March 28, 2024, 08:08:10 AM

Author Topic: Latapy pleased with Warriors despite defeat.  (Read 9853 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Latapy pleased with Warriors despite defeat.
« on: June 08, 2009, 07:17:32 AM »
Latapy pleased with Warriors despite defeat.
By: Lasana Liburd (T&T Express).

RIGHT DIRECTION

New Trinidad and Tobago head coach Russell Latapy received an ovation from some journalists when he entered Saturday night's post-game press conference, while Costa Rican coach Rodrigo Kenton admitted the "Ticos" were stunned early by the energy of the "Soca Warriors".

The final 2010 World Cup qualifying result read 3-2 in favour of Costa Rica at the Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolet, but Latapy insisted the Warriors were on the rise.

"The players did what was asked of them," said Latapy. "They played with a lot of passion and movement. If I can get my team to play like that (consistently) I think the Trinidad and Tobago public would be very happy."

Costa Rica top the CONCACAF standings at present and, on Saturday, became the first team in the final round to win away from home. But Kenton, who addressed the media in English, revealed that he had some nervous moments at the sidelines-particularly in the first half.

"I never thought Trinidad and Tobago would be so aggressive," said Kenton. "They had a good first half."

The home team used the height and strength of Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones to good effect in the first half, while Joe Public winger Hayden Tinto, who made his starting debut for the senior team, also threatened.

The Warriors attacked almost exclusively down the right flank through Tinto and goal scorer Carlos Edwards, who was outstanding at right back, while United Petrotrin midfielder Trent Noel-another World Cup debutant-was asked to tuck inside, on the other side, to help Silvio Spann and captain Dwight Yorke protect the middle of the park.

The teams were tied at 1-1 at the interval.

"I had information that their left side was strong," said Latapy, who had assistant coach Zoran Vranes scout Costa Rica's 3-1 win over the United States last week, "and we tried to strengthen our right side I think it went well for a long time."

Kenton was also impressed although both coaches differed in their assessment of Tinto. The Costa Rican boss was surprised the pint-sized dribbler did not emerge for the second half.

"The number 10 (Tinto) did very well," said Kenton, "and I thought the number 11 (Edwards) was a very interesting player."

Tinto's replacement, Collin Samuel, got on the score sheet and Latapy did not feel he made a premature substitution.

"(Tinto) is one of the players for the future," said Latapy. "He did well in training and he did well to get into the areas we wanted him to (on Saturday). But he was a bit nervous and his final ball wasn't good. So we brought on some experience."

Kenton felt certain Costa Rica would win after they drew level in the first half and an error by veteran defender Dennis Lawrence allowed 20-year-old Costa Rican rising star, Celso Borges, to shoot the visitors ahead in the 52nd minute.

"After we tied, I saw Trinidad and Tobago drop their resistance a little bit," said Costa Rica's coach. "I knew they couldn't keep up with that intensity throughout the 90 minutes."

Latapy replaced midfielder Silvio Spann with striker Cornell Glen in the 61st minute and, two minutes later, Glen was involved in the equaliser, which Samuel rammed home despite a touch from Costa Rican goalkeeper Keilor Navas.

"This is a game we wanted to win," said Latapy, as he explained the change. "We were down at the time so we wanted to open up the game."

But the switch from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 had a disastrous effect on the Warriors' rearguard.

"The desperation of Trinidad and Tobago gave us a lot of room," said Kenton. "I put in a few players to take advantage of the space they left behind."

Borges got the winner in the 69th minute as Costa Rica virtually walked the ball into the back of the net.

Latapy, who omitted Belgium-based midfielder Khaleem Hyland for a combination of tactical and personal reasons, introduced the workmanlike Chris Birchall for the final 24 minutes but, by then, the Warriors were resorting to long, fruitless balls towards Jones.

T&T's forwards have now gone four matches and close to seven months without a World Cup qualifying goal since Jones' strike against Cuba last November.

"You work on things to create chances but that is the game of football," said Latapy. "Sometimes you get chances and score a hat-trick and sometimes you get ten (chances) and score none."

