April 20, 2024, 03:41:30 AM

Author Topic: Borges scores twice to give Costa Rica 3-2 victory over T&T.  (Read 10537 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WCQ - Isn't it about results?
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2009, 09:32:23 PM »
1. Costa Rica never needed to chase the game until they went one down....as much as they wanted the win...one point would have been fine for them...so IMHO them being "out of the game" for periods could be them settling to play on the counter attack.

2. So did Costa Rica

3. One could challenge this seeing that the end result was us conceding 3 at home.

4. I could give you that...although some people seem to think that Spann didn't have such an outstanding game...

Agreed individual mistakes cost us the game...but if individual brilliance brought a victory...would you not be bigging up Latas?? So why not let him take some accountability for the mistakes as well??

Please explain how tactically we should have won this game?
1. We played better than this team. We kept them out of the game for long periods. Costa Rica's goals were mostly against the run of play.

2. We created numerous scoring opportunities.

3. Our defensive line up was much better and it actually suited the team we played against. Avery sound left foot and Carlos speed.

4. Span's move back into the middle was a master move. he was brilliant....or close to it He gave more going forward tonight then Birchall would have given.

Individual mistakes cost us. Not the coach's tactics.

Where all of u all were 4 d past yr when we had d goat herders of all goat herders at d helm. If d coach had a good strategy and d players did not execute d strategy what u want him 2 do. D last fella had no plan no brand and because of he Durham in England is where dey might reach
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2009, 09:43:31 PM »
1. Costa Rica never needed to chase the game until they went one down....as much as they wanted the win...one point would have been fine for them...so IMHO them being "out of the game" for periods could be them settling to play on the counter attack.

2. So did Costa Rica

3. One could challenge this seeing that the end result was us conceding 3 at home.

4. I could give you that...although some people seem to think that Spann didn't have such an outstanding game...

Agreed individual mistakes cost us the game...but if individual brilliance brought a victory...would you not be bigging up Latas?? So why not let him take some accountability for the mistakes as well??

1. We played better than this team. We kept them out of the game for long periods. Costa Rica's goals were mostly against the run of play.

2. We created numerous scoring opportunities.

3. Our defensive line up was much better and it actually suited the team we played against. Avery sound left foot and Carlos speed.

4. Span's move back into the middle was a master move. he was brilliant....or close to it He gave more going forward tonight then Birchall would have given.

Individual mistakes cost us. Not the coach's tactics.
1. Ok I give you that one

2. We created chances which means that our midfield was effective. I think that Trent Noel was good also and I think that we for the most part bossed the midfield. Costa Ricas' chances we not so much down to good midfield build up play.

3. What I am saying is that he changed things up and apart from the mistakes it worked well. For the most part Avery was solid - something that we have been missing....and Carlos' speed worked all but once.

4. It probably would not be classed as outstanding to most people but it was effective.....much more than we could say about some of his previous performances.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2009, 09:46:44 PM »
Latas is restoring the type of football T&T are capable of playing. When last we saw T&T play with this kinda chemistry? Ah know is only one game and we didn't win but obviously, keep Latas and support him we will be good to go . . . if not this rounds, next rounds.

i must admit the brand of football was better but the defence fail
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2009, 09:46:48 PM »
I understand what you saying about individual mistakes costing us - but that sounding like a cop out, because we could blame the goals from the US 3-0 hammering on individual mistakes too .. as well as the 2 goals in the last 10 mins and missed penalty in ES at the beginning of the Hex on individual mistakes too.

ent tactics include squad selection and personnel management, such as substitutions as well as redploying players, having them switch sides, play deeper, push forward etc? We didn't see any adjustment to stem the goals the defence was giving up - so IMO I can't see how we should have won the game easily. Had the right substitutions been made earlier, or the formation changed to lend more support in defence, we could have conceeded less.

If anything, CR sat back, soaked up the pressure and then hit us on the counter. The 3 soft goals we conceeded is a testimony to that. Watch the construction of the 2nd goal for CR. The man who came on immediately before the setplay was taken, caused all the problems that led to that goal. They seemed to get the tactics right!

