April 19, 2024, 10:13:44 PM

Author Topic: What's next for Soca Warriors?  (Read 5984 times)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
What's next for Soca Warriors?
« on: June 06, 2009, 06:43:27 PM »
So the board & football community was crying out for democracy and common sense to reign.

1. Maturana was a dunce.
Answer: we get rid of Mats and put in The Peoples' Champ - Latapy, but the result was the same - a loss.

2. Defence too inexperienced.
Answer: Bring back Dog, Tallest and Avery to man the backline. Yet we give up 3 soft goals - all big defensive blunders, and collect the same 3 we get against USA under Maturana.

3. Drop Stern John
Answer: Start Jason Scotland who complain on Faceboo, complain about being brought away from his club and didn't get to sweat, choose club over country - and yet, still get a start and couldn't finish clear cut goal chances.

4. Lacking crowd support
Answer: Move the game to Tobago, who pack the DY stadium and make more noise that the HC will ever dream of.

So where do we go from here??
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
Re: What's next for Soca Warriors?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 06:50:07 PM »
It must have some better men in de pro league to take Lawrence and dogg spot.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 06:51:53 PM »
Just settle weself and work on improving the team from game to game and stop obsessing over this 4 year itch wwhere we does scramble to build a team DURING the Hex.

We have a new coach who should get some time and will have no problem chilling in TnT and working on development during the "dead year" that will be 2010.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 06:52:50 PM »
what next acb is to scout for replacements
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 06:58:27 PM »
so throw in the towel? ... or strive on re-creating the miracle of Beenie in 2005 that got us to the WC from a position of doom, similar to what we in at the moment?

some of the fellas we depend on to pull their weight in this game couldn't physically cope. The answer is to look for youthful replacements ... but the youthful replacements in the current National pool have failed to step up to the challenge when we put them in - so do we persist with them ... or just bleed the U-20s with a core group eg. Birchall, Glenn, Hyland, etc. ??
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Willy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 07:09:31 PM »
So the board & football community was crying out for democracy and common sense to reign.

1. Maturana was a dunce.
Answer: we get rid of Mats and put in The Peoples' Champ - Latapy, but the result was the same - a loss.

Answer: Bring back Dog, Tallest and Avery to man the backline. Yet we give up 3 soft goals - all big defensive blunders, and collect the same 3 we get against USA under Maturana.

3. Drop Stern John
Answer: Start Jason Scotland who complain on Faceboo, complain about being brought away from his club and didn't get to sweat, choose club over country - and yet, still get a start and couldn't finish ereclear cut goal chances.

4. Lacking crowd support
Answer: Move the game to Tobago, who pack the DY stadium and make more noise that the HC will ever dream of.

Not sure I agree with all those sentiments but same thing with Birchie, take him off at 2-0 up against El Salvador when he is playing well and we leak two goals, then do the same against USA at only 0-1 when he is again playing well and we leak another two. Now leave him out altogether againt CR and leak another three.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 07:12:13 PM »
True talk. We need to bleed the younger core group of players now...the older men get show up today. Even ince look like he could sit down on de bench.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 07:13:55 PM »
De level they playing at now ain't too far removed from PFL.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 07:14:49 PM »

1. Maturana was a dunce.

3. Drop Stern John
Answer: Start Jason Scotland who complain on Faceboo, complain about being brought away from his club and didn't get to sweat, choose club over country - and yet, still get a start and couldn't finish ereclear cut goal chances.

4. Lacking crowd support

Not sure I agree with all those sentiments but same thing with Birchie, take him off at 2-0 up against El Salvador when he is playing well and we leak two goals, then do the same against USA at only 0-1 when he is again playing well and we leak another two. Now leave him out altogether againt CR and leak another three.

Ah glad I is not de only one who notice that.  Birchall brings a fighting attitude every game.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 07:18:11 PM »
De level they playing at now ain't too far removed from PFL.

Fellas Lawrence and Dog are our two most experienced defenders. Replace them with green players and all that will happen is that they will make a different setta mistakes. They will not be old or slow but they might look just as clueless, or worse.

