March 28, 2024, 01:52:33 PM

Author Topic: Who here know Kenwyne personally?  (Read 8035 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who here know Kenwyne personally?
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2009, 12:10:49 PM »
jones seemed to have something on his right knee, i really n believe he was 100 % fit. now i not defending jones. but o gosh like we cannot cross d ball to d man that would frustrate me very much.  playing lone striker not easy and  now  in jones defence i find he worked his socks off against costa rica and if men want to question jones commitment  go back to the 1st 10 mins with costa rica when he collided with the keeper. how many men woulda go into that challenge? that showing fight and hunger 4 me.

dont judge d man by  d mexico game alone
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2009, 12:17:13 PM »
I ent big no kenwyne fan, but anybody else notice that when he was on it had 2 defenders steady on him?  more room for other players?  think that might be the reason that the midfield scoring so many goals?  anybody compare the quality of the chances (for other players) with him on and with him not on? I ent no coach but I jus watchin'

I ent no big coach either but a big part of what Kenwyne job is as a lone striker is to hold the ball up and relieve pressure of the defence, let the men get a 5 seconds to breather and reorganise. when it comes to that, he is miles behind both Scotty and Stern which is a disgrace seeing as physically he should be the best at it. For all the bad ball he was getting, he still hadda make his presence felt.

My main grouse is that both Beenie and Keane came out and said that the man could be as good as he wants to be, but his movement on the field implies that he doesn't want to be better. he moving like he reach already. For all we criticise Stern, when he get the ball kick out toward him he will usually lose it by
a) falling down
b) chest trap and hands
c) fouling the defender.
But each time the play will stop at least and men will get chance to breathe and relive some pressure. And that is only counting the times when he mess up, eh, not when he get to actually turn the man and then give it away or throw away. kenwyne, like a man say here, is like a pole. He can't keep the ball for more than two seconds, and i was counting from second half so I know what i saying.

I eh even bringing Scotty in this argument cause he hardly ever lose the ball as a hold up player.

Hopefully he go to Spurs next week and learn something from Jermain Defoe or Van Nisterooy or whoever will be there, before august.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2009, 12:42:33 PM »
The Guardian does it again. I guess they don't know him personally: Kenwyne Jones = Keon Daniel. See their caption:

Sunderland striker, Kenwyne Jones, left, leads the Soca Warriors to lunch yesterday. PHOTO: FRANCIS JOSEPH

http://guardian.co.tt/news/general/2009/06/11/no-masks-soca-warriors

That is Kenwyne, the drinking water in Mexico will do that to you.  ;)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2009, 01:17:50 PM »
College, first and foremost KJ is a great athlete....not a great striker. I have the utmost respect and admiration for the youth but he could never start for any team of mine as a striker. you said something very interesting which i will use to drive home my point. u said "strikers have the least touches/least time on the ball and has to depend on good service". Well my friend you are right...it sometimes is a lonely world out there for a striker...but u know what makes them different? the fact that they dont need all dem touches and time and can still bury teams!! KJ will look better in england because he is allowed to use his aerial prowess...as thats the style of play in that league. thats KJ at his best. unfortunately when playing for trinidad he will not get that service because thats not how we play. u cud take KJ and put him on barca team as a striker and he still wont score...despite playing in front of the best midfield in the world. ball to his feet...or to him period....is like kicking d ball onto a concrete wall. i havent seen him turn and dribble past people...run past people with the ball at his feet (again because his touch is awful) and i havent seen him score a 18 yard shot and bury it. i havent seen him score opportunistic goals...which natural strikers are known for. he has no sense of when to check for a ball or make a forward run into space for a ball or just to make a plain decoy run to attract defenders. so for me, i cant classify him as any striker...far less a natural one! i hope that was constructive enough!

Fordy...therein lies the issue/problem. I was so sure that with KJ in our forward line TnT would score more goals via headers as KJ is simply magnificient in the air. So now that he has not been scoring goals(headers or otherwise)so what do we do with him? What are the scouts at Sunderland and Tottenham seeing in him that we the fans don't. Do we try to convert KJ to play "TnT's style" or do we utilize his strenghts and get him better aerial crosses? As much as i love Carlos he cannot(or has not) make a proper aerial cross to find KJ, both he (Carlos) and Keon need to work on their cross balls.
Having said that, KJ needs to have a decent strike partner like Cornell, Scotland and (my choices) Colin Samuel and Stern John. Big Up KJ...poor game yesterday though.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2009, 01:38:49 PM »
I support KJ long enough despite his apparent loss of skills i could have supported him if the effort was there ...but it isnt so his presence on a soccer field as a national player is a liability as far as I'm concerned. I would use him in the defense since he obviously brings nothing offensively.
His attitude has changed and as a result his level has fallen quite frankly as of now he is crap and I would play stern or glen or Roberts over him anyday!

