April 24, 2024, 01:45:34 AM

Author Topic: Foreign-based College Players Thread  (Read 97288 times)

dtruth does offend

Re: The US College system and our players
« Reply #180 on: March 29, 2006, 06:20:21 PM »
The college system spoils our players bad. It does make players go down the drain

::)

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 29, 2006, 06:50:04 PM »
what is making me so damn vex is Trinibago players who attend college i n the state perform so good...but after that went is  time to convert to  pro....or international they are not playing up to par....why is that ....what i'm trying to say is more MLS teams and even teams from oversea don't really have Trinibago players on top of their list....but yet they are very skillful.....some are call for a try-out and make it but end up on the bench or some just don't cut it.....what is wrong with these player or something is very wrong somewhere

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 30, 2006, 03:34:37 PM »
najee: yes caribbean players have done well in some cases but I'm saying that playing in the college system is not the same scenario as playing in a professional club environment. Kicker and dem give a good account of the demands as a college player but it is not a professional development system for soccer players. NCAA rules alone govern much of what can be done in terms of time spent in training with the coach and the number of games played in the season. In Division II spring training is limited to 25 days with 5 dates for games. Division I have more opportunities but it is still not a system for professional soccer development.
Did you see the Dutch U-17 team play ? These are full professionals at age 16 and 17. If there are any players of that caliber in the Caribbean at that age, they don't need to be in a US university as a career path to professional soccer, they need to be in professional clubs.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: what about scott sealy
« Reply #183 on: March 30, 2006, 03:50:32 PM »

You talking shit there. University of Maryland cannot beat Jabloteh.

maybe not, but the game would be alot closer than you might think.

I saw U. Maryland play against D.C. United in the preseason of '03........and while there was an evident gap in the standard between both teams......the College players were by no means overwhelmed and gave a good account of themselves.....

If U.Maryland played Jabloteh to a draw, I would not be shocked........honestly. US College soccer might not be pretty to look at, but the better teams are very disciplined, physically fit and not would be easy to beat.

The U.S. team that beat T&T in '89 (our big strike squad), included players who were just out of college and some still in college.....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 30, 2006, 05:27:03 PM »
CK1 ah understand what you saying, but Kicker if that the case where a U.S. college team can even tie or beat a T&T pro team...well i tell yuh...our system is very SUCK? .....fellas the reason why i complain so much and looking for answer about our national team at all level...is because i'm fed-up with the  performance of the players attitude, their approach to the game and some of the T&T coach's technical style alway being out fox.. ....ah just fed-up losting to Mexico, central america, U.S. and Canada teams.....it's like they alway have our number...damn!!!!!!!!!

and next thing THEY DON'T RESPECT US...NO WAY NO HOW

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 30, 2006, 07:17:32 PM »
CK1 ah understand what you saying, but Kicker if that the case where a U.S. college team can even tie or beat a T&T pro team...well i tell yuh...our system is very SUCK? .....fellas the reason why i complain so much and looking for answer about our national team at all level...is because i'm fed-up with the  performance of the players attitude, their approach to the game and some of the T&T coach's technical style alway being out fox.. ....ah just fed-up losting to Mexico, central america, U.S. and Canada teams.....it's like they alway have our number...damn!!!!!!!!!

Yeah we know there is alotta room for improvement in our pro league....and in all fairness, I don't think U.Maryland can beat Jabloteh consistenly (at least I hope to God not).....I believe they would  give them a good run, and possibly manage a draw here and there.................but I think there are certain fundamentals and key qualities that are gained by young U.S players in the college system (at the better programs)....that our players lack up to the highest level (locally).
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 30, 2006, 07:34:02 PM »

UCONN beat nuff teams in germany including byern munich u-23. so i guess them is shyt in germany too
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T U.S. College Players Thread
« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2006, 03:08:05 AM »
DEFENCE WINS MATCHES.[/size]

Lewis shows the conference he is fearless.

Fabien Lewis (former Canisius College/Naparima College) helped guide George Mason University to a clean sweep this week (with wins over Northeastern University and defending conference champs Hofstra University consecutively. With the win, GMU are now 2-0 in conference play and 6-2 overall. Lewis can now consider himself apart of one of the strongest defense in the nation. To back this up, George Mason University is now ranked top 20 in the nation in all defensive statistics.

