March 28, 2024, 01:31:03 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (09-Sept-2009).  (Read 80513 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (09-Sept-2009).
« Reply #120 on: September 07, 2009, 09:24:54 PM »
So I just watching fox fone in on FSC and Wynalda say how people need to get off the US soccer team back. That people don't understand how hard it is to play against bad teams. El Salvador is just bad and they do not play soccer they just run around the field. They don't play soccer like the US can. He say the US just need to get through these shite games and get ready for th ereal games next summer.

WTH, this dude is ah real idiot and full of heself. He say if was not for the refes and how bad ES was the US would have won by 6-1.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline mouie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2009, 10:15:28 PM »
USA like to play a fast game.We need to slow it down and not play the game they want us to play.That's what they did in the last game and they dominated.Remember.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 07, 2009, 11:51:05 PM »
So I just watching fox fone in on FSC and Wynalda say how people need to get off the US soccer team back. That people don't understand how hard it is to play against bad teams. El Salvador is just bad and they do not play soccer they just run around the field. They don't play soccer like the US can. He say the US just need to get through these shite games and get ready for th ereal games next summer.

WTH, this dude is ah real idiot and full of heself. He say if was not for the refes and how bad ES was the US would have won by 6-1.
Yuh hear the part when he said he played ah qualifying game in jamaica and it had ah set ah ants nest on the pitch and he got stung up wid soldier ants. :devil:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 07, 2009, 11:57:33 PM »
Ah wonder if this fella yours truly is latapy in cognito?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2009, 04:46:23 AM »
Just to clarify to Brownsugar and Just Cool, I am a member of the TT media fraternity. Just be grateful for the info that you receive instead of querying my identity, thanks....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2009, 04:56:06 AM »
The US match at Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain promises to be tricky for the Americans in more ways than one.

The Americans are at their best when they impose themselves physically, especially in defense and midfield. However, that kind of mentality comes with a price, and the USA has struggled desperately to stay on the right side of the officials this year.

As a result, seven key players precariously sit just one yellow card away from a one-game suspension that would kick in for the critical visit to Honduras next month. Landon Donovan, Jozy Altidore, Carlos Bocanegra, Ricardo Clark, Clint Dempsey, Benny Feilhaber and Steve Cherundolo are all in danger and coach Bradley would not want to be without any of them in Tegucigalpa.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2009, 05:03:09 AM »
Just to clarify to Brownsugar and Just Cool, I am a member of the TT media fraternity. Just be grateful for the info that you receive instead of querying my identity, thanks....

Agreed !!! allyuh be grateful nah.

Offline Automan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2009, 05:11:28 AM »
YoursTruly,  Yuh have any media covering the U20's fuh we...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 08, 2009, 05:42:08 AM »

???
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2009, 05:50:25 AM »

Yours truly, I was being mischeivous and never expected you to reveal your identity.....thanks for the info eh.... :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 08, 2009, 05:54:10 AM »

Yours truly, I was being mischeivous and never expected you to reveal your identity.....thanks for the info eh.... :beermug:

U very diplomatic. I taught dat when u post ;D it was obvious.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 08, 2009, 06:14:44 AM »
We here don't come on allyuh site and start nutten, so what iz the attraction over here?! what is it yuh really looking for? did some body tell yuh it have ah treasure chest over here and yuh want tuh house it?!!  if that's the case then somebody told yuh wrong. what is it that does bring you guys here tuh act silly?

grow up nah man!

Not so fast JustCool. While I dont neccesarily agree with Jakans coming here looking for trouble, you guys need to learn to be tolerable of this sort of thing sometimes. It happens on football message boards all over the internet, particularly with opposing fans from rival teams.  I can list at least 6 posters on this site who post / visit the various Jamaican message boards everyday. I can even tell you that there are many who post more frequently on the RBZ boards than they post here.

