March 29, 2024, 03:25:28 AM

Author Topic: Foreign-based College Players Thread  (Read 96066 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Javed Mohammed named BIG EAST Conference Defensive Player of the Week
« Reply #300 on: October 06, 2010, 04:41:55 AM »
Javed Mohammed named BIG EAST Conference Defensive Player of the Week
gousfbulls.com

University of South Florida men's soccer standouts Javed Mohammed and Hasani Sinclair earned weekly honors for their efforts in helping USF to a 2-0 record last week with wins over Rhode Island (2-0) and Syracuse (4-0).

Mohammed, who was named the BIG EAST Conference Defensive Player of the Week, was a big factor in USF's two shutout wins this week over the Rams and Orange. A native of LaRomaine, Trinidad, Mohammed was a staple on a defense that allowed only 10 shots, four on goal, in the two matches. He helped the team's offense as well; notching assists on both goals in a 2-0 win over Rhode Island.

Sinclair was named to the BIG EAST weekly honor roll and to the TopDrawerSoccer.com National Team of the Week. The Miami native recorded four points on two goals against Syracuse with the first goal of the game being his first of the year. He also had four shots including two on goal against the Orange.

With his two goals against Syracuse, Sinclair moved himself into second place on the team in scoring with seven points (2g-3a) and leads the team on the year in assists with three.

USF is currently 6-2-1 (1-1-0 BIG EAST) after nine matches and have won two straight, and six of its last seven.

The Bulls head out on their second and final three-game road stretch of the regular season beginning at Florida Atlantic on Oct. 6 (7 p.m.). USF will then travel to Villanova on Oct. 9 (7 p.m.) and DePaul on Oct. 13 (4 p.m.). The match with Villanova will be played at PPL Park - home of the Philadelphia Union of Major League Soccer - and will be broadcast live in the internet at TopDrawerSoccer.com.

The Bulls will then return home on Oct. 16 when they face West Virginia (7:30 p.m.).

what about leston paul ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: 2010 US College season thread
« Reply #301 on: October 06, 2010, 12:25:18 PM »
University of Central Florida
Men’s Soccer 3-0 in C-USA

After the biggest win in recent program history, the UCF men’s soccer team did not let overconfidence get the best of them, defeating Florida International, 2-0, Tuesday night at the UCF Soccer Complex. The Knights improve to 3-0 in league games for the first time since joining Conference USA in 2005 season. The seven overall wins surpass their 2009 total of six as the team lifts its overall mark to 7-2.
After 23 minutes of midfield play to start the second half, Luiz Yamashita (Sao Paulo, Brazil) scored his first goal as a member of the Knights in the 69th minute. Kevan George’s (Roxborough, Trinidad) long high pass that started just outside the top of his own penalty box landed 20 yards past midfield for the sprinting Yamashita.

Mid-Continent University
Men’s Soccer: MCU Scores Early, Often in 5-0 Win

MAYFIELD, KY - Mid-Continent University scored four goals in the first 8:13 of the match and improved its record to 6-5-1 with a 5-0 non-conference men’s soccer victory Thursday over Harris- Stowe State University (0-12-0) from St. Louis at the Cougar Soccer Complex. MCU recorded its third shutout victory of the season.
MCU freshman forward Keagan Bacchus (Pt. Fortin, Trinidad and Tobago) made the score 4-0 with his fifth goal of the season at 8:13 with senior forward Marcio das Neves (Porto Alegre, Brazil) earning his second assist of the season on the play.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 08:23:15 PM by E-man »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #302 on: October 09, 2010, 03:57:37 PM »
Makesi Lewis scored the match-winning goal to put Oakland back on track.
By: Scott Dunford.

ROCHESTER, Mich. – Senior forward Makesi Lewis scored the match-winning goal to lead the Oakland men’s soccer team (4-7) to a 1-0 victory over Loyola-Chicago (3-6-2) on Saturday at the OU Soccer Field. With the win, the Golden Grizzlies snap a two-match losing skid.

