April 18, 2024, 07:45:47 PM

Author Topic: Foreign-based College Players Thread  (Read 97015 times)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Andre Cooper ?
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2006, 11:31:57 AM »

UK schools don't offer football schols to trinis and from what i heard their football at that level is not organized...so the US is the best option for our players.
what you saying about UK Universities(you must mean) dont offer to Trinis is bullsh*t. They dont offer Football Scholaships at all!!!!

Calm yuhself..i could only talk about trinis..i not living in england so I don't know what goes on there ...so watch yuhself...i am not yuh son...
I really should of put a LOL on that. I was actually backing ur point. Never Mind

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Andre Cooper ?
« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2006, 11:34:32 AM »
Some of them do. London Met, Loughborough...The big name sports unis.
They Give You Blighs on Courses if you good at football not schols.
Brunel, Loughborough give you funding if you elite(national level rep) at your sport(as long as the money going to your sport) but what International England Football Gonna Be in Uni.lol
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 11:40:43 AM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andre Cooper ?
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2006, 12:06:21 PM »

UK schools don't offer football schols to trinis and from what i heard their football at that level is not organized...so the US is the best option for our players.
what you saying about UK Universities(you must mean) dont offer to Trinis is bullsh*t. They dont offer Football Scholaships at all!!!!

Calm yuhself..i could only talk about trinis..i not living in england so I don't know what goes on there ...so watch yuhself...i am not yuh son...
I really should of put a LOL on that. I was actually backing ur point. Never Mind

Hard luck dey..I misinterpret yuh post.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Andre Cooper ?
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2006, 12:24:00 PM »

Hard luck dey..I misinterpret yuh post.
lol :D

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andre Cooper ?
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2006, 10:38:02 PM »
[/I have been saying that USA football does kill our footballers, yuh have to remember that  USA is not a traditional football country, so when the players finish their degree there is no competitive football for them to carry on their development, unless they are the outstanding players in their divisions.

The better option in terms of  education and football development is the United Kingdom.

Their chances of playing in the lower leagues are much more better than the USA due to the exposure they can get with several football clubs.
In the USA their are restrictions on players who may want to play club football while they are at University.

The education is also very good in British universities.
quote]

I couldn't disagree with you more.  It's not that the US development does kill our playeres.  The problem is that we have too many talkers and non-players on this site.

When men come to the US, reality hits that:
1. Men older and more mature
2. You understand and start preparing for life outside of football

I can't speak for others but I know that I improved tremendously in the US more so than I did in trini, however, some people are late bloomers.  It just so happens that not everyone wants to play pro ball.

Does anyone consider the fact that less than 1% of athletes make it to the professional ranks?  When men start adding up the $, they figure with a degree they can make a substantial amount of money and don't necessarily want to chase dreams that may never materialize.

Just food for thought!

My friend just to put things into perspective, if you think about the amount of good footballers that have gone to the USA over the years and the number that have carried on in football,  you will see where i am coming from.

As far as i know the level of football i have played and the level that you have played, has got nothing to do with any problem.

I remember when you played you was a good player, so respect.

Check this though, if you was living in a traditional football country, you and many others would be playing professional football today.

If the environment supported football, for instance somewhere like England, your chances would be a lot higher for securing a professional contract than say the USA.

That's my point.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andre Cooper ?
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2006, 12:24:54 AM »
[/I have been saying that USA football does kill our footballers, yuh have to remember that  USA is not a traditional football country, so when the players finish their degree there is no competitive football for them to carry on their development, unless they are the outstanding players in their divisions.

The better option in terms of  education and football development is the United Kingdom.

Their chances of playing in the lower leagues are much more better than the USA due to the exposure they can get with several football clubs.
In the USA their are restrictions on players who may want to play club football while they are at University.

quote]

I couldn't disagree with you more.  It's not that the US development does kill our playeres.  The problem is that we have too many talkers and non-players on this site.

I can't speak for others but I know that I improved tremendously in the US more so than I did in trini, however, some people are late bloomers.  It just so happens that not everyone wants to play pro ball.

Does anyone consider the fact that less than 1% of athletes make it to the professional ranks?  When men start adding up the $, they figure with a degree they can make a substantial amount of money and don't necessarily want to chase dreams that may never materialize.

Just food for thought!

Well said...far too many Trinidadians who never left TnT live to take potshots at the US and anything that it represents.  The focus should be on the development of the individual not on TnT football...if TnT football happens to benefit alongside said individual development/growth/betterment...den more fete  :beermug:

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
Andre Cooper ?
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2006, 06:38:02 AM »
i can name a handfull of meh.. who started of in the NCAA soccer and has ended out very well.

