April 28, 2024, 02:10:02 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (09-Sept-2009).  (Read 82067 times)

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (09-Sept-2009).
« Reply #510 on: September 09, 2009, 07:27:11 PM »
I tired of the BS eh...but this game was not too bad.   Say what.......Brazil 2014 for sure

Doh say dat nah.I heard it after '89.....'94 for sure.They even had a song

lol...wether we qualify or not......I goin and like myself in Brazil 2014 for sure...as long as I alive and able.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 09, 2009, 07:28:16 PM »
I tired of the BS eh...but this game was not too bad.   Say what.......Brazil 2014 for sure

Doh say dat nah.I heard it after '89.....'94 for sure.They even had a song

lol...wether we qualify or not......I goin and like myself in Brazil 2014 for sure...as long as I alive and able.

LOL de Brazil gape guaranteed to be better than SA  :devil:

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why is the ref for tonight's USA game from El Salvador?
« Reply #512 on: September 09, 2009, 07:28:39 PM »
Lawrence got fouled in the box. dais a penalty

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 09, 2009, 07:29:10 PM »

Righto......on to the BIG SIDE........U-20.

Thank god we have that World Cup to look out for...

Offline bakeandshark

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 09, 2009, 07:29:23 PM »
What annoys me the most is that the US consistently gets 3 points from T&T whether they are home or in the HCS. When we match them as we did tonight we should come out with our points. Why the US who did not have a stellar performance leaving with all 3. steups the campaign over and what hurts the most is that we look like a team tonite. But the fact is just like the costa Rica game in Tobago we have left this game with nothing. We seem to have no edge to clinch these type of games and that is the difference between 5 pts and 10pts. El salvador, Costa Rica and against the US tonite we should have gotten all 3. Tight games yes, but to book tickets to a World Cup we have to win these types of games. I really really saddened. We are not scoring enough goals period! Goals change games and win matches.

for real - the point of the game is to score more goals than your opponent -period.
the edge yuh talking bout seem like effort. men ball watching and keeping themselves out of the game. i not on carlos jock but in terms of effort and heart he's my best example.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 09, 2009, 07:30:50 PM »

:beermug:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 09, 2009, 07:31:06 PM »
KJ was a waste in the campaign...  :beermug:

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 09, 2009, 07:32:07 PM »

:beermug:
were realy just suckers for punishment aint we  :D

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 09, 2009, 07:32:40 PM »
Well I go ha to see a replay, because that man look to me to be faaaar offside so I doh know why ANY defender was rushing back to mark him for. Instinct, after doing it MANY TIMES as a defender, when a ball comes back like that from Donovan backwards to Clark, instinct does just make yuh step forward, not back. That keeping man onside thing does just piss me off with this side. I goh have to watch it again.

Tallest (#6) was the man who tried to close out Clark... is the run by Dempsey and Altidore which opened up the space, hard to fault any defender for going with the attacking players.  Clark came last minute from deep defensive mid... understandable why he woulda been up there alone by the 25-30 yard mark.

aight...zeen
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 09, 2009, 07:32:49 PM »
Well I go ha to see a replay, because that man look to me to be faaaar offside so I doh know why ANY defender was rushing back to mark him for. Instinct, after doing it MANY TIMES as a defender, when a ball comes back like that from Donovan backwards to Clark, instinct does just make yuh step forward, not back. That keeping man onside thing does just piss me off with this side. I goh have to watch it again.

Tallest (#6) was the man who tried to close out Clark... is the run by Dempsey and Altidore which opened up the space, hard to fault any defender for going with the attacking players.  Clark came last minute from deep defensive mid... understandable why he woulda been up there alone by the 25-30 yard mark.

That was a best goal. Unstoppable. No defense was stopping that, esp from that far out. At least it took a top quality goal to beat us. That's a step in the right direction
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 09, 2009, 07:33:38 PM »
My wife tell me I should support the US now.... TnT is ah waste.... :'(

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 09, 2009, 07:34:13 PM »
waggonist.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 09, 2009, 07:35:26 PM »
Decent game yes.......say wha.  On to try to support the U-20's in Egypt yes.   Yo, they say Carlos get tossed down to Ipswitch......didn't realize that...is it true?.   Carlos play like a true boss.  Even the Espn commentary team find the man should be playing for one of the bigger clubs instead of Ipswitch or sunderland.