“This win was a big confidence boost for our team,” said head coach Eric Pogue. “I think we had a lot of great contributions from a number of different players. Overall, I think the team as a whole feels good because today was a total team effort.”

Lewis scored the only goal of the match in the 58th minute to finish off a nice combination play for the Golden Grizzlies. Sophomore Tom Catalano started the play with a pass to junior Josh Bennett, who one-touch-passed the ball to junior Winston Henderson. Henderson looked to shoot first, but opted instead to pass the ball to Lewis, who put the ball in the back of the net. Lewis’s second goal of the season, gives him a share of the team’s goal-scoring lead.

Loyola outshot Oakland 20-10 and looked like the stronger team in the first half. The Ramblers’ Josh Westberg had the first chance to score, but hit an open header directly into junior goalkeeper Mitch Hildebrandt. Westberg also missed a one-on-one chance in the first half, when he fired his shot wide.

Oakland missed a chance to double the lead in the 78th minute when freshman Miche’le Lipari shot wide of the far post. Shortly after the miss, Loyola had its best chance of the match, when Andy Weis got on the end of a long throw-in by James Howe. Weis’ header was goal-bound, but junior Vuk Popovic made a diving clearance to keep the ball from crossing the line. Popovic was an All-Summit League defender last season, but has been playing as a possession forward for OU prior to this match.

Loyola finished the match with an 8-4 edge in shots on goal. Hildebrandt was forced to make seven saves, as he recorded his fourth shutout of the season. Peter McKeown had three saves in the loss.   

The Golden Grizzlies have a week off before returning to play in a key conference match against UMKC next Saturday. The Golden Grizzlies host the Kangaroos at 1 p.m. at the OU Soccer Field. Fans that are unable to attend the match, can follow the live stats on OUGrizzlies.com.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 11, 2010, 09:48:19 AM »
DeFreitas Brings Speed, Confidence to Wolfpack
By Tyler Bolton-Fuhrman, NCSU Media Relations Student Assistant

http://www.gopack.com

Oct. 8, 2010

RALEIGH, N.C. - Now you see him, now you don't. The challenge of finding senior forward Akil DeFreitas on the soccer field is not an easy chore. His lightning quick footwork and electrifying speed frightens opponents as it takes mere seconds for No. 25 to break away from the defense.

"My speed is what will carry me from the collegiate game and hopefully onto the professional level," said DeFreitas.

DeFreitas, a native of Port of Spain in Trinidad, began playing soccer at just six years of age, and after participating in a soccer league there, he quickly realized his potential. He attended St. Anthony's College in Trinidad before coming to the U.S. to play soccer for the University of North Florida.

"Where I'm from, there weren't really any schools known for college soccer," said DeFreitas. "My coaches pushed me hard to pursue my potential and when I was offered a full ride to play at North Florida, I had to take it because I didn't have any other options."

After enjoying three solid years at North Florida, DeFreitas decided he wanted to bring his unique skills to a more elite level. The transition to the NC State soccer program was a fairly smooth one, with only a few bumps along the way.

"When I arrived in Raleigh my junior year I didn't produce the way I wanted to and it took me a while to adapt to the system," said DeFreitas. "The fitness activities were way more advanced. At North Florida, I could get by fairly easily, but when I came here it was more strenuous, and they demanded more from us because NC State is a better program and a better team." . DeFreitas had some adjusting to do off the soccer field as well.

"Another large difference between North Florida and NC State are the academics," he said. "NC State has larger class sizes, and the professors put more information on the board, and then you're left to figure a lot out on your own."

DeFreitas spoke of his true passion of playing for the Wolfpack.

"The friendships I've made and the different environments I've been exposed to, have been a fantastic experience for me," he said. "Just the fact that I can play among so many great players and coaches really means a lot to me. The team has become a family to me. I'm a million miles away from home, and they treat me as a true brother instead of just another teammate."

