March 29, 2024, 04:54:48 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (09-Sept-2009).  (Read 80540 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (09-Sept-2009).
« on: June 09, 2009, 06:08:39 PM »
Greetings.

As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the 2010 FIFA World Cup Qualifying game vs United States (September 09th, 19:00) in Trinidad will be posted here, this way, we can help maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

Possible Live Internet Links.

ESPN 360

I95.5fm

105.1FM

Justin TV

Ussoccerplayers.

http://www.atdhe.net/

TV Viewing.

ESPN Classic, TeleFutura, Galavision.

Chat

http://chat.socawarriors.net

T&T Squad:

Goalkeepers
Clayton Ince (Walsall/ENG), Marvin Phillip (W Connection), Jan Michael Williams (W Connection).

Defenders
Keyeno Thomas (Joe Public), Radanfah Abu Bakr (Swansea City/ENG), Marvin Andrews (Hamilton Academical/SCO), Jlloyd Samuel (Bolton Wanderers/ENG), Silvio Spann (Wrexham/ENG), Keston Williams (Defence Force), Dennis Lawrence (San Juanh Jabloteh).

Midfielders
Lyndon Andrews (Ma Pau), Hughton Hector (W Connection), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Carlos Edwards (Ipswich Town/ENG), Trent Noel (Joe Public), Keon Daniel (Caledonia AIA), Hayden Tinto (Joe Public), Clyde Leon (W Connection).

Forwards
Kerry Baptiste (Joe Public), Kenwyne Jones (Sunderland/ENG), Jason Scotland (Wigan Athletic/ENG), Cornell Glen (San Jose Earthquakes/USA).

United States Squad:

Goalkeepers
Brad Guzan (Aston Villa/ENG), Tim Howard (Everton/ENG).

Defenders
Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes/FRA), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96/GER), Jay DeMerit (Watford/ENG), Clarence Goodson (IK Start/OR), Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan/ITA), Jonathan Spector (West Ham United/ENG).

Midfielders
Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Borussia Moenchengladbach/GER), Ricardo Clark (Houston Dynamo), Clint Dempsey (Fulham/ENG), Benny Feilhaber (Aarhus/DEN), Stuart Holden (Houston Dynamo), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew), Jose Francisco Torres (Pachuca/MEX).

Forwards
Jozy Altidore (Hull City/ENG), Conor Casey (Colorado Raphids), Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo), Charlie Davies (Sochaux/FRA), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Robbie Findley (Real Salt Lake).

Notes from ussoccer.com

The match on Sept. 9 will mark the 21st meeting between the United States and Trinidad & Tobago. The U.S. holds a commanding 15-2-3 record in the series dating back to 1982, with 32 goals scored and 10 conceded.  All eight of the USA’s matches in Trinidad have been held in Port-of-Spain, where the U.S. holds a 4-2-2 record.

Soca Warriors ended the USA’s seven-match unbeaten run in qualifying with a 2-1 victory on Oct. 15, 2008, in Port-of-Spain.

Landon Donovan has the most appearances against T&T of any player on the roster, recording one goal in six games.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 04:45:15 AM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Charlie Davies scores for Sochaux in French 1st division
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 06:55:03 PM »
Davies brace not enough for Sochaux

It was another loss for Charlie Davies this week when his Sochaux side took on Ligue 1 giants Bordeaux, but the American striker continued his goal scoring ways.

After scoring the U.S.'s only goal against Mexico midweek Davies was brought on as a substitute against Bordeaux and provided a lifeline for his side, netting a goal that brought Sochaux back to within one of a draw.

Bordeaux would score again putting the tie out of reach, but the young American was not done. As the match wound down Davies slotted home a second giving the match it's final 3-2 scoreline in favor of the reigning champions.

(continue)

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Davies scores for Sochaux in French 1st division
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 07:17:56 PM »
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 07:21:16 PM by Zeppo »
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 07:43:27 PM »
who is charlie davies... ::)

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 07:49:59 PM »
I feel Zeppo is unable to find acceptance among his own people.....he's probably a furry.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 07:49:33 PM »
Davies transplants success

Last week was a big week for Sochaux forward Charlie Davies. After becoming only the fourth U.S. Men's National Teamer to score at Azteca on Wednesday, the 23-year old netted his first pair of Ligue 1 goals on Saturday.

