April 23, 2024, 03:41:48 PM

Author Topic: What's next for Soca Warriors?  (Read 5987 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What's next for Soca Warriors?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 08:35:02 AM »
Some of us need to make up we minds what it is we really want.  One minute we saying give the youth ah chance next minute we saying bring back de veterans.  Which one we really want?  When Maturana was giving de youths ah chance men was calling fuh he head because we saying de youths eh ready yet.  Latapy bring back de old men and we still loss now we calling fuh de youths again.

We cyah have it both ways.  Akile Edwards didn't play yesterday and we still give up three goals and Maturana didn't coach yesterday either.  So who fault is it really why we defense is shit?

Is this Palos posting under NUFF account?

You ent see de game yesterday ah wah. Dogg, Lawrence, Ince and even Yorke age is starting to show base on them lapsing at times soldier. Give some of the younger ones a chance now especially if we loose tha Mexico game.  :'(

Doh misunderstand what i saying.  I not saying doh give de youths ah chance.  What I saying is that no matter which one we do (play de youths or play de veterans) some people does still complain.  Dais all ah trying to say. 

We cyah say give de youths ah chance but then when de coach play de youths we cussin de coach and callin fuh de veterans.  Dey give Akile Edwards ah chance and everybody calling him shit and bawlin fuh Avery John even though Keon Daniel always leaving Akile string up like ah wet panty on ah clothes line.

It eh have nutten wit yute or old men. Play d best players. But d blacklist confuse d issue. Is Akile d best left back then play him.

De youths might play bad now but they could improve with experience.  De old man bad now and they getting worse.

Play d best players whether young, old, adolescent or preschooler.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 08:52:47 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
True talk. We need to bleed the younger core group of players now...the older men get show up today. Even ince look like he could sit down on de bench.                                                                                                  thank u imps is rel shit jan michael to start

Where all yuh was since 07 we tried d yutes and Bermuda bust we tail and Stern had to score 4 we. So go wit d yutes and we might b ready for 2014.

that was a one off game  ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2009, 08:56:46 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
True talk. We need to bleed the younger core group of players now...the older men get show up today. Even ince look like he could sit down on de bench.                                                                                                  thank u imps is rel shit jan michael to start

Where all yuh was since 07 we tried d yutes and Bermuda bust we tail and Stern had to score 4 we. So go wit d yutes and we might b ready for 2014.

that was a one off game  ....

Stern scorin was a 1 off game or Bermuda beatin we.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2009, 09:38:40 AM »
I'm a realist and I believe in striving towards excellence in everything

If you is a realist, you would realise that whether it's Mats or Latas, old or young, Stern or Scotty, pretty or ugly football - we still get a cut ass, we chalk up another loss, and we further away from securing a place to South Africa. Cut it which way you want - we further up shit creek. Conceeding 3 goals on the road was a bitter pill to swallow, but men seem to be overjoiced that we collect 3 goals at home because we playing pretty. That is the kinda complecancy that have us where we are at the moment.

I am with you that we will beat Mexico in Mexico, and will even go as far as saying we will win 2-0 or 2-1 based on how they played against ES last night. As I said before, Latapy needs more than his fair chance to work with TT Football - he has a vision that requires longevity, but in a business where results matter and speak the loudest - how many more losses can we tolerate?
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline mouie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2009, 10:20:13 AM »
Leo came here and saw the only thing wrong is the defence and he worked on that.He did nothing with the mids or fowards because were good at that.All we need to do is work on our defece and we cloud win games with one goal.LEO HAD IT RIGHT!But want to like the pretty attacking game,we not ready for that!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2009, 11:13:54 AM »
MEXICO BEATING WE!!

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2009, 11:21:17 AM »
get rid ah impssss he is rel shit he letting we down jan michael by far has had d best game so far between all d keepers get rid ah impzzzzzzz plz he is we fault ..when we midfield get beat is d defence job to defend when dem get beat who turn it is ? and impzzzzz aint doing he job if u count d amout ah times d defenders defend and d amout ah times impsss save u cyah blame d ddefenders
bajanscout

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2009, 12:34:53 PM »
I'm a realist and I believe in striving towards excellence in everything

If you is a realist, you would realise that whether it's Mats or Latas, old or young, Stern or Scotty, pretty or ugly football - we still get a cut ass, we chalk up another loss, and we further away from securing a place to South Africa. Cut it which way you want - we further up shit creek. Conceeding 3 goals on the road was a bitter pill to swallow, but men seem to be overjoiced that we collect 3 goals at home because we playing pretty. That is the kinda complecancy that have us where we are at the moment.

I am with you that we will beat Mexico in Mexico, and will even go as far as saying we will win 2-0 or 2-1 based on how they played against ES last night. As I said before, Latapy needs more than his fair chance to work with TT Football - he has a vision that requires longevity, but in a business where results matter and speak the loudest - how many more losses can we tolerate?

Yeh, you're right there, results is what matters, but it's also about how to get results. The thing I'm getting at is that, the way we played yesterday, save the defense, is the first time since the world cup 06 that we look as though we're capable of actually getting results from a football match without relying solely on luck(and we've had our fair share.  **boomkick**) and hopeful play, but methodical build up. 

