressure the man and force him to hit it wide
Thank you...  :beermug: and men here want to give the man 5.

I watched this game and I hoped with the usual suspects of blame (stern, akile) missing people would notice some of the overlooked or understated flaws of our game..I have sat silently while ppl have constantly ignored Deenis Lawrence's shortcomings in several matches in this qualifying series...
While partnered with Keyeno..ppl on this board regulaly rated him over Thomas despite Thomas usually having the better game..in fact I compare his partnership with Thomas..which has good chemistry i add...to the partnership between carvahlo and john terry...in that altho terry (tallest) garners more acclaim and attention..it is really carvahlo (thomas) who was cleaning up his errors and making timely interceptions to make the other one look good..

In this game..lawrence could be faulted FOR ALL THREE GOALS...
on the first..he was caught in no man's land..he was ball watching..he did not protect the far post or put proper effort into shallenging saborio's eventual scoffed shot..HE WAS BALL watching on the play and only reacted after saborio mishit the ball..

the second goal..need not be explained  and the third..you are 6'7" there was no need for him to jump to challenge the cross...however the entire defence for that play was horrid...

some might say i am harsh but watch over the earlier qualifiers...
el salvador..apart from his errors on the freekicks...he regularly was dragged out of position by the forwards and left a psace behind which usually had to be filled by spann or akile to save face...
Look at the USA goal in the HCS stadium when we win 2-1...

yet somehow his errors continue to slip past many..as if whenever men rating his performance  all the think about is the goal in bahrain..I don't know how people could say he had a better game than dog today..really...

my ratings

ince 6
avery 6.5 - solid for the most..questions must be asked of him for the third goal..but it was an overall defensive problem..
lawrence 4.5 - see above
dog  6 - good return..he is slow but he reads the game just as well as he did in 05
carlos 7.5 -carlos did put in the odd bad ball..but he was our best player tonight...he showed tinto how to get it done on several occasions
spann 7- i giving latas his  due on this..for very long i have felt spann was used int eh wrong postion..he is deep lying midfielder ala pirlo and he finally got his chance to play there and he did well
noel 6 - good hustle and workrate..he should have buried his chances...buh good performance with distributin in the middle
yorke 5.5 -in my opinion as much class as he is..yorke is a liability as much as he is an asset to this team..if i were coach he would be a fringe player at best
tinto 5 - if he gets the jitters out and puts in crosses we may ahve something
scotland 6 - jones played better than scotland today but alot of good plays made by scottie..he was mistaken for kj  6.5 - good game today..but is still far from the deadly striker we need

subs
samuel  6.5 - good goal..buh he was too out of the game..more due to the collapse of our tactics after the third goal
glenn  6 i admit he changed the game..but like samuel he was out of it and was fortunate not to be sent off for a bad tackle
birchall..5 he was the wrong sub today..not his fault but it was not a game he coudl impacted...hyland should have come on instead...

Ey Arazi, I totally agree. It's like you read my mind. Very intelligent and accurate ratings, and great analysis of the game. The best post I've seen so far on the game by miles.

I was as I was watching the match and looked on impressed with how well Marvin was reading the game, it's in stark contrast to any other of our defenders in recent memory. Of course he is a bit slow and made an error that led to a goal, but he was a big positive.

I was also wondering what people was seeing in Avery's defensive performance to give him a 9, he was not as solid as I'd had liked today, but still he was LIGHT YEARS better than Aklie. Not Aklie's fault, he'll be great for us in the future.

Carlos was the best player by a good deal, as he has been in all the previous matches, I hope he gets the time on an EPL team his talent deserves next season.

I also feel that Dwight is now a liability to an extent, as hard as it is to say it, age and lack of high level playing time has caught up with him, but the big advantage he brings is his passing ability, he created a few chances today with good balls. Still, I feel that highland could probably start in front of him.

I agree with what you said about Lawrence to a good extent, I find also that many times his positioning is very suspect, but he has also done very well for us on numerous occasions and has been a great servant of his nation, and we don't really have other options.

Everything you said was spot on ,hit the nail on the head props!!!