With storylines like these arriving regularly from all points of the globe, one thing seems clear: no matter where he goes, success follows Charlie.

The New Hampshire native scored 24 goals in two healthy seasons at Boston College, including 15 in his junior year. After leaving school, Dutch giants Ajax passed on Davies after a trial. The club liked him, but were looking for an immediate contributor and weren't quite sure whether he fit into their 4-3-3 scheme as a winger or as a center forward.

(continue)
- Xavi

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 08:10:36 PM »
buh wey de ass is dis

FU#K DAVIES ( and zamora)

ent Charlie Davies is de man in Dave Chappelle skit..eddie murphy brother???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (09-Sept-2009).
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 05:16:20 AM »
Counterattack: Is The US In Danger Of Finishing Outside Of The Hex's Top Three?

Goal.com's Noah Davis and Greg Lalas debate where the loss in Azteca leaves the USMNT, and if they may be in trouble of finishing outside of an automatic qualifying spot for the World Cup.

In the wake of the United States Men's National Team's 2-1 loss to Mexico at Estadio Azteca, Goal.com's U.S. National Team writer Noah Davis and Goal Magazine editor-in-chief Greg Lalas debate whether the Americans can finish in the top three of CONCACAF World Cup qualification and earn an automatic spot to next summer's tournament.   

Noah Davis -- Yes. Although Wednesday's loss at Mexico doesn't hurt the Americans chances -- going into the Hexagonal round, everyone expected the U.S. to lose this match -- Bob Bradley's side dropped points earlier in the round that could hurt it considering the logjam at the top. Getting a single point in El Salvador wasn't how the script was written, and I'd feel much better about the American position if the squad had earned a tie in Costa Rica, instead of suffering a 3-1 defeat. 

Greg Lalas -- Look, the US is still currently in tied 2nd place, just two points out of first. Yes, Mexico -- in 4th place -- is just a point behind, but there's no reason to panic because the US lost at Azteca. As you said, when the Hex started, they never really expected to get points in Mexico City. No team does.  Furthermore, the US's schedule from here on out is favorable: El Salvador at home, away to Trinidad, away to Honduras, and Costa Rica at home. Only that Honduras game scares me. Other than that, there are 9 points there for the taking. I don't think Mexico or Honduras have 9 points in the offing. 

Davis -- Without Oguchi Onyewu in the starting line up, the El Salvador match is no longer three certain points. I'll give you a win at Trinidad and Tobago, but as you say Honduras will be a tough, tough match. As you and I both know, the Costa Rica tilt falls on the last matchday, when anything can happen. 

Lalas -- If the US doesn't get three points against El Salvador at home, they don't deserve to qualify.  Gooch or no Gooch! 

Davis -- A valid point, but you don't think Mexico can find nine points with this schedule: home against Honduras and El Salvador, away at Costa Rica and T&T? That's an easier schedule than the U.S.  And I think Honduras can get nine from home against T&T and the U.S. and away at Mexico and El Salvador.

Lalas -- Hm... okay, so even if all three get 9 points from their last four matches, the US is in.  Here's a big factor -- goal differential.  The US loss to Mexico, as heartbreaking as it might have been, was just a one-goal loss. That actually helps the US in goal diff. Honduras has to go to Azteca. Will they lose by only one goal? Will Mexico lose by two goals at Costa Rica? It wouldn't surprise me. 

Davis -- If you're talking goal differential, it should be pointed out that Honduras, likely the U.S.'s competition for the final spot, is ahead of the Americans +4 to +3 (thanks to last night's 4-0 victory against Costa Rica). 

Lalas -- Honduras the likely competition? What about Mexico? On Sept 5, Mexico play at Costa Rica. Let's say they lose and the US beats El Salvador. Then Mexico is four points back with three games to play. Ay caramba! 

Davis -- Mexico is full of confidence, especially after Wednesday's impressive victory. They could have panicked, but they didn't. Costa Rica's a tough venue -- as the U.S. showed -- but this El Tri squad can get a win, or at least a draw. Then things get really, really tight. 

Lalas -- No way Mexico wins at Saprissa. No way. The Ticos are awesome at home. Actually, everyone except T&T is good at home. They're the only ones who have lost at home.  So let's go the other way -- the US wins their two home games. Then they get a draw at T&T. That's another 7 points. Can Mexico get 8 points? They would need 8 to catch the US in this scenario.