DeFreitas also spoke of a rather considerable culture shock as well after moving to Raleigh.

"The environment in Raleigh is much different compared to Florida," he said. "The people here are much nicer, open-minded, and embracing."

The lightning-quick forward is not shy about his self-confidence.

"By the end of the season, I want to score the most goals in the ACC," said DeFreitas. "But at the end of the day, I want the team to be successful. I'd love to return to the NCAA Tournament and play in front of the big-time crowds."

According to DeFreitas, being able to laugh at himself is also a key to success.

"People often make fun of my accent and how I pronounce certain words," he said. "One example is when I say "tree" for the number three. It's easy to just laugh it off because I know my teammates have my back."

Although soccer is his main passion, DeFreitas knows he can help others through his major in African studies.

"If professional soccer doesn't pan out, my plan is to educate younger people about the different aspects of African culture," said DeFreitas. "It's good for people to know their heritage and if they have a conscious awareness of African struggles, they would appreciate and understand the hardships that black people have gone through."

Coming from a country outside the United States, DeFreitas is no stranger to diversity, especially when it comes to the Wolfpack soccer program.

"The diversity on the team brings a whole new culture; it's like a melting pot," said DeFreitas. "Even though we're a team, it's also a learning background and geography class with all these players coming from different backgrounds. Overall, it's quite a learning experience."

If left with one image, DeFreitas sees himself most like Lionel Messi, the professional soccer player from Argentina who currently plays for FC Barcelona.

"I want to be seen as an intelligent person," said DeFreitas. "Messi is a very laid-back individual who is clean-cut and keeps a low profile and does not get into trouble. I try to stay away from it as well, as I don't drink alcohol. I consider myself to be a clean person, and I'm actually pretty shy."

In his senior year with the Wolfpack, DeFreitas displays an integral role to the team.

"Being a senior makes me a leader," said DeFreitas. "It's my job to get the freshmen acclimated to the system and encourage them as much as possible. Even though I'm not a captain on the team, I still have an impact.

"When the times get tough, I lead by example. I aim to boost the morale of the team and educate the young guys. I want to work as hard as possible, push myself to the extra limit, and do my best to score goals and get us as many wins as possible."
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 15, 2010, 08:15:39 AM »
Stephen Knox's BU v. UMBC is tonight's featured FOX college game.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #305 on: October 19, 2010, 11:46:49 AM »
Quinnipiac University
Men's Soccer Downs NJIT, 3-0

HAMDEN, Conn. - The Quinnipiac University men's soccer team defeated New Jersey Institute of Technology, 3-0, in its final non-conference tune-up on Sunday afternoon at Quinnipiac Soccer Field. Quinnipiac improves its overall record to 2-8-1 (1-3-0 NEC), while NJIT falls to 3-8-0 on the season.

Sophomore forward William Cavallo (Londonderry, N.H.) scored the Bobcats first goal of the game in the 25th minute of play. Cavallo received a pass from senior midfielder Dominic Adams (John Dial, Trinidad and Tobago) and beat NJIT freshman goalkeeper John Ricketti. The goal for Cavallo was his first of the season, as was the assist for Adams.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 19, 2010, 11:49:53 AM »
Ah find a lot of our US based college players having big impacts on their respective teams this year. Majority of them coming out of the U-17 WC

Hope at least a couple comes out of the system with professional ambitions.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 19, 2010, 12:14:53 PM »
Ah find a lot of our US based college players having big impacts on their respective teams this year.

Nah man, every year dey does have ah big impact. Plenty player of de Week accolades, All-Conference team selections etc. For de last couple of years, we've had several players invited to the MLS Combine.

