April 18, 2024, 05:51:17 PM

Author Topic: Latapy pleased with Warriors despite defeat.  (Read 9907 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy pleased with Warriors despite defeat.
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2009, 11:11:42 AM »
We're simply not good enough no matter who you pick.

Kenwyne Jones, Christopher Birchall, Dog, whoever....it doh matter.  I doh think we could play much better than we did on Saturday and we still lost at home.

Yuh could shuffle de deck all yuh want.  Is still de same deck yuh playin wit.

ah disagree wid dis part palos. we cud play MUCH better dan wat we play saturday

i doh understand some men on dis forum.  allyuh expecting all of a sudden to come from losing almost every game to winnin a game in two weeks. allyuh feel we is chelsea ah wah? for d two weeks latas had d team u cud have seen an obvious IMPROVEMENT. with more time an wid more matches under we belt we go get better within dis administration.

allyuh cud talk and fight down all allyuh want but i lookin at dis ting objectively an d team has made some drastic improvements in d midfield an d defence. ah not sayin we should dettle for mediocrity but lewwe give props where d props due nah

I definitely saw improvements in the attacking part of the game.

It was great to see our players hustling the opposition when they had the ball and yes...definite improvement there.

But I doh know what defensive improvement you referrin to. 

However...I realizin dat dis board is becoming very much one where if yuh hold a different opinion to de massive and actually share it, yuh immediately branded as fightin down de team, peeps start questionin if yuh is a supporter or not and all kinda ting.  Ah guess is a kinda herd mentality.

No scene.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2009, 11:19:53 AM »
Palos the deck short four aces in Sancho ,Cyd,Roberts and whitley.And Jack is the high card.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2009, 11:21:17 AM »

Kenwyne Jones, Christopher Birchall, Dog, whoever....it doh matter.  I doh think we could play much better than we did on Saturday and we still lost at home.

ah disagree wid dis part palos. we cud play MUCH better dan wat we play saturday

i doh understand some men on dis forum.  allyuh expecting all of a sudden to come from losing almost every game to winnin a game in two weeks. allyuh feel we is chelsea ah wah? for d two weeks latas had d team u cud have seen an obvious IMPROVEMENT. with more time an wid more matches under we belt we go get better within dis administration.

allyuh cud talk and fight down all allyuh want but i lookin at dis ting objectively an d team has made some drastic improvements in d midfield an d defence. ah not sayin we should dettle for mediocrity but lewwe give props where d props due nah

It was great to see our players hustling the opposition when they had the ball and yes...definite improvement there.

However...I realizin dat dis board is becoming very much one where if yuh hold a different opinion to de massive and actually share it, yuh immediately branded as fightin down de team, peeps start questionin if yuh is a supporter or not and all kinda ting.  Ah guess is a kinda herd mentality.

No scene.

There was definite defensive improvement in the wingback positions.. Carlos and Avery was cleaning up on the wings.. The problem was in the centre.. I dont care what nobody say, a younger defender than Dog wouldve taken a couple steps forward before diving to butt on the second goal.. the defensive positioning in the central two was off..

Also the midfield hustle in the first half meant that Costa Rican attacks were limited and we were controlling the midfield. I was surprised by this since when i saw the lineup it looked like Yorke was the only one in the hole to do the dog work.. But he was getting cover from Spann and Noel until the second half when he bun.

But this lineup was largely tactical..

Don't expect to see the 'no left winger' formation in future games, and also who is to say Carlos want to stay as a right back?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 11:25:20 AM by omarldinho »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2009, 11:29:42 AM »
Whn last Palos say something good about the side? Oh wait...under Maturana he was signing them praises.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2009, 11:33:58 AM »

No scene.

[/quote]
       I like this too bad,i never thought i would of hear certain people say this,however it eh becoming it like this long time,well said Palos.

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2009, 11:39:38 AM »
Scotland finishing was poor!!! I can't understand a hitman like that in England, can't make the goalkeeper work at least. He looked like a local based striker. Kenwyn is also a disappointment. Why? He is a BIG player. He is TnT most expensive product at the moment and he really not showing it. He plays in one of the MOST toughest league in he WORLD against some rugged defenders and he can't get a shot on GOAL?