Also, I feel Latapy will prove to be a brilliant manager and coach. Big props to him for how he got this team together and got them playing!!!

BTW....-
WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 01:42:49 AM by Peter »

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2009, 12:19:58 AM »
Allyuh blaming Ince...but if people running through your middle eh much de keeper could do.
This team played well today...this is how we should have been playing at least a year ago. Kenwyne Jones will take about 2 more seasons to develop into that top striker...right now he eh goal hungry enough...
But we defense is de rel problem DOG has been loyal but right now he bark more ferocious than his bite....James is still untested but he cyah be worse than A. Edwards or M. Hislop....even Sancho is worth a hope...Jloyd ah hope yuh readin de site....
Had this team had a good quality warm up game it would have worked out some of the kinks...we have 5 games....we eh winnin in Mexico...and I think our chances are better now than 6 months ago

I agree with the Ince part- he saved our asses today with good positioning and super saves on a few sure goals for Costa Rica. Anyone who rates him down based on this performance doesn't know about football, fullstop. Ince was very good and solid today.

BTW MEP...-

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
WE ARE STILL VERY MUCH IN WITH A GOOD CHANCE OF QUALIFYING, WE ARE AMONG 4 TEAMS WITH NOT MANY POINTS, THE TOP OF THE 4 ONLY HAS 3 MORE POINTS THAN US, MEXICO ONLY HAVE 1 MORE POINT THAN US. IT'S ALL UP TO US, IF WE CAN PLAY CONSISTENTLY TO THE HIGH QUALITY WE DISPLAYED FOR A GOOD PORTION OF THE FIRST HALF VS COSTA RICA AND WITH BETTER DEFENDING, THEN WE WILL QUALIFY, IF NOT WE WON'T AND DON'T DESERVE TO EITHER.
I have to admit its not really looking so bleak if T&T can get anything out of the match on Wednesday, hell a win could put T&T 4th and possibly only 1 point out of 3rd.  Of course Mexico hasn't ever lost a competitive match at the Azteca, but of course no nation as small as T&T had ever qualified for a World Cup either.

EDIT: Mexico has lost there once, to the team who just beat T&T, but the message remains the same. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 12:32:09 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I have to admit its not really looking so bleak if T&T can get anything out of the match on Wednesday, hell a win could put T&T 4th and possibly only 1 point out of 3rd.  Of course Mexico hasn't ever lost a competitive match at the Azteca, but of course no nation as small as T&T had ever qualified for a World Cup either.

EDIT: Mexico has lost there once, to the team who just beat T&T, but the message remains the same. 

ahh, nice to see someone else pushing positive vibes and sentiments. like you said, by qualifying for the world cup as the smallest nation, we've illustrated that all records have to be broken some time. Only one team ever beat them in the Azteca, who's to say we can't be the second. Yeh, all the odds are against us, but we have nothing to lose, and we've defied the odds already, so go there and play with no fear fellas. Is Jesus on de Mexico squad?

The least that can happen is that we lose in an honourable way. The best form of defense is offense, I'll add to that pressuring every opposing player everytime he have de ball. If we have to bow out, at least go down playing the best way we can play- and that's attacking-like how Latapy have us playing and esp. like in the first 30mins of the 1st half vs costa rica. Don't try to play the absorbing pressure defensive game that we can't play, like under Mats, and get blown out of the water and out of the running for the World Cup.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Anybody who thinks that T&T is going to go into Mexico and play attacking football and get a result is a dreamer.

Simply put....this game against Costa Rica is the "best game" we've played in a while and we're simply not good enough, especially defensively.  No amount of positive vibes or "we beatin whoever" mantras going to change that fact.  We just might be LUCKY enough however.  No shame in dat.

Good luck to our team, we'll always support you even when you're not good enough and we know you guys are doing your best.  That's all we ask.  Good luck against Mexico.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
WE BEATING MEXICO IN DE AZTECA

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
Peter ah hearing yuh but we must remember that it is the simpleness mistakes that killed us on yesterday. Lastas should have never taken off #10. he was the only threat on the wings in the first half. We had nothing I mean nothing on the LW either. Where was Keon Daniel in the second half?