Yohance Marshall
Julius James
Sherron Manswell
Randi Patterson
Edson Elcock
Robbie Findley (when he was still eligible fuh we)
Anthony Noreiga
Scott Sealy
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 19, 2010, 02:11:19 PM »
Sean DeSilva having a good season with 5 goals and 6 assists and leading his first place team... some quality goals he has scored

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 22, 2010, 05:56:04 AM »
Stephen Knox named America East Men's Soccer Player of the Week
goterriers.com

For the second time this season, Boston University has swept the America East men's soccer weekly awards, the league announced Monday afternoon. Junior Stephen Knox and freshman Kelvin Madzongwe led the Terriers to a pair of 2-0 wins last week and were named Player and Rookie of the Week, respectively.

Also placed on TopDrawer.com's Team of the Week, Knox set up three of the Terriers' four goals in 2-0 victories over Vermont and UMBC last week. The junior forward had assists on both Ben Berube's and Aaron O'Neal's scores in the win over the Catamounts. He then set up Ben Havey's score, which proved to be the game winner, in the victory over the Retrievers Friday. Knox, who also registered five shots on the week, is tied for second among league leaders with five assists on the season. He also was named Co-Player of the Week on Nov. 2, 2009.

Madzongwe continues to be a presence on the backline for the Terriers, who beat Vermont and UMBC by identical 2-0 scores last week and extended their win streak to six games. The freshman sweeper led a defense that allowed just eight combined shots on goal in the two games, with a stretch of 55 minutes in which UMBC did not record a shot. The Terriers have not allowed a field goal (Stony Brook scored on a penalty kick on Oct. 3) in their last 287:05 of play. Madzongwe, who was also named Rookie of the Week on Sept. 27, has started all 13 games in the back for BU, which has allowed just 12 goals this season.

Senior Ben Havey was also honored with a spot on CollegeSoccerNews.com's Team of the Week for scoring the game-winning goal against UMBC and for also recording an assist on the second score. He currently has four goals and four assists for a total of 12 points, third most on the squad.

BU, which also took home both awards on Sept. 27, currently sits in first place in the America East standings at 4-0-0 with 12 points. The Terriers will next play at New Hampshire on Saturday (Oct. 23) at 2 p.m.

Sean De Silva named CofC Men's Student-Athlete of the Week
cofcsports.com

Sophomore midfielder Sean de Silva (Port-of-Spain, Trinidad) and junior outside hitter/middle blocker Sarah Havel (Carmel, Ind.) were named College of Charleston Student-Athletes of the Week sponsored by Piggly Wiggly for the week of Oct. 18.

It marked the second time this season in which de Silva earned CofC weekly honors next to being selected on Sept. 21. He was instrumental in leading the No. 26-ranked men's soccer team to a 2-2 tie at UNC Greensboro on Oct. 13 and a 2-0 victory over Georgia Southern on Oct. 16. De Silva set up the Cougars' second goal in the UNCG draw, sending a high, in-swinging corner kick into the box and connecting with teammate Shawn Ferguson who headed the ball home. He also scored his fifth goal of the season by controlling the ball at the left edge of the box, cutting inside between two defenders and firing a shot underneath the diving keeper from Georgia Southern. De Silva is currently tied with Francis Twohig as the team's leader in goals scored. CofC sits in first place in the latest Southern Conference standings with a 9-2-2 overall record and is ranked No. 4 regionally.

Havel, defending Southern Conference Defensive Player of the Week, helped the CofC volleyball team to a perfect 2-0 home weekend with a 3-0 sweep of Samford on Oct. 16 and a 3-1 victory over Chattanooga on Oct. 17 at Carolina First Arena. She led the team with six blocks versus Samford and came back the next day and totaled eight rejections. Her four solo blocks moved her to within two of the No. 10 spot on the Cougars' all-time list. For the season, Havel has accumulated 91 blocks which is second best on the team and just one behind the leader. She leads in solo blocks (17). For her career, she has made 264 blocks which is 19 shy of the top-10 all-time list. CofC sits in first place in the latest SoCon standings with an 18-5 overall record and 7-1 mark in conference play.
Dion Peters shares WVIAC Men's Soccer Player of the Week Accolade
wviac.org

