March 28, 2024, 05:55:19 PM

Author Topic: T&T vs Costa Rica Players Performances.  (Read 20574 times)

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T vs Costa Rica Players Performances.
« on: June 06, 2009, 06:20:06 PM »
Ince - Solid..defence let him down. (8 )
Dog, Tallest - Too many lapses for this level. Cost us this game. (5)
Avery - Very solid defensively as usual. Not much going forward. We can accept that.(8 )
Carlos - Decent performance but still needs to work alot on crossing.(8.5)
Noel - Really impressed with him. Workrate, hustle, outstanding but needs to improve finishing.(8 )
Yorke - Average...thought he would have been substituted midway second half for Hyland(6.5)
Spann - Very solid game. Started to look like Spann of last campaign. Good hustle, distribution. Opts to shoot to quickly sometimes when better options are available. Should not have been substituted.(8 )
Jones - Worked very hard but still a bit off top form. Was very involved.(7.5)
Scotland - Missed him for the whole first half. Has to link up better with Jones and midfielders. I would have started with Glen.(4)
Tinto - Shows talent but not up to this level as yet to start (based on this performance). I would try him off the bench. (5)
Birchal - Did not do much during time on field.
Glen - Provided something different on top but long ball being played did not suit his game.
Samuel - Decent showing and well taken chance on goal.
Stern - I think we missed him alot with the no. of chances we had ... proven finisher

« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 07:39:36 PM by Trini-Warrior »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Players' Performances
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 06:23:47 PM »

ratings overall out of 10
Ince - 6
Avery - 9
Dog - 3
Tallest - 5
Carlos - 10
Noel - 6
Yorke - 5
Spann - 9
Jones - 8
Scotland - 4
Glen. - inc.
Tinto - 9
Birchal - inc.
Samuel - 9

« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 06:26:29 PM by Babalawo »

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 06:29:25 PM »

Ince - 6
Avery - 9
Dog - 3
Tallest - 5
Carlos - 10
Noel - 6
Yorke - 5
Spann - 9
Jones - 8
Scotland - 4
Glen. - inc.
Tinto - 9
Birchal - inc.
Samuel - 9

is ah MINUS 4 yuh meant to give elan man?

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Costa Rica Players Performances.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 06:40:51 PM »
At least the team sc0ring and lookin dangerous......ah have some hope for this squad....they need to lock the defense and score dem dam sitters

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 06:45:11 PM »
Agreed. Team looks good with fight, hustle and good passing. Except for much of second half when they resorted to long balls when they were behind. Latas has made a big difference. We just need to tighten up at the back and work on concentration for full 90.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 07:13:23 PM »
avery and carlos were the best performers.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 07:23:21 PM »

Ince - 6     8 Played well could not be faulted for the goals
Avery - 9   9 Why was he not there all the time ??
Dog - 3      8  Not at fault for the goals
Tallest - 5   7 Apart from the mistake he played well
Carlos - 10  6 Was at fault for the first goal and made some bad decisions with the ball
Noel - 6      6 Played well but was out of position (coaching tactic)
Yorke - 5    7 Was crowded by 3 players at times
Spann - 9    8 What a turn around
Jones - 8     7 Did well but Should have done better. Seemed tired at times
Scotland - 4 4 At least he was able to get into scoring positions........(somebody say Stern)
Glen. - inc.
Tinto - 9      9 Saw no reason to take him off but at least Samuel scored
Birchal - inc.
Samuel - 9    7 He is capable of more. The goal was good but needed to use his speed more

Team Score  - 7 We had enough scoring opportunities to win this game end of text....... There were some questionable tactical decisions but we just didn't score our chances.

Turning point i the game - Scotland had just missed one...Jones got a nice ball on top of the box and instead of shooting he pass to Scotland.....miss. After that his confidence was gone and we got no end product after that. The score was still nil - nil at that time.

Coach - 10 The team looked really well. Latapy made some questionable decisions but at the end of the day the team produced enough chances to win the game. The team played the entire game with one winger. Trent Noel was not playing left wing he was playing on the left of three in midfield and had to run out to defend which cost us. In the 2nd half Samuel started on the right then switched out to the left, leaving no right winger.

1st goal - Carlos let the man beat him to the line.
2nd goal - Defence did not clear the ball
3rd goal - 2 defenders tackle  won the ball but left no one to recover the loose ball.