James hopes to guide UCONN to another big-east title.

Julius James and the men soccer team at University of Connecticut have made a courage comeback from bad start to their season. After loosing to Loyola Marymount University and then suffering a 5-1 lost to lowly favored St. Louis University on September 3rd, UCONN have not lost a game since. With the only real test being Wake Forest University (which happens to be a non-conference schedule) on October 10th, UCONN should be well on their way to another big-east final.

Ancil enjoys playing with big time program.

Ancil Farrier (national under 21 player) has started and played in every game as he helped Southern Connecticut State University to seven consecutive wins and in doing so becoming nationally ranked. Ancil, the composed and skillful left wing back player, proves that he is a threat offensive having 2 assists and 1 goal to his name this season. With good momentum going within the team, SCSU seems to be back on their way to another national title.

Smith and Marshall wants revenge….

Kareem Smith and Yohance Marshall of the University of South Florida football teams is destine to capture the big-east title this season after loosing on penalty kicks to UCONN last year. Both defenders have been very solid in the back for USF and for their efforts they helped their team to a 5-2-2 record thus far. These two promising Trinidad defenders are used to playing along each other and coach George Kiefer knows that would be key for the team’s success in the conference play-offs. They both were named on Soccer America Men's Top 25 foreign players college list along with T&T midfielders Jason Devenish and Kevon Neaves.

Telesford tries…but in vain.

Osei Telesford, arguably one of the better Trinidadian defenders in the college league, entered the season probably the most decorate man; being name PDL player of the year, PDL all star team and was 2nd in the voting in his conference for being named 2006 “player of the year.” However, his efforts prove that football is a team sport. Telesford and Liberty University started off the season win a narrow 1-0 win over Longwood University and then stumbled with 3 looses (the later coming from a 8-1 lost to Winthrop University.  With that lost, Liberty are not now 3-3 on the season, 2-2 in conference play but have a lot to be worried about as the tougher teams are still to come. Nevertheless, coach Jeff Alder remains optimistic about his team chances of reaching the conference finals.

Soca Warriors Online Press News.[/size]

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 05:00:45 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: T&T U.S. college players round-up (25-Sept-2006).
« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2006, 08:54:45 AM »
We have some decent defenders coming, lets hope they can break into the T&T team. We need some speedy defenders though and not ah next Dog. I see Noreiga catching he ass to make an A League bench, that sad because he is a decent player, he just need to mature mentally.

Fabien Lewis and Ancil Farrier is 2 other decent defenders, James ok to, but I hate that long ball thing. Kareem was a good fine too. Telesford could make a good defensive midfielder.

I will love to see a USA school 11 vs a SSFL 11.

Whats the deal with Patterson ? any word yet on his passport or de TTFF just sleeping as usual.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 09:19:17 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 25, 2006, 09:31:40 AM »
Sam i have to agree with you with that long ball tyhing but thats the way the US coaches want us to play. I am a defensive mid fielder and they want me to play that ball even though it is effective sometimes but not how they want us to be palying it Respect!
All American

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #190 on: September 25, 2006, 02:23:43 PM »
Good work flex.....nice to see you getting the defenders in the mix. These are all decent players. I really wish Osei was at a better school, I am confident he would have been in a better situation. That 8-1 licks they get sound like under 15 football business.  :rotfl:

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 25, 2006, 02:35:06 PM »
We have some good players out there...These guys making T&T proud...Normally you only hear about attackers but it seems we have some quality defenders too...Keep it up fellas

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 25, 2006, 03:06:18 PM »
I've heard good things about Telesford.

However

If the team he playin for colleck 8 from a nex team... :o

I hopin he didn't play in dat match.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 26, 2006, 03:14:22 AM »
Nice round up Flex, but I never hear us report on any top keepers or another midfield general in the US College system. Out of 159 players. Do we have any ?

Women players aboard.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 03:38:38 AM by Flex »

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 26, 2006, 08:41:11 AM »
Palos, I think Telesford just playing with a shit team. He is a very good defensive player (stuck with a shitty team). I wish he had went to New Mexico or Clemson where his efforts would have been rewarded both individually (him earning All-American awards etc) and collectively (i.e. the team winning games).