Stern, Shaka, Avery, Rahim....just to name a few
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andre Cooper ?
« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2006, 07:04:16 AM »
leh me put in mi 5 cents socamericans doh cuss me ah jus saying what ah observe bsc coaching sch has ties with colleges in usa and approx 3 - 5 players leave to go on us schols every year the only person i can recall that has represented the national team after going that path was  hayden "burt" fitzwilliams and no offence to him he wasnt the best to have gone on a schol.signal hill won the intercol or big 7 in 1995 about 7 members from that squad have since left on schols not 1 note is sound about them wrt football. snake eyes( cant  recall his correct name) was the sweeper for that side he went on to skipper the then joe public which was the hottest thing back then imagine he skipper joe public at 20 -21 yrs and then go on a schol and seems to have disappeared. i dont believe the usa is at fault how can theybe, its our footballl administrators who  i  believe r now starting to make ties with  our us based college players keeping them in the loop remember these guys finish with degrees so they have other options besides football. keeping them in the loop is very important.

and yes the thread get hijack ( ah frighten to say kidnap)
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andre Cooper ?
« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2006, 07:48:44 AM »

quote]

Just food for thought!

Well said...far too many Trinidadians who never left TnT live to take potshots at the US and anything that it represents.  The focus should be on the development of the individual not on TnT football...if TnT football happens to benefit alongside said individual development/growth/betterment...den more fete  :beermug:

My friend i have travelled the world and i have seen countries that have a proper football tradition.

I am not disputing an individual's choice, all i am saying is that in a proper football environment, our footballers would get a better chance of turning pro and getting and education, for instance England.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andre Cooper ?
« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2006, 07:59:34 AM »
leh me put in mi 5 cents socamericans doh cuss me ah jus saying what ah observe bsc coaching sch has ties with colleges in usa and approx 3 - 5 players leave to go on us schols every year the only person i can recall that has represented the national team after going that path was  hayden "burt" fitzwilliams and no offence to him he wasnt the best to have gone on a schol.signal hill won the intercol or big 7 in 1995 about 7 members from that squad have since left on schols not 1 note is sound about them wrt football. snake eyes( cant  recall his correct name) was the sweeper for that side he went on to skipper the then joe public which was the hottest thing back then imagine he skipper joe public at 20 -21 yrs and then go on a schol and seems to have disappeared. i dont believe the usa is at fault how can theybe, its our footballl administrators who  i  believe r now starting to make ties with  our us based college players keeping them in the loop remember these guys finish with degrees so they have other options besides football. keeping them in the loop is very important.

and yes the thread get hijack ( ah frighten to say kidnap)

You are right it is not the USA's fault , it is our very own football administration that is at fault.

However after the college league most footballers drop out of playing football because the money that is payed, is very low.

In the UK a footballer can earn a living as low down as the fifth division(Nationwide Conference).

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andre Cooper ?
« Reply #160 on: March 27, 2006, 08:03:48 AM »
i can name a handfull of meh.. who started of in the NCAA soccer and has ended out very well.

Out of thousands, check the stats.

Tallman give us a rundown on the number of Trini's that have attended US universities and the number that have turned pro.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Re: Andre Cooper ?
« Reply #161 on: March 27, 2006, 09:07:51 AM »

Tallman give us a rundown on the number of Trini's that have attended US universities and the number that have turned pro.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Rastafari, how things going pal? Well let me give my run down on the situation.

Scott Seally, Brent Sancho, Anthony Noreiga, Joel Bailey, Travis Sobers,  Craig Denim, Marlon Rojas, Leslie Fitzpatrick, Kevin Jeffrey are some more players to add to the list of players that make it after they play college football in the US.

Not every player makes it to the next level. In any country (whether football fanatic nation or not) some great players are left behind. Let me ask you this rastafari, do you think that those players lost in the US college system would have been better off playing in Trinidad? In this way I mean, would they have eventually been a foreign base professional or established player? Do you really think is the TTFF fault for letting these players move to greener pastures?

At least they have a degree to show for their efforts. As i said, even if they were in Trinidad or Europe, that did not mean they would have been successful and move to the professional ranks. Everyone one have their destiny to trod and what is meant to be will be. You understand where i am coming from? I think taking the scholarship is a risk yes and yes we have lost a lot of players through the system. However, imagine if they only had football going for them and that then turned failure, at least we would not have another coke pusher or wild gun man in our country.