Trinidad and Tobago appeared to run out of steam in the closing minutes but local fans are not used to their team starting so positively and Latapy hopes to keep the momentum.

"It gives me hope we are moving in the right direction," said Latapy.
Latapy makes encouraging start.
...but Warriors need fresh blood.
By: Lasana Liburd (T&T Express).

Russell Latapy had his chin in hand for the final 15 minutes of Trinidad and Tobago's 3-2 World Cup qualifying loss on Saturday at the Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolet. Perhaps he was protecting his neck.

An encouraging and enjoyable opening from the "Soca Warriors" had turned into a game of backs and forwards as the final whistle loomed and the hosts launched the ball aimlessly forward in the vain hope that giant Sunderland striker, Kenwyne Jones, could make magic from scraps.

Thirty-seven-year-old team captain and midfielder general, Dwight Yorke, was a spent force and nowhere to be seen. At the back, 33-year-old Marvin Andrews could barely muster the power to propel his punts beyond the halfway line.

Costa Rica were clearly rattled at the start but, as the second half progressed, the growing composure of the "Ticos" had to do with more than just tactics and technique.

"Trinidad and Tobago had a good first half," said Costa Rica coach Rodrigo Kenton, "but I knew they couldn't keep up with that intensity throughout the 90 minutes."

Maybe Kenton had taken a glance at the Warriors' birthdates.

Richard, a Scarborough-based 42-year-old sidewalk salesman, pointed to the advanced ages of T&T's football heroes, two days before Tobago's historic World Cup fixture, and he must have nodded knowingly on Saturday.

"Our team is ancient and that means we don't have a good youth programme," Richard told the Express last Friday. "We are running on fumes."

For the second time in the final CONCACAF qualifying round, the Warriors lacked the legs to complete a promising start.

Away to El Salvador, Trinidad and Tobago let a two-goal advantage slip in the final ten minutes. If the Warriors had held on, they would have four points now and third place.

Instead, they are bottom from the Confederation's six teams and need home wins against El Salvador, Mexico and the United States as well as at least one road triumph over Mexico, Honduras or Costa Rica to grab fourth spot and a play-off berth against a South American nation.

Tactically, Latapy held his own for much of Saturday's outing.

For once, Jones received the type of early service that has been his staple diet in the English Premiership. Yorke had two midfield minders, which allowed him to effectively focus more on distribution and scheming, while Avery John made the left channel as hospitable as Guantanamo Bay and Carlos Edwards did not put a foot wrong at right back.

Even surprise pick, Hayden Tinto, did enough to justify his inclusion-at least, in theory-while Latapy's first change, Collin Samuel, was a qualified success.

But, after softening the challenger, it was the Warriors who were too weak to deliver the telling blow. Costa Rica are top dogs in CONCACAF at present and it is no shame to fall at their feet. Yet, as against El Salvador, the Warriors might have done better.

Latapy pointed to his strikers' inability to convert half-chances and it is now four World Cup qualifying games since Trinidad and Tobago got a goal from a frontman. But there is a bigger question for the young coach.

Where can Latapy find the required energy to improve his squad without losing too much of the poise offered by his veterans?

It would be foolish to pretend there is an easy answer to his dilemma. Latapy's predecessor, Francisco Maturana, persevered with the 24-year-old Aklie Edwards at left back, for instance, but he never came close to offering the protection of the limited but solid John.

Change for the heck of it will not help. Yet, surely the balance was off on Saturday.

Eight of Trinidad and Tobago's starting XI were 30 and over while the average age of the hosts stood at a shade under 31. In contrast, Costa Rica had just two players over 30 years old and their median was a virile 25.

Fresh-faced squads are a global trend in football, which has become increasingly athletic in the past decade.

The average age of Spanish and European champions Barcelona is just over 26. Italian conquerors Inter Milan also have an average age below 27, while Manchester United's tally stands at 27.2.

