March 28, 2024, 03:52:56 PM

Author Topic: Where was the Defense?  (Read 12758 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Where was the Defense?
« on: June 07, 2009, 08:02:57 AM »
Tallest and Keyeno thomas are right at this moment liabilities on the field no composure or confidence defending very hap hazard and laborer like defenders in my book may have had some basics but you have got to think on the field also,it's not as if we have defenders who are like animals relying on instinct to get by its all about reasoning and rationalising,for instance granted carlos allowed that cross to slip by, keyeno was to close to the ball to attempt a diving header he could've threw his chest at that ball or brought his body closer to the striker to throw him off,if I'm a costa rican player I'm looking at that and saying these defenders are desperate and from then on I telling my boys just keep crossing them balls into keyeno and tallest way.......   

Boi I tell allyuh it ent easy with we defense nah.I wish we had ah defense like germany always coming forward never backing up ......

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Where was the Defense?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 08:06:30 AM »
Well Keyano eh play last nite so it was Tallest and Dog at fault for last nite.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 08:10:43 AM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 08:06:54 AM »

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 08:07:30 AM »
Tallest and Keyeno thomas are right at this moment liabilities on the field no composure or confidence defending very hap hazard and laborer like defenders in my book may have had some basics but you have got to think on the field also,it's not as if we have defenders who are like animals relying on instinct to get by its all about reasoning and rationalising,for instance granted carlos allowed that cross to slip by, keyeno was to close to the ball to attempt a diving header he could've threw his chest at that ball or brought his body closer to the striker to throw him off,if I'm a costa rican player I'm looking at that and saying these defenders are desperate and from then on I telling my boys just keep crossing them balls into keyeno and tallest way.......   

Boi I tell allyuh it ent easy with we defense nah.I wish we had ah defense like germany always coming forward never backing up ......
Wha happen it too early in the morning for you or wha.....Marvin 'Dog' Andrews played last night not Keyeno Thomas

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 08:08:44 AM »
Allyuh well chomping.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 08:19:35 AM »
When glad men learn what defence is all about then we could become better.  Clean up! That is it, plain and simple... clean up. Marvin Dogg did not clean up after Lawrence and Lawrence did not clean up after dogg shit. Carlos was not at fault, he played that winger all the way and did not lapse unless he had foul de man. Our first stopper and last were our weakest links. >:(
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 08:25:33 AM »
unless i missing something, we dont play a sweeper , not sure if any international team does, so i dont get y we refer to the cb as first and last stopper. i was really disappointed about how we conceded though. i woulda be able to stomach if   a player out sprinted tallest  or dog but geez men jus stand up in d box and get ball on they foot  and defenders at 2 arms length distance or more. thats not marking
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 08:28:13 AM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 08:26:14 AM »
unless i missing something, we dont play a sweeper , not sure if any international team does, so i dont get y we refer to the cb as first and last stopper

Dey age showin by dem terms.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 08:26:59 AM »
Trying a diving header on that play is crazy ,and if you try u better pray to god you hit the ball !. That was the defining moment of the game . It went all down hill ,after that first Coasta Rican goal scored .

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 08:31:44 AM »
Keyeno Thomas has not had a bad game in defense yet in the hex.  He has been our most consistent defender in qualifying so far (apart from the injuries).  Why was he benched?  Like Latapy forget de slogan "if it aint broke don't fix it".  Central defense was not our big problem defensively.  The wings were the problem along with the fact that Keon Daniel never performed his defensive duties while Akile Edwards took all the blame.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 08:33:25 AM »
My bad then so who was that man who try that diving header that cost we the goal?

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 08:34:25 AM »
My bad then so who was that man who try that diving header that cost we the goal?

That was Marvin Andrews.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 08:35:50 AM »
That was another thing when the game start where i was watching it  at de pirates bay in lauderhill they ent give yuh no line up.....

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 08:37:09 AM »
Keyeno Thomas has not had a bad game in defense yet in the hex.  He has been our most consistent defender in qualifying so far (apart from the injuries).  Why was he benched?  Like Latapy forget de slogan "if it aint broke don't fix it".  Central defense was not our big problem defensively.  The wings were the problem along with the fact that Keon Daniel never performed his defensive duties while Akile Edwards took all the blame.
Keyeno and Dennis had a partnership forming, which is important for a central defence. He lose his place because why?

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 08:41:07 AM »
how else was he supposed to reach that ball? the problem was not that he tried the diving header, the problem was he  was not marking the guy. if he  was he would not  have to try the diving header. if u c the replay again look at what dog did. he started marking the guy  b4 the cross came in but then gradually drifted away from the guy  in anticipation of stopping the cross or the crosser
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 08:42:07 AM »

That was Marvin Andrews.