Kingman

« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 09:11:06 AM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The US College system and our players
« Reply #162 on: March 27, 2006, 09:38:09 AM »
Doh blame the US system...it is very transparent and the path for student-athletes is there for all to see. Most of the Trinis that go on US schols were never good enough to turn pro. Others didn't want to take the risk and go all out for football and used education as a back-up plan. Others did not have the disciplaine and focus and just petered out. If you are any good you have a chance to get drafted into the MLS while also getting an education. If that is not your goal..don't go to the US. Talk done....

Yeah, if you want to play professional ball, you probabaly better off finding an agent and trying to find a pro-club after secondary school. But you can also go to the US, remain focused and have a goal and execute like Scott Sealy, Tiger or Shaka Hislop. The US provides a great opportunity, it is up to the individuals to find a way to make it work..most of them that fall by the wayside...that was their choice, or like of drive, or desire to play pro...not the fault of the US system

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Andre Cooper ?
« Reply #163 on: March 27, 2006, 09:44:16 AM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Rastafari, how things going pal? Well let me give my run down on the situation.

Scott Seally, Brent Sancho, Anthony Noreiga, Joel Bailey, Travis Sobers,  Craig Denim, Marlon Rojas, Leslie Fitzpatrick, Kevin Jeffrey are some more players to add to the list of players that make it after they play college football in the US.

Not every player makes it to the next level. In any country (whether football fanatic nation or not) some great players are left behind. Let me ask you this rastafari, do you think that those players lost in the US college system would have been better off playing in Trinidad? In this way I mean, would they have eventually been a foreign base professional or established player? Do you really think is the TTFF fault for letting these players move to greener pastures?

At least they have a degree to show for their efforts. As i said, even if they were in Trinidad or Europe, that did not mean they would have been successful and move to the professional ranks. Everyone one have their destiny to trod and what is meant to be will be. You understand where i am coming from? I think taking the scholarship is a risk yes and yes we have lost a lot of players through the system. However, imagine if they only had football going for them and that then turned failure, at least we would not have another coke pusher or wild gun man in our country.

Kingman

Respect Kingman things good with me how are you?
Yuh does make some good posts on this board.

Check where i am coming from king, those players that are on a US schol deserve it and the benefits are, getting a good education while playing football, scene.

I am not disputing this, however the TTFF is not at fault for letting them go on schols, but they are at fault for not maintaining contact with these players after they leave T&T.

All i am saying is the footballers in the USA would be better off in a proper traditional football country such as  England.

Those that want to go on a schol just for the education and play college football, the USA  is alright,  but those that want to step into the professional ranks, have a better chance elsewhere.

With regards to playing in T&T that is another story because even though we may have a stronger football tradition than the USA, we have not got the resources to provide for these players as yet, but hopefully we will one day.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 27, 2006, 09:56:54 AM »
yuh make plenty sense there spidey

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2006, 10:03:41 AM »
Nakhid also came through the US College system.

I once read where he was quoted as saying that he was the "first" player from the NCAA to get a European professional contract.

Toujour Pret!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2006, 10:59:10 AM »
This is just my view,first we have to understand this is the US College system and was designed for the US,if our players chooses to go there they have to accept what comes along with it,it's have always been like this and we still choose to go.

That tells us one thing it's not only about Football,education is the main thing which i think is most important,if you ask a lot of these guys that take up schols they will tell you it's about education,and i think if you don't keep up your academics you can loose your schol.I understand the argument here about the College system not helping our players,but if we have to condemn that system do we have something better,before we do that why not check our system and try to put something in place.

It's easy to blame the College system but to play Football at the top level requires a full time commitment,to achieve a high education requires a full time commitment,to juggle both of them together i can't find one word for it,if you can let me know.Every body can't make it in this game,the percentage that make it is very small,nothing is guaranteed,not because one person made it a certain way the others will,it's different for all of us,place and time have a part to play sometimes.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2006, 11:40:11 AM »
The arguement about USA college system spoiling our players is ridiculous. first, if we take a look at the players that come to college - most were not even considered in any big way back home, most came because they needed an education (not a professional contract), they did not come to become better players. The other thing is this almost every US player playing aboard are starting for their teams in Europe, and playing for bigger teams than our players, but most of OUR stars are playing in lower division leagues and still coming of the bench.

If you accept the above as the truth- then it can be argued that there is something beneficial about the US system - Their National team is made up of players who came through the college system, and our team catching they ass to beat them.

Now if you guys want to argue that the US college ball is not as we like it - I will accept, but to sit there and watch the successes of the US teams and players, and dog there college system is indeed stupid.