As for the midfield general Sando, I think tallman give a very nice run down on attacking college players. We need to get some updates on the ladies and goalkeepers though. We will see how it goes.

Kingman
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 08:43:34 AM by kingman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 26, 2006, 08:51:36 AM »
As for the midfield general Sando, I think tallman give a very nice run down on attacking college players. We need to get some updates on the ladies and goalkeepers though. We will see how it goes.

I eh know of any of our keepers who does get ah sweat. De ladies round-up go come in time.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 26, 2006, 12:10:24 PM »
thanks for the updates man

bless

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T U.S. College Players
« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2006, 06:41:42 AM »
T&T U.S. college players round-up (Oct 30-Nov 5, 2006)

November 5, 2006

A cool dozen for Patterson
uncgspartans.com
UNC Greensboro earned its third consecutive trip to the NCAA Tournament with a 3-0 win over Georgia Southern in the championship game of the 2006 Southern Conference Men’s Soccer Tournament. In the 72nd minute, Patterson, a two-time All-American from Hackensack, NJ, scored his 12th goal of the season and his fourth of the Southern Conference Tournament, on a chip into the far side of the goal after a crossing pass from the right side by Travis Young. It was also Patterson’s 60th of his career, making him the fifth Spartan to achieve the milestone. It also tied him for fifth on UNCG’s career points list with Chris Goos (1999-2002) at 139.

Garcia leads MCCC to NJCAA Finals
Defender Ricardo Garcia, brother for former national defender Shawn Garcia, has led Mercer County Community College to the National Junior College National Tournament which will take place in Tyler, Texas. Ricardo is the captain of the team and steered the Vikings to the second lowest Goal Against Average in the country. He played every minute of every game this season.

November 4, 2006

Dinzey ends season with a goal and assist
Frank Dinzey (formerly of St. Anthony's College) provided the assist for University of North Florida's opening goal in the 20th minute and then rounded of the scoring in the 77th minute to defeat Flagler University 3-1.

November 3, 2006

Patterson notches number 11
Randi Patterson scored in the last minute of regulation time to give UNC Greensboro a 2-0 win over Appalachian State, in the semifinal round of the Southern Conference Men’s Soccer Tournament. It was Patterson's 11th goal of the season.

Findley's penalty goes to waste
osubeavers.com
Senior forward Robbie Findley gave Oregon State University a 1-0 lead with a second-half penalty kick, but the University of Washington tied it in the 88th minute on a Ty Harden goal, then won it in the 98th minute on a penalty kick by Kevin Forrest. The Beavers didn’t waste an opportunity in the 56th minute and took a 1-0 lead. Findley took the ball up the middle of the field. He tried to pass the ball off to his right, but it was deflected right back to him. He continued his run into the box, and was tripped up by a UW defender. A penalty kick was awarded, and Findley drove a hard shot into the right side of the goal for his team-high sixth goal of the season.

Gardner and Montreat College advances to AAC championship
Sherman Gardner (formerly of Fatima College) contributed a goal in Montreat College 4-2 win over King College. The victory places Montreat College in the AAC Championship.

Gardner wins Golden Boot Award
Midfielder Sherman Gardner (formerly of Fatima College) won the Golden Boot Award in the Appalachian Athletic Conference.
November 2, 2006

James named BIG EAST Defender of the Year
uconnhuskies.com
Junior All-American Julius James (formerly of St. Anthony's College) received Defender of the Year honors for the second consecutive season. Earning the honor for the second straight season, James was also tabbed as 2006 Preseason Defensive Player of the Year. A two-time All-BIG EAST honoree, he has continually improved his defensive skills in his three seasons at Connecticut. James helped the Huskies hold opponents to 1.12 goals per game, allowing just 21 in 18 games. The central defender on the backline, James was named to the 2006 M.A.C. Hermann Watch List and has guided the Huskies most recently to a ranking of No. 21 nationally. Playing in all 18 games this year, the junior has added one goal on the season. James, along with Chris Gbandi, a three-time Defensive Player of the Year, are the only Huskies to earn this honor.