In Latapy's first team list, the 40-year-old icon suggested that he is not afraid to be adventurous or ruthless. He omitted his former Falkirk and 2006 World Cup teammate Densill Theobald and was not particularly interested in testing the claims of Khaleem Hyland and Chris Birchall, who both promised a goal before the weekend encounter.

Tinto, at 23 and without a national start, was a brave gamble that might have paid off handsomely if the pint-sized player kept his feet and nerve when behind the Costa Rican defence.

But Latapy must speculate again soon. His central midfield trio of Silvio Spann, Trent Noel and Yorke, despite a splendid start, is short on match fitness. At the back, either Lawrence or Andrews might flourish alongside a mean, spritely colt but there may be too many years between them for a pairing.

As in El Salvador, the Warriors gave reason for optimism to anxious supporters. But, once more, they were running on fumes at the death.

After Wednesday's torturous excursion to Mexico City-only Costa Rica have ever won at the Azteca Stadium, a statistic that owes more to medical science than football skill-Trinidad and Tobago must ensure that our meek finishes at Bacolet and San Salvador will not be repeated.

It is a challenge that Latapy, one of Trinidad and Tobago's most intelligent players, should relish.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 07:19:14 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy pleased with Warriors despite defeat.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 07:25:19 AM »
latapy will be a good coach down the line....
and lats should not be pleased cuz as a coach a loss is a loss...
he not there to just ensure the team play good some of the time...he is there to get the win
3 goals at home is not excusable, for the defenders, players, team and coach....sorry.
Latas we need a win!
whey boy!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 07:33:20 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/_lOaIq5YXDc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/_lOaIq5YXDc</a>
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 07:52:50 AM »
He should be, he did a good job. People critical of the team defending, but regardless of how good a job you do in organization, defending is based on the individual first and then the collective. Latas will have to learn how to use subs, even experience coaches get it wrong, but overall IMHO he did a first class job and should be  :applause: Yes fans are disappointed but is not like CR run ragged all over the T&T Team. CR work for that victory & on another day could have lost the game.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 08:02:06 AM »
Maybe Kenton had taken a glance at the Warriors' birthdates.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 08:12:50 AM »
For me, the only error Latas made was splitting up the Thomas/Lawrence partnership and bringing Dog. Too little mobility in the central defence and it showed..

But yuh hadda give Latas credit. When i see de lineup i say it was a regulation 4-4-2 with Spann at right back and Tinto playing de left wing.. Is when I see no left winger, I say wha de ass but in retrospect the man properly scout and act on the information. He neutralize their left side and also sorted out our wing back issues in one fell swoop. I agree with his assessment of Tinto too, if he wasn't a bag of nerves and provided some end product instead of water in he knee, it wouldve been a masterstroke..  In addition, for the first time in a long time we were getting some creativity from our midfield..

His changes I thought were spot on as well, with the exception of letting Yorke run the full 90. I would have brought on Birchall for Yorke around the 60th because Yorke wasn't giving nothing defensively in the hole. Men saying Hyland, but from the murmurs it seems like he ommitted Hyland for personal reasons which is understandable. But all in all its the best I see our boys play for a long time..

If we hadda lose i rather we lose like that, instead of that tepid performance against the USA.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 08:19:37 AM »
imagine none of our goals scored thus far in the campaign were by our strikers.... :-[
if they can't score, we can't expect to win!
i may be too harsh and too critical, but name a team that does well without their strikers scoring?
i await to see a different result against Mexico....

People critical of the team defending, but regardless of how good a job you do in organization, defending is based on the individual first and then the collective.

it's a team game...a collective unit is by far more potent in that division...we have good defenders but a shaky defense
leave the individuality to our star strikers who can't put a ball in the back of the net
whey boy!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 08:35:19 AM »
Why are journalists applauding? ???

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 08:38:26 AM »
imagine none of our goals scored thus far in the campaign were by our strikers.... :-[
i may be too harsh and too critical, but name a team that does well without their strikers scoring?

