March 28, 2024, 06:47:17 PM

Author Topic: Where was the Defense?  (Read 12759 times)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Where was the Defense?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 09:06:37 AM »
My bad then so who was that man who try that diving header that cost we the goal?

That was Marvin Andrews.

Yes it was....but I just dont get why he had to try ah diving header......steups....................
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 09:07:51 AM »
This was a brand new second-hand back four. I believe its the first time they have played together. That apart it is the best football display I have seen by any national team. We can only improve what with the possibility of JLoyd joining us in the not too distant future our chances of at least finishing 4th seems bright.

Judging from the teams performance I will stick my head out and say that Latapy is easily the best local coach to grace our football and has forthe time being only Beenie ahead of him. He can outdo Beenie with either a straight or 4th place qualification.

I think the future looks bright.

D TTFF around still so we football cyah look bright.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2009, 09:08:52 AM »
Judging from the teams performance I will stick my head out and say that Latapy is easily the best local coach to grace our football and has forthe time being only Beenie ahead of him. He can outdo Beenie with either a straight or 4th place qualification.

Nah man sub1...wha about Gally Cummings ... ???  
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2009, 09:09:46 AM »

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2009, 09:12:37 AM »
This was a brand new second-hand back four. I believe its the first time they have played together. That apart it is the best football display I have seen by any national team. We can only improve what with the possibility of JLoyd joining us in the not too distant future our chances of at least finishing 4th seems bright.

Judging from the teams performance I will stick my head out and say that Latapy is easily the best local coach to grace our football and has for the time being only Beenie ahead of him. He can outdo Beenie with either a straight or 4th place qualification.

You could tell that from only one game, that we lost, at home, conceding three foolish goals?

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2009, 09:23:24 AM »

I saw the first game that Gally had. We played Canada in a friendly. Although there was an improvement it was not so drastic. Many are expecting licks in mexico wednesday. I am not one of those.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2009, 09:24:00 AM »

Judging from the teams performance I will stick my head out and say that Latapy is easily the best local coach to grace our football and has for the time being only Beenie ahead of him. He can outdo Beenie with either a straight or 4th place qualification.

You could tell that from only one game, that we lost, at home, conceding three foolish goals?

Yup.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2009, 09:24:45 AM »
Alyah changing the subject hear now eh ......but I cant wait to see ,Hayden Tinto become Latapy protege .He done give him his no.10 .whoo hah ....Jah Gol been talking bout Tinto yrs now.
Not to mention all the other players he gonna properly develop ,under his tutelage were in for a renaissance ,under the Magician .
Were gonna personify the beautiful game by 2014 .  

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2009, 09:29:32 AM »
Alyah changing the subject hear now eh ......but I cant wait to see ,Hayden Tinto become Latapy protege .He done give him his no.10 .whoo hah ....Jah Gol been talking bout Tinto yrs now.
Not to mention all the other players he gonna properly develop ,under his tutelage were in for a renaissance ,under the Magician .
Were gonna personify the beautiful game by 2014 .  

D TTFF still around so u know it not possible 2 cosign dat

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2009, 09:47:04 AM »

I saw the first game that Gally had. We played Canada in a friendly. Although there was an improvement it was not so drastic. Many are expecting licks in mexico wednesday. I am not one of those.

yes i am hoping for a draw as you
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline mouie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2009, 09:53:14 AM »
Defence is never in Latas mind.We still want to play these teams a open game when we are not ready for that.Yes we will score but with no defence we will conceed more!

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2009, 10:30:14 AM »
Yuh know first time ah reading this ,last night  i was tellling ah man since after BEENIE this is the best ah see D Warriors run for ah long time .Big up Latapy go brave brother . 
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2009, 10:36:21 AM »
bUTTTTTTTTTT waitttttttttttt !! Trini defence is not very strong for the longest while!! Wham to allyuh, men like thye now start watching Trini play ! Our style of play last nite was of an attcaking nature and I was really impressed with how the game went. Yes , we Defence is not very strong, so I alwys expectring some lapses during the game!!

THIS IS THE BEST WE play in Qualifying so far, yes our defence is an will be our Achilles HEEL for some time to come .....however if we continue with this style of play and put in the goals ....... we will WIN matches! You could only work with waht you have and to be honest the men who play D last nite are the BEST we have to offer !!

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2009, 10:49:20 AM »
d defence wasnt that bad is d dam keeper imps hes rel shit y them always starting he d man conceed more than he save every game
bajanscout

Offline tsingh

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2009, 10:57:52 AM »
Just want to make a simple point ... Beenie sorted out the defense issue we had ... got us to WC.  Defense always keeps you in with a chance to win games not offense.  You can score 6 but if you let in 7 you still lose.  As many have said in the forum ... we will not go anywhere unless we tightenup in the back ... we can't afford to let teams score more than 1 on us for us to have a chance.  Playing defense isn't pretty but we like to see pretty ... remember plenty people say beenie shoulda play latapy in WC ... if beenie didn't stick to his defensive strategy ... we would not have been so proud of our team ... no-one remembers the plays in a game only the score ...  Very surprised that Latas left out Birchall ... have no idea what the issue was ... but i always say is Birchall and any other 10.  Has been the most consistent player for me so far.  With that being said ... wish the team well in mexico ... tough place to play!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2009, 11:09:00 AM »
d defence wasnt that bad is d dam keeper imps hes rel shit y them always starting he d man conceed more than he save every game
what Ince do you so? like yuh have it out for de man.....you can really blame him for the goals....blame those in central d and central mid...look at what Dog did...as a central defender he left his feet but didn't get the ball..talk about decision making by the way where was the central mid in that play?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2009, 11:14:56 AM »
like i said before, dog and tallest getting to old, they arent fast enough and intelligent enough, leave carlos at right back, samuel if he gets through at centre back, pacheco at centre back and bring back sancho, tallest and dog cost us the game last night, john actually played decent, at least he had the legs to last the full game.