Smith and Neaves earn BIG EAST post-season honors
gousfbulls.com
Kareem Smith (Second Team All-BIG EAST) and Kevon Neaves (Third Team) were each honored by the BIG EAST Conference for their accomplishments this season. Smith, who played and started in every match during his four-year USF career, helped anchor a defense which recorded a 0.80 GAA (ranking 25th in the nation). The Hyde Park, Mass., native earned BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Week honors (Sept. 4) for a strong defensive outing versus a pair of ACC foes (N.C. State and Duke). Smith holds the USF record for consecutive starts (75) and is tied for the school mark in career matches (75). Neaves (formerly of St. Anthony's College) was named the BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Week for the week ending Oct. 15, following back-to-back scoring contest, including the game-winning overtime goal versus Syracuse (Oct. 15). The Petit Valley, Trinidad, native picked up two goals and four assists during the 2006 regular season. Five of his eight total points were recorded in BIG EAST play, including a career-high three-point outing versus the Orange (1g, 1a). His four assists on the year set a new career best for the second-year midfielder.

Kareem Smith              Kevon Neaves

Aboud named to First Team ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District
newhaven.edu
University of New Haven senior Maurice Aboud (formerly of St. Mary's College) has been named First Team ESPN the Magazine Academic All-District I, as selected by the Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA). He now advances to the national ballot with a chance to earn Academic All-America honors. Aboud, a native of Westmoorings, Trinidad, has a 3.91 cumulative grade point average in forensic science. He was a 2005 ESPN the Magazine Second Team Academic All-District I selection, and
in 2004 earned the Faculty Recognition award for outstanding academic achievement at UNH. A member of a defense that posted four shutouts and allowed just 1.29 goals per game this season, Aboud helped the UNH men's soccer team to their first-ever appearance in the East Coast Conference men's soccer tournament. The team advanced on penalty kicks in the semifinal round, before falling to nationally-ranked #1 Dowling College in the ECC Championship match. Academic All-District voting is a precursor to the ESPN the Magainze Academic All-America voting. Student-athletes named to the First Team in their respective districts advance to the national ballot. College Division District I encompasses NCAA Division II and III and NAIA schools the states or provinces of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, and Quebec. The Academic All-America Teams program honors 816 male and female student-athletes annually who have succeeded at the highest level on the playing field and in the classroom. Individuals are selected through voting by CoSIDA (College Sports Information Directors of America), a 2,000 member organization consisting of sports public relations professionals for colleges and universities in the United States and Canada. To be eligible, a student-athlete must be a varsity starter or key reserve, maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.20 on a scale of 4.00, have reached sophomore athletic and academic standings at his/her current institution and be nominated by his/her sports information director. Since the program’s inception in 1952, CoSIDA has bestowed Academic All-America honors on more than 14,000 student-athletes in Divisions I, II, III and NAIA covering all NCAA championship sports.

Devin Sheppard Named to ESPN The Magazine/Academic All-District Men’s Soccer Team
gocamels.com
Campbell University senior Devin Sheppard ((formerly of Bishop's High School)) has been named to the ESPN The Magazine / Academic All-District 3 Men’s Soccer University Division first team by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) for the second-straight year. A starter in the central defense from Roxborough, Tobago, Sheppard owns a 3.95 grade-point average as a pharmacy major.  On Wednesday, he was also named to the Atlantic Sun all-conference first team for the second-consecutive season. The only Camel to start all 17 regular season games this year, Sheppard has led Campbell to the best team goals-against average (1.13) in the Atlantic Sun Conference.  He has played in 71 career games with 64 starts.  Sheppard helped hold Campbell opponents to one, or fewer, goals in 12 contests this season.  He serves as the team captain for the Fighting Camels, who have amassed an 11-2-2 record in A-Sun regular season games over the past two years. Campbell carries a 9-6-2 overall record and the third seed into Thursday’s 4:00 p.m. kick-off vs. Mercer in the Atlantic Sun
Championship tournament first round at DeLand, Fla. In 2005, Sheppard was named third-team All-South Region by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America, A-Sun Co-Defensive Player of the Year, first-team all-conference, all-conference tournament, as well as to the Academic All-District 3 first team by CoSIDA. A President’s List student and academic scholarship recipient, Sheppard has played with the Trinidad and Tobago U-17 and U-23 teams.  He has won Campbell’s Eric Brodin Award for Academic Excellence in each of the last two years.  He is a three-time A-Sun All-Academic Team member. Last June, Sheppard was one of 352 student athletes nationwide selected from 1,319 nominations to attend the 10th annual NCAA Leadership Conference in Lake Bueno Vista, Fla. As a first-team member, Sheppard will be on the ballot for Academic All-America® recognition.  Campbell student-athletes have earned Academic All-America® honors from CoSIDA 13 times since 1988, most recently last spring when Michael Priest was selected in baseball.  CU athletes have gained Academic All-District 3 recognition in each of the last 13 years. Sheppard was one of two Atlantic Sun men’s soccer players to gain academic all-district honors.  Eaton Cyrus of Belmont was selected to the Academic All-District 4 first team. CoSIDA’s 1800 members in the United States and Canada nominate players for ESPN The Magazine / Academic All-America® recognition.  To be eligible, a student-athlete must have at least a 3.20 cumulative grade-point average and be a starter or key reserve on his or her team. CoSIDA members vote on the all-district teams, then a national panel selects the Academic All-America squads.  District 3 includes all NCAA Division I schools in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.  The national ESPN The Magazine / Academic All-America® team will be announced on Nov. 20.