No problem with that if we looking to build, if the goal is to get a team between now and November good luck.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 07:21:37 PM »

1. Maturana was a dunce.

3. Drop Stern John
Answer: Start Jason Scotland who complain on Faceboo, complain about being brought away from his club and didn't get to sweat, choose club over country - and yet, still get a start and couldn't finish clear cut goal chances.

4. Lacking crowd support

avery real play today so at least one thing improve, imagine if akile was dey, we woulda get about 6.

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 07:22:09 PM »
Time for Yorke to be a sub.
Time for Scotland to take a purge
Time for Dog to hang out in de pound
Time for Birchall to lean to trap the ball
Time for Lawrence to learn to stay on he feet when tackling
Time for Edwards to learn to cross de ball
Time for Ince to learn how to marshall he defense
Time for Kenwyne Jones to start scoring
Time for Glenn to learn to slow down and be composed
Time for Noel to stop missing and score
Time for we defense to start defending
Time for elan to shut up with he shit
Time for Scotland to quit international ball
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 07:25:22 PM by Trinity Cross »

Offline Willy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 07:38:16 PM »

1. Maturana was a dunce.

3. Drop Stern John

4. Lacking crowd support

Ah glad I is not de only one who notice that.  Birchall brings a fighting attitude every game.

Enough fighting attitude for Galaxy to sign him but not obviously not enough for Latas to start him. Also, Beenie never ever left him out of the side or subbed him - the rest is history!!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 08:00:32 PM »
Change we name to Soca Worriers..

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 08:08:10 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
True talk. We need to bleed the younger core group of players now...the older men get show up today. Even ince look like he could sit down on de bench.                                                                                                  thank u imps is rel shit jan michael to start
bajanscout

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 08:13:34 PM »
Ah certin battyhole said to me the other day " you doh know one ass about football! how the hell i could start dog who eh play an international in so long. them kinda things does cause career ending injuries." and he ended " you eh know one arse about football" or something to that effect.

so ah guess latas eh klnow one arse about football either , BC he started dog and he played ah full 90. so ah guess me latas and vranes doh know one arse about football? but you sir know's every thing.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 08:14:37 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
True talk. We need to bleed the younger core group of players now...the older men get show up today. Even ince look like he could sit down on de bench.                                                                                                  thank u imps is rel shit jan michael to start

Where all yuh was since 07 we tried d yutes and Bermuda bust we tail and Stern had to score 4 we. So go wit d yutes and we might b ready for 2014.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 09:33:21 PM »
Ah certin battyhole said to me the other day " you doh know one ass about football! how the hell i could start dog who eh play an international in so long. them kinda things does cause career ending injuries." and he ended " you eh know one arse about football" or something to that effect.

so ah guess latas eh klnow one arse about football either , BC he started dog and he played ah full 90. so ah guess me latas and vranes doh know one arse about football? but you sir know's every thing.

Doh take things so personal sah....I eh know you yuh talking about and I eh see the game I must admit but from what I have read, Dog didn't have a good game.  Latas believe in Dog for whatever reason but I still say, Keyeno Thomas has done nothing to lose his spot.....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 09:35:44 PM »

Doh take things so personal sah....I eh know you yuh talking about and I eh see the game I must admit but from what I have read, Dog didn't have a good game.  Latas believe in Dog for whatever reason but I still say, Keyeno Thomas has done nothing to lose his spot.....

U goin by peeps opinion to judge Dog performance. Half ah dem was not at d DYS. Read Rasta review he was present
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 09:39:17 PM »

U goin by peeps opinion to judge Dog performance. Half ah dem was not at d DYS. Read Rasta review he was present

Fair enough...but then again I shouldn't take anyone's opinion because half ah de people on here have no clue about the sport anyway....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 09:41:22 PM »
Move the game to Tobago, who pack the DY stadium and make more noise that the HC will ever dream of.

I Trini by birth, but I say we should have all the rest of our home games in 'bago for that reason alone!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 09:58:45 PM »
Move the game to Tobago, who pack the DY stadium and make more noise that the HC will ever dream of.

I Trini by birth, but I say we should have all the rest of our home games in 'bago for that reason alone!

If we want to be dead serious about this World Cup qualifying thing and creating overwhelming home advantage much like CR and Mexico does we definitely need a football dedicated stadium with no athletic or cycle track and with about a 15,000 to 20,000 capacity! This is a serious issue if we want to qualify for regular World Cups as we need to be creating definite home advantage!