This team could beat real sides the way they playing now....IF THEY SCORE !!!!!!!!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 07:27:49 PM »
Latas 9.5

Carlos 9.5
Tinto 9
Ince 9 (One mistake)
Avery 9
Yorke 8.5 (could have been higher, but his legs were tiring)
Jones 8.5
Noel 8
Spann 8
Samuel 8
Lawrence 7
Glenn 7
Birchall 7
Scotland 7
Andrews 5

Rarely do so many socawarrior players score so decently in 1 game. Latas is de future
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 07:28:35 PM »
Agree wit u Rasta
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 07:29:08 PM »
nice report Rastaman
Thanks
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 07:30:16 PM »
Latas 9.5

Carlos 9.5
Tinto 9
Ince 9 (One mistake)
Avery 9
Yorke 8.5 (could have been higher, but his legs were tiring)
Jones 8.5
Noel 8
Spann 8
Samuel 8
Lawrence 7
Glenn 7
Birchall 7
Scotland 7
Andrews 5

Rarely do so many socawarrior players score so decently in 1 game. Latas is de future

I mostly agree with yuh ratins  but ah 7 for Scotland?  What dat for?  being invisible for most ah de game?

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 07:31:22 PM »
No way carlos is a 6 though... man did er thing today take on nuff men and try to make so many opportunities from rb and he scored one of the 2 goals no way he should be rated a 6...

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 07:44:09 PM »
No way carlos is a 6 though... man did er thing today take on nuff men and try to make so many opportunities from rb and he scored one of the 2 goals no way he should be rated a 6...
I was in the stadium and he was playing right in front of me..... He was at fault for the first goal and he made some bad decisions........He needs to do better....ok ok not 6 but nothing more than 7

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 07:53:03 PM »
I was in the stadium and he was playing right in front of me..... He was at fault for the first goal and he made some bad decisions........He needs to do better....ok ok not 6 but nothing more than 7
I assuming you watch it live. That first goal was mostly Dog, though. Carlos allow de cross, but Dog lose de man he was marking (the goalscorer) and run back too deep then try to salvage it with a lunging header to cut out de cross. Bad marking/positioning.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 07:53:59 PM »
team fitness .. 6

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 07:57:15 PM »
I assuming you watch it live. That first goal was mostly Dog, though. Carlos allow de cross, but Dog lose de man he was marking (the goalscorer) and run back too deep then try to salvage it with a lunging header to cut out de cross. Bad marking/positioning.
Yes I was in the Stadium. That goal started on the right(left). We were playing with out a left winger so Noel had to run out to defend...no pressure on the ball....cross field pass....man takes on Carlos and beats him on the line........after all those mistakes you cannot blame poor Dog... the man had time to make up he mind where to go.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 07:59:14 PM »
like some ppl here need to watch this game again especially andrews performance... the only thing that really let down that man was his stupid long balls.defensively he made one mistake w/ the 1st goal... like ya'll forget that right after the equaliser a man get away clean from lawrence (who continue standing in one spot foolishly) and was one on one w/ ince up until andrews buss speed and pressure the man and force him to hit it wide

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 07:59:27 PM »
team fitness .. 6
Not the whole team but definitely Kenwyne. Probably took too long to come back home after the season finished.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 08:00:33 PM »
like some ppl here need to watch this game again especially andrews performance... the only thing that really let down that man was his stupid long balls.defensively he made one mistake w/ the 1st goal... like ya'll forget that right after the equaliser a man get away clean from lawrence (who continue standing in one spot foolishly) and was one on one w/ ince up until andrews buss speed and pressure the man and force him to hit it wide
Thank you...  :beermug: and men here want to give the man 5.

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 08:05:42 PM »
the tam played very good but kelvin jack need to be back alyuh see y imps never started a game under beenie hes rel shit start jan michael
bajanscout

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Random Musings
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 08:09:11 PM »
1. The Side is too old.  As I have mentioned time and time again, you cannot have the number of men we have the wrong side of 30 and expect to prevail.  You simply cannot have two old slow centre halfs and not expect to pay for it. Yorke also simply cannot do it at this level or any level anymore.  Assuming that Hyland is not suffering from the effects of his brother's death, simply amazing that he was not played.  Youth must be served.  We continue to pay the price for not making hard decisions

2. Jason Scotland & KJ cannot play together.  They are the same type of player - they cannot create chances but are dependent on service which is non-existent on this team.  KJ more and more reminds me of a boss athlete than a football player.  He simply doesnt score enough for club or country to be rated as highly as he is.

3. Birchall must start on this team.  He is a harrying presence. Midfield looks way to vulnerable with him out of the lineup. CR had all the time when they have the ball.

4.  Carlos Edwards must really learn to deliver a cross.  It is about time.

5. Glen must play he is the only forward we have that can create havoc with runs and stretch the defense

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Random Musings
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 08:10:41 PM »
imps is shit start jan michael
bajanscout

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 08:17:07 PM »
Very good comments PEG. I agree except with the strong  performances of Noel and Spann today and with Hyland in for Yorke, there is no place for Birchall in the starting eleven right now. Except if you play him for Tinto on the right wing.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2009, 08:22:59 PM »
1. Nothing wrong with the age of the players.....let the younger players step up. There was nothing wrong with Yorke's play today...what match were you watching...Ok if Hyland was there he probably comes on for him after 65 or 70 mins but not before.