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2009, 01:43:07 PM »
who cares cuase its only so long u can pretend for and then u get exposed for the lazy bum u are and he will be playing football somewhere small soon real effort gets noticed and he still has a lot to learn before he think he is a star. he cant even change a game on his own like most stars in any sport so he need to sit his tall waste of size backside down
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2009, 01:48:36 PM »
I does check out KJ, he does go on like he reach and is ah super star, talk about swell headed.

them fellas need ah reality check, ah glad latas sub his arse , ah hope it was BC he saw KJ was ah waste of time.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2009, 02:24:23 PM »
 am Kenwyne Jones Biatch.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2009, 03:06:52 PM »
With fairness to KJ. Mex. had 90% of the game. Yes he had one legit chance that he shoulda put away. Right now KJ at Sunderland and KJ at TT is one and the same. Too much long ball, too much air ball.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2009, 07:27:54 PM »
all dem fellas and queens who supporting mr jones. gotta keep up wid d joneses. know what i mean?????????????????
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2009, 08:34:56 PM »
imagine it was barely a year ago when KJ running down de field at a half chance (a quarter or eighth chance for most others), end up damaging himself just so he could score for t&t against england and put a little light in we eye. allyuh suck  >:(

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2009, 08:38:09 PM »
That big man wearing a rubber slippers oh god :rotfl: :rotfl:
He acting like he mother send him to the market.

You mean the ttff could not sponsor these profesionals some nice sandals .

lord have mercy.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2009, 09:03:55 PM »
The Guardian does it again. I guess they don't know him personally: Kenwyne Jones = Keon Daniel. See their caption:

Sunderland striker, Kenwyne Jones, left, leads the Soca Warriors to lunch yesterday. PHOTO: FRANCIS JOSEPH

http://guardian.co.tt/news/general/2009/06/11/no-masks-soca-warriors

That is Kenwyne, the drinking water in Mexico will do that to you.  ;)

Guardian is ah jackass newspaper lately.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2009, 07:33:43 AM »
That big man wearing a rubber slippers oh god :rotfl: :rotfl:
He acting like he mother send him to the market.

You mean the ttff could not sponsor these profesionals some nice sandals .

lord have mercy.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

same ting i was thinking
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2009, 10:01:46 AM »
Fellas I just watch both CR & Mex games again (yeah plenty time on meh hands)...and I realize KJ was unlucky not to score in the CR game. His control was on, he was finding space, taking shots and also setting up for Scotland.

In the Mexico game he did nothing...but I did notice him favoring his right leg. So maybe he started that game injured? Maybe Latas figured an injured KJ would be more effective (attract more attention) than the only other striker he had available to him, Mr. Jorsling?

So maybe it is not a "starboy" mentality.Maybe the man just injured.

Just my 2 cents. What allyuh think?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2009, 10:05:01 AM »
Fellas I just watch both CR & Mex games again (yeah plenty time on meh hands)...and I realize KJ was unlucky not to score in the CR game. His control was on, he was finding space, taking shots and also setting up for Scotland.

In the Mexico game he did nothing...but I did notice him favoring his right leg. So maybe he started that game injured? Maybe Latas figured an injured KJ would be more effective (attract more attention) than the only other striker he had available to him, Mr. Jorsling?

So maybe it is not a "starboy" mentality.Maybe the man just injured.

Just my 2 cents. What allyuh think?
Also, in the training video, he had some kinda weird strap thing attached to his right leg.

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2009, 10:19:26 AM »
I support KJ long enough despite his apparent loss of skills i could have supported him if the effort was there ...but it isnt so his presence on a soccer field as a national player is a liability as far as I'm concerned. I would use him in the defense since he obviously brings nothing offensively.
His attitude has changed and as a result his level has fallen quite frankly as of now he is crap and I would play stern or glen or Roberts over him anyday!

So he attitude towards playing has deteriorated, he get lazy, and he is crap now so put him in the defence? The same defence that we done know strugglin already. Why would we put ah lazy man with no mental capacity for playin the game right now in we defence that done hanging on ah thread? Yes he started off playin defence and was a good one too....but if he bring that kinda mentality and laziness to we backline den we worse dan dead...if he cyah out compete and out muscle man for the ball in attack, he will do it in defence? Where he doh wah play?

No me eh judgin the man from this past game, because as other man say he look injured to me so i have to fair to the man. But in being fair i must say that i have been realisuing that his work rate has gone down a lot lately and he don't ever fight for the ball, Kenwyne does have man half his size brushing him off and out jumping him for the ball...i not quick to say is star boy thing cause i cant make no assumptions, but i hope whatever it is that he could look at himself and work it out..

Cause he much better than that...he is not a great striker yet by no means, but he is certainly better than what he been playing....bads service or not cause i lookin at what he does do when HE DOES GET THE BALL...and that is lose it...