People critical of the team defending, but regardless of how good a job you do in organization, defending is based on the individual first and then the collective.

it's a team game...a collective unit is by far more potent in that division...we have good defenders but a shaky defense
leave the individuality to our star strikers who can't put a ball in the back of the net

That is why when people cry down Stern John I get upset.  He has a history of scoring, and he is tecvhnically more sound than all our forwards put together.

FOR ALL HIS SUCCESSES AT THE CLUB LEVEL, SCOTLAND HAS YET TO SHOW ANY PROMISE AS A NATIONAL STRIKER!

Jones tried harder this match was still lacking in technical ability.

No John no World Cup!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 08:51:38 AM »
Why was Dwight Yorke not substituted in the 2nd half when it was CLEAR to even his biggest groupies (excluding Latapy) that he was TOAST?

If yuh make a decision to NOT start Christopher Birchall (a correct one as it turned olut because both Noel & Spann performed the Birchall role very well....and are better passers of the ball than Birchall), why bring Birchy on as a sub in de 2nd half when yuh need to score?  What exactly was he supposed to provide at that point?  Which brings me back to the question above, why was Dwight Yorke NOT subbed and Hyland brought on in his place?  Ah mean...is Hyland did save we blushes against Honduras ent?

Unless de plan was to play Dwight Yorke into match fitness no matter how much HE BUN in a must not lose WCQ....much like how de "plan" was to let Stern John get confidence fuh "down de road" by takin de penalty against El Salvador.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 08:54:25 AM »
For me, the only error Latas made was splitting up the Thomas/Lawrence partnership and bringing Dog. Too little mobility in the central defence and it showed..

But yuh hadda give Latas credit. When i see de lineup i say it was a regulation 4-4-2 with Spann at right back and Tinto playing de left wing.. Is when I see no left winger, I say wha de ass but in retrospect the man properly scout and act on the information. He neutralize their left side and also sorted out our wing back issues in one fell swoop. I agree with his assessment of Tinto too, if he wasn't a bag of nerves and provided some end product instead of water in he knee, it wouldve been a masterstroke..  In addition, for the first time in a long time we were getting some creativity from our midfield..

His changes I thought were spot on as well, with the exception of letting Yorke run the full 90. I would have brought on Birchall for Yorke around the 60th because Yorke wasn't giving nothing defensively in the hole. Men saying Hyland, but from the murmurs it seems like he ommitted Hyland for personal reasons which is understandable. But all in all its the best I see our boys play for a long time..

If we hadda lose i rather we lose like that, instead of that tepid performance against the USA.

agreed! as i always tell my youth team im not overly concerned about the score..its how we play. yes results matter at this level but that performance was a drastic improvement to that madness i saw in Nashville. we lost the game but for the first time im happy with how we played offensively. we started creating chances and if we put those chances away the outcome would have been different...especially that noel miss and scotty miss. we still have alot of work to do. i now anxiously await the performance in Mexico. lets see if saturday was the start of something great or a flash in d pan!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 09:02:02 AM »
Why was Dwight Yorke not substituted in the 2nd half when it was CLEAR to even his biggest groupies (excluding Latapy) that he was TOAST?

If yuh make a decision to NOT start Christopher Birchall (a correct one as it turned olut because both Noel & Spann performed the Birchall role very well....and are better passers of the ball than Birchall), why bring Birchy on as a sub in de 2nd half when yuh need to score?  What exactly was he supposed to provide at that point?  Which brings me back to the question above, why was Dwight Yorke NOT subbed and Hyland brought on in his place?  Ah mean...is Hyland did save we blushes against Honduras ent?

