March 29, 2024, 03:48:49 AM

Author Topic: Warner: Difficult for T&T to qualify.  (Read 7970 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner: Difficult for T&T to qualify.
« on: June 07, 2009, 09:57:47 PM »
Warner: Difficult for T&T to qualify.
By: Francis Joseph (T&T Guardian).

Jack Warner, special advisor to the TTFF, was a disappointed man at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Tobago, on Saturday night. He just could not believe that the Soca Warriors lost the World Cup qualifier 3-2 to Costa Rica.

“That was the best I have seen of the players in this round. Latapy (Russell) did a good job. I still think we could qualify, but it would be difficult,” Warner said. Warner, vice-president of Fifa, went to the Soca Warriors’ dressing room at the stadium, to console the players. But the players did not need a shoulder to cry on. They were upbeat, despite the loss, in which they took the lead, only to lose in the second half.

Warner, along with TTFF president, Oliver Camps, and his first vice-president, Raymond Tim Kee, found the players, breathing some kind of relief that the historic Tobago match was over. They would have preferred a better result, but they are looking forward to the other six matches. Despite his incredible record for Sunderland in the English Premiership, Kenwyne Jones has been scoreless for T&T in this final round for South Africa 2010. But he took on the role of barman inside the dressing room.

He was making jokes, and opening bottles for players and their guests. Asked how he felt about the game, Jones said, “That is what sport is all about, but I would not worry, we are going off to Mexico, and who knows what can happen there.” His Sunderland colleague, Carlos Edwards, was still reminiscing about the goal he scored to give T&T the lead. He was not down to take the spot kick, but on the urging of the coach, he stepped up and scored a beauty. “I felt great after that goal, I was just hoping that we would have kept the lead and won the match.”

The match was the first World Cup game to be played in Tobago, and the Government was well-represented. President George Maxwell Richards was there as usual giving his support to the Soca Warriors, along with Chief Justice Ivor Archie. Among the other dignitaries were Ministers Colm Imbert, Donna Cox, Esther Le Gendre, Peter Taylor, Renee Dumas,Gary Hunt, deputy speaker, Penny Beckles, and former minster, Dr keith Rowley. THA secretary, Orville London, was also present, along with Governor of the Central Bank, Ewart Williams.

It was certainly a big event for the sister isle. There was traffic for hours outside the stadium after the match. Every rum shop and bar from the stadium to Crown Point were filled. At Crown Point, thousands gathered near the airport, having a good time. Warner said, “this is happening when he lost, what would have happened if we had won?” Asked if Tobago would get another World Cup match, Warner said, “time would tell.”

Fifa vice-president and Concacaf boss, Jack Warner, left, chats with Soca Warriors striker, Jason Scotland, right and goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams in the dressing room after the team’s 3-2 loss to Costa Rica in their 2010 Concacaf World Cup qualifier at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet on Saturday night. Photo: Anthony Harris
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 07:21:24 AM by Flex »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner: Difficult for T&T to qualify
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 10:03:43 PM »
wow after the match ,I was stressed and angry.guess u got to stay positive for Mex.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 10:05:24 PM »
wow after the match ,I was stressed and angry.guess u got to stay positive for Mex.

I was more upset v ES. After a yr plus of brand cobeau it was good 2 c a good performance despite d result.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 06:26:38 AM »
Looking at Warner and the smile on the players face, I guess it was just another game and on to the next.
 Maybe that is what being a professional player is about- Lets move on to the other game.
 Oh well- How I long for my Savannah days under the Grand Stand- PSA- Poor house.
 Men cried like babies when the lose a match and others had faces as if their mother had died.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 06:32:36 AM »
And Kenwyne making jokes and playing barman...steups...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 07:10:21 AM »
He should fired Mats and make Latas the coach since the first Bermuda lost instead of looking to stir up commess with the UNC-A.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 07:15:32 AM »
He should fired Mats and make Latas the coach since the first Bermuda lost instead of looking to stir up commess with the UNC-A.
:devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 07:20:46 AM »

If only Kenwyne could play football half as well as he could play barman

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 07:21:32 AM »

I was more upset v ES. After a yr plus of brand cobeau it was good 2 c a good performance despite d result.

Cosign....

