April 19, 2024, 10:00:57 PM

Author Topic: Question re: Strike Squad midfield  (Read 2642 times)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Question re: Strike Squad midfield
« on: June 07, 2009, 08:39:57 PM »
After watching how we shape up yesterday, i was reminded of the Strike squad era as the tactics were very similar. For those who were able to really analyse our tactics back in those days, it was really a case of defend well, play with heart and then we attacking up the left side with Latapy and Leonson.

Now it seems Latas doing the same as Gally, only we going up the right side with Carlos and Tinto.

I just cah figure out who used to be the 4th player in midfield for the Strike Squad after Latas, Kerry Jamerson and Hutson Charles cause I can't picture them having a right winger/midfielder. Any body could recall? And doh tell me Yorke cause he and Latas never used to play together until probably Nov 19th.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Question re: Strike Squad midfield
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 08:42:49 PM »
Elliot-Allen with de 35 yard rockets
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 08:43:24 PM »
Hutson Charles play on de right, elliott allen on de left, jamerson as defensive mid, and latas in de middle

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 08:51:18 PM »
Paul Elliot Allen of the high top infamy ! Nice man...memories indeed!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 09:37:00 PM »
Hutson Charles play on de right, elliott allen on de left, jamerson as defensive mid, and latas in de middle

Cyah remember Allen playin all I remember meh mudder goin 2 she grave vex wit Gally 4 strtin Allen instead of we boi Barber.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 10:18:56 PM »

Floyd Lawrence also played in that 'bolt' position

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 10:28:30 PM »

Floyd Lawrence also played in that 'bolt' position

He I remember
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 11:05:16 PM »
Me and elliot used to play for a side from Simeon Rd named Rangers back in de 70's

we used to be in de league in Four Roads, we nemesis was Carenage United...dey had a playe nae crab used to cork we bad bad.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 12:31:27 AM »
After watching how we shape up yesterday, i was reminded of the Strike squad era as the tactics were very similar. For those who were able to really analyse our tactics back in those days, it was really a case of defend well, play with heart and then we attacking up the left side with Latapy and Leonson.

Now it seems Latas doing the same as Gally, only we going up the right side with Carlos and Tinto.

Defend well?  :o

Yuh watch de game yesterday spidey?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 05:37:21 AM »

De man say in those days. I guessing he showing the contrast.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 05:59:45 AM »

De man say in those days. I guessing he showing the contrast.

Yuh read d man post Palos? Is d SQ not d SW he takin bout.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 06:00:26 AM »
The Strike Squad was a much faster team when going forward. And they use to drop back quicker. I never seen all their games. The first US game I saw, Maurice Alabey was the man who stood out. Speed!! If only he had more staminor. I thought he would have started in HCS on that faithful day, but the coach thought otherwise.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 06:21:28 AM »
If we looking for another Jameson- Then play Birchill instead of SPann

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 06:31:24 AM »

I thinking along the lines that is d plan.  Playing 3 midfielders who primary role is to defend and Tinto have the weight to do the attacking along with Carlos. It didn't work in the first game but Gally had a couple years together with that side to get the defense organised. I think by August we could have it working, especially if Spann come home and sweat so Latas could work with the local based.

Silvio Spann and Trent Noel are better offensive threats than Birchall as they could control the tempo of the game and see the through pass, which is why they were picked.Their job was supposed to be run box to box while Dwight sit and hold. Hyland could fall in for one of those before Birchall does. Going forward Birchall first touch lets him down so his only asset is his shot. In this current system, Birchall may have to be the replacement for Yorkie in order to start so we could send Theobald back to Cali and bring in Guerra to learn the trade under Latas.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 06:49:14 AM »

I just cah figure out who used to be the 4th player in midfield for the Strike Squad after Latas, Kerry Jamerson and Hutson Charles cause I can't picture them having a right winger/midfielder. Any body could recall? And doh tell me Yorke cause he and Latas never used to play together until probably Nov 19th.

Ahmmm....dat fella would be marvelous marvin faustin!!! he was therapy for any defense on that right flank...jamerson was one of our best ball winners to play for trinidad.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 06:53:02 AM »
Nah Faustin and Brian Williams was wing backs...but Faustin definetly add to the whole "dong de left with Latas and Leonson" cause he had the engine to run the flank whole game...in fact he still does !

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 06:59:23 AM »
Phoq is dis sh!t?

How strike squad come in this. That era dead and gone and has little to no relevance to the present day squad.

All yuh starting to sound like England, every time they loss they does bring up the 66 WC winning team and try to compare the two.

give it a rest fuh phoq's sake!!

Més que un club.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 09:15:53 AM »
Phoq is dis sh!t?

How strike squad come in this. That era dead and gone and has little to no relevance to the present day squad.

All yuh starting to sound like England, every time they loss they does bring up the 66 WC winning team and try to compare the two.

Is a tactical discussion. If you doh know bout them thing stay d phoq of this thread and go and watch Messi and Xavi and masturbate.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 10:34:07 AM »
Phoq is dis sh!t?

Is a tactical discussion. If you doh know bout them thing stay d phoq of this thread and go and watch Messi and Xavi and masturbate.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

1]; } ?>