Davis -- They can get nine. Wins over Honduras, El Salvador, and T&T. This is a different Mexican team. We saw that Wednesday. 

Lalas -- Yeah, I agree. They've got some swagger back. And Giovanni Dos Santos and Carlos Vela have become monsters right before our eyes. 

Davis -- I can't see them ending with anything less than 18. 

Lalas -- Maybe. Honduras, though, is not going to get 19. I guess, in the end, the game that will matter most is the US at Honduras. 

Davis -- Exactly. And that's scary.

Lalas -- That's the game the US needs to get a result. And I have full faith they can get that result. 

Davis -- I'm just surprised that the U.S. is potentially in trouble. 

Lalas -- I'm not surprised. CONCACAF is improving every year. There are now four legitimate teams fighting for 3.5 spots.  It's good for the game in the region. 

Davis -- That's very true. For a region that's considered a backwater by some in FIFA, the football is getting better. As you pointed out, everyone keeps winning at home. Road results are vital. I don't think the U.S. will finish fourth, but even the need for this discussion should worry American supporters. 

Lalas -- Fair enough. I guess I'm more confident in the U.S. players' talents and their progress in the last six months. Yes, the Mexico loss hurts, but a little humble pie might be good. They've now given up leads twice (Brazil, Mexico) and hopefully have learned the lesson, one that could play a huge factor in the Oct 10 game in Honduras. 

And that lesson learned will be enough to get them into the top three.

Counterattack runs every Thursday on Goal.com
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 05:26:34 AM »
steups if Latapy chooses ah "fast" team, an we run at dem, we could poison dem, especially if dey come d attitude dese fools have, we jus have to fix d defense, an stop bein' so damn tentative against d states >:(
I pity the fool....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 06:25:44 AM »
steups if Latapy chooses ah "fast" team, an we run at dem, we could poison dem, especially if dey come d attitude dese fools have, we jus have to fix d defense, an stop bein' so damn tentative against d states >:(

Can I have some of what you are smoking?! 

No Hex team has any reason to fear playing T&T at home or away based upon our performances in the Hex thus far!

If Latas can do some heavy Magic with our team then maybe that perception can change but we can't seriously prepare for a Magic show without proper high quality warm-up games and so far I have heard nothing in the pipeline from the TTFF with regards to high quality warm-up games with little over two weeks to go to the Honduras away game.

Please Lefty, pass the cutchie pon the left hand side it ah go bun, that must be some good stuff you're smoking! :mackdaddy:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 06:27:25 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 06:36:34 AM »

Can I have some of what you are smoking?!  :mackdaddy:

No Hex team has any reason to fear playing T&T at home or away based upon our performances in the Hex thus far!

If Latas can do some heavy Magic with our team then maybe that perception can change but we can't seriously prepare for a Magic show without proper high quality warm-up games and so far I have heard nothing in the pipeline from the TTFF with regards to high quality warm-up games with little over two weeks to go to the Honduras away game.

Please Lefty, pass the cutchie pon the left hand side it ah go bun, that must be some good stuff you're smoking!

ok when did I say they should fear us,where u get dat from ??? , perhaps is u on d pineapple express :mackdaddy: :bs: ,

its simple observation,if u watch d US they are jus uncomfortable with teams runnin at them, all I sayin an listen closely now................. if ......we ........come....... out...... and........ run..... at....... dem, wit.......... no.... fear......, we...... may...... pull....... off....... a..... surprise
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 06:57:52 AM »
I agree, T&T is a BS team and should not be feared.

One the flip side, even if we were a good team, USA will still never show us any respect. They dont normally do.

I believe we are the worst team in the hex and if we make it to SA I will play the lottery everyday.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 07:04:37 AM »

Please Lefty, pass the cutchie pon the left hand side it ah go bun, that must be some good stuff you're smoking!

ok when did I say they should fear us,where u get dat from ??? , perhaps is u on d pineapple express :mackdaddy: :bs: ,

its simple observation,if u watch d US they are jus uncomfortable with teams runnin at them, all I sayin an listen closely now................. if ......we ........come....... out...... and........ run..... at....... dem, wit.......... no.... fear......, we...... may...... pull....... off....... a..... surprise

All I sayin is this, listen closely now and doh take it personal................. talk.......is.......cheap.......when.......preparation.......is.......weak!

My message is not directed at you my friend but at the powers that be at the TTFF who are failing Latas in helping him to prepare our team properly despite warm-up funds being received (tax-payers money) by them from the Ministry of Sports.