Dion Peters, Charleston, Jr., F, Trinidad City, Trinidad & Tobago/Clay Kubrick, Pitt Johnstown, Jr., F, Pittsburgh, PA: Peters struck for two goals during the final five minutes of a 3-1 victory against regional foe Lock Haven on Tuesday...Kubrick helped UPJ improve to 7-5 on the season with a goal and four assists during a pair of victories last week...The Pittsburgh native dished out a trio of assists as the Mountain Cats downed Alderson-Broaddus 5-0 on Saturday.

Other nominees: Shepherd's Bobby Doyle (goal in two Ram victories) and West Virginia Wesleyan's Daniel Smee (goal in 2-1 win over Bloomsburg).

2010 winners: 9/6: Victor Picchio (WJU), 9/13: Harry Machacha (UC), 9/20-Diego Michelato (WVWC), 9/27-Daniel Smee (WVWC), 10/4-Zeke Buchta (UPJ), 10/11-Ryan McDougall (WVWC), 10/18-Dion Peters (UC)/Clay Kubrick (UPJ).
Leonardo Reyes named Red River Athletic Conference Men's Soccer Offensive Player of the Week
redriverconference.com

Victor Colin of Huston-Tillotson University (Texas) and Leonardo Reyes of Louisiana State University-Shreveport earned a share of the Red River Athletic Conference Men's Soccer Offensive Player of the Week award for Oct. 11-17, while David Etale of Northwood University (Texas) earned Defensive Player of the Week recognition for the same dates.

Colin, a sophomore midfielder from Austin, Texas, set a school record with six goals in a single week as the Rams went 2-1. He found the net five times in a 7-0 victory over Southwestern Assemblies of God University (Texas) and chipped in another in a 3-0 win over 25th-ranked Bellevue University (Miss.). HT is tied for second in the conference at 4-1 with an overall record of 6-6.

Reyes, a junior forward from Arima, Trinidad & Tobago, powered the Pilots to a pair of victories with four goals on the week. He scored twice in a 5-0 win over University of the Southwest (N.M.) and delivered two more goals in a 4-3 victory over Texas Wesleyan University. LSUS pulled even with HT at 4-1 with a mark of 6-4 on the season.

Etale, a senior goalkeeper from Nairobi, Kenya, played all 90 minutes in both of the Knights' wins this week while surrendering just one goal. He made 11 saves to secure a 2-1 win over TWU before adding three more in a 4-0 shutout of USW. Northwood is now 3-2 in the RRAC and 6-7 overall.

Ricardo Aguilera of TWU, Gabriel Elizondo of NU, Guillermo Lozano of Texas College and Juan Nava of the University of Texas-Brownsville were additional offensive nominees. Oumar Dijba of HT, Jose Galvan of UTB, Lance Quini of LSUS and Esteban Rocha of Our Lady of the Lake University (Texas) were nominated for this week's defensive award.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:02:31 AM by Tallman »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #310 on: November 10, 2010, 08:22:47 PM »
Expect to see Canadian born players Tyrone Downes, Gregory Ranjitsingh and Kristian Lee-Him trial with our youth team soon. Same for Stefan Berkeley (UCONN)....
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 11, 2010, 09:58:04 AM »
Expect to see Canadian born players Tyrone Downes, Gregory Ranjitsingh and Kristian Lee-Him trial with our youth team soon. Same for Stefan Berkeley (UCONN)....

Who is these men Flex ? are they good ?

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 11, 2010, 10:49:28 AM »
De Silva made All conference team.

SPARTANBURG, S.C. - The Southern Conference announced the 2010 all-conference teams and the Cougars amassed numerous honors after winning a share of the regular-season title for the first time in program history, the league announced Wednesday.