Ah upset with Jack, if only he had done the obvious since last year who knows how much good football we would have seen....*sigh* oh well....on to Mexico....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner: Difficult for T&T to qualify.
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 07:50:55 AM »
After warner burst the world cup bubble blacklist the players etc now he realize it would be hard to qualify
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 12:08:14 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 08:39:26 AM »
I don't think that the boys hsould be that down that they should be sulking. When put into perspective, not a bad outting.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 08:42:43 AM »

I was more upset by Bermuda and Grenada, the 2007 Gold Cup and the fact that we let the program suffer for 2 years. After all that failing ot beat Honduras and El Salvador and losing to the US and Costa Rica is not a surprise to me at all.

I wouldn't even blame the blacklist because the foreign-based players not playing in non-WC years is part of the usual cycle. Have a cheap coach with only locals until qualifiers start - Hire a more expensive one to get to the hex, foreign-based start to show up - Realize that we cannot cut it in the Hex and hire a coach for a final push, the big names come out of retirement (suddenly they could get away from they club committments). We get lucky once thanks to the stars aligning with Don Leo showing up and having to compete with 3 teams as bad as Panama, Guatemala and Bahrain. Them particular circumstances not happening soon.

This time the carousel was Wim - Mats - Latas, before that

Stuart Charles - Bertille - Don Leo, and before that

Bertille - Porters - Simoes.

But the fans does fall into the trap calling for the coach head and then praising Jack, the man who install the coach, when he get rid of him. And every game we loss we shouldna loss so we call for this player to get drop or that formation change when all the changes in the world is just cosmetic.

I hope that Latas could stay there for as long as possible, give a good showing in the next Digicel and we could work on improving in the Gold Cup. Even now 2014 should not be a goal because all that means is when 2014 come around the cycle starting over. The goal is to make the team better tomorrow than it was yeasterday, however long it take.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 09:00:56 AM »
Yep I want latas to stay ,weather we going SA or not. That was a great 1 st half from us and we did embarrass ourselves ,like against the US with Mats .
I also believe ,if were noe going to SA for sure we should start bringing een the Kids corps .
Start building from the back outwards .

Glenroy Samuel ..Primas..Blature...Julius..Yohance Marshall
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 11:28:54 AM by Quagmire »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 09:01:47 AM »
Has the team flown out yet?
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 09:30:43 AM »
yea Jack...I wonder why it became so difficult  ::)

1) 2006- Leo left, Wim in charge
2) Wim not allowed to play blacklisted players
3) Wim developed and had the pro league players looking very good
4) "TD" LP (who does what again?) forces Wim out
5) Maturana enters... and allowed to pick most blacklisted players
6) Does not do half the job Wim did with the locals
7) After a year of madness(INCLUDING NOT QUALIFYING FOR THE GOLD CUP)...A year too late..Maturana is fired
8 ) Latapy in charge

We wasted 2007-2008... blacklist...politics...bullshit

hopefully we dont make the same mistake in the future

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 09:44:03 AM »
7) After a year of madness(INCLUDING NOT QUALIFYING FOR THE GOLD CUP)...A year too late..Maturana is fired

You "forgot" to mention the small matter of qualifying for the Hex in your year of madness.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 09:45:30 AM »
Well said Small Mag- An excellent analysis of our predicament today. If we dont deal with the problem the problem will deal with us. Changes should have been made after the Bermuda fiasco. Let us hope that Saturday's performance is a sign of things to come.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 09:52:03 AM »

You "forgot" to mention the small matter of qualifying for the Hex in your year of madness.

Ok fair enough.. but I was really pointing out his madness as in team selection and lack of motivation and our on field product was not good enough to qualify for a world cup... that should have been figured out when we lost 2-1 at home to bermuda

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 10:22:27 AM »

remember when West Indies get that cutarse in Jamaica and went to fete in the stands - and the fallout that ensued with public outrage?

We see the same thing in Trini Football in the US after the 3-0 loss, and Saturday after the 3-2 loss. Fellas have no shame, no pride whatsoever - if you as a professional not hurting after a loss infront of your dedicated home fans, you have to wonder if you have any passion and pride in wearing your national colours.

What the hell is alcohol doing in the dressing room after the game anyways?
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 10:27:14 AM »

Cosign....