On OUR national team we have more naturally gift players than on the US team, but they have the one element that we lack home and that is discipline & passion. Being able to play the game better than most doesn't make you a champion. We can learn some lessons from the Americans.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 11:48:36 AM by Baygo Boy »

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2006, 02:31:43 PM »
maybe UWI should start giving schols...lol

Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: what about scott sealy
« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2006, 03:28:40 PM »
Scott Sealy is ready in my opinoin for int'l football at the WCQ level. I agree to an extent that college ball in the US may not be the best option for fellas wanting to go pro, but on the other hand a lot of fellas that do do exceptionally well on the NCAA or NAIA circuit make a lot of contacts and network a lot during their time in the US. i.e they sell themselves to a wider market. It may be right to say that Yorke wouldnt be the star he is today if he played college ball but it is also about timing and opportunity. Though the time a player trains per week will be less for a college team than a pro team, highly ranked college teams are not weak teams compared to lets say PFL teams. Some can in fact beat PFL teams. U have to take into consideration that guys also want  a higher education whether for self satisfaction or for other reasons. Players also get injuires that hinder them from making it into the pro ranks, so having a bachelor's is just having a plan B in certain circumstances.

So i think that players wanting to go pro but coming on the NCAA cicuit is debatable as some have limited options.

** Scott Sealy could handle it, he just needs to be given a chance. The man has a nack for scoring.
You talking shit there. University of Maryland cannot beat Jabloteh.

College Soccer in the US is an athlete's game. The ultimate player at that level is an excellent athlete with some skill.

It's a good opportunityin general, but not for an aspiring professional. The auditioning for a wider audience is really a bogus argument because it doesn't apply to non US citizens/residents. Just ask Anthony Noriega. If he didn't have to count as an international he probably would have been drafted.

The problem like someone said, is that 18-22 is a very important time in the development of a professional. As a student athlete you don't have enough time to devote towards your profession. That's why most players fall behind. Even the Americans realize that now. Reyna left after 3 years, Donovon didn't go to college. In fact most of the better youth players are opting out of college soccer entirely.
TnT Patriot

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2006, 03:35:47 PM »
The arguement about USA college system spoiling our players is ridiculous. first, if we take a look at the players that come to college - most were not even considered in any big way back home, most came because they needed an education (not a professional contract), they did not come to become better players. The other thing is this almost every US player playing aboard are starting for their teams in Europe, and playing for bigger teams than our players, but most of OUR stars are playing in lower division leagues and still coming of the bench.

If you accept the above as the truth- then it can be argued that there is something beneficial about the US system - Their National team is made up of players who came through the college system, and our team catching they ass to beat them.

Now if you guys want to argue that the US college ball is not as we like it - I will accept, but to sit there and watch the successes of the US teams and players, and dog there college system is indeed stupid.

On OUR national team we have more naturally gift players than on the US team, but they have the one element that we lack home and that is discipline & passion. Being able to play the game better than most doesn't make you a champion. We can learn some lessons from the Americans.
     This quote should end all the discussion on this topic,it's the best reasoning plus it makes a lot of sense,regardless of how we look at the US these ppl are successfull,there must be something they are doing right.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 27, 2006, 04:33:44 PM »
A lot if interesting points made:the fact is prior to the MLS the college and Olympic Development Program was the primary mechanism the US used to develop their players. Today the college is not their major way of developing players for the national team...the MLS; Bradenton Academy ; Projet 40 and Europe is how it is now done.
The college system here is not what is killing our players, it's the fact that we don't have a proper mechanism in place. US colleges have players from all over the world, but the majority of these players are players who did not make the professional cut in their own countries. In our case with the Caribbean players, there are many of us who were good enough to get scholarships, but not good enough to become pros. While there have been some success stories (Sharlie Joseph...New England Revolution) the MLS is becoming tougher for our players to break into due to limit on international players etc.
Most professional players are identified and placed in professional player development programs as young as 12 years old. You can't wait until man get to be big " hard back " at 22 to expect them to just begin to become a true top level professional. Professional football is a way of life, not just being a good player; you have to be taught that way of life at a young age.
We all have to face reality at some point and determine what is best for us individually. I've used the example before in another post about Dr. Carlos Lee who was a very talented former National youth player. He took advantage of his scholarship opportunity. Today he is a very highly respected Chemist in the Phamacutical Industry.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 27, 2006, 04:53:24 PM »
 OK CK1, It helps young men get a degree....However it usually spoils them as footballers... In the US college system a player plays less football than if he was home(sweating, training and so on)...Therefore he becomes less skilful....It is a good system though for other sports but I think for football(soccer) it is not as effective in graduating players to pro ranks...Still a good thing though