St. Louis named to Mid-Con All-Conference Team
ourgrizzlies.com
Oakland University forward Stefan St. Louis (formerly of Fatima College) was named to the Mid-Continent Conference All-Conference second team, announced at the league’s annual banquet tonight. St. Louis was also recognized as a member of the All-Newcomer team. St. Louis led Oakland in scoring with four goals—three of which were game winners—and nine points. The freshman tied for ninth in the league in goals (four) and tied for fourth with three game-winning goals. In conference play, St. Louis tied for eighth with two goals, tied for 10th with 0.33 goals per game and tied for fifth with one game-winning goal.

Newton named Academic All-District
pacersports.com
USC Aiken men’s soccer player Keol Newton (formerly of Fatima College) has been named to the ESPN The Magazine CoSIDA Academic All-District III Second-Team. The 5’7” junior from Diego Martin, Trinidad, has maintained a 3.81 grade point average as a business administration major during his career at USC Aiken. Newton is the Pacers’ first Academic All-District selection since Plamen Peev was named All-District First-Team and All-American Second-Team in 2004. To qualify, a student-athlete must be of at least sophomore standing, have been enrolled at their current school for at least one year, have a minimum 3.2 grade point average, and be a starter or significant reserve on their team. District III is comprised of NCAA Division II and III schools in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. The 11-member First and Second Teams are selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) with the First-Team going on the national ballot for Academic All-America voting. The CoSIDA program is the only one that may use the copyrighted term “Academic All-American”. Newton started all 20 games for the Pacers as they set new school records for wins in a season with 12 and conference wins in a season with four. Playing as a midfielder, Newton helped the defensive unit to six shutouts. In the classroom, Newton has been named to the Dean’s List, the Athletic Director’s Honor Roll, and the Peach Belt Conference Honor Roll. Newton was the only player selected from a Peach Belt Conference school.

Fabien Lewis earns CAA honor
gomason.cstv.com
Senior defender Fabien Lewis (formerly of Naparima College) has earned Colonial Athletic Association second team honors. In Lewis' first year with the Patriot program, he was an instrumental part of Mason's defense that helped with a CAA leading 11 shutouts through 18 games. Lewis played in 17 games for the Patriots in 2006 and was in the starting line-up 15 times.

November 1, 2006

Telesford named to 2006 Big South Men's Soccer All-Conference First Team
libertyflames.com
Liberty Flames defender Osei Telesford was named to the 2006 Big South Men’s Soccer All-Conference first team, the league announced Wednesday evening. In addition to Telesford, Liberty forward Darryl Roberts was selected to the all-conference second team. Telesford (formerly of Trinity College) has now been named to the Big South All-Conference first team three times (2003, 2005 and 2006) and in 2004 received a second-team selection. The team captain has been an integral part of the Liberty defense that has recorded four shutouts and has a 1.67 goals-against-average this season. Roberts (R-Sr., Trincity, Trinidad) was named to his fourth all-conference team as the forward was named to the all-conference second team in both 2003 and 2004 and first team in 2002. Earlier this season, he became Liberty’s all-time career scoring leader with 93 points and is currently tied atop the school’s all-time goal list with 36 career goals. Limited by injury, Roberts has tallied four goals and assisted on two others in eight games in 2006.