Latas has the potential to bring back our football to the level we were at in the strike squad days so lets give him a chance or to be more accurate lets hope JR & the TTFF doh @*$!-up again!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 10:01:20 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 01:54:19 AM »
Ride out from here with this crap eh acb. Just focusing on every negative you can find and things you can warp to turn into such- by omission or straight twisting, and dismissing the numerous positives. This was the best performance from TnT since the World Cup 06, and thais all you could write. I'm a realist and I believe in striving towards excellence in everything, but I don't like the vibes I seeing here.

WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 02:02:52 AM by Peter »

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 02:02:00 AM »

If we want to be dead serious about this World Cup qualifying thing and creating overwhelming home advantage much like CR and Mexico does we definitely need a football dedicated stadium with no athletic or cycle track and with about a 15,000 to 20,000 capacity! This is a serious issue if we want to qualify for regular World Cups as we need to be creating definite home advantage!

Latas has the potential to bring back our football to the level we were at in the strike squad days so lets give him a chance or to be more accurate lets hope JR & the TTFF doh @*$!-up again!!

I totally agree, cosign.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2009, 07:12:48 AM »
mexico will win its home games however they need one raod win .. they lost to honduras , USA and elsalvador  and i doubt they winning in mexico ..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2009, 07:29:15 AM »
Some of us need to make up we minds what it is we really want.  One minute we saying give the youth ah chance next minute we saying bring back de veterans.  Which one we really want?  When Maturana was giving de youths ah chance men was calling fuh he head because we saying de youths eh ready yet.  Latapy bring back de old men and we still loss now we calling fuh de youths again.

We cyah have it both ways.  Akile Edwards didn't play yesterday and we still give up three goals and Maturana didn't coach yesterday either.  So who fault is it really why we defense is shit?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2009, 07:57:52 AM »
Some of us need to make up we minds what it is we really want.  One minute we saying give the youth ah chance next minute we saying bring back de veterans.  Which one we really want?  When Maturana was giving de youths ah chance men was calling fuh he head because we saying de youths eh ready yet.  Latapy bring back de old men and we still loss now we calling fuh de youths again.

We cyah have it both ways.  Akile Edwards didn't play yesterday and we still give up three goals and Maturana didn't coach yesterday either.  So who fault is it really why we defense is shit?

Is this Palos posting under NUFF account?

You ent see de game yesterday ah wah. Dogg, Lawrence, Ince and even Yorke age is starting to show base on them lapsing at times soldier. Give some of the younger ones a chance now especially if we loose tha Mexico game.  :'(

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009, 08:23:51 AM »

You ent see de game yesterday ah wah. Dogg, Lawrence, Ince and even Yorke age is starting to show base on them lapsing at times soldier. Give some of the younger ones a chance now especially if we loose tha Mexico game.  :'(

Doh misunderstand what i saying.  I not saying doh give de youths ah chance.  What I saying is that no matter which one we do (play de youths or play de veterans) some people does still complain.  Dais all ah trying to say. 

We cyah say give de youths ah chance but then when de coach play de youths we cussin de coach and callin fuh de veterans.  Dey give Akile Edwards ah chance and everybody calling him shit and bawlin fuh Avery John even though Keon Daniel always leaving Akile string up like ah wet panty on ah clothes line.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2009, 08:25:41 AM »

Doh misunderstand what i saying.  I not saying doh give de youths ah chance.  What I saying is that no matter which one we do (play de youths or play de veterans) some people does still complain.  Dais all ah trying to say. 

We cyah say give de youths ah chance but then when de coach play de youths we cussin de coach and callin fuh de veterans.  Dey give Akile Edwards ah chance and everybody calling him shit and bawlin fuh Avery John even though Keon Daniel always leaving Akile string up like ah wet panty on ah clothes line.

It eh have nutten wit yute or old men. Play d best players. But d blacklist confuse d issue. Is Akile d best left back then play him.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009, 08:33:47 AM »

It eh have nutten wit yute or old men. Play d best players. But d blacklist confuse d issue. Is Akile d best left back then play him.

De youths might play bad now but they could improve with experience.  De old man bad now and they getting worse.

1]; } ?>