I do also find it annoying that so many Trinis repeatedly underestimate the USA and expect us to win easily against them despite the history that is there for all to see. Not saying that you are one of them well at least I hope not!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 07:39:40 AM »

All I sayin is this, listen closely now and doh take it personal................. talk.......is.......cheap.......when.......preparation.......is.......weak!

My message is not directed at you my friend but at the powers that be at the TTFF who are failing Latas in helping him to prepare our team properly despite warm-up funds being received (tax-payers money) by them from the Ministry of Sports.

I do also find it annoying that so many Trinis repeatedly underestimate the USA and expect us to win easily against them despite the history that is there for all to see. Not saying that you are one of them well at least I hope not!

I hear yuh loud and clear and I not under estimating dem, I am simple exposing ah glaring flaw in their game, and in some instances in their psychology.

1. They uncomfortable when teams run at them
2. D superiority complex dey have, perhaps deservidly so,  when dealin wit d weaker teams, puts dem ah comfort zone of sorts, remove that comfort by flippin d script, growin ah pair, an take d game to dem an u nevva know............u tink dem didn' go El Salvador expectin to simply overrun dem.........an' look wat happen
dih nearly loss

my ting is we doh show Any kinda balls playin d States, home or away, an no amt a warm-up could break dat, dem fellas have to want it and want bad
I pity the fool....

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 10:03:45 AM »
t&t needs to show some heart and energy when they are paying. TAKE jamaica, except for England some years back they are never over run by big teams Evan though they are technically and skillfully weaker,they simply get in the right mentality and run hard full ninety they are weaker than trin but is rated better and other teams will rather play them than us in friendly simply because they know they' ll get a good game....i think we should play them away for a prep match some rivalry should spark something in us.
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 10:28:55 AM »

I hear yuh loud and clear and I not under estimating dem, I am simple exposing ah glaring flaw in their game, and in some instances in their psychology.

2. D superiority complex dey have, perhaps deservidly so,  when dealin wit d weaker teams, puts dem ah comfort zone of sorts, remove that comfort by flippin d script, growin ah pair, an take d game to dem an u nevva know............u tink dem didn' go El Salvador expectin to simply overrun dem.........an' look wat happen
dih nearly loss

my ting is we doh show Any kinda balls playin d States, home or away, an no amt a warm-up could break dat, dem fellas have to want it and want bad

This is my whole thing..I does get frustrated watching every US game (away) since 1998...we does lose the same way..they does come out aggressive..pressure we doh allow us to settle score an early goal then dictate the play for most of the first..then..either late in half or as soon as half time finish..we players run at them..they does look more than shaky..they defenders does make magical clearances and their keepers (who are always good) make very good saves..then they's score on a counter (if they score again) and we put we tail between we leg and let them have the rest of the game..

at home is basically the same except they doh dictate the play as much...

the point is every game..they show us that they can be beaten...that we can beat them and WE (until the 2-1 last year) refuse to man up and do it...If we could have beaten a full strength mexico team at home..we could beat the states at home..

but the players does get fletching scared...

I hope we use the last few games..even if we doh qualify to improve our reputation by beating these teams and demanding the respect we deserve in Concacaf..

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 11:10:34 AM »

dih nearly loss

We need to rough up Donovan, and  make life hard for Omyewu. Get the ball to Scotty/Tinto and let him twist up Onyewu. We don't need to try out play him in the air. We need a forward who can dribble across the two center backs effectively.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 01:38:11 PM »
dem men fraid dey aint get no Visa dred.. LOL

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 05:10:54 PM »
dem men fraid dey aint get no Visa dred.. LOL

holy ice cream sundaes batman u might be unto sumting  :thinking:

I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 05:24:29 PM »
Tell me, if our team play as a tight unit, with the mid-field controlling an equal amount of the play we go be alright. But if they allow the US to run thru the middle and escort them to our defence then everything go be a waste of time.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 08:06:15 PM »
If we are anything as scrappy, unfit, amateur and naive as we were against El Salvador, we will not see our way against the States. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 06:54:06 AM »
USMNT travel to Trinidad & Tobago for a game on Sept. 9, which will also be televised live on ESPN Classic and Galavision.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Bradley Calls 24 For El Salvador And T&T
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 04:14:37 PM »
Bradley Calls 24 For El Salvador And T&T
goal.com

Bob Bradley called in 24 players to camp ahead of the U.S.'s next two qualifiers against El Salvador and Trinidad & Tobago.