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2006, 11:32:25 PM »
Ponnoxx: I think you are in agreement with me. If we had a proper system in place our best players would be channeled towards the pro environment and opportunities. The US college system is not for men who really talented enough to make it to the pros. Latas turn down a scholarship to FIU because he had the ability to make it as history shows. Most men taking scholarship because that is the best option for them at the time...the best American players not going to college, they going into the pro environment in the US and Europe. John O' Brian turned a scholarship to Duke university to become an aprentice in Holland at Ajax.
US College soccer is not the place where serious ballers go if they have the ability and ambition to become top level pros.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 29, 2006, 02:54:13 PM »
Ponnoxx: I think you are in agreement with me. If we had a proper system in place our best players would be channeled towards the pro environment and opportunities. The US college system is not for men who really talented enough to make it to the pros. Latas turn down a scholarship to FIU because he had the ability to make it as history shows. Most men taking scholarship because that is the best option for them at the time...the best American players not going to college, they going into the pro environment in the US and Europe. John O' Brian turned a scholarship to Duke university to become an aprentice in Holland at Ajax.
US College soccer is not the place where serious ballers go if they have the ability and ambition to become top level pros.

That statement right there summerize the whole thread.  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 29, 2006, 04:05:13 PM »
Quote from: CK1 on March 28, 2006, 12:32:25 AM

That statement right there summerize the

I would agree to some extent.  Again less than 1% of athletes make it to the pro ranks.  I wouldn't necessarily agree that serious ballers don't go to college.  Any thoughts that some kids think they cannot make the rigorous standards on some college campuses? 

College football is not for everyone, however, neither is the pros.  It takes much more than talent to make it both on the pro and college levels.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 29, 2006, 04:28:08 PM »
OK CK1, It helps young men get a degree....However it usually spoils them as footballers... In the US college system a player plays less football than if he was home(sweating, training and so on)...Therefore he becomes less skilful

This is one sh!t statement.  I would love to know what school Ponnoxx played at for him to know that or make that statement.

I could tell you from experience that it is only after I got my football schol and went to the US to play that I saw what playing and training ALL YEAR ROUND really meant.

Fall is games. Yuh in season.  late fall you in the Playoffs (hopefully).  Christmas break you off for a couple weeks.  As the second semester starts training starts... indoor sessions/league, running at 5 in the morning whether there is rain, snow, or serious sub-zero temperatures.  Serious weight training starts.  Spring you start playing outside.  Weight room again.  Summer you in school still and is serious training the ass't coach have you doing on your own or with teammates (due to NCAA regulations) who also stayed around.  Most likely you playing in a summer league as well as preparing for your season in the weight room and running alot.  Late summer is two and three a days training for Pre-season and then boom, you into the Fall season again.

What Ponnoxx really talking about?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 04:31:23 PM by Jahyouth »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 29, 2006, 04:46:53 PM »
OK CK1, It helps young men get a degree....However it usually spoils them as footballers... In the US college system a player plays less football than if he was home(sweating, training and so on)...Therefore he becomes less skilful

This is one sh!t statement.  I would love to know what school Ponnoxx played at for him to know that or make that statement.

I could tell you from experience that it is only after I got my football schol and went to the US to play that I saw what playing and training ALL YEAR ROUND really meant.

Fall is games. Yuh in season.  late fall you in the Playoffs (hopefully).  Christmas break you off for a couple weeks.  As the second semester starts training starts... indoor sessions/league, running at 5 in the morning whether there is rain, snow, or serious sub-zero temperatures.  Serious weight training starts.  Spring you start playing outside.  Weight room again.  Summer you in school still and is serious training the ass't coach have you doing on your own or with teammates (due to NCAA regulations) who also stayed around.  Most likely you playing in a summer league as well as preparing for your season in the weight room and running alot.  Late summer is two and three a days training for Pre-season and then boom, you into the Fall season again.

What Ponnoxx really talking about?

Yeah Ponnoxx talkin' some mess there. The U.S. programs are pretty rigorous, especially the bigger programs. I for one can testify that I'd never been in the kinda shape neither before playing ball in college nor have I been since I finished.....and I played at a small program.

From a purely footballing perspective, the U.S. college system may not be the best for developing a player to get to the highest level, but it is a stepping stone.. a structured one at that, and with the MLS becoming more and more competitive, it is a stepping stone to a higher level of ball if you are good enough to make a successful transition......Quite a few U.S. players are testament of such.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 04:49:43 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Isaachunt

« Reply #178 on: March 29, 2006, 05:33:58 PM »
 The college system spoils our players bad. It does make players go down the drain

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 29, 2006, 05:59:23 PM »
The college system spoils our players bad. It does make players go down the drain

and yuh reasoning for this is???
Back in Trini...

1]; } ?>