The league named two eleven-member all-conference teams in addition to an eleven-man all-freshman team as voted on by the league's coaches.

Sophomore midfielder Sean de Silva (Port of Spain, Trinidad) as well as senior defender Sean Flatley (Virginia Beach, Va.) were named to the first team; goalkeeper Kees Heemskerk (Zaandam, Holland) was named to the second team and all-freshman team; and freshman forward Andy Craven (St. Simon's Island, Ga.) was named the Freshman of the Year.

De Silva started in all 17 matches for the Cougars this season and led the team in points with seven goals and eight assists, both of which were also team highs. De Silva scored four game-winning goals this season too, lifting the Cougars to victory against Bucknell, Lehigh, Georgia Southern and Winthrop. His numbers rank first, second and third in the SoCon in assists, points and goals, respectively.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 11, 2010, 10:58:57 AM »
2010 SoCon Men's Soccer All-Conference Team
Player of the Year – Chris Thomas, So., F, Elon

Coach of the Year – Justin Maullin, UNCG
Freshman of the Year – Andy Craven, F, College of Charleston

First Team
F       Sean Dreybus, Appalachian State
F       Chris Thomas, Elon
F       Fabien Vorbe, Furman
F       Hakan Ilhan, UNCG
MF    Sean de Silva, College of Charleston
MF    Alex Caskey, Davidson
MF    Brad Franks, Elon
D       Sean Flatley, College of Charleston
D       Austen King, Elon
D       Kris Byrd, UNCG
GK    Clint Irwin, Elon

Second Team
F       Jon Cox, Georgia Southern
F       Brian Graham, UNCG
F       Wilson Hood, Wofford
MF    Steven Sassano, Appalachian State
MF    Dane Roberts, Furman
MF    Fannar Arnarsson, UNCG
D       Lee Williams, Appalachian State
D       Greg Macnamara, Davidson
D       Aaron Reifschneider, UNCG
GK    Kees Heemskerk, College of Charleston
GK    Alec Kann, Furman

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Post-season honors
« Reply #314 on: November 19, 2010, 08:03:28 AM »
Robert Als (Forward, Junior - Cumberland University, All-TranSouth Second Team)

Keagan Bacchus (Forward, Freshman - Mid-Continent University, All-TranSouth Second Team)

Uriah Bentick (Defender, Freshman - Liberty University, Big South All-Conference First Team)

Robert Boyd (Midfielder, Junior - Cumberland University, All-TranSouth First Team)

Sean De Silva (Sophomore, Midfielder, College of Charleston, All-Southern Conference First Team)

Akinlabi George (Defender, Senior - State University of New York Institute of Technology, NEAC All-Conference First Team)

Keston George (Midfielder, Junior - Manhattanville College, Freedom All-Conference First Team   )

Jonathan Glenn (Forward, Senior - Saint Leo University, All-Sunshine State Conference Men's Soccer Second Team and All-South Region Second Team)

Thorne Holder (Goalkeeper, Senior - Adelphi University, All-ASC First Team)

Gubby John-Williams (Goalkeeper, Senior - Cumberland University, TranSouth Scholar-Athlete)

Stephen Knox (Midfielder, Junior - Boston University, America East All-Conference First Team)

Javed Mohammed (Defender, Senior - University of South Florida, All-BIG EAST Conference Second Team)

Leston Paul (Midfielder, Freshman - University of South Florida, All-BIG EAST Conference Third Team and All-BIG EAST Conference Rookie Team)

Dion Peters (Forward, Sophomore - University of Charleston, WVIAC All-Conference First Team)

Renato Ramlochan (Forward, Senior - Newman University, All-South Central Region Second Team)

Dane Roberts (Midfielder, Junior - Furman University, All-Southern Conference Second Team)

Leonardo Reyes (Midfielder, Junior - Louisiana State University in Shreveport, RRAC Men's Soccer All-Conference Second Team)