I guarantee you had it been Jamaica sitting at the bottom of the Hex just coming off a mauling in Honduras, we would have been subject to some serious PICONG (if thats the right word) from your fans. Thats how football is my brother, today for you tomorrow for me. Just Ask Big Magician, who never misses an opportunity to highlight the fact that Jamaica has used UK born players in the past, only now for his idol, Rusell Latapy to turn arund and slap him in the face by doing the same thing he's been rdiculing Ja over for years. Its stuff like this that makes football what it is.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 06:23:06 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
CONCACAF finish line in sight
« Reply #132 on: September 08, 2009, 07:52:34 AM »
CONCACAF finish line in sight(FIFA.com) Tuesday 8 September 2009

With just three rounds to go, Wednesday night is shaping up to be a crucial matchday in CONCACAF qualifying for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™.

While no teams will officially qualify, the leading four - USA, Honduras (both 13 points), Mexico and Costa Rica (both 12) - could all put a foot closer to next summer's showpiece. El Salvador and Trinidad and Tobago, on the other hand, face elimination. A loss for either one will turn to dust their hopes of reaching the first world finals on African soil.

The marquis match-up pits resurgent and revitalised Mexico against Honduras at the fabled Estadio Azteca. The Hondurans beat El Tri in their last two qualifying meetings, both in San Pedro Sula, offering a touch of extra motivation to the Mexicans. However, the Catrachos - coming off a 4-1 victory over T&T at the weekend - have never won on Mexican soil and will be up against a far different side this time around. Javier Aguirre's men have been firing on all cylinders of late and are fresh off consecutive wins over the US and Costa Rica.

We've suffered away from home, but now the team is working well. We face a tough test against a very good Honduran team and we need to show how we play at home.
Giovani dos Santos of Mexico

Since Aguirre took the reins from Sven-Goran Eriksson in April, Mexican spirit and results have taken a drastic upturn. They are on an 11-game unbeaten streak and, after losing their first game under Aguirre, they have won eight and drawn three.

The coach, in his second stint with the national team, can also take heart in the scintillating performance put in by Giovani dos Santos in the impressive 3-0 rout of Costa Rica on the road in San Jose. The Spurs man, tentative under Erikkson, has found his form, scoring one and setting up two at the weekend. Captain Rafa Marquez and Carlos Vela will again be unavailable through injury, but Mexico can rely on the fine form of Andres Guardado, Guille Franco and Efrain Juarez.

"We've suffered away from home," said Dos Santos after Mexico's first road win of the campaign, conversely Costa Rica's only loss at home. "But now the team is working well. We face a tough test against a very good Honduran team and we need to show how we play at home."

Dos Santos is right not to take Honduras lightly. Reinaldo Rueda's charges have the power and pace to unbalance Mexico, even at their fortress Azteca, and the return to fitness of David Suazo - who scored at the weekend - will give added impetus to the Catrachos, who are aiming to reach their first FIFA World Cup since Spain 1982.

Duo face the abyss
In other action, USA - who lead the final six-team 'hexagonal' (tied with Honduras on 13 points) - will travel to Port of Spain to tangle with Trinidad and Tobago. With the islanders playing for their very survival and on the verge of elimination, it could be a tricky night indeed for Bob Bradley's Americans, who lost at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in the previous qualifying round.

"They're playing at home so they'll have some pride," said Landon Donovan, who became the USA's all-time leader in qualifying appearances with a man-of-the-match performance in the 2-1 win over El Salvador in Utah. "I don't know if mathematically they're out but they're pretty close to [being eliminated]. It's hard to know what to expect, but we can't really worry about that. We have to go and try to win the game."

The US defence, which struggled throughout against a much-improved El Salvador, will be bolstered by the return of Oguchi Onyewu after his suspension for an accumulation of yellow cards.

The last game of the night sees Costa Rica travelling to fellow Central Americans El Salvador. With confidence bruised after the previously high-flying Ticos fell from first place to fourth - and out of the frame for one of the three automatic berths in the region - coach Rodrigo Kenton is facing his first real bit of adversity since taking over as coach just over a year ago.