Yuh 100% right.  Notice how Costa Rica changed the tempo of the game whenever they wanted to.  After we scored the first goal Costa Rica picked up the pace of the game.  They did the same thing early in the first half.  

I kept saying that we needed to jump on Costa Rica very early before they changed gears.  Even though we scored first we were playing too slow.  On defence we were standing around and leaving them unmarked.

truetrini

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2009, 09:48:23 PM »
one game and de man already needs to be fired, we give up Gold Cup and all kinda ting with de dentista ah boy....

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2009, 09:53:57 PM »
one game and de man already needs to be fired, we give up Gold Cup and all kinda ting with de dentista ah boy....

I doubt anybody calling for Latapy to be fired.

I believe people being critical would rather those aplogising on behalf of Latapy to be a little more objective, and hold him to the same standards as those other coaches in past.

I believe everyone is in favour of giving Latapy a fair chance, and even a little more than that because he is owed that, if only by his loyalty to T&T Football - but at the end of the day results are what he will be judged by, and matters not if the brand change from Mats to Latas - a loss is a loss - even if it's pretty or abysmal, so there is nothing wrong with the forensics that go into disecting that loss.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors going down de same road as de Reggae Boyz?
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2009, 09:54:43 PM »
For years we have all been proud of the tremendous talent we have in Trinidad and Tobago when it comes to sport, and in particular football.  It was only a matter of time before we would make it on to the world stage; and 2006 was finally our time in the sun.

But is it inevitable that we are going to end up being ONE AND DONE World Cup participants like our Caribbean neighbors, Jamaica?  It seems that they have been rebuilding their team since their last appearance in the big dance and haven't gotten it right to date. 

Are we going to suffer the same fate?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2009, 09:57:19 PM »
Tactically....i woulda have at least somebody who woulda be willing to work in the midfield...cuz i eh expecting yorke or spann to do much. Especially with Dog and lawrence in de back. I woulda expect men at dis level  to understand de importance of marking and not be caught ball watching and of pressure and support rather than get drawn out of position. We coulda win dis game...no question bout it. 7 points from 4 games wouldnt have been so bad...if de honduras performance was better..it mighta be 10 with 3 home games to play. De brand was good....buh.....we needed a result. And losing points..especially like that....eh good enough. I eh calling for latas head...all i asking is for men to be objective and real. Unfortunately when de wrong person do de right ting...it does be wrong.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline swood

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2009, 09:58:05 PM »
Trinity...I think you are misinterpreting where this is going. In absolutely NO WAY am I advocating to remove Latas...that would be ludicrous...it's only one game.

What I am questioning though is that no one is holding him as the COACH, accountable in anyway for the defeat. It's almost as if we seem to forget his role as the gaffer comes with the expectation of results.

Accountability in defeat is par for the course in a Coach's line of work....again IMHO

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors going down de same road as de Reggae Boyz?
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2009, 10:13:14 PM »
For years we have all been proud of the tremendous talent we have in Trinidad and Tobago when it comes to sport, and in particular football.  It was only a matter of time before we would make it on to the world stage; and 2006 was finally our time in the sun.

But is it inevitable that we are going to end up being ONE AND DONE World Cup participants like our Caribbean neighbors, Jamaica?  It seems that they have been rebuilding their team since their last appearance in the big dance and haven't gotten it right to date. 

Are we going to suffer the same fate?

Simply answer, NO!!

This campaign is not over yet and our U-20's already qualify for the U-20 World Cup!
They will be our next senior squad and they will have a decent chance at qualifying for WC 2014!