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2009, 11:15:39 AM »
cyah be he for d goals hes rel shit ,,put dem young boys inn d man to old and alwayscomplaining when he dey score on him..alyuh doh see how outta shape and awky d man is and cross ball only going over he head ..get rid ah him plzzzzzzz if alyuh doh realize is he letting we down go look at all d games he played in for this wcq and look at d ones he save and d ones that score is more scoring than saves
bajanscout

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2009, 11:23:01 AM »
Just want to make a simple point ... Beenie sorted out the defense issue we had ... got us to WC.  Defense always keeps you in with a chance to win games not offense.  You can score 6 but if you let in 7 you still lose.  As many have said in the forum ... we will not go anywhere unless we tightenup in the back ... we can't afford to let teams score more than 1 on us for us to have a chance.  Playing defense isn't pretty but we like to see pretty ... remember plenty people say beenie shoulda play latapy in WC ... if beenie didn't stick to his defensive strategy ... we would not have been so proud of our team ... no-one remembers the plays in a game only the score ...  Very surprised that Latas left out Birchall ... have no idea what the issue was ... but i always say is Birchall and any other 10.  Has been the most consistent player for me so far.  With that being said ... wish the team well in mexico ... tough place to play!

Horse BEENIE had the whole team playing defence , we were very defensive minded does not equate = good defense !! yOU Cant win matches without scoring goals or .......... as you may counter by leaking goals ! I will say we doing the best we can with what we have available.......... we need to shore up the defence yes, but we do need to score !  i DONT SEE WHO ELSE LATAS COULD USE AS DEFENDERS other than bringing some yutes like Julius James.....but they defence we have is the best defence we got !!

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2009, 01:35:33 PM »
imps is shit all d goals is he fault

If yuh mudda wasn't ah hoe Ince wuddn't ah be yuh fadda .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2009, 01:52:53 PM »
that diving miss header Dog did showed his age. He cant jump and dive like he used to. That one thing i was warning allyuh with Latapy and his old boys network.  If Dog coming back, he have to be on the bench for depth and tutor Makan Hislop and Keyeno Thomas.  Keyeno is our most consistent Defender and should of started with Lawrence.  Lawrence and Yorke are already a liability with their lack of speed, so you cant add another slow poke.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2009, 02:09:43 PM »
 Looking at the highlights, it appears to me that our defense  was spread thin with little support from the midfielders.
In at least two of the goals, offense players were left ummarked.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2009, 02:13:52 PM »
Looking at the highlights, it appears to me that our defense  was spread thin with little support from the midfielders.
Yuh so right! too many uinmarked players in the box.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2009, 02:25:40 PM »
Yuh so right! too many uinmarked players in the box.

ent, although Dog and Tallest play real shit, the midfielders provided little support especially Yorke.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2009, 04:37:31 PM »
We could find all the excuses we want and place blame where you so choose,it comes done to making a play,two individuals on two different plays and they did not make those plays period...thats why in my view I see them as being at fault in the first two goals..........now break it down as to why they failed and remedy it soon

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2009, 05:03:28 PM »
When glad men learn what defence is all about then we could become better.  Clean up! That is it, plain and simple... clean up. Marvin Dogg did not clean up after Lawrence and Lawrence did not clean up after dogg shit. Carlos was not at fault, he played that winger all the way and did not lapse unless he had foul de man. Our first stopper and last were our weakest links. >:(

hoss when last u watch football? what first & last stopper u talking about?! them days gone since the start of the 90's. NOBODY does play wit that defensive formation anywhere anymore, it's all about 2 CBs.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2009, 05:37:45 PM »
It is time to get brave and shed the nostalgia of 2006.  Pleeeeassse Yorke and Dog, pleeeeeeaaaasee retire gracefully and let the young players get a chance to develop.  Time for change:
Julius in, Dog out.
Keyeno in and Tallest out.
Daniel and Birchall in, Yorke out.
Scotland does not cut it at International level.  Play Cornell Glen form the start with Jones
Darryl Roberts need to be on te bench as a super-sub
Why didn't Hyland replace Yorke who has not played for so long he played like an oldman.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2009, 06:25:59 PM »
imps out jan michael ,marvin phillips, troy marquis innn
bajanscout

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2009, 06:34:59 PM »
Another thing to consider in this reckless "dump Andrews /dump Tallest" talk is that they are extremely good as stoppers who clear crosses and head deep air balls. The only other player in T&T who is KNOWN to be RELIABLY capable of that (and that reliability is crucial for selection) is Keyeno and to some extent Sancho. Yuh see why we have a problem. It is easy to find fault and not see the vital contributions which we take for granted.

Please mention other good candidates (Last stopper) who may have been overlooked as they would be in a crucial pool to be developed
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2009, 06:58:43 PM »
I might be crazy but maybe a thought to try Birchell at the Center back with Lawrence. He is solid at defending, decent in the air and could cover Lawrence. Is not like Mexico big and tall up front.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>