Up against a Salvadoran side who have taken all five of their points so far at their Cuscatlan ground and face elimination with a loss, things will not be easy for Bryan Ruiz, Celso Borges and the talented, though deflated, Costa Ricans.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 08, 2009, 09:29:07 AM »
This would be my Team for this game....KJ only on the field because Onyewu is back and his size an presence is huge in the area so we may need KJ to match him otherwise I would put Baptiste or Scotland and Glen...up front.

INCE

Spann                Bakr         Thomas               Williams

Tinto                   Carlos           Noel/Scotland              Jl.Samuel

KJ        Baptiste/Glen

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 08, 2009, 10:38:17 AM »
This would be my Team for this game....KJ only on the field because Onyewu is back and his size an presence is huge in the area so we may need KJ to match him otherwise I would put Baptiste or Scotland and Glen...up front.

INCE

KJ        Baptiste/Glen

Who covering Bakr and Thomas? Who tackling in the midfield?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 08, 2009, 10:58:26 AM »

INCE

KJ        Baptiste/Glen

Carlos played Right Back didn't he???.......so he has defensive qualities with Noel ...So Carlos can be the play maker along with using his speed to help the two center backs if needed...Cause nobody doing it now are they?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 08, 2009, 11:03:42 AM »

INCE

KJ        Baptiste/Glen

That's what u studying? I want to klnow how come is Glenn or Baptiste all of a suddden, when Glenn is d #1 striker on d side.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 08, 2009, 11:07:26 AM »

INCE

KJ        Baptiste/Glen

That's what u studying? I want to klnow how come is Glenn or Baptiste all of a suddden, when Glenn is d #1 striker on d side.

I like Glen over Baptiste...but with that said yuh have to give ah man credit if he hitting the back of the net as often as Baptiste is right now...so I would actually like to replace KJ with him but because of Onyewu size that may not be an option.

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 08, 2009, 11:09:21 AM »

[/quote] What it iz yuh wish to accomplish exactly ? MR GENTLEMAN! and i use the term losely.

We here don't come on allyuh site and start nutten, so what iz the attraction over here?! what is it yuh really looking for? did some body tell yuh it have ah treasure chest over here and yuh want tuh house it?!!  if that's the case then somebody told yuh wrong. what is it that does bring you guys here tuh act silly?

grow up nah man!
[/quote] thats not true just cool , dont take anything personal still I know you are a good man but
on Thereggaeboyz.com it is filled with trinis even a trini moderator and they start fights over there.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 08, 2009, 01:10:33 PM »

grow up nah man!

Not so fast JustCool. While I dont neccesarily agree with Jakans coming here looking for trouble, you guys need to learn to be tolerable of this sort of thing sometimes. It happens on football message boards all over the internet, particularly with opposing fans from rival teams.  I can list at least 6 posters on this site who post / visit the various Jamaican message boards everyday. I can even tell you that there are many who post more frequently on the RBZ boards than they post here.

I guarantee you had it been Jamaica sitting at the bottom of the Hex just coming off a mauling in Honduras, we would have been subject to some serious PICONG (if thats the right word) from your fans. Thats how football is my brother, today for you tomorrow for me. Just Ask Big Magician, who never misses an opportunity to highlight the fact that Jamaica has used UK born players in the past, only now for his idol, Rusell Latapy to turn arund and slap him in the face by doing the same thing he's been rdiculing Ja over for years. Its stuff like this that makes football what it is.

As usual you are talking nonsense. point out one T&T poster from your reggaeboyz site that posts the kind of cacaholery that you and Jackass 2099 and the other idiots post here. In fact several T&T posters have even made moderator on your board.

IMO most of the posters on your site are supportive of T&T and caribbean football in general.