Tinto is a nice talent. He needs more exposure. Nice, quick nippy player; I figure he was nervous. I am not the coach. We on here are not in Latapy's shoes. We not there at the training pitch to see what is goin on. But I believe, that is time to expose the younger players. Give them a chance. Tinto was given a chance, and I think he did well. He final cross or final pass let him down. Give other young players chances too. When Dog and Tallest and Avery, leave, we in go be worse off. Who is there to replace them? Thomas is not a young fella either. Are fresh defenders goin to be brought in just like that and expect to perform at that high level?? Hell no. They to be exposed now. Jus watch the USA team and how they do a GREAT job in their transition of players. Akel Edwards, despite some poor performances, should still be around to gain the experience after Avery leaves.

Trinidad should also keep Latapy in the helm and work in the long run. Those Under 20's are the KEY!! Keep them together. Put some of them in the senior mix NOW!!!! Let them gain the experience. TnT is thinks in the short term. For example, Germany was great, but I think it set up back a bit. Why? We only focus on now for now results. Look at Jamaica. They made the 1998 WC and they gone 2 steps behind. Same shit with TnT............

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2009, 11:41:23 AM »

There was definite defensive improvement in the wingback positions.. Carlos and Avery was cleaning up on the wings.. The problem was in the centre.. I dont care what nobody say, a younger defender than Dog wouldve taken a couple steps forward before diving to butt on the second goal.. the defensive positioning in the central two was off..

Also the midfield hustle in the first half meant that Costa Rican attacks were limited and we were controlling the midfield. I was surprised by this since when i saw the lineup it looked like Yorke was the only one in the hole to do the dog work.. But he was getting cover from Spann and Noel until the second half when he bun.

But this lineup was largely tactical..

Don't expect to see the 'no left winger' formation in future games, and also who is to say Carlos want to stay as a right back?

Really? Why beat up on Dog? Defensively as things unfolded, he was in as good a position as could have been expected.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2009, 11:45:41 AM »
imagine none of our goals scored thus far in the campaign were by our strikers.... :-[
if they can't score, we can't expect to win!
i may be too harsh and too critical, but name a team that does well without their strikers scoring?
i await to see a different result against Mexico....

People critical of the team defending, but regardless of how good a job you do in organization, defending is based on the individual first and then the collective.

it's a team game...a collective unit is by far more potent in that division...we have good defenders but a shaky defense
leave the individuality to our star strikers who can't put a ball in the back of the net

bring the zamora
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2009, 11:46:05 AM »
Palos the deck short four aces in Sancho ,Cyd,Roberts and whitley.And Jack is the high card.

Sancho -32 years old
Cyd - 36 years old
Aurtis Whitley - 32 years old

Only Roberts - 26 years old....is able PHYSICALLY to be an asset to this team in THIS competition.

You add dem oddah 3 "aces" to de team and guaranteed we BUN by halftime.  Game over in 46 minutes.  If we coulda have 7 substitutes we woulda be in good shape..but alas...we only allowed 3.

truetrini

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2009, 11:46:35 AM »
like Dog forget to pray?

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2009, 11:47:41 AM »
Really Doc,I want to know why dog ,left his man unmarked still ,and run to help cover for Carlos ? Did he think Carlos would lose his man ,even so the Costa Rican would pass it so close the line .
Anyway his man collected the pass ,and he desperatly tried a header ,is his fault for leaving his man unmarked .
The CR coach said ,he saw the TnT team drop there heads after that and went for blood .

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2009, 11:50:17 AM »
Whn last Palos say something good about the side? Oh wait...under Maturana he was signing them praises.

Let's turn that on it's head shall we.

Before this game on saturday, when last u say anyting good bout de side....despite de fact dat under all de ole talk and abuse....de "corbeaux brand" actually qualify we fuh de Hex, got 2 points and didn't lorse at home in de Hex.

Allyuh want to look nice and pretty and tek LIXXX.  Me...I prefer de ugly gyal who could at least get some points and results.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2009, 11:53:47 AM »

Sancho -32 years old
Cyd - 36 years old

Only Roberts - 26 years old....is able PHYSICALLY to be an asset to this team in THIS competition.

You add dem oddah 3 "aces" to de team and guaranteed we BUN by halftime.  Game over in 46 minutes.  If we coulda have 7 substitutes we woulda be in good shape..but alas...we only allowed 3.
You sure Cyd so old? I thought he was 32/33.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2009, 11:55:34 AM »

Before this game on saturday, when last u say anyting good bout de side....despite de fact dat under all de ole talk and abuse....de "corbeaux brand" actually qualify we fuh de Hex, got 2 points and didn't lorse at home in de Hex.

