April 19, 2024, 07:50:13 PM

Author Topic: How do strikers practice their finishing?  (Read 7544 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How do strikers practice their finishing?
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2009, 11:27:31 AM »
So from those in the know...how much work is really put into finishing?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 11:42:55 AM »
Stern Missing 5 and Scoring is his Statergy. LOL miss 5 through off the opposition, have then give you room cuz dey see u doing shit.. and boom bang bang Goal.. Lol

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2009, 11:58:51 AM »
So from those in the know...how much work is really put into finishing?

That will depend on a lot of different factors.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2009, 01:05:35 PM »
Elan, re: de Chelsea vid, yuh realise dahis ah circuit?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2009, 01:10:11 PM »
meh doh know nah, but if ah striker need to practice he finishing, then he playing only fete match, and they fraid to put him in defence.  :-\

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2009, 01:13:17 PM »
what i more interested is in knowing whether strikers practice unique methods of finishing, or if is just natural talent does take over during the heat of the game and depending on the situation...

like when i see a man bicycle, or scissors kick or zlatan backheel flick mid air..

i does wonder if in training he does say, "send een 50 cross at this height lemme practice lying dong in the air"..

or also i would like to see how they practice positioning in the box. Man like Inzaghi have the positioning in the box down to a science, he know where he has to be to shark a rebound or a save like dennis rodman in basketball..  You must watch him good when it have goalmouth action and he not involved, the runs he makes to get himself into certain positions are spot on.

I would like to see how men does research that kinda stuff and put that into practice.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2009, 01:25:53 PM »
what i more interested is in knowing whether strikers practice unique methods of finishing, or if is just natural talent does take over during the heat of the game and depending on the situation...

like when i see a man bicycle, or scissors kick or zlatan backheel flick mid air..

i does wonder if in training he does say, "send een 50 cross at this height lemme practice lying dong in the air"..

or also i would like to see how they practice positioning in the box. Man like Inzaghi have the positioning in the box down to a science, he know where he has to be to shark a rebound or a save like dennis rodman in basketball..  You must watch him good when it have goalmouth action and he not involved, the runs he makes to get himself into certain positions are spot on.

I would like to see how men does research that kinda stuff and put that into practice.

Exactly! If we interested in excellence, and I can't imagine we're not, then this is the kinda work it requires.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2009, 01:44:16 PM »

Man like Inzaghi have the positioning in the box down to a science

Except they doh teach the offside rule in da science class.

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2009, 01:47:01 PM »
while allyuh figurin-out that, spare ah thought how, ah man same age as me, ugly like me, duncy like me, married with chirren like me, does win d lottery- doh buy more ticket than me,eh! setup he whole family, get more 'oman, with he ole self, and I cyah get zilch...ah guess that wha make Inzaghi, Inzaghi, an Rodman, Rodman, an me, just plain ole lucky me,- or unlucky depend on yuh pont of view  :devil:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2009, 01:50:16 PM »

not if yuh was to ask him.. lol

but that is true talk.

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2009, 01:59:00 PM »
By Playing Tobago United.

Even the pro league teams do it every week.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2009, 02:06:04 PM »

but that is true talk.

Hoss the commentator for the Milan- Roma game put it better than anyone else I've heard announce a game- he bawl something to the effect of:  We've grown so accustomed to seeing this i.e. Inzaghi getting caught in an offside position, and everytime he gets flagged, he reacts as if he's never been called offside before in his life....I nearly dead wid dat one.   
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2009, 02:08:11 PM »

or also i would like to see how they practice positioning in the box. Man like Inzaghi have the positioning in the box down to a science, he know where he has to be to shark a rebound or a save like dennis rodman in basketball..  You must watch him good when it have goalmouth action and he not involved, the runs he makes to get himself into certain positions are spot on.

talk to Yorke ... remember that bicycle in the CL he hit and Scholes (I think) put inthe rebound. I never see a man hit a bullet bicycle like that in my life. It eh have no fluke in dat.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2009, 02:10:26 PM »

but that is true talk.

Hoss the commentator for the Milan- Roma game put it better than anyone else I've heard announce a game- he bawl something to the effect of:  We've grown so accustomed to seeing this i.e. Inzaghi getting caught in an offside position, and everytime he gets flagged, he reacts as if he's never been called offside before in his life....I nearly dead wid dat one.   

meh pardna Drogs is another one ... kill him dead he never been offside in he entire life. lol.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2009, 02:18:33 PM »

or also i would like to see how they practice positioning in the box. Man like Inzaghi have the positioning in the box down to a science, he know where he has to be to shark a rebound or a save like dennis rodman in basketball..  You must watch him good when it have goalmouth action and he not involved, the runs he makes to get himself into certain positions are spot on.