Kenwyne me eh saying u is ah hound or that your head swell, because i dont know what going on in your head or physically since the injury....but i hope not just for our sake but also for yours and your career...that you sort out yourself, latas could only do so much coaching, some ah dem fellas have to want to be better too, and put in some personal effort.....you have more to give and we need it right now...i just hope not just KJ but all we players look deep and give we dem all for from now on.

GO WARRIORS...always!!!
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2009, 10:38:36 AM »
Being a striker is a hard wuk yes.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2009, 11:07:39 AM »
Our midfield just can't give the man some quality ball to run and defenders, most of the time KJ is chasing bad passes!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2009, 11:24:08 AM »
I kind of agree that he on star boy thing but at the same time, 1) he has to be nursing and injury and he had Hamstring type taping on his leg, and 2) we freaking mids cannot play a forward foot to save they life. Is the same problem Stern does have. They playing him into space when they should be hitting him.  Quag, Berris, this next piece is not a bagging on Stern just the difference in players. Scotland on the other hand have better movement and positioning than both KJ and SJ. When Scotty show for the ball, his timing and angles are very good. He opens his body to recieve the ball in such a manner that he can go anywhere with the ball , cause he is side on. This allows him much more time on the ball, because the defender cannot press up as they will get turned easily. Cornell Glen in the next forward we have that is pretty good at this.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mackie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2009, 11:29:33 AM »
Kenwyne not looking good because nobody is crossing the ball to him in the air or playing the #2 striker role effectively. For all tinto's hard work I cant remember a decent cross to kenwyne against mexico. Or costa rica for that matter. And our left side was nonexistent for both games. You want to see the best out of jones , send in crosses consistently . It is even harder when he is given the lone striker role , cos for some reason he dosent fight lost causes . I would quicker give small man glen that role cos he has more fight.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2009, 11:41:10 AM »
Kenwyne not looking good because nobody is crossing the ball to him in the air or playing the #2 striker role effectively. For all tinto's hard work I cant remember a decent cross to kenwyne against mexico. Or costa rica for that matter. And our left side was nonexistent for both games. You want to see the best out of jones , send in crosses consistently . It is even harder when he is given the lone striker role , cos for some reason he dosent fight lost causes . I would quicker give small man glen that role cos he has more fight.

Glen will get pounced off the ball.  KJ as a lone striker is not good for us.  Far too many Voom kick ball sailing wide or over him.  The ones that dont, drop so short that he ha to race to it.  Man talking bout his hold up play but look at the shit balls he does get to ha to try an make something happen.  Not one single ball given to him in Mexico where he could easily do something with.  The one decent cross from Skilla drop short but man want to blame KJ fuh dat too.  KJ does expend more energy trying to corrall errant passes than getting to attempt at goal.  And this assness about not trying to win balls from defenders is utter nonsense.  Jones does be runnin at defenders tryin to knock ball around all the time.  He isn't often successful but that is not for lack of effort.  I find we overly critical of jones when in reality the team fails to take advantage of the very attributes for which he is feared.  Imagine you have a 6"2' 200lb beast up front an he cah get ah decen ball to head?  Man want to talk bout lack of motivation an various assorted f**kries when he goin een hard in the air fuh 50/50 balls aginst the keeper who gets the advantage of using his hands fuh extra height.  Curb allyuh enthusiasm with the mob mentality and see things for what is is, we fail miserable at utalizing KJ to his full potential based on a lack of skill in midfield and on the wing.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 11:43:01 AM by Flickin Killa »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2009, 11:53:46 AM »

Glen will get pounced off the ball.  KJ as a lone striker is not good for us.  Far too many Voom kick ball sailing wide or over him.  The ones that dont, drop so short that he ha to race to it.  Man talking bout his hold up play but look at the shit balls he does get to ha to try an make something happen.  Not one single ball given to him in Mexico where he could easily do something with.  The one decent cross from Skilla drop short but man want to blame KJ fuh dat too.  KJ does expend more energy trying to corrall errant passes than getting to attempt at goal.  And this assness about not trying to win balls from defenders is utter nonsense.  Jones does be runnin at defenders tryin to knock ball around all the time.  He isn't often successful but that is not for lack of effort.  I find we overly critical of jones when in reality the team fails to take advantage of the very attributes for which he is feared.  Imagine you have a 6"2' 200lb beast up front an he cah get ah decen ball to head?  Man want to talk bout lack of motivation an various assorted f**kries when he goin een hard in the air fuh 50/50 balls aginst the keeper who gets the advantage of using his hands fuh extra height.  Curb allyuh enthusiasm with the mob mentality and see things for what is is, we fail miserable at utalizing KJ to his full potential based on a lack of skill in midfield and on the wing.

true talk. if de midfield and wings were paid per cross, dey would starve.

1]; } ?>