We can emulate JA but only in the things worth emulating like their athletics and the way they promote and market their music!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 12:54:55 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2009, 10:18:12 PM »
wim had stated he did not want us to go the same way as jamaican well i guess warner and them had other ideas
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2009, 10:25:51 PM »
no. is Jack Warner fault  >:(

Offline shatta

• JAMAICA TO DI WORLD!. WHERE BROOKLYN AT!
  • Jr. Warrior
  • GANSTA FI LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2009, 10:51:02 PM »
people please keep jamaica name out your mouth, i can a sure you our new team can sink T&T, the teams i see T&T drawing at home such as handuras, these are teams we beat at home and walk over elsalvador.you can  ask any team how dificult it is to play us at home, we hardly loos a match at the office. if you compare the last group before the hex T&T even strugle in A WEAK GROUP.we mist out by goal differnce. and if you compare the amount of big teams we get to play friendly with, T&T does not get that.we almost beat a strong nigerian team, the same one that beat france. not because we do not go to a world cup that does not mean we going down. we are building a new team, more footballers are getting contracts than before and we are still in tournaments such as goal cup and still dominate caribbean cup. the world cup can only hold 32 teams and some times you win some and loose some. and not because you go to under20 world cup means you go to the next senior one. we have been there before. and alot of country, even canada have been to under20 alot, but when last they go to the senior?.   how the hell music and track also have to do with this.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 10:53:00 PM by shatta »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2009, 10:56:56 PM »
Nope! Both nations going in different directions.

Jamaica with a much better pedigree of players will reach a 2nd World Cup before T&T. Even as the table stands Mexico will not lose 2 straight games. T&T will.

jjbrown

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2009, 11:06:05 PM »
why allyuh eh haul allyuh dutty stinkin jamaican M***** C***

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2009, 11:08:38 PM »

Offline shatta

• Jr. Warrior
  • GANSTA FI LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2009, 11:16:14 PM »
why allyuh eh haul allyuh dutty stinkin jamaican M***** C***

Pus*y hole yu think a we make costa reca wail unnu rass wid a makka stick today :rotfl:. mi di a try keep it cool, but i hope mexico give unnu 10 under unnu rass :rotfl:. if you ready let start it blaze di bombo*laaaaaat fire :devil:

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2009, 11:22:11 PM »
yuh eh hear me de first time HYSDMC.......

Offline shatta

• Jr. Warrior
  • GANSTA FI LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2009, 11:28:20 PM »
my youth mi no know what you talking about, but go su*k yu  mA*da!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2009, 11:43:20 PM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2009, 01:03:33 AM »
my youth mi no know what you talking about, but go su*k yu  mA*da!
yute listen up...if yuh mudda wasn't so 4kin ugly...you'd ah be callin me daddy.........ketch yuhself

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2009, 01:12:06 AM »
Nope! Both nations going in different directions.

Jamaica with a much better pedigree of players will reach a 2nd World Cup before T&T. Even as the table stands Mexico will not lose 2 straight games. T&T will.

We will see! Unless you does eat crystal balls, is just hope yuh hoping!

I think we can both go to a second World Cup but most likely not at the same time!

Also believe it or not T&T is still in with a chance of making it to SA2010 next year!

After Wednesday we can decide how realistic that chance is as right now Mexico is quite beatable and who knows if the Azteca is going to prove too much for all visiting teams with the altitude but that is the home advantage they definitely banking on!!

T&T can still make it so doh count all yuh chickens just yet!  :mackdaddy:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 01:14:36 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2009, 04:13:05 AM »
MEP why yuh so although shatta brains may be shatta,he may be yuh looooong lost cousin.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2009, 06:00:56 AM »
NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!! ::)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Borges scores twice to give Costa Rica 3-2 victory over T&T.
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2009, 06:04:47 AM »
Baj you must have checking out a different game,the first 2 goals is not Ince fault,rest that lot with his 2 central defenders,I did not see the third,the man stop 2 bonafide goals in the first half

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2009, 06:20:29 AM »
The Soca Warriors will defiantly not going down the same road,we will make it there again before Jamaica
If only Jack keep his hands out of it
We have some ground to make up because of the stupidity of the SA but I see progress being made under our new coach and trust me,when all is said and done even our most hated rivals will admit that they are not in the same league