Allyuh want to look nice and pretty and tek LIXXX.  Me...I prefer de ugly gyal who could at least get some points and results.

Doh worry we go lose and look improved with Latas!!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2009, 12:00:56 PM »

Sancho -32 years old
Cyd - 36 years old

Either way ,until Primus.....Julius .....Marshall.....Blatuea<spelling> get some seasoning,all those 4 guys would be great to shore up our entire team defense.We doh really need this kinda patch work fefense for the wings,Akile ,Silvio,Carlos?or Dog in there .Hope Whitley training his arse of like he said he would too.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2009, 12:03:34 PM »
Why was Dwight Yorke not substituted in the 2nd half when it was CLEAR to even his biggest groupies (excluding Latapy) that he was TOAST?

If yuh make a decision to NOT start Christopher Birchall (a correct one as it turned olut because both Noel & Spann performed the Birchall role very well....and are better passers of the ball than Birchall), why bring Birchy on as a sub in de 2nd half when yuh need to score?  What exactly was he supposed to provide at that point?  Which brings me back to the question above, why was Dwight Yorke NOT subbed and Hyland brought on in his place?  Ah mean...is Hyland did save we blushes against Honduras ent?

Unless de plan was to play Dwight Yorke into match fitness no matter how much HE BUN in a must not lose WCQ....much like how de "plan" was to let Stern John get confidence fuh "down de road" by takin de penalty against El Salvador.
Hyland wasn't on the bench.

Thanx CB.  Didn't know that.  Latas mus be give him compassion leave.

Palos,  you honestly tink Hyland would ah make ah difference....das ah big steeeuupppppeeess.  Hyland does look like he doh have a clue what to do next.  I want to know when you see Hyland play a game that was a game to say...Yes! dis man could play.  It have no way, Hyland would ah out-play ah roast Yorke, nyder would he have played better dan Span or Trent.  De yute young and he have plenty to learn......And doh even talk bout de goal wha Hyland score against Honduras because dat goal was not suppose to score (You and I know dat)...we had to tank we lucky stars dat his de poor attempt on goal went in we favor.  I not crying dong Hyland, but I just don't see him fitting into dis team at de moment

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2009, 12:17:29 PM »

Sancho -32 years old
Cyd - 36 years old

Either way ,until Primus.....Julius .....Marshall.....Blatuea<spelling> get some seasoning,all those 4 guys would be great to shore up our entire team defense.We doh really need this kinda patch work fefense for the wings,Akile ,Silvio,Carlos?or Dog in there .Hope Whitley training his arse of like he said he would too.

So wha kinda "seasoning" yuh feel go be good to use? Pimento? Chadon Beni? Celery? Cuz we certainly eh have no thyme.
We doh even have no Gold Cup where we could try out something and see in a competitive environment. I eh even hear a peep from de TTFF as to wha we goin and do between the 10 of June and the 12 of August. So dem men just might be going back home and breeze....den hadda report to dey clubs in August...and we scrambling as usual. As i said...we like doing it the hard way.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2009, 12:19:17 PM »
Why was Dwight Yorke not substituted in the 2nd half when it was CLEAR to even his biggest groupies (excluding Latapy) that he was TOAST?

If yuh make a decision to NOT start Christopher Birchall (a correct one as it turned olut because both Noel & Spann performed the Birchall role very well....and are better passers of the ball than Birchall), why bring Birchy on as a sub in de 2nd half when yuh need to score?  What exactly was he supposed to provide at that point?  Which brings me back to the question above, why was Dwight Yorke NOT subbed and Hyland brought on in his place?  Ah mean...is Hyland did save we blushes against Honduras ent?

Unless de plan was to play Dwight Yorke into match fitness no matter how much HE BUN in a must not lose WCQ....much like how de "plan" was to let Stern John get confidence fuh "down de road" by takin de penalty against El Salvador.