Osei Telesford              Darryl Roberts

Sheppard Named to Atlantic Sun All-Conference Teams
Senior Devin Sheppard (formerly of Bishop's High School) was named to the all-conference first-team. The only Camel to start all 17 regular season games, Sheppard has led Campbell to the best team goals-against average (1.13) in the A-Sun this year.  The central defender from Roxborough, Tobago has played in 71 career games with 64 starts. He helped hold Campbell opponents to one, or fewer, goals in 12 contests.  In 2005, Sheppard was named third-team All-South Region by the National Soccer
Coaches Association of America, A-Sun Co-Defensive Player of the Year, first-team all-conference, all-conference tournament, as well as to the Academic All-District 3 first team by the College Sports Information Directors of America.

Lara named to A-Sun All-Freshman Team
Midfielder Kezi Lara (formerly of Naparima College) was named to the A-Sun All-Freshman Team. Lara played in 15 games and started 10. He was second on the team in goals with three and had one assist, giving him seven points, which was also second highest on the team. He made 16 shots and scored one game-winning goal in a 4-3 overtime win at Centenary Sept. 8.

Bostic named to All-WVIAC First Team
Makesi Bostic (formerly of Presentation College, San Fernando) of Davis & Elkins College was a repeat selectionsfrom last season's All-WVIAC first team. Makesi played in 17 games and started 16. He was second on the team in goals with four goals and four assists, giving him twelve points, which was also second highest on the team.

Pompey named to All-WVIAC First Team
Defender Lyndell Pompey (formerly of Naparima College) who plays for Wheeling Jesuit University was named to the West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference First Team. Lyndell played in 19 games and started in all of them.

Gregory Khan named to All-WVIAC Second Team
Forward Gregory Khan (formerly of Signal Hill Senior Comprehensive) who plays for Shepherd University was named to the West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Second Team. Khan played in 13 games and started 10. He was third on the team in goals with four goals and two assists, giving him ten points, which was also third highest on the team.
October 30, 2006

Elcock named to CAA First Team
Edson Elcock earned first team All-CAA honors. Elcock led the Colonial Athletic Association in scoring with 26 points on ten goals and six assists.

Farrier named to NE-10 First Team
Sophomore Ancil Farrier (formerly of Naparima College) was named to ths year's Northeast-10 Conference All-Conference first team for his outstanding defensive play. Farrier was also the second leading scorer for the Owls this season with five goals and four assists and helped anchor a Southern Connecticut defense that gave up only 11 goals all season.

Cupid earns third-team honors
Junior Kyle Cupid (formerly of Queen's Royal College) was named to the East Coast Conference Third Team. Cupid played in 15 games and started 15. He was third on the team in goals with two goals and one assists giving him five points.

Taylor-Phillips named Newcomer of the Year
After helping lead his team to their second ever WHAC regular season men’s soccer championship, Chike Taylor-Phillips was named Newcomer of the Year in the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference. Chike played in 18 games and started 14. He was second on the team in goals with four goals and two assists giving him ten points, which was also third highest on the team.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 05:08:47 AM by Flex »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: T&T U.S. college players round-up (Oct 30-Nov 5, 2006)
« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2006, 04:50:30 PM »
look like at olympic side to me
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 06, 2006, 06:15:18 PM »
I see james, smith, findley, and osi getting invited to the mls combine
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2006, 07:21:57 PM »
look like at olympic side to me

Does it look so to the TTFF is a next story.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 06, 2006, 11:01:22 PM »

Like you making the combine triniman?  ;D

Kingman

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 06, 2006, 11:08:59 PM »

Kingman

but they should yuh eh think kingman if they get drafted or not is a different story
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 12:03:12 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 06, 2006, 11:27:08 PM »

Kingman

but they should yuh eh think kingman if the get drafted of not is a different story

Or, for sure!!!! They are all quality players. Telesford is in a league above the rest. Smith solid like a rock. James not too bad, but maybe he will improve once in the MLS program. When I saw Telesford play against UVA and Winthrop this past season, I really liked what I saw.  He is a pillar of strength in the defense.