Offline bakeandshark

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 09, 2009, 07:37:03 PM »
Really impress with Samuel composure,control,passing and ablity to read the game. Dis is probable the best I see the defence play in a long time.

Samuel look impressive. the difference 1 good player make eh.
I think the defense was helped with the midfield.
of course there's work to be done

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 09, 2009, 07:38:29 PM »
Decent game yes.......say wha.  On to try to support the U-20's in Egypt yes.   Yo, they say Carlos get tossed down to Ipswitch......didn't realize that...is it true?.   Carlos play like a true boss.  Even the Espn commentary team find the man should be playing for one of the bigger clubs instead of Ipswitch or sunderland.

Yeah man, whey yuh been?  geh out ah de lab nah  ;D  Will join yuh fuh de gape in Brazo, jah jah spare life
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: September 09, 2009, 07:39:30 PM »
Please let us atleast have alot of friendlies even if we gotta keep playing Jamaica and beating them i don't wanna be bored with stupid or no friendlies for the next 3 years...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 09, 2009, 07:42:38 PM »
Good effort.
From what I saw, mainly the 2nd half, we play like we have some idea of how the game is played.
On a better night one or more of our chances woulda gone in.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 09, 2009, 07:43:45 PM »
dat goal was like d bullet Gerrard score against we in Germany..........ah BULLET

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 09, 2009, 07:45:35 PM »

My brother in law telling me de same thing today, i told him i never did and would never back de US in football :devil:

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 09, 2009, 07:47:34 PM »

My brother in law telling me de same thing today, i told him i never did and would never back de US in football :devil:

I living here and i eh backing them nah i backing them african nations and Brazil before them  :devil:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 09, 2009, 07:55:38 PM »
Not a bad showing by the warriors... We lack that little bit of quality in some areas of the field that would help us to get a result out of games like this.  

As usual Carlos was our best player.  J Lloyd played well also... Tallest injected some leadership and composure at the back, Abu benefitted from having Tallest at his side, and the two horses in the middle did their best.  Tinto was a bit disappointing and KJ though not terrible still needs to have better presence as far as options on goal go. Cornell was lively as usual and should have converted his lob...Spann was neither here nor there, and for once Ince wasn't scrambling to make save after save to keep us in the game. On a good day we would have come away with something from this one...Baptiste remains unproven, Scotty never gets more than the scraps to really stretch his legs, and K. Daniel again is stuck in 2nd gear.

Anyhow, campaign is over...we need to now establish some continuity in our program- give Latapy a chance to continue to develop.  It's clear that he has a ways to go tactically, but I've seen some promising signs from him as far as our positioning on the field, our approach to the game and the way the boys carry the ball around the field.  I think if we keep him in the position for long enough, he will improve in every dept as a manager, and we might be able to establish some kind of rhythm as a program and possibly see something resembling an organized, somewhat professional end product on the pitch for the first time in a long time.... When Yorkie gets his licenses, we could see two qualified European-trained coaches with the int'l exposure, know-how and respect in their field at the helm for T&T...Now just for the powers that be in the administration to f*ck things up in some way that we can't anticipate at the moment....

Next stop 2014.....

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 09, 2009, 07:59:49 PM »
Great Effort... I was there..We did not deserve to lose this game

Sad Campaign is finally over...

KJ is a waste of time btw

Dog sat next to me for the second half.. real nice guy and a true Warrior

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 09, 2009, 07:59:55 PM »
Please let us atleast have alot of friendlies even if we gotta keep playing Jamaica and beating them i don't wanna be bored with stupid or no friendlies for the next 3 years...

brother, you realise that the last time you beat Jamaica at senior level was about 10 years ago right? Or correct me if i'm wrong...but its gotta be over a decade since T&T beat JAmaica in a world cup qualifier at senior level...I stand corrected.

