April 26, 2024, 01:23:47 AM

Author Topic: Warriors v. Strike Squad  (Read 1352 times)

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Warriors v. Strike Squad
« on: October 07, 2005, 03:01:34 PM »
It struck me today that though a 4th place spot in the hex, a playoff against an Asian team and definitely our best chance at reaching the FIFA World Cup are all within reach, the vibe is nothing comparable to 1989. I don't see the Public Relations, the red everywhere...I don't even think the average young person knows much about the Warriors, as opposed to in 1989 when i was in Std. 5, we knew everything about the Strike Squad and each player. I remember the numerous fullpage pullouts in the daily newspapers, the songs, etc. What happened this time around? Maybe a forumite can help me. ???

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors v. Strike Squad
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 03:46:38 PM »
Too many people still have 'Post Nov 19 Stress Disorder'. We cyah handle another football tabanca!! So the public apathy is understandible.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 03:50:27 PM »
It will get so when we make de play offs!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 03:53:35 PM »
Too many people still have 'Post Nov 19 Stress Disorder'. We cyah handle another football tabanca!! So the public apathy is understandible.

No disrespeck whatsoever behind-de-bridge and ah fully understand whey yuh comin from, but if November 19, 1989 is still to dis day a defining moment fuh T&T, den de only lesson we learn from dat day is how to lose and run way and hide.

I think your statement has some validity which is truly sad because WE as a nation shoulda rise up and overcome that disappointment by now.  I eh say doh feel how we feel or try to hide it.  We should EMBRACE IT....but what weaken yuh should end up makin yuh stronger.....not 16 years later stll be cowards hidin behind a mask of apathy.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 04:09:00 PM »
Allyuh eh see the thick ting that interviewing Don Leo on the warriors home page boy.  Nice lil Panamanian. ;D ;D

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 04:12:40 PM »
Allyuh eh see the thick ting that interviewing Don Leo on the warriors home page boy.  Nice lil Panamanian. ;D ;D

and beenie aint even looking at de gal boy........
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 04:17:36 PM »
Because we ent reach the defining moment yet.

I think they doing a decent job with the full page ads and the teasers in the papers.

Also I think they have adequate coverage in the papers.

We still a lil ways away.......WHEN WE BEAT PANAMA, then the vibes among the waggonists go ketch.

Also red day and all the other lil things that were organized in 89 were a country wide collective effort.

Maybe the powers that be doe want to put the fellas under pressure as we just cyar handle it.

Also the crime situation is more of a concern to many than football.

People staying home next week as the POS BOMBER striking soon.

I think the fever will ketch once we make Playoffs!!!

Until then...........be glad you were part of the entire journey, and experienced all the ups and downs, those who hop on late cannot and will not ever understand the joy and good feeling we will have when we finally arrive.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 05:47:55 PM »
Because we ent reach the defining moment yet.

I think they doing a decent job with the full page ads and the teasers in the papers.

Also I think they have adequate coverage in the papers.

We still a lil ways away.......WHEN WE BEAT PANAMA, then the vibes among the waggonists go ketch.

Also red day and all the other lil things that were organized in 89 were a country wide collective effort.

Maybe the powers that be doe want to put the fellas under pressure as we just cyar handle it.

Also the crime situation is more of a concern to many than football.

People staying home next week as the POS BOMBER striking soon.

I think the fever will ketch once we make Playoffs!!!

Until then...........be glad you were part of the entire journey, and experienced all the ups and downs, those who hop on late cannot and will not ever understand the joy and good feeling we will have when we finally arrive.

Dais true de 11th coming dis week...

P . O . S  alyuh watch it .  8)

Yuh cyar vex wit de TNT people fuh feeling distant wit de campaign cause is nuff time TTFF geh dey hopes up and in de end de team flop wit nutten to show for it. So now dey waiting to see de light at de end ah de tunnel before dey jump on. ;)
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 06:32:20 PM »
the strike squad hype was diff really because of the hype the country was in at the time it really was a blessed occasion me aint kno wat happen now i feel man fraid we aint make it an them go cry again
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>