Palos,  you honestly tink Hyland would ah make ah difference....das ah big steeeuupppppeeess.  Hyland does look like he doh have a clue what to do next.  I want to know when you see Hyland play a game that was a game to say...Yes! dis man could play.  It have no way, Hyland would ah out-play ah roast Yorke, nyder would he have played better dan Span or Trent.  De yute young and he have plenty to learn......And doh even talk bout de goal wha Hyland score against Honduras because dat goal was not suppose to score (You and I know dat)...we had to tank we lucky stars dat his de poor attempt on goal went in we favor.  I not crying dong Hyland, but I just don't see him fitting into dis team at de moment

See an optometrist fella.  Hyland is class and he still developing.  Maybe because you're not impressed you don't pay attention to him.  He covers well on defense and gets positively involved in the offense.  Not sure if I would have played him that game considering the mental turmoil he may be facing with his brothers death.  On any other day him on fuh ah bun Yorke requires no thought to execute.  Matter of factly I think in certain situations having him start might be a shrewd move.  

I hope latas decides to stop the past experiment that saw Aklie at LB when he doesn't usually play that position.  People have been overly critical of that yute while absolving other out of position defenders and I don't quite understand why.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the lineup though.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2009, 01:01:25 PM »

See an optometrist fella.  Hyland is class and he still developing.  Maybe because you're not impressed you don't pay attention to him.  He covers well on defense and gets positively involved in the offense.  Not sure if I would have played him that game considering the mental turmoil he may be facing with his brothers death.  On any other day him on fuh ah bun Yorke requires no thought to execute.  Matter of factly I think in certain situations having him start might be a shrewd move.  

I hope latas decides to stop the past experiment that saw Aklie at LB when he doesn't usually play that position.  People have been overly critical of that yute while absolving other out of position defenders and I don't quite understand why.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the lineup though.

Flickin Killa, like you Flickin mad oui!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2009, 01:06:31 PM »

You jes vex yuh boy faddah leff he ass on de bench whole match... ;D

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2009, 01:08:46 PM »

He wasn't on de bench either.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2009, 01:14:29 PM »

Flickin Killa, like you Flickin mad oui!

I mad and you blind and drunk, seems even if yuh ax me :D

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2009, 01:20:07 PM »

Palos, yuh take de words right off mih keyboard....and to make matters worse he wasn't even on the team at all, at all....lawd when I hear dat I say kiffy drop dead behind he pc/laptop....glad to see yuh in one piece kiffy.... :devil: ;D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 01:22:39 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2009, 02:02:11 PM »

I doh think we could play much better than we did on Saturday

I highly doubt that for our sake.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2009, 02:04:09 PM »
DROP IMPASSSSSSSSSSSSS
bajanscout

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2009, 02:28:15 PM »

However...I realizin dat dis board is becoming very much one where if yuh hold a different opinion to de massive and actually share it, yuh immediately branded as fightin down de team, peeps start questionin if yuh is a supporter or not and all kinda ting.  Ah guess is a kinda herd mentality.No scene.

palos palos... no whey in my post i fight u dong bredder! i take een your opinion, den i give my opinion. one love still  :beermug:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2009, 03:40:26 PM »
If we can get our defence straight then we beating every single one ah dem team dem...the way i see CR buckle when we start to run at dem..till dem didnt kno what to do wid demselves...but we defence ease the pressure and give dem gifts that we cannot afford....but hats off to the attacking part of the team....best performance i see going forward and takin it to a team in donkey years.

Sadly i really doh see where our defensive revamp comin from...where de options...it only hah striker and midfielder in Trinidad or wah....i wish we had options to replace our two central defenders.....and i like the way Tinto was defending too but nobody eh talkin bout that.....hope he settle down and hope he get another start against mexico
Vast improvement warriors....sadly it's too late for improvement, we need results...if only latas did get the chair  after that Bermuda game...but makes no sense thinkin bout dem tings now....mexico gettin dey tail cut in dem own city...we doh business...is licks...warriors allyuh could more that do it doh let go that fire allyuh come out wid ....licks for mexico and all others to come
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline swood

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2009, 04:16:59 PM »

Well said Palos...For those who believe WCQ is about playing attractive football first and results after...we will have more time to talk about it when we watch the rest of the footballing nations that brought the results participate in South Africa.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2009, 05:48:29 PM »

Well said Palos...For those who believe WCQ is about playing attractive football first and results after...we will have more time to talk about it when we watch the rest of the footballing nations that brought the results participate in South Africa.

Ok Bring back Maturana, there I said it...steups!!...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2009, 06:54:35 PM »

Ok Bring back Maturana, there I said it...steups!!...

So in essence, wuh yuh really mean is bring back A.Edwards and Wolfe as we wing backs ;D

1]; } ?>