Unless de plan was to play Dwight Yorke into match fitness no matter how much HE BUN in a must not lose WCQ....much like how de "plan" was to let Stern John get confidence fuh "down de road" by takin de penalty against El Salvador.
Hyland wasn't on the bench.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 09:18:20 AM »
As A under 14 defender yuh  learn to head the ball up and out.lawrence head it down and in de middle for de 3rd goal
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 04:03:56 PM by royal »

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 09:20:37 AM »
On the defence issue, I see quite posters in ah few threads rubbishing Dog performance, personally I didn't see any major difference between Lawrence or Andrews. Neither performed better than the other, infact both played poorly and were at fault for letting in goals during the game. What is clear is they shouldn't play together anymore, this isn't about working out the chinks or ring rust is just these fellas not as quick or athletic as they once were. They were both always prone to errors anyway so I can't imagine the situation improving. I'm not saying get rid completely just a quicker more athletic option to complement one of them would be better. I guess purely based on match fitness....Lawrence should start paired with either Thomas or James (if they willing to give him ah chance).

On the striking issue I just think our three main strikers are pretty similar in style when playing fuh T&T. John and Jones play exactly the same way fuh their clubs (targetmen) while Scotland seems to want to play like that fuh us. Targetmen need to layoff the ball to someone but it seems we hoping fuh the midfield to do that. Scotland is the main striker fuh swansea but he doh hold up the ball fuh others like Jones and John. He and his compadre Dyer does both run at the defence, I not seeing that part of his game when playing fuh T&T. Maybe he needs to play a bit more withdrawn to benefit from either Stern or Jones.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 09:27:01 AM »
Yorke was not sustituted because the game was played at the Dwight Yorke Stadium  and Yorke was the captain in front of his people. Hey this is trinidad- Oh I did not mention the friend thing.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 09:30:11 AM »
I would say that CR is arguably the best team in CONCACAF right now......and we were able to give them a good run for dey money and played very credibly. If the chances that we created (...and we did create chances) were converted, it would have been a different story.....decent start Latas....

Warrior For Life !!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 09:38:13 AM »

You completly missed the point. Where did I talk about Individuality in the defense?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 09:38:55 AM »
This might sound crazy but I think one immediate possible solution to our defensive woes is to try Kenwyne Jones in central defense beside Keyeno Thomas.  He has the size and athleticism and I believe he has played defense or at least defensive midfield before.  He has not been effective as a striker for us and we are loaded with options at the forward position anyway.  Maybe is something the coaches should look into after the Mexico match.  

Between now and our next qualifier in August there is enough time to play a few friendlies and try it out.  I doubt Jones in defence could be any worse than what we saw on Saturday with Andrews and Lawrence.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 09:41:35 AM »

Thanx CB.  Didn't know that.  Latas mus be give him compassion leave.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 09:45:42 AM »
This might sound crazy but I think one immediate possible solution to our defensive woes is to try Kenwyne Jones in central defense beside Keyeno Thomas.  He has the size and athleticism and I believe he has played defense or at least defensive midfield before.  He has not been effective as a striker for us and we are loaded with options at the forward position anyway.  Maybe is something the coaches should look into after the Mexico match.  

Between now and our next qualifier in August there is enough time to play a few friendlies and try it out.  I doubt Jones in defence could be any worse than what we saw on Saturday with Andrews and Lawrence.

He good in the air but how is his tackling.....seen him defending corners alot due to his heading ability, but making a successful tackle...not seen that fuh ah long time. Then again Dog was never known as a great master of the tackle, so maybe we could swap them round if Latas doh fancy dropping anyone.  ::)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2009, 09:46:01 AM »
On the defence issue, I see quite posters in ah few threads rubbishing Dog performance, personally I didn't see any major difference between Lawrence or Andrews. Neither performed better than the other, infact both played poorly and were at fault for letting in goals during the game. What is clear is they shouldn't play together anymore, this isn't about working out the chinks or ring rust is just these fellas not as quick or athletic as they once were. They were both always prone to errors anyway so I can't imagine the situation improving. I'm not saying get rid completely just a quicker more athletic option to complement one of them would be better. I guess purely based on match fitness....Lawrence should start paired with either Thomas or James (if they willing to give him ah chance).