If we make it to South Africa that will be a major achievement,however I think the bigger picture is 2014,with Latas as coach of course

No need for name calling,no need for childish antics,make a your case and act like man and not boy

Rastafari

If you give respect...you will earn respect

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2009, 06:53:23 AM »
I understand what you saying about individual mistakes costing us - but that sounding like a cop out, because we could blame the goals from the US 3-0 hammering on individual mistakes too .. as well as the 2 goals in the last 10 mins and missed penalty in ES at the beginning of the Hex on individual mistakes too.

ent tactics include squad selection and personnel management, such as substitutions as well as redploying players, having them switch sides, play deeper, push forward etc? We didn't see any adjustment to stem the goals the defence was giving up - so IMO I can't see how we should have won the game easily. Had the right substitutions been made earlier, or the formation changed to lend more support in defence, we could have conceeded less.

If anything, CR sat back, soaked up the pressure and then hit us on the counter. The 3 soft goals we conceeded is a testimony to that. Watch the construction of the 2nd goal for CR. The man who came on immediately before the setplay was taken, caused all the problems that led to that goal. They seemed to get the tactics right!

Yuh 100% right.  Notice how Costa Rica changed the tempo of the game whenever they wanted to.  After we scored the first goal Costa Rica picked up the pace of the game.  They did the same thing early in the first half.  

I kept saying that we needed to jump on Costa Rica very early before they changed gears.  Even though we scored first we were playing too slow.  On defence we were standing around and leaving them unmarked.

Someone need to slap the lackadaisical habits out ah we players. That has been a problem for years! I notice that we were also not knocking the ball around to open up spaces. Oh well, more power to Latas.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Borges scores twice to give Costa Rica 3-2 victory over T&T.
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2009, 07:23:02 AM »
All I have to say is if this ass hole of a coach we have had play a friendly or two he would have gotten a few answers instead of going into a game clueless.

Yorke legs cant hold up for 90 mins even though he is the best passer of the ball going forward.

Ince is a problem child, easy goals scoring on him and all he do is whine.

Scotland played decent he just couldn't score. He took over Stern John position, got nuff opportunities and miss them all. International football just wasn't cut out for some people.

Lawrence is a liability. I am surprise, because I like him and I know he can do better.

Jones played better than he normally do.

Glad Keon Daniel didn't play, he needs a reality check.

The rest of the team played well.

I was really pleased with Noel, Glen, Tinto, Edwards and Spann.

Avery was our best defender.

Why didn't Latapy sub Scotland at half time for Glen.

Why did he sub Tinto when Tinto was drawing 2 defenders on him and getting foul alot.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 07:31:46 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2009, 07:25:47 AM »
I find it hard to believe that it dont have anyone in T&T who could replace DOG and Tallest. Those two were our weakest links in the back yesterday. How the hell u will header the ball down the center of your own 18 yard?

Carlos at right back worked good on some plays, however the first goal we collected came from him losing the ball and stand up at the side of the 18 yard box,
not to mention that one that scored when the ball came across the goal, both he and Dog was bal watching and the CR player scored between two of them. Better marking could've stopped that.
Also let me mention the number of poor crosses that carlos made. Tinto played well enough, but i think it was nerves that let him down on the crosses.

I heard the commentator say that KJ started of as a defender, maybe he should consider going back. Scotty needs to score once  for T&T and i think more goals will be easier to come by from him.

When i heard spann call on the roster at right back, i was stupified, however i was gald when i saw him inthe midfield and he added good value, also need to let him take more free kicks- i dunno why Dwight still pushing to take them.

I dunno what latas will/can do to improve that defense before Wednesday nah.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2009, 07:31:50 AM »
Latas is restoring the type of football T&T are capable of playing. When last we saw T&T play with this kinda chemistry? Ah know is only one game and we didn't win but obviously, keep Latas and support him we will be good to go . . . if not this rounds, next rounds.

Result aside and in spite of obvious flaws, dis game is de best I have seen T&T play in many, many years!!!! Very encouraging.

1]; } ?>