We played much better than in previous games. ;) Our team was in comand in the first half but they seem to have become more relaxed in the second half. Lapsing on defence assignment. The goals that were scored by Costa Rica was simple ones. Lawrence continues to ball watch, while men sneaking up to score goals. as a defensive player why would you head back a ball on top of the box unto attacking players? Simple mistakes caused us the game. Both him and dogg was to blame for some goals. It seems like they were not communicating in that defensive line up. Someone need to be talking more. Costa Rica was flicking balls over our defence like they where in a circus and we were the clowns.  :clown:

Also we must remember that this is a game of who can convert they chances. If we had done such we we have won by a large margin. Them forwards need to sit down now. Give men like Daryl Roberts, Cornell Glenn and Zamora a chance now. What we have to loose? Samuel and Carlos have to come and score goals?  Them KJ and Scottland getting chances to score and not making it happen as "big time players". ??? Yorke played well but he needed to take ah seat in the second half.  Lastas will make the necessary changes hopefully he learned from that game on yesterday. I seeing a better team than when Pacho was hear.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 06:10:46 AM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
"The Tinto substitution for samuel was very good though."

I see ah different game ah wah Peter?  Why would you want to take off tha man when he was the only one running down the right wing giving they defence some problems in the first half? He made like two lil mistake while tryna cross, but he should have never been sub out, not on my team! Samuel should have went on de other side as a left winger. Tinto needs more chances and i bet you he will give people beams on that right flank. We had nothing coming down the left wing, it was like we had no one playing over deh.  ???
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2009, 06:41:47 AM »
"The Tinto substitution for samuel was very good though."

I see ah different game ah wah Peter?  Why would you want to take off tha man when he was the only one running down the right wing giving they defence some problems in the first half? He made like two lil mistake while tryna cross, but he should have never been sub out, not on my team! Samuel should have went on de other side as a left winger. Tinto needs more chances and i bet you he will give people beams on that right flank. We had nothing coming down the left wing, it was like we had no one playing over deh.  ???
What was Tinto's end product? He looked exciting, but what came of it?

Nice debut, though. He look like he have something to offer.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2009, 06:56:52 AM »
Latas 9.5

Carlos 9.5
Tinto 9
Ince 9 (One mistake)
Avery 9
Yorke 8.5 (could have been higher, but his legs were tiring)
Jones 8.5
Noel 8
Spann 8
Samuel 8
Lawrence 7
Glenn 7
Birchall 7
Scotland 7
Andrews 5

Rarely do so many socawarrior players score so decently in 1 game. Latas is de future

tinto 9 steeps he was ok
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 07:41:15 AM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2009, 06:57:38 AM »
Very good comments PEG. I agree except with the strong  performances of Noel and Spann today and with Hyland in for Yorke, there is no place for Birchall in the starting eleven right now. Except if you play him for Tinto on the right wing.

spann eh suppose to be in 20 starting 11
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2009, 06:58:41 AM »
I think Noel and Tinto played well yesterday.  Both were lively and they both help out defensively unlike Keon Daniel. 

The way we played yesterday reminds me of the way we played under Bertille during his first tenure as coach.  We looked good in attack but defensively we were poor.

People keep talking about positive vibes and while I saw some positive vibes yesterday we still have to be realistic.  The age of our team is being exposed.  The altitude of Azteca will be brutal for older players like Yorke, Andrews, Avery John and Dennis Lawrence.  Mexico have only three points from 4 games.  They know that if they don't win on Wednesday they will be crucified.  Mexico will not only be trying to win, they will be trying to destroy us in order to impress their fans.  So far in the hex we have proven that we cannot hold a lead.  We were leading 2-0 in El Salvador and blew the game.  We gave up three goals away to the US.  We had a lead yesterday and couldn't win at home.  We gave up three goals.  What is going to change between now and Wednesday for us to win in arguably the most difficult place to play in Concacaf?  Getting a result is not impossible because anything can happen in any day in football but the only way I see us getting a result in Azteca is by pure luck.

1]; } ?>