April 18, 2024, 11:58:42 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (09-Sept-2009).  (Read 81196 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (09-Sept-2009).
« Reply #180 on: September 09, 2009, 12:22:49 PM »
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 09, 2009, 12:34:36 PM »
good luck fellaz!  lewwwe try to hit dem 2.  dem yanks ent good.  same cross in the box header they scorin every game.  2 dribblers up front go have dem goin!

kounty ah feel yuh on to something. Two dribblers in de front might be just what we need. Tinto gettin we a penalty of guuch for sure.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 09, 2009, 12:57:13 PM »
Ah doh know how a feeling nah ?!?!  Ticket in mih pocket, leaving de office, red flag, red juzzy and a sigh in mih heart.  "Jes play good football" echoing in my spirit, but hoping for the bess is only heartache from this team.  Whether we qualify or not is not the issue.  Is the lack of respect for the jersey, the country and the beautiful game.  I helping one of the SSFL teams this year and is this what dem youths aspiring to?  Steups.  All this random thoughts in mih head. 

But what if...?  What if they actually play?  What if we see artistry like when we beat Guatemala 3-2?  What if? 

Jumping in mih car now...see allyuh on de half in de stadium.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #183 on: September 09, 2009, 01:02:46 PM »
does anyone know if ctnt bringing the game?
VB

ESPN360 showing it and it on ESPNClassic.

http://atdhe.net/

I am in Turkey and that feed usually gets cut off in the first 20 to 60 mnts.
Don't know if anyone else has that problem

If youare going to watch that channel have a back up.

VB

http://www.ussoccerplayers.com/ussoccerplayers/2009/09/live-usa-tt.html
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 09, 2009, 01:03:19 PM »
BELIEVE
FIGHT TILL THE END

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 09, 2009, 01:03:39 PM »
Ah doh know how a feeling nah ?!?! 

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 09, 2009, 01:05:36 PM »
Go Warriors .. we back against the wall so I expect a spirited performance tonight .

Something have to be seriously wrong if yuh rep red white and black and cant 'get up' for a USA game... 3-1 T&T :bringiton:

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 09, 2009, 01:16:00 PM »
Ah doh know how a feeling nah ?!?!  Ticket in mih pocket, leaving de office, red flag, red juzzy and a sigh in mih heart.  "Jes play good football" echoing in my spirit, but hoping for the bess is only heartache from this team.  Whether we qualify or not is not the issue.  Is the lack of respect for the jersey, the country and the beautiful game.  I helping one of the SSFL teams this year and is this what dem youths aspiring to?  Steups.  All this random thoughts in mih head. 

But what if...?  What if they actually play?  What if we see artistry like when we beat Guatemala 3-2?  What if? 

hear nah trinimuse, i feelin jus like u.

all i want to see from my team tonite is d fight. ah didnt see dat saturday. if we fight an we still loss, ah cud take dat. wat ah cyah take is to see we loss after a game of heartless football.

so ill be in d stadium, wid a heavy heart, but still supportin muh boys 100%

if any players readin dis, jus play wid heart, passion an pride tonight. give we diehards someting to cheer an feel good about.  :beermug:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 09, 2009, 01:19:02 PM »
I now leaving the office to head home and take a fresh...I going and try to reach early and see if I could win the FCB giveaway and kick a ball into the goal from half line for some change.

Hoping for the best!

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Texastrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 09, 2009, 01:20:26 PM »
Dats mih team ah hadda support them win lose or draw even though sometimes ah does feel to tell them HDMC.  But still mih team.  GO WARRIORS. Beat them Yanks.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why is the ref for tonight's USA game from El Salvador?
« Reply #190 on: September 09, 2009, 01:52:58 PM »
we fighting with them for the 4th spot.

WTF wrong with concacaf?

this is clearly a conflict of interest.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2009/09/usa-vs-trinidad-tobago-meet-the-ref.html

Tonight's referee is Joel Aguilar of El Salvador. The 30-year-old referee is regarded as one of the best young officials in CONCACAF and was actually one of five CONCACAF referees to be pre-selected to the pool for referees for World Cup 2010. In fact, he was youngest referee in that 38-referee pool.

As for his recent body of work, Aguilar will be remembered most recently for his sending off of Mexico head coach Javier Aguirre during the Gold Cup after Aguirre collided with Panamanian Ricardo Phillips. The play resulted in a suspension for Aguirre, but some bad blood toward Aguilar, who was pulled from doing the USA-Mexico qualifier in Mexico City after objections from the Mexican Federation. This might explain why he hasn't done a qualifier since Costa Rica's 2-0 win vs. Honduras on Feb. 11.

Wondering about Aguilar's track record with the United States?

He officiated the U.S. team's 1-0 win vs. Cuba in Cuba last year, and also refereed the United States' 0-0 tie vs. Argentina on June 6, 2008.

Canadian national team fans don't have fond memories of Aguilar after he awarded a controversial penalty to Honduras in the Gold Cup quarterfinals in July, a decision that ultimately helped knock the Canadians out of the tournament.

And if you're wondering, home teams are 4-2-1 in CONCACAF World Cup qualifying matches officiated by Aguilar, though one of those two home losses was Cuba's 1-0 loss to the United States.

Aguilar's most recent high-profile match was the SuperLiga final, won by Tigres on penalty kicks over the Chicago Fire on Aug. 5th.

So what's our take? Aguilar is one of the better referees in a region filled with bad ones, and while he did botch the penalty call in the Gold Cup quarters, he has a track record of being a solid official and one who should call tonight's game well.

What do you think of Aguilar officiating the USA-Trinidad & Tobago qualifier? Think the game is in good hands? Just glad someone like Neil Brizan or Courtney Campbell isn't reffing the match?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why is the ref for tonight's USA game from El Salvador?
« Reply #191 on: September 09, 2009, 02:02:15 PM »
Neil Brizan get a big dis dey.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 09, 2009, 02:03:25 PM »

all i want to see from my team tonite is d fight. ah didnt see dat saturday. if we fight an we still loss, ah cud take dat. wat ah cyah take is to see we loss after a game of heartless football.

if any players readin dis, jus play wid heart, passion an pride tonight. give we diehards someting to cheer an feel good about.  :beermug:

Aye Warrior Queen, did you get my PM??...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 09, 2009, 02:07:15 PM »
bring on brizan.

i see a tief in the making.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 09