Well look at trouble old dog trying new tricks,ah still have meh reservations about keyeno anyway but dog was atrocious with that kinda play dred and listen allyuh I played defense ah couple times in my life during college ball and was in ah similar situation where ah ball was coming to me in the six yard box in the air just about 4feet high and chest that ball back to my keeper there's no way attempting ah header from that position madness ah tell yuh.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 08:42:16 AM »
Cool Beans,
                     He lost hisplace because Marvin said that he is ready to play. He want his 100 caps!!!!

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 08:42:29 AM »
imps is shit all d goals is he fault
bajanscout

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 08:44:15 AM »
Cool Beans,
                     He lost hisplace because Marvin said that he is ready to play. He want his 100 caps!!!!

I guess he eh playin wed niether because he eh get he 100 cap yet.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 08:48:50 AM »
how else was he supposed to reach that ball? the problem was not that he tried the diving header, the problem was he  was not marking the guy. if he  was he would not  have to try the diving header. if u c the replay again look at what dog did. he started marking the guy  b4 the cross came in but then gradually drifted away from the guy  in anticipation of stopping the cross or the crosser
Yep. People blaming Carlos or blaming de diving header, but the real breakdown was him losing his man.

Dennis blunder was 14 times worse doh.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 08:49:14 AM »

Ah go take that point,but what happen with the last post being completely open why was lawrence gaping at what was going on, sometimes I wonder if he understands his role I doh care how intense it is the on ah cross you cyah leave yuh post an dem uncovered madness ah tell yuh,I see latas talking to him on the sidelines jestering yuh cyah play skiddish like that in defense....  

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 08:50:47 AM »

That was Marvin Andrews.

From where I sat it was Lawerence.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 08:53:19 AM »

That was Marvin Andrews.

Nah Lawrence had de assist for de second goal.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 08:54:07 AM »
     Latapy eh forget nothing,peeps on here feel Latas is he own boss but is the same thing all other Coaches went through,Latas playing who he is told to play.The consencus here is that they rather experience than work with younger players so that they can gain experience,Tallest and them pulling stones all the time but Coaches always taking the blame for them,this is one game you can't hide all of them going to get expose,the difference now is nobody wants to blame Latas so players getting it even Yorke,i'm glad to see the table has turned and peeps are starting to blame players instead of Coach.      

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2009, 08:59:17 AM »
I fully blame Latapy for playing Andrews.  I said it long before the game.  Marvin Andrews should not have been brought back. 

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2009, 09:00:16 AM »
     Latapy eh forget nothing,peeps on here feel Latas is he own boss but is the same thing all other Coaches went through,Latas playing who he is told to play.The consencus here is that they rather experience than work with younger players so that they can gain experience,Tallest and them pulling stones all the time but Coaches always taking the blame for them,this is one game you can't hide all of them going to get expose,the difference now is nobody wants to blame Latas so players getting it even Yorke,i'm glad to see the table has turned and peeps are starting to blame players instead of Coach.      

Well said coops,yuh know historically we've always had a problem with defense and up to this day we still have a problem it's our achilles heel and they won't recognise this until we go to mexico on the 10th and get 16 goals....

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2009, 09:03:25 AM »
Yep. People blaming Carlos or blaming de diving header, but the real breakdown was him losing his man.

Dennis blunder was 14 times worse doh.

alyuh blaming d defense and dog and tallman....and rightfully so because they looked pretty bad in terms of positioning and marking and anticipation....but their midfield leaves them gaping all d time and having to scramble to mark 5 and 6 man at one time. from my perspective, the 2nd and 3rd goal were both midfield errors that resulted in goal. the 2nd goal spann tried to rush the ball and get beat real stupid in the center of d park...instead of standing up d man...d costa rican turn and run about 25 yards towards we box before a trini player came to him. two knock and goal. the third goal...yorke and avery went to challenge one man for the same ball leaving a player open behind them. the player scope d ball over d both a dem head...he lays it off to a wide midfielder..who just run past trent noel while he standing up and watching...cross d ball and goal number 3.

yorke looked done after 60 mins again today and cudnt do a dam thing to stop the younger and fitter costa rican midfield....the game was won and lost right there. when we dominated we controlled the middle and had tinto causing havoc down d right side. when we lost was when we get tired in d middle and they took over. the midfield dont provide any cover for our defense and dog and tallest have 5 and 6 running at them constantly. hyland and birchall needs to start for me...if they are fit.  :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009, 09:03:30 AM »
This was a brand new second-hand back four. I believe its the first time they have played together. That apart it is the best football display I have seen by any national team. We can only improve what with the possibility of JLoyd joining us in the not too distant future our chances of at least finishing 4th seems bright.

Judging from the teams performance I will stick my head out and say that Latapy is easily the best local coach to grace our football and has forthe time being only Beenie ahead of him. He can outdo Beenie with either a straight or 4th place qualification.

I think the future looks bright.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2009, 09:04:50 AM »

That was Marvin Andrews.

so blind ..ah mean cosign .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009, 09:06:15 AM »

That was Marvin Andrews.

so blind ..ah mean cosign .

Cosign

1]; } ?>