March 28, 2024, 05:58:46 AM

Author Topic: The new galáctico?  (Read 3851 times)

Offline shotters365

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The new galáctico?
« on: June 08, 2009, 03:04:30 PM »
Kaka set to be confirmed as a Real Madrid player
By Soccernet staff

June 8, 2009

Brazil international Kaka appears certain to be confirmed as a Real Madrid player after completing a medical on Monday.

Kaka: Madrid move on the horizon

The 27-year-old AC Milan playmaker was given permission to meet with Real officials between World Cup qualifiers against Uruguay and Paraguay and is thought to have passed both initial tests and a full medical at the national team's base in Recife.

Providing there are no last-minute problems Kaka will become Real's first signing following the return of Florentino Perez as club president.

If the deal is concluded the fee is expected to be £56m, which would smash the previous world record of £47m paid by Real to Juventus in 2001 for Zinedine Zidane and could be the first in a new wave of 'Galáctico' signings.

Kaka, who converted a penalty in Brazil's 4-0 win in Uruguay on Saturday, has refused to discuss his future since joining up with the Brazil squad last Tuesday.

When he last spoke publically about his future, Kaka insisted he was desperate to stay at the San Siro, but the economic realities of such a huge transfer fee mean Milan are eager to do business in order to provide new boss Leonardo with transfer funds. Ironically, it was Leonardo who helped persuade Kaka to join Milan from São Paulo in 2003.

Confirming that the medical had taken place a statement on the Brazilian Football Federation website read: ''The technical committee of the Brazilian national team attended the request of Kaka and the board of Real Madrid and released the player to perform the routine examinations in a clinic in Recife.

''The CBF had to make all the arrangements for the test through its Medical Department head Jose Luiz Runco, who accompanied the player during the tests.''

Regardless of whether a deal is completed on Monday or early on Tuesday Real Madrid will have to wait before they can parade Kaka at the Santiago Bernabeu due to Kaka's commitments with Brazil.

After entertaining Paraguay in Recife on Wednesday, Brazil begin their Confederations Cup campaign against Egypt next Monday and will be in action until June 28 if they make it through the tournament.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
KAKA= REAL MADRID
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 05:44:44 PM »
Kaka completes switch to Madrid

Real Madrid have announced they have completed the signing of Brazilian star Kaka from AC Milan on a six-year deal.

A press conference with the 27-year-old, who had been linked with Chelsea, is planned for 0100 BST on Tuesday.

The fee is reported to be £56m, which would be a new world record in pounds, surpassing the £45.6m Madrid paid for Zinedine Zidane in 2001.

"It will be very difficult to fill the void that will be left by Kaka," said an AC Milan statement.

"[He is] a shining example of professionalism and commitment.

"AC Milan thanked the man and the great champion Kaka for his decisive contribution to the many victories achieved in the six years of his commitment."

Read more: courtesy  bbc
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: KAKA= REAL MADRID
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 05:49:57 PM »
NO COMMENT
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 05:52:21 PM »
Would have liked to see him in the EPL. But dem fellas doh like English ball
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 06:23:35 PM »

because they will get break up
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 06:36:13 PM »

because they will get break up

Well I think the game is faster in the EPL. Plus, they can showcase more flair in La Liga and Seria A

Latapy: "Take it to Them!"
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 06:37:48 PM by Cocorite »

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The new galáctico?
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 07:29:47 PM »
The EPL style of play doh suit South Americans, especially Brazillians...............

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 07:33:57 PM »
you wrote that book?  Cocorite?

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 07:36:36 PM »
The EPL style of play doh suit South Americans, especially Brazillians...............

Juninho @ Middlesborough
Elano @ Manchester City .. Robinho didn't do that bad either.

Other notable South Americans - Tevez & Mascherano

South Americans could definitely make it in the EPL, they just choose not to - and some value quality of life for themselves and their families over money. That is why David Villa happy to pips in his Canary Islands home and let Valencia and Real hatch it out ... or why Ribery likely to snub England due to the weather.

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 08:22:59 PM »
Imagine 56M fuh he alone and de owner of Newcastle put de whole club up for sale for 100M.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 08:23:37 PM »
I could understand their reasons for preferring the La Liga.. weather and language have a major influence..

Perez is an embarrassment.. Real as well..  they have no respect to any club.. you ever hear any clubs announcing their targets and publicly boasting that they will sign.. but i guess he has to do it to win over the fans but it's a little embarrassing

I hope he continues to talk about Cristiano and get a big f**k off from Fergie...again

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 08:58:18 PM »
Imagine 56M fuh he alone and de owner of Newcastle put de whole club up for sale for 100M.
shit side
is shit side
 :devil:
 :rotfl:

GO Sunderland ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 09:12:15 PM »
you wrote that book?  Cocorite?

Yeah boy ah try a ting

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 09:27:34 PM »

that used to be true in the past, but not so much anymore. look around the league, especially the new players coming in. lots of South Americans, led by the Brazilians and Argies. Just looking at some of the names:

ManU: Rafa Da Silva, Fabio Da Silva, Anderson, Tevez (chasing Walter and Dennis Costa)
Liverpool: Mascherano, Lucas, Fabio Aurelio, Insua, Cavalieri (chasing Lavezzi)
Chelsea: Alex, Belletti, Di Santo, Deco
Arsenal: Denilson
Blackburn: Roque Santa Cruz
ManCity: Elano, Robinho, Jo, Caicedo

And there are more. Some are not all that special, others are, and yet others are being developed for the future. But EPL teams are buying more and more South Americans..Cuz they are proving that they are cut out for the league.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 09:32:04 PM »

more like 62 million pounds to 100 million pounds....
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 10:51:03 PM »
So no Kaka for Baltimore Md. this summer then???  :-[

http://www.worldfootballchallenge.com/

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 11:00:51 PM »

This will totally fackting suck because I buy a package that includes a meet and greet/practise session behind closed doors @ Ravens stadium. He was the main player I wanted an autograph or a facebook profile pic with.  >:(

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 11:07:52 PM »

This will totally fackting suck because I buy a package that includes a meet and greet/practise session behind closed doors @ Ravens stadium. He was the main player I wanted an autograph or a facebook profile pic with.  >:(

I feeling that one for you...I just getting a game ticket...Once Seedorf and Ronaldinho still there, we cool

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 06:58:40 AM »
I could understand their reasons for preferring the La Liga.. weather and language have a major influence..

Perez is an embarrassment.. Real as well..  they have no respect to any club.. you ever hear any clubs announcing their targets and publicly boasting that they will sign.. but i guess he has to do it to win over the fans but it's a little embarrassing

I hope he continues to talk about Cristiano and get a big f**k off from Fergie...again

I cyah wait till he get C. Homoaldo and the Fab 4 becomes the terrible 3.

SHIT SIDE!!

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 08:02:30 AM »
I thought there was an official transfer thread for this kinda thing...

Anyways in my opinion, this buy comes 2 seasons too late. If Kaka could replicate the form of 2 seasons ago (and before), I'd say he was barely..and only barely worth that kinda money- otherwise it's too much money for a currently overrated player. 

Good addition to the squad, but for that kinda money they could build a stronger unit with good players in various key positions.   
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline bigwrig

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 08:58:43 AM »

Madrid playin DC united on Aug. 9th in RFK tho. Might get to see him still after all

1]; } ?>