Kingman
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 11:31:43 PM by kingman »

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2006, 10:12:00 AM »

Like you making the combine triniman? ;D

Kingman
  :rotfl:

Good to see our players doing there thing man...It have some decent defenders in the mix...something I doh normally recognize...One player especially I think destined for something big but I int go call names because triniman go say I bias and this and that ;D :beermug:

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2006, 04:32:07 PM »
1 more thing about sheppard he made the national U17 and U23 football teams and also the national U17 cricket team
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Take the USA Scholarship, or Stay in the PFL
« Reply #206 on: August 21, 2007, 12:53:18 PM »
Many young players in TnT will be faced with this Delima.

Once you finish with School what to do.

As a young footballer should you try to get a scholarship and play some college ball or should you stick it out in the PFL and try to get a contract.

The list is endless of players who has done various combinations of these 2 avenues to make it in the football world.

But in Today's world
What do you think is the best option to "make it."

Just this week i read a story about how latapy turned down the Scholarship. he was able to finally get a contract in Portugal.

You have players like Sealy who play in college and get drafted into the MLS.

You have Players like Darin Lewis who star in college but could not break through to the Pros.

It have men like Carlos who play in PFL and get contract with Wrexham.

I know men who was on Scholarship who leave school and when back home to play in the PFL to try to get contract.

Stern John is a good example

What in your oppinion is the best option for a Youth in Trinidad who just finish SSFL and want to make it as a professional footballer!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Take the USA Scholarship, or Stay in the PFL
« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2007, 01:02:42 PM »
i dont know how much school rooney and   walcott go to bt the thing about sports most time we only hear d great stories the hard luck stories arent so popular.  if u go along with yuh schol.....u can do something in your life after football. one must also be aware that depending on how good u r or how lucky u r your life after football can start at a very young age.

i will advise any youngster to take d schol the leagues are very comeptitive up there so should be ah win win
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2007, 01:13:34 PM »
What in your oppinion is the best option for a Youth in Trinidad who just finish SSFL and want to make it as a professional footballer!
I would say dat if yuh seriously harboring hopes of becoming a professional footballer, and dat is yuh focus, den yuh should overs de scholarship. At de end of de day, is how bad yuh want it. If yuh eh sure and yuh want tuh hedge yuh bets, den play it safe and take de scholarship, otherwise, focus on yuh ball. Yuh could go tuh school at any time in yuh life whereas de window of opportunity for an athlete is very short. To besides, tertiary education in T&T is now freeco.

I doh have any hard evidence, but I tink most of our ballers who go on scholarships merely use football as a means to an end. Playing football professionally may enter their thoughts and it would be "nice" if it happen, but fuh de most part, dey eh relly on dat.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 21, 2007, 01:44:02 PM »
I would say dat if yuh seriously harboring hopes of becoming a professional footballer, and dat is yuh focus, den yuh should overs de scholarship. At de end of de day, is how bad yuh want it. If yuh eh sure and yuh want tuh hedge yuh bets, den play it safe and take de scholarship, otherwise, focus on yuh ball. Yuh could go tuh school at any time in yuh life whereas de window of opportunity for an athlete is very short. To besides, tertiary education in T&T is now freeco.

I doh have any hard evidence, but I tink most of our ballers who go on scholarships merely use football as a means to an end. Playing football professionally may enter their thoughts and it would be "nice" if it happen, but fuh de most part, dey eh relly on dat.

Ditto.

One man who goin to US College but REALLY wanted a professional football career but jes didn't work out was Brent Rahim.

If Brent Rahim did go to a pro club right out of St Anthony's, I believe he would be playin Pro ball somewhere right now.  By de time he did get to Europe, he was already jes a little past it in terms of years they would consider to develop a good young player.

The best example is Kenwyne Jones.  17 years old....athletic......trainable.  He was at de right age, right athleticism, right potential fuh a truly Pro club to pick him up.  If he did take a schol to go America, he mighta be in a Indoor League somewhere all now.

The difference between US College ball and a professional environement is light years at de moment.

Good option fuh man who like Tallman say figure it would be nice if it all work out....but de lure to de US and bein in foreign...is de better option and to walk out wit a piece a paper wit yuh name on it to boot.

Daz why yutes like Peltier, Hyland and Guerra have to go NOW.  Dem reach de maximum age arready.  Dem offers eh go be dey nex year.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>