Anyway, I watched the game in patches.....there was no atmosphere in the stadium whatsoever...might have been a more positive result but for the 12th man factor. I believe the USA also didnt play their typical game...again, due to the lack of adrenaline IMHO

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 08:05:14 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 09, 2009, 08:01:27 PM »

brother, you realise that the last time you beat Jamaica at senior level was about 10 years ago right? Or correct me if i'm wrong...but its gotta be over a decade since T&T beat JAmaica in a world cup qualifier at senior level...I stand corrected.

Anyway, I watched the game in patches.....there was no atmosphere in the stadium whatsoever...might have been a more positive result but for the 12th man factor. I believe the USA also didnt play their typical game...again, due to the lack of "atmosphere".

I now see why man does cuss you. Did you not see the atmosphere on the pitch or what.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 09, 2009, 08:07:31 PM »

Anyway, I watched the game in patches.....there was no atmosphere in the stadium whatsoever...might have been a more positive result but for the 12th man factor. I believe the USA also didnt play their typical game...again, due to the lack of "atmosphere".

I now see why man does cuss you. Did you not see the atmosphere on the pitch or what.

You ever hear about 12th man factor? The fans abondoned your team at a time when their support probably was needed most. If you lose to Costa Rica in the nextmatch, you might as well play the Mexico game in the Azteca.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 09, 2009, 08:10:57 PM »
ok ah jez reach back and have read all the posts after the lob that hit the cross bar (I am at least thankfull that i saw that attempt)
seems from ALL accounts that we had a great match...a couple good attempts
THANK YOU to all the players who made it on the field and also to those who did not....Well Done
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 08:22:39 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 09, 2009, 08:11:13 PM »

Anyway, I watched the game in patches.....there was no atmosphere in the stadium whatsoever...might have been a more positive result but for the 12th man factor. I believe the USA also didnt play their typical game...again, due to the lack of adrenaline IMHO

What about they got shottout the game? yuh never condiser that did you? you is ah real jamaican for truth, yuh could never give credit to any caribbean country who doing something better than allyuh. allyuh just like them forkin bias black yanks, nobody cyar do it better than allyuh! right?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 09, 2009, 08:13:36 PM »

You ever hear about 12th man factor? The fans abondoned your team at a time when their support probably was needed most. If you lose to Costa Rica in the nextmatch, you might as well play the Mexico game in the Azteca.

fella you have real belly yes  :rotfl:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 09, 2009, 08:19:32 PM »
Not a bad showing by the warriors... We lack that little bit of quality in some areas of the field that would help us to get a result out of games like this.  

As usual Carlos was our best player.  J Lloyd played well also... Tallest injected some leadership and composure at the back, Abu benefitted from having Tallest at his side, and the two horses in the middle did their best.  Tinto was a bit disappointing and KJ though not terrible still needs to have better presence as far as options on goal go. Cornell was lively as usual and should have converted his lob...Spann was neither here nor there, and for once Ince wasn't scrambling to make save after save to keep us in the game. On a good day we would have come away with something from this one...Baptiste remains unproven, Scotty never gets more than the scraps to really stretch his legs, and K. Daniel again is stuck in 2nd gear.

Anyhow, campaign is over...we need to now establish some continuity in our program- give Latapy a chance to continue to develop.  It's clear that he has a ways to go tactically, but I've seen some promising signs from him as far as our positioning on the field, our approach to the game and the way the boys carry the ball around the field.  I think if we keep him in the position for long enough, he will improve in every dept as a manager, and we might be able to establish some kind of rhythm as a program and possibly see something resembling an organized, somewhat professional end product on the pitch for the first time in a long time.... When Yorkie gets his licenses, we could see two qualified European-trained coaches with the int'l exposure, know-how and respect in their field at the helm for T&T...Now just for the powers that be in the administration to f*ck things up in some way that we can't anticipate at the moment....

Next stop 2014.....

Therein lies our perennial problem, we would be so much further along w/a marginally better admin, sigh
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 09, 2009, 08:20:52 PM »
ok ah jez reach back and have read all the posts after the lob that hit the cross bar (I am at least thankfull that i saw that attempt)
seem for ALL accounts that we had a great match...a couple good attempts
THANK YOU to all the players who made it on the field and also to those who did not....Well Done

Yes!!!!!
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

1]; } ?>