U.S. Soccer released the names of the 24 players who will train with the U.S. National Team ahead of the September 5 qualifier against El Salvador and the September 8 date with Trinidad and Tobago in Port of Spain.

The roster includes 17 players who participated in this summer's Confederations Cup as well as mainstays Brian Ching and Steve Cherundolo.

“Clearly these are very important games in our effort to qualify for 2010 FIFA World Cup,” said U.S. head coach Bob Bradley said in a press release. “As we expected, qualifying in this region is very competitive. Both El Salvador and Trinidad & Tobago will be hungry to get points from these matches, and we have an opportunity to position ourselves well to secure a berth for South Africa.”

Three players, midfielders Kyle Beckman and Robbie Rodger and forward Robbie Findley are the only players on the 24-man list who have not made a WCQ appearance for the USA.

Full Roster By Position:

GOALKEEPERS (2): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa: 5/3 SO), Tim Howard (Everton FC: 12/7 SO)
DEFENDERS (8): Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes: 22/3), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA, 2/0), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover: 19/0), Jay DeMerit (Watford: 3/0), Clarence Goodson (IK Start: 1/0), Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew: 2/0), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan: 17/1), Jonathan Spector (West Ham: 2/0)
MIDFIELDERS (8): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake: 0/0), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach: 11/4), Ricardo Clark (Houston Dynamo: 6/0), Clint Dempsey (Fulham: 18/4), Benny Feilhaber (AGF Aarhus: 2/0), Stuart Holden (Houston Dynamo: 1/0), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew: 0/0), José Francisco Torres (Pachuca: 5/0)
FORWARDS (6): Jozy Altidore (Hull City: 9/5), Conor Casey (Colorado Rapids: 5/0), Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo: 16/6), Charlie Davies (FC Sochaux: 3/2), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy: 31/11), Robbie Findley (Real Salt Lake: 0/0)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 04:20:10 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/z4sJjaOCKJ4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/z4sJjaOCKJ4</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 04:20:51 PM »
Well thats it for Findley playing for T&T...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 04:25:48 PM »
Win 1 game strategy beat Honduras.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2009, 05:55:34 PM »
Findley joins Beckerman on U.S. National Team
Reported by: Dana Greene (ABC-4 Sports)

SALT LAKE CITY - Real Salt Lake's Kyle Beckerman and Robbie Findley have been named by U.S. Men’s National Team Head Coach Bob Bradley to the roster that will represent the United States in the upcoming CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers, taking place the RSL duo’s Rio Tinto Stadium home on Saturday, Sept. 5 against El Salvador and four days later at Port-au-Spain, Trinidad against Trinidad & Tobago. Due to Real Salt Lake’s bye week, Beckerman and Findley are not expected to miss any time for their MLS side, returning in time for the team’s home game on Sat., Sept. 12 against the Chicago Fire.

The U.S. faces El Salvador for the second time in the final round of 2010 FIFA World Cup Qualifying after coming from behind to earn a 2-2 draw in San Salvador behind goals from Jozy Altidore and Frankie Hejduk.

“On behalf of Real Salt Lake, we are pleased to see U.S. Soccer rewarding two of our players, Kyle for his outstanding run in the Gold Cup and Robbie for his noteworthy form in Major League Soccer play,” said RSL General Manager Garth Lagerwey, “Important games such as these will not only help Kyle and Robbie grow as players, but will also provide them with valuable experience that can help them lead our club towards another postseason berth. We wish Kyle, Robbie and the United States team great success at Rio Tinto Stadium and throughout the remainder of qualifying.”

Beckerman earned six of his nine career caps at the Gold Cup, with all previous three national team appearances coming during the Copa America stint two summers ago in Venezuela, while his last previous call-up to the Senior Team came during a January camp in 2008. Beckerman was one of 15 Major League Soccer players on the Gold Cup roster, earning a runner-up finish in the regional competition.

“Once again, I’m excited to have the chance to represent my country and help us qualify for South Africa,” said the 27-year-old Beckerman, who played 498 minutes and appeared in all six Gold Cup games this summer for Bob Bradley’s squad, starting five times and scoring the equalizer in the critical come-from-behind quarterfinal win over Panama. “The Gold Cup call-up was a total surprise, I’m glad that I performed well enough for the coaches to give me this shot. Wearing the U.S. badge in Rio Tinto Stadium in front of Real Salt Lake’s fans will surely be a special opportunity. I can’t wait for September 5.”