How you win matches consistently isn't from hopeful play, but from constantly applying pressure on all opponents and building play and creating chances, and like I said, it's the first time since Beenhackker that we can do that. We just have to work out our defense now, and use much more wingplay. Your opinions are very valid though acb, sorry bout coming across abrasive there. Like I said before, I believe Latapy will prove to be a great manager and coach.

WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2009, 02:27:47 PM »
Midfield- Carlos Birchill Roberts samuel
Defence- Spann- Thomas Tallest John
 Forwards KJ and Connell.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2009, 04:26:33 PM »
Many here don't care about T&T footbal, it is quite clear that their care lies that T&T football wins and go to the big shows, so them can hit the party...otherwise is who do shit and no good and who shouldn't be dey.....

Well the rest of my comments and observations would mean nothing to most as they already get they bobolees to beat up on for that last lorse, and nuthen any body say could take away that fun from them....It doh matter, TT football benefit and show best for that last game more than any other games in history, buh who cares, we lorse, the score line say so, and judging from many diehard, football smart, regular posters, knowlegable ppl, DAMN, we really did.

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2009, 04:42:44 PM »
So the board & football community was crying out for democracy and common sense to reign.

1. Maturana was a dunce.
Answer: we get rid of Mats and put in The Peoples' Champ - Latapy, but the result was the same - a loss.

2. Defence too inexperienced.
Answer: Bring back Dog, Tallest and Avery to man the backline. Yet we give up 3 soft goals - all big defensive blunders, and collect the same 3 we get against USA under Maturana.

3. Drop Stern John
Answer: Start Jason Scotland who complain on Faceboo, complain about being brought away from his club and didn't get to sweat, choose club over country - and yet, still get a start and couldn't finish clear cut goal chances.

4. Lacking crowd support
Answer: Move the game to Tobago, who pack the DY stadium and make more noise that the HC will ever dream of.

So where do we go from here??

It's Maturana fault still! >:(

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2009, 04:45:51 PM »
Time for Yorke to be a sub.
Time for Scotland to take a purge
Time for Dog to hang out in de pound
Time for Birchall to lean to trap the ball
Time for Lawrence to learn to stay on he feet when tackling
Time for Edwards to learn to cross de ball
Time for Ince to learn how to marshall he defense
Time for Kenwyne Jones to start scoring
Time for Glenn to learn to slow down and be composed
Time for Noel to stop missing and score
Time for we defense to start defending
Time for elan to shut up with he shit
Time for Scotland to quit international ball
Time for the SW to win a facking game! >:(

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2009, 05:11:41 PM »
Time for Yorke to make a graceful exit and join Latas to develop the next generation of Warriors.  It was clear that the old veterans were the weak links in the game.  Birchall should start ahead of Yorke.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2009, 05:40:50 PM »
 :-X What's amazing to me is that in the one practice session that I saw it was apparent that Yorke and Dog were off their game...Dog was slow and he didn't look like his knee was 100% and Dwight took a long time to warm up in the game and looked slow and both him and Birchall got muscled off the ball ah lot...however I think that he should still be on the team because his composure is still there and his touch is still there once he has warmed up and get into the groove of the game..but he should probably come off the bench seeing that he has not had a competitive game in months. U can't expect to be at match quality fitness and not played a real match in months....Dog like I said from all along is too slow to play with Lawrence..Yorke lost the ball at the top of the area to start off  one of the goals being scored and Lawrence made a huge mistake heading the ball down to the top of the key to a player (ah Rookie mistake by a veteran) for the goal and Dog out of position with a bad header cause the other goal.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2009, 06:05:16 PM »
Many here don't care about T&T footbal, it is quite clear that their care lies that T&T football wins and go to the big shows, so them can hit the party...otherwise is who do shit and no good and who shouldn't be dey.....

Well the rest of my comments and observations would mean nothing to most as they already get they bobolees to beat up on for that last lorse, and nuthen any body say could take away that fun from them....It doh matter, TT football benefit and show best for that last game more than any other games in history, buh who cares, we lorse, the score line say so, and judging from many diehard, football smart, regular posters, knowlegable ppl, DAMN, we really did.

Lyrics, bredda, lyrics. Yuh know wah happen when I viewed the game yesterday? Particularly the first half. It restored in me the belief that T&T has a brand of her own. And if people don't think that is important then all I can say is that it is important to me. Our game against Sweden was our best in a long time. But I dare say that if it had our fingerpring on it (a la strike squad) we woulda won. Of course our defense is aging and had a bad game. But it appears that Latas, if given the opportunity, could bring the best of the past and the experience he picked up in his illustrious career, and the promise of the future to bear on our football.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 06:29:56 PM by Cocorite »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2009, 06:21:52 PM »
Comments by Maxg carry serious weight. Doh mean to start no polarizing talk but it's true about the sick, shallow and destructive need for a bobolee.  :beermug:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2009, 10:12:45 PM »

Exactly when Touches,Patriot,Brown.Spidey and me was drivin on shoulder 2 get 2 MLS and say el cobeau brando was d worse. Man talk bout winnin record. D football went backwards in giant steps wit Mats but he CV go show a winnin record.

1]; } ?>