Exactly! If we interested in excellence, and I can't imagine we're not, then this is the kinda work it requires.
Breds yuh see that statement yuh just made there, volumes could be writen about T&T when it comes to dat word, in politics, sports( particularly football) public service, these ppl don't even know that word, far less the true meaning.  yuh see that statement! T&T football don't practice that period! as a matter of fact, they're afraid of that word.

it's ah shame , BC all our opponents strive to achieve excellence! that's what the U.S. has been beating us with constantly, and we will never reach where we dream of, BC raw talent is not ah finished product, but excellence is! and we run on raw talent like an old bedford truck run on old stinkin disel!

as ah matter of fact, like the tabagonian dude said, we runnin on fumes!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 02:20:10 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2009, 03:12:42 PM »
Elan, re: de Chelsea vid, yuh realise dahis ah circuit?

Yeah I was going and type that in. Just used it to show some of the general I deas on finishing.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2009, 03:18:34 PM »

Finishing is about adapting. As a great finisher you have to be able to adapt instantly to the situation in and around the goal area. Yeah you will practice bicycle and all that, but you just do whatever it takes to get the ball in the back of the net.

See the big thing with goal scorers is having a sense of  1) their position in relation to the goal 2) where the goal is, and 3) understanding of the goalkeeper's angles.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2009, 06:21:03 PM »
I remember reading Torres does discuss with Liverpool goal keeping coach how a goal keeper would move and study the keeper he going and face in the next game with the coach.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2009, 06:59:21 PM »
Arrange them in any order  .....

Instinct
Playing off the ball (positioning, having a nack for knowing where the ball is going to be)
Good ball striking technique
Confidence
Hunger
Bravery
Audacity(cheekiness even)
Selfish
Imaginative
Patience
Ruthless
just to name a few.

Strikers come in many forms with a varity of goal scoring styles and attributes. Of course many can score in multiple ways.

Some are poachers, there are those who are brilliant in the air, others can strike from distance, some are known to arrive late in the box, unmarked and buss yuh net (my favorites but mostly midfielders)

I beleive there are only a few things you can practice when compared to the other attributes needed to be a top class striker and  successful strikers for me are the ones with the best instinct who can use their physical attributes most efficiently.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2009, 07:03:59 PM »

Breds yuh see that statement yuh just made there, volumes could be writen about T&T when it comes to dat word, in politics, sports( particularly football) public service, these ppl don't even know that word, far less the true meaning.  yuh see that statement! T&T football don't practice that period! as a matter of fact, they're afraid of that word.

it's ah shame , BC all our opponents strive to achieve excellence! that's what the U.S. has been beating us with constantly, and we will never reach where we dream of, BC raw talent is not ah finished product, but excellence is! and we run on raw talent like an old bedford truck run on old stinkin disel!

as ah matter of fact, like the tabagonian dude said, we runnin on fumes!

Nuff said! Respect!

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2011, 06:44:59 AM »
Darts-mad Ba hitting the target

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/972795/demba-ba:-playing-darts-helps-me-score-goals-for-newcastle?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=3888

Striker Demba Ba claims that playing darts has helped him settle in and start scoring at Newcastle United.

Ba joined Newcastle on a three-year deal from West Ham United in June and has scored five goals in his last three games to help keep the Magpies flying high in fourth place in the Premier League.

The Senegal international was introduced to darts by his former agent and as the game rewards accuracy believes it has benefitted him as a striker.

"It's a nice way to relax - playing with my friends when they come to visit. It's brilliant," Ba told The Sun. "My former agent introduced me to darts by saying it was a game that would be a lot of fun.

"He knew I had to concentrate on hitting three 20s or a double or a treble - as this is a target you must achieve. Your mind is focused on accuracy.

"And it's the same in football, where I must strike the ball just to the right or left of a post. You must also be accurate to score a goal so darts is a great way of learning how to concentrate on a target."

Ba hit his first treble for Newcastle against Blackburn last month and hasn't looked back since.

Despite losing star players like Joey Barton and Kevin Nolan this summer, Newcastle have not struggled as expected. Ba put's that down to the inspired signings of Yohan Cabaye and Gabriel Obertan by manager Alan Pardew.

"We have the players to do very well - quality performers who can maintain this standard for the whole season," the 26-year-old said. "Take a player like Yohan for example. For you guys in England, he's been a surprise. But I knew him before - when I was playing in France.

"When I heard he was going to Newcastle, it helped me decide to join too. I thought a player like him would not join unless it was something good. Playing with these kind of people makes your own game better.

"I don't think we can play like this and then in two or three weeks it'll be hard to achieve the same results.

"It's early and finishing top will be really tough. You look at the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea - those teams are only winning. They also have players with experience of lifting important trophies.

"We're not looking at winning the Premier League. However if we can be close to those clubs then there's a chance of achieving something good like reaching the Champions League."

Newcastle welcome Wigan Athletic to St James Park on Saturday and can go joint third in the Premier League with a victory.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2011, 08:57:03 AM »

I know this real late, but yes, exactly that.  Have a player cross to the striker over and over.  The striker gets to practice different ways of putting in the ball, or concentrates on doing it one way, like the aerial scissors volley.  The crossing player gets to practice his crossing accuracy too.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2011, 05:16:56 PM »
Dem boys dem does point like ah fish hook
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

1]; } ?>