2. KJ and Scotty played well together.... Scotty just didn't score........and like you watch the match on your computer because i could count at least 6 opportunities that were created by the midfield....they got the service but didn't score.

3. Birchall start or not, today he didn't and the team was able to create chances....had they scored no body would be complaining.

4. Yes Glen must play..... Not necessary to start him though. he came on and contributed to the goal. Also Costa Rica was defending too deep for him to have much impact.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2009, 08:29:29 PM »
Ince ole. Should consider Marvin Phillips hard now
Yorke ole - could run a 45 but not an entire game
Dog ole - should be on the bench for emergy sub purpose
Lawrence ole - used just for his height
Avery ole - Play LB until someone beat him out of the starting lineup

Thats nearly half the squad that is a game away from retirement.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 08:32:27 PM by Babalawo »

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2009, 08:30:19 PM »
imps is old shit
bajanscout

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2009, 08:34:45 PM »

Yes but add up all the goals that were as a direct result of these players and we would have won the game....other players made mistakes too.......

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2009, 08:40:12 PM »
Thank you...  :beermug: and men here want to give the man 5.

I watched this game and I hoped with the usual suspects of blame (stern, akile) missing people would notice some of the overlooked or understated flaws of our game..I have sat silently while ppl have constantly ignored Deenis Lawrence's shortcomings in several matches in this qualifying series...
While partnered with Keyeno..ppl on this board regulaly rated him over Thomas despite Thomas usually having the better game..in fact I compare his partnership with Thomas..which has good chemistry i add...to the partnership between carvahlo and john terry...in that altho terry (tallest) garners more acclaim and attention..it is really carvahlo (thomas) who was cleaning up his errors and making timely interceptions to make the other one look good..

In this game..lawrence could be faulted FOR ALL THREE GOALS...
on the first..he was caught in no man's land..he was ball watching..he did not protect the far post or put proper effort into shallenging saborio's eventual scoffed shot..HE WAS BALL watching on the play and only reacted after saborio mishit the ball..

the second goal..need not be explained  and the third..you are 6'7" there was no need for him to jump to challenge the cross...however the entire defence for that play was horrid...

some might say i am harsh but watch over the earlier qualifiers...
el salvador..apart from his errors on the freekicks...he regularly was dragged out of position by the forwards and left a psace behind which usually had to be filled by spann or akile to save face...
Look at the USA goal in the HCS stadium when we win 2-1...

yet somehow his errors continue to slip past many..as if whenever men rating his performance  all the think about is the goal in bahrain..I don't know how people could say he had a better game than dog today..really...

my ratings

ince 6
avery 6.5 - solid for the most..questions must be asked of him for the third goal..but it was an overall defensive problem..
lawrence 4.5 - see above
dog  6 - good return..he is slow but he reads the game just as well as he did in 05
carlos 7.5 -carlos did put in the odd bad ball..but he was our best player tonight...he showed tinto how to get it done on several occasions
spann 7- i giving latas his  due on this..for very long i have felt spann was used int eh wrong postion..he is deep lying midfielder ala pirlo and he finally got his chance to play there and he did well
noel 6 - good hustle and workrate..he should have buried his chances...buh good performance with distributin in the middle
yorke 5.5 -in my opinion as much class as he is..yorke is a liability as much as he is an asset to this team..if i were coach he would be a fringe player at best
tinto 5 - if he gets the jitters out and puts in crosses we may ahve something
scotland 6 - jones played better than scotland today but alot of good plays made by scottie..he was mistaken for kj  6.5 - good game today..but is still far from the deadly striker we need

subs
samuel  6.5 - good goal..buh he was too out of the game..more due to the collapse of our tactics after the third goal
glenn  6 i admit he changed the game..but like samuel he was out of it and was fortunate not to be sent off for a bad tackle
birchall..5 he was the wrong sub today..not his fault but it was not a game he coudl impacted...hyland should have come on instead...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2009, 08:44:32 PM »

Breds , yorke create ah whole heap of chances for scotty and Kj, yorke was ah boss today. carlos was a defnder tonight not an offensive winger. the only problem tonight came from scotty and lawrence, one threw away easy goals and one gave up easy goals.

KJ also played like ah selfish bastard!!he had an opportunity to pass to scotty who was free as a bird and opted for the shot. plus he was only arguing wid players.

bring in darryl roberts , he scores!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2009, 08:45:59 PM »

fellahs imagine our best player is de f**king coach of de team, dat is de blasted problem right there.

1]; } ?>