Findley, who leads RSL with 10 goals this season, will be in search of his second career appearance for the U.S. Men’s National Team in the upcoming qualifiers, his first cap coming back on Oct. 17, 2007, when he entered the USA’s 1-0 victory at Switzerland in the 90th minute in place of Clint Dempsey. Despite only one cap at the senior level, Findley is no stranger to the U.S. National Team system, having helped his country qualify for the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing by appearing in all five CONCACAF region qualifying matches in March of 2008 before being named one of four alternates for the squad that traveled to China for the Games last August.

“It’s been awhile since I’ve suited up with the national team, so it will be an incredible feeling to represent my country again,” said the 24-year-old Findley. “I’ve just been trying to focus on our team’s success here with Real Salt Lake, so it’s great that this opportunity has presented itself through my efforts and contributions to my club. Our fans have always been supportive and behind us no matter what, so I can’t even explain what a great feeling it would be to be able to wear that U.S. jersey in front of them.”

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 06:13:57 PM »
Well thats it for Findley playing for T&T...
What in the world do we need finley for!!! we are in no wise short of good quality strikers and goal keepers.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009, 09:13:25 AM »
T&T adds new faces Zamora, Samuel vs. U.S.
By Paul Kennedy (Special to SI.com, Soccer America).

Trinidad and Tobago coach Russell Latapy called up a pair of former England U-21s -- Fulham striker Bobby Zamora and Bolton defender Jlloyd Samuel -- for crucial World Cup 2010 qualifiers against Honduras Saturday in San Pedro Sula and the U.S. on Sept. 9 in Port of Spain, though Zamora's availability was in doubt because of an injury.

In Honduras but not on the team is T&T great Dwight Yorke, who was expected to announce his international retirement shortly.

Zamora did not meet the Soca Warriors in Miami on Monday for their connection to Honduras and was expected to see a specialist this week before a decision on his availability would be made.

San Jose Earthquakes forward Cornell Glen is also among the players who began training in San Pedro Sula Tuesday for Saturday's game. Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder Chris Birchall withdrew because of an injury.

A loss to Honduras will means T&T will face a must-win situation against the U.S. if it hopes to have even a shot at fourth place -- and a playoff berth -- in the Hexagonal.

Yorke played in T&T's qualifier against El Salvador last month but has failed to find a team for the 2009-10 English season. He spent Tuesday inspecting facilities in San Pedro Sula with the T&T technical staff.

Roster:

Goalkeepers: Clayton Ince (Walsall/England), Marvin Phillip (W Connection), Jan Michael Williams (W Connection).

Defenders: Keyeno Thomas (Joe Public), Radanfah Abu Bakr (Swansea City/England), Marvin Andrews (Hamilton Academical/Scotland), Jlloyd Samuel (Bolton/England), Silvio Spann (Wrexham/England), Keston Williams (Defence Force).

Midfielders: Lyndon Andrews (Ma Pau), Hughton Hector (W Connection), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Carlos Edwards (Ipswich/England), Trent Noel (Joe Public), Keon Daniel (Caledonia AIA), Hayden Tinto (Joe Public).

Forwards: Kerry Baptiste (Joe Public), Kenwyne Jones (Sunderland/England), Jason Scotland (Wigan Athletic/England), Bobby Zamora (Fulham/England), Cornell Glen (San Jose Earthquakes/MLS).

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/soccer/09/02/tnt.roster/#ixzz0Pxj5m48g

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 09:19:56 AM »
Half d reason that we have no respect in Concacaf is because of us. TnT is d ONLY PLACE in concacaf, where teams is look at the schedule and say they could win on d road. Even El Salvador, the USA is be happy for a draw.

But we? We hospitable and nice so teams know they could come in we yard and beat we when they feel like. How u could expect respect when a man know he could walk in your yard and oppose u and walk back out safe, safe...? We welcome everybody with open arms and expect the team to do all d work on the field.

The same team that playing away is the same team that playing home...the only real difference between home and away is us, d supporters.

(And well the weather for them countries who living in d cold, but that doh really apply here)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 09:21:37 AM by spideybuff »
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>