Ah upset with Jack, if only he had done the obvious since last year who knows how much good football we would have seen....*sigh* oh well....on to Mexico....

ent!!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2009, 10:55:17 AM »
Well said Small Mag- An excellent analysis of our predicament today. If we dont deal with the problem the problem will deal with us. Changes should have been made after the Bermuda fiasco. Let us hope that Saturday's performance is a sign of things to come.
But i saying the same thing now for months and every body was telling meh tuh be optimistic. man chanting mantras and all kinda ting, now look! IF YUH FAIL TO PREPARE THEN PREPARE TUH FAIL! that's the only mantra i know and wants to know!!

i glad jack eh get nothing out of the hex , fack him!!!! yuh feel yuh could make all that mischief and get positive results. all the bullshyte he talk bout we going tuh SA2010 and we would do it with the youths, now he braught back all the vetrans tuh save his pocket, and it STILL blowing up in his face! THAT GOOD FUH YUH!!

ah only hope latas stay on as coach BC sataurday was the first time we looked like ah team since 2006 WC.
jack warner!! eat crow yuh one track minded jacka$$!! that's what yuh get for being ah disruptive c#nt.
IF YUH FAIL TUH PREPARE , PREPARE TUH FAIL!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2009, 11:02:22 AM »
Scotty foil the plan!!! the pr!ck miss two easy sitters!! now is back too the drawing board!!

the only goals we got so far in the hex was from the midfield! how shamfeful! and they still insist on them two non scoring bums.

our strikers can't even put away sitters.

it seems the only strikers scoring for we is STERN & roberts.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2009, 11:05:28 AM »
Scotty foil the plan!!! the pr!ck miss two easy sitters!! now is back too the drawing board!!

the only goals we got so far in the hex was from the midfield! how shamfeful! and they still insist on them two non scoring bums.

How yuh go blame scotty when everytime we score, Costa Rica simply stepped up their game and we were powerless to stop them?

The defence..or more appropriately, lack of one...is why we lost.  Not because of missed chances.  If yuh bein honest, yuh would realize that Costa Rica missed AT LEAST 3 gilt edged chances of their own.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2009, 11:23:37 AM »

How yuh go blame scotty when everytime we score, Costa Rica simply stepped up their game and we were powerless to stop them?

The defence..or more appropriately, lack of one...is why we lost.  Not because of missed chances.  If yuh bein honest, yuh would realize that Costa Rica missed AT LEAST 3 gilt edged chances of their own.

by d same token Noel is ah bum to den, his chances was jus as easy, day by day I gettin to realize dis forums full ah gas bags an' hot heads
I pity the fool....

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009, 11:28:28 AM »

by d same token Noel is ah bum to den, his chances was jus as easy, day by day I gettin to realize dis forums full ah gas bags an' hot heads

Noel had the two easiest chances..

The 1 on 1 with the keeper, the shitty costa rican keeper spread on the ground and he frankoment kick it wide.

Then he hit the post with the goal at his mercy.

Cant remember Scotty having it so easy.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009, 11:31:06 AM »

The only forkin gas bags is you and palos satan! scotty is ah forkin BUM!!! FULL STOP! imagine for the hex not one goal from the front men after 4 games!! that is unacceptable!!! noel i could excuse BC he was running up and down like ah horse helping our porus defence so fatigue could've been ah factor, but what was scotty's excuse for missing two easy chances!!

like ah certin member said, NO STERN = NO WC!! I WILL GO AS FAR TO SAY, NO STERN AND ROBERTS  = NO GOALS COMMING FROM THE FRONT LINE!! only goals from the rear!!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009, 11:32:31 AM »

The only forkin gas bags is you and palos satan! scotty is ah forkin BUM!!! FULL STOP! imagine for the hex not one goal from the front men after 4 games!! that is unacceptable!!! noel i could excuse BC he was running up and down like ah horse helping our porus defence so fatigue could've been ah factor, but what was scotty's excuse for missing two easy chances!!

like ah certin member said, NO STERN = NO WC!! I WILL GO AS FAR TO SAY, NO STERN AND ROBERTS  = NO GOALS COMMING FROM THE FRONT LINE!! only goals from the rear!!

when last yuh see Roberts play?

I said 'see' eh, not read about.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009, 11:33:44 AM »

.................. little else need sayin here..................hot head
I pity the fool....

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 11:36:10 AM »

when last yuh see Roberts play?

I said 'see' eh, not read about.
Daiz the Problem ,we dont get to see him sense he scored to get us into the hex !. The man never get call back.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2009, 11:49:06 AM »

.................. little else need sayin here..................hot head
What yuh want from me dread?? go look confusion with someone else nah pardner! i not in the grumblin wid no guy, so leave me be nah dread! pretty forkin please!!

1]; } ?>