April 29, 2024, 12:39:38 AM

Author Topic: Falkirk's bid for Theobald hit by red tape  (Read 1267 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Falkirk's bid for Theobald hit by red tape
« on: October 07, 2005, 06:21:59 AM »
Falkirk's bid for Theobald hit by red tape
By Greig Thomas

JOHN HUGHES last night revealed his bid to sign Densil Theobald is being held back by red tape and a shortage of cash.

The Falkirk boss was impressed by the Trinidad and Tobago international midfielder during a two-week trial.

Player-coach Russell Latapy tipped off Yogi about Theobold, who plays for Caledonia A/A Fire in his homeland.

Story continues Continue story

The player, who watched the Bairns' 2-2 draw with Hearts on Sunday, would love a chance to play in the SPL.

But Hughes has already spent his budget and realises Theobold could have work permit problems despite being a regular for his country.

While the 23-year-old is on World Cup duty against Panama at the weekend, Hughes will try to hammer out a deal with his directors for the player when he returns.

Hughes said: "Densil is young, has great vision and passing ability - you can see that after two minutes.

"He is a full international but we need to see what the situation is with the work permit. We're at the first stage and need to see if he qualifies.

"I also need to sit down with my board of directors and work out what we can do.

"Money is tight so we need to see if we can come to some kind of arrangement with his club. We could take him until Christmas and see what we think of him and what he thinks of us.

"If we were going to take him on a longer deal we would probably have to pay a fee so we need to weigh it all up."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Falkirk's bid for Theobald hit by red tape
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 06:27:06 AM »
Well I sorry for him, but he have more caps than when Jason Scotland get turned down so he might be lucky.... I wish him all the best, he deserve more....

On de flip side, I hope we dont cap him now because of this, if he deserve de chance to play no problem, but these 2 games to important to just han men caps, maybe if we beating Pan bad bad he could get ah 10 mins sweat or something.... but I wish him al de best and if he deserve a chance on de team, then release de Bleeder...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 06:38:39 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 07:34:36 AM »
oh shit man!!

lard have mussy, how we players blight so?

But anyways, say what! when we make the world cup next year, all ah dem go be getting big big contracts all over the world and work permit will never be an issue!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 08:41:05 AM »
oh shit man!!

lard have mussy, how we players blight so?

But anyways, say what! when we make the world cup next year, all ah dem go be getting big big contracts all over the world and work permit will never be an issue!
There are a lot of things other than ones ability to play this game that goes in making it at the highest level,country,team you played for(level),racism is big,being able to communicate,how marketable are you etc the world of Football ain't easy the amount of players on the market and these guys will look to the countries/clubs that doing well for players,that's why when our players are playing they must remember is not just country you are playing for it's about future also.   
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 03:14:33 PM by Coop's »

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 09:15:35 AM »
THIS TING WIT WORK PERMIT IS ACCORDIN TO HOW MUCH TIME U PLAY OR HOW TIME U GET PIC CUZ THEOBALD HAS BEEN GETTIN PICKED ALOT BY BENIE BUT NOT PLAYING PLENTY

AN IT LOOKIN LIKE THEY WANT HIM FOR FREE TILL CHRISTMAS THEM CHEAP SKATES
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 03:05:15 PM »
I believe all dem tings is just smoke screen to take advantage of de boy and get him cheap.

1]; } ?>