Shastri Spencer (Forward, Senior - East Stroudsburg University, All-PSAC First Team)

Chike Sullivan (Midfielder, Junior - Colorado School of Mines, All-RMAC First Team and All-Central Region First Team)

Che Walcott (Defender, Freshman - Louisiana State University in Shreveport, RRAC Men's Soccer All-Conference Second Team)

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 19, 2010, 10:56:56 AM »
Thanks much for the info Tallman. Keep up the good work! :beermug: :beermug:
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 21, 2010, 11:59:39 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WkTs3HxAWMU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WkTs3HxAWMU</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/a7gFOxHfK7I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/a7gFOxHfK7I</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chike Sullivan earns NSCAA First Team All-American honors
« Reply #317 on: December 13, 2010, 01:37:20 PM »
Chike Sullivan earns NSCAA First Team All-American honors
csmorediggers.com

The Colorado School of Mines men's soccer team was one of just two teams that had three players named to National Soccer Coaches Association of America All-American teams as announced by the NSCAA.

Tesho Akindele and Chike Sullivan, who were both named Daktronics First Team All-American, garnered First Team honors from the NSCAA. They are the first two men's soccer players at CSM to earn First Team honors in the history of the program. The two players combined to score 30 goals helping the Orediggers lead all of Division II men's soccer in scoring offense at 3.24 goals per game. Manville Strand is the first goalkeeper at Mines, men's or women's; to garnered All-American honors being named to the Third Team.

Akindele, a freshman forward from Thornton, Colo. (Northglenn H.S.), was the 2010 RMAC Freshman of the Year. A unanimous First Team All-RMAC selection, Akindele led the RMAC in goals (19), points (45) and game-winning goals (tied – 5) in his first season at Mines. A First Team Daktronics and NSCAA All-Central Region selection, Akindele recorded three consecutive hat tricks this season becoming the first men's soccer player to accomplish that feat in the RMAC. His 19 goals established a new single-season program record. Akindele finished the 2010 season ranked third in total goals, fourth in total points, ninth in points per game and 10th in goals per game among Division II players.

Sullivan, a junior midfielder from San Juan, Trinidad & Tobago (St. George's College), earned Daktronics and NSCAA First Team All-Central Region honors this season. Sullivan was a unanimous First Team All-RMAC selection in 2010 as he led the RMAC in assists (11), ranked fourth in points (33) and fifth in goals (11). Among Division II players, Sullivan currently ranks sixth in total assists and 13th in assists per game.

Strand, a sophomore goalkeeper from Las Vegas, Nev., (Spring Valley H.S.), garnered Second Team All-RMAC honors for the second consecutive season. A Daktronics and NSCAA First Team All-Region pick, Strand led the conference in goals against average (0.64), save percentage (.819) and ranked second in shutouts ( 8 ) during the 2010 season. Strand finished the 2010 season ranked seventh among DII goalkeepers in goals against average.

The ninth-ranked Orediggers finished the 2010 season with an overall record of 17-2-2. Mines made its second consecutive appearance in the NCAA Tournament, third in program history, and won its first-ever NCAA Tournament game against Regis University (5-1). CSM also claimed both the RMAC regular-season and tournament titles.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 13, 2010, 03:18:13 PM »
I'm happy for Akron. The manner in which they lost the Final last year must have haunted them all year long. Yesterday's game came within inches of going into an additional period of play. One gets the sense had that occurred, Louisville would have made life very difficult for Akron more so than Virginia did last year.

Akron's program features several players with junior national team experience and/or IMG experience. It looks to be a good destination for any of our local ballers looking for a destination. The Jamaican baller Mattocks looks promising ... still has to work out his composure.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T U.S. College Players Thread
« Reply #319 on: July 25, 2012, 07:26:22 PM »
2012 US College season

Cumberland inks T&T's Morris
gocumberlandathletics.com

Cumberland men’s soccer coach Jeff Loucks announced the signing of Trinidad and Tobago native Tevonne Morris to scholarship papers for the 2012-13 academic year. Morris becomes the 14th signee for the program for this coming season.