One really hads to wonder about the mental gymnastics that go on inside your head to come up with some of the conclusions that you present here.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 02:23:29 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 08, 2009, 01:15:18 PM »
We need upsets or draws on Wed. ES beat/draw CR.  and HON beat/draw Mexico.  Then we do our business the first step to recovering SA.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2009, 01:31:20 PM »
We need upsets or draws on Wed. ES beat/draw CR.  and HON beat/draw Mexico.  Then we do our business the first step to recovering SA.

A drunk preacher.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #142 on: September 08, 2009, 03:17:02 PM »

Strangely, ES seems to play well against everybody except us.

I can't believe Dog still on this team. Why?

I respect that man for his contribution to TT football but really don't see the point.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 08, 2009, 05:07:55 PM »
From USSF email:

DOING THE MATH: While a lot of variables still remain to determine which teams will represent CONCACAF at the 2010 FIFA World Cup, consider these facts for the U.S. heading into the final three games:

* A win against Trinidad & Tobago, or a tie coupled with an El Salvador loss or tie against Costa Rica, would clinch a top-four finish for the U.S. There is no scenario for the U.S. to clinch a top three position on MatchDay 8.
    * El Salvador and Trinidad & Tobago need at least a point to stave off elimination – and even that won’t assure their qualifying runs will continue. If either Costa Rica or Mexico get at least one point, El Salvador and T & T need to win to stay in the running for a top-three place. If both Costa Rica and Mexico get one point, only a win will keep El Salvador and T & T in the running for the fourth-place playoff position.
    * In the previous two World Cup cycles, the third place team qualified for the World Cup with 16 points in 2006, and 17 points in 2002.

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 08, 2009, 05:50:38 PM »

grow up nah man!

Thanx RFan justcool has just proven him self to be a pork head dread ...
at the same time we blame Burrell for getting us knock out in earlier
stages ... it was his hypocrosy between Boxhill and warner why we
had such  a hard group ...  :banginghead:

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 08, 2009, 07:07:07 PM »
Young forwards have US approaching World Cup berth

Jozy Altidore and Charlie Davies are too young to remember the last time the United States missed the World Cup.

Now, these two forwards are a big reason why the Americans could close in on a sixth straight berth when they play at Trinidad and Tobago on Wednesday night.

“We have a lot of pace. We’re young guys with a lot of energy,” Davies said. “It’s definitely helpful. I think it definitely brings a lot to the team.”

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 08, 2009, 07:48:06 PM »
Preview: Trinidad & Tobago - United States

Coming off a 2-1 home victory over El Salvador, Bob Bradley and the US Men's National Team will face Trinidad and Tobago at Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain on Wednesday night.

Bradley's team fell behind early on Saturday night thanks to a goal from the visitors' Christian Castillo that stunned the crowd in Salt Lake City, Utah. Two quick strikes before the half-time whistle from Clint Dempsey and Jozy Altidore gave the Red, White and Blue a lead they would not relinquish.

The only roster changes from the game on Saturday have seen the coaching staff drop Jay DeMerit and Conor Casey from the roster that traveled to Trinidad. DeMerit is recovering from a strained left groin and was unable to participate in practice, while Casey was unable to report to camp following last Monday's procedure to remove his wisdom teeth.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 08, 2009, 10:42:05 PM »
RF...and Carib man... haul allyuh stinking mudder c#nts...I will deal with allyuh soon
I have a hex match tomorrow...warm up yuh fu#king TV
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline riodano1510

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 09, 2009, 12:40:14 AM »
i am not a violent person and i think hooliganism shud not be tolerated but de way we's let other country's just come in we country and stroll about and do whatever they plz is rellll ballz right now i reside in brooklyn,ny but rest assure if i was in t'dad id get arrested today for stoning de maxi with de U.S team enroute to the stadium but thas jus me
The work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives and the dream shall never die.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 09, 2009, 12:48:46 AM »

A (former, in this case) member of the US national team who is an idiot and full of himself?  Why am I not surprised

1]; } ?>