On the striking issue I just think our three main strikers are pretty similar in style when playing fuh T&T. John and Jones play exactly the same way fuh their clubs (targetmen) while Scotland seems to want to play like that fuh us. Targetmen need to layoff the ball to someone but it seems we hoping fuh the midfield to do that. Scotland is the main striker fuh swansea but he doh hold up the ball fuh others like Jones and John. He and his compadre Dyer does both run at the defence, I not seeing that part of his game when playing fuh T&T. Maybe he needs to play a bit more withdrawn to benefit from either Stern or Jones.
Scotty plays as a target man too for Swansea. They mostly play 4-5-1. He only runs at the defence when they play 4-4-2, when they use him in a slightly withdrawn role with (usually) Pintado up top. Stern, Scotty and KJ are basically the same player (with different strengths). Personally, I'd like to see how it works with KJ running on to Stern/Scotty's flick-ons instead of him being the target.

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2009, 09:53:27 AM »

i said this a while back and man say i mad http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=33963.msg396084#msg396084 , how i want t&t best striker to defend, put KJ in d back and let CG & JS to strike. and call zamora if he want to come & Jloyd to as cover for Avery or the other way around, cause u kno Avery like to pelt blade and does get some stupid card.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 09:59:44 AM by kingdavid »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2009, 09:54:08 AM »
Why are journalists applauding? ???
too much trinis does settle for less, and thats what they will get . smh

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2009, 09:54:19 AM »

Thanx CB.  Didn't know that.  Latas mus be give him compassion leave.
Yeah, we didn't have any central midfield options besides Birchall. Unless you count Keon, but I doh know if Latas consider him a centre mid.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009, 09:54:57 AM »
Scotty plays as a target man too for Swansea. They mostly play 4-5-1. He only runs at the defence when they play 4-4-2, when they use him in a slightly withdrawn role with (usually) Pintado up top. Stern, Scotty and KJ are basically the same player (with different strengths). Personally, I'd like to see how it works with KJ running on to Stern/Scotty's flick-ons instead of him being the target.

Strangley I was just thinking that before I saw your post. He has a lot more to his game than what Sabrigia did use him for  (probably why Redknapp interested) IMO he is quicker that Scotland and we know he does walk faster than Stern could run these days.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009, 10:00:56 AM »

i said this a while back and man say i mad, how i want t&t best striker to defend, put KJ in d back and let CG & JS to strike. and call zamora if he want to come & Jloyd to as cover for Avery or the other way around, cause u kno Avery like to pelt blade and does get some stupid card.
Kenwyne had a chance to play defence in de World Cup and he didn't want it. He say so in an interview. Now that he's even more solidified as a striker, he'll probably be even more reluctant to play back. We doh need him back there sulking.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009, 10:28:23 AM »
We're simply not good enough no matter who you pick.

Kenwyne Jones, Christopher Birchall, Dog, whoever....it doh matter.  I doh think we could play much better than we did on Saturday and we still lost at home.

Yuh could shuffle de deck all yuh want.  Is still de same deck yuh playin wit.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009, 10:44:14 AM »

Kenwyne Jones, Christopher Birchall, Dog, whoever....it doh matter.  I doh think we could play much better than we did on Saturday and we still lost at home.

Weh Boi Palos. No kinda imagination nuttin. Dry so yuh put de team to rest? Are you a supporta or ah Jamaican?  :(   
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 10:45:56 AM »

ah disagree wid dis part palos. we cud play MUCH better dan wat we play saturday

i doh understand some men on dis forum.  allyuh expecting all of a sudden to come from losing almost every game to winnin a game in two weeks. allyuh feel we is chelsea ah wah? for d two weeks latas had d team u cud have seen an obvious IMPROVEMENT. with more time an wid more matches under we belt we go get better within dis administration.

allyuh cud talk and fight down all allyuh want but i lookin at dis ting objectively an d team has made some drastic improvements in d midfield an d defence. ah not sayin we should dettle for mediocrity but lewwe give props where d props due nah
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2009, 11:07:32 AM »

Weh Boi Palos. No kinda imagination nuttin. Dry so yuh put de team to rest? Are you a supporta or ah Jamaican?  :(   

I will support de team till I die.  Doh mean I am not a realist. They will always be my team....wil, lose or draw.

1]; } ?>