Morris lettered in soccer, futsal, cricket and track and field at St. Augustine Secondary School and Presentation College in Chaguanas, Trinidad and Tobago. He was named the soccer and futsal team’s MVP, scored the most goals in the Central Zone in soccer and tallied 11 goals with four assists in eight games for his U16 club.

He is the son of Clarence Morris and Karen Bonaparte. His cousin, Crystal Morris, played and coached at Hartford University.

Morris joins Rodrick Zacharias, Bruno Brito Cunha, Weber Mendes, Jr., Elliot German, Sebastian Cortes, Salvatore Vasile, Brandon Rowe, Nick Prall, Cooke Tomlin, Tyler Hampton, Cameron Shelby, Cody Netherton, Austin Woodfin and Josh Arman in this year’s signing class.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 05:05:47 AM by Flex »

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
2012 US College season thread
« Reply #320 on: July 30, 2012, 06:08:13 PM »
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:40:32 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Villanova adds Kye West to roster
« Reply #321 on: August 08, 2012, 06:32:27 PM »
Villanova adds Kye West to roster
villanova.com

The Villanova Wildcats have added a freshman midfielder to the roster for the 2012 season, it was announced today. Trinidad & Tobago native Kye West is the newest member of the Wildcats men's soccer team.

"Kye is a U20 national team player for Trinidad & Tobago," notes Villanova head coach Tom Carlin. "He is fast, athletic, and can get after you 1v1. We view Kye as an attacking presence who can play up top but probably will play out wide for us to start.

"We're very excited about Kye joining us and look for him to bolster our midfield."

West played for Fatima College in high school and played club soccer for St. Ann's Rangers.

In 2012 West secured a position on the national under 20 squad and is playing in the Concacaf under 20 Championship qualifier in St. Vincent. This is the qualifier for the FIFA under 20 World Cup Championship, to be held in Turkey in 2013.

West will join the Wildcats for preseason workouts beginning this week. Villanova will open the 2012 season on Aug. 24 at Manhattan.

truetrini

Re: Villanova adds Kye West to roster
« Reply #322 on: August 08, 2012, 07:11:45 PM »
 :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 08, 2012, 07:15:03 PM »
How you pronouce his name "Kee" or "Kai"?

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 08, 2012, 07:34:38 PM »
Welcome to Nova nation! I was raised 20 min from the Nova campus and was being scouted at 13 to play basketball there...didn't grow though and yea....no Spud Webb for me  :banginghead:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 08, 2012, 10:52:05 PM »
Used to be a place I wanted to run because of Sydney Maree.  Congrats ... fine sporting tradition.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 08, 2012, 11:28:38 PM »
'Nova sucks... Hoyas rule.  Since he couldn't make GU, 'nova is not a bad landing spot  :laugh:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 09, 2012, 07:19:59 AM »
Bakes, boy, you showing your true Hoyas buldog colours. Does it to do with Nova upset victory in that final 4. DC never got over that.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 09, 2012, 07:44:51 AM »
'Nova sucks... Hoyas rule.  Since he couldn't make GU, 'nova is not a bad landing spot  :laugh:

So you're a GU fan and I'm a Nova fan, you're a Liverpool fan and I'm a Tottenham fan, judging by how I'm a Steelers fan, I'll just assume you're a Ravens fan.  I think we were meant to just hate each other.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 09, 2012, 11:08:21 AM »
Bakes, boy, you showing your true Hoyas buldog colours. Does it to do with Nova upset victory in that final 4. DC never got over that.

Only a little bit... more the overall Big East rivalry.

JR you have to matter first for me to 'hate' you bro  ;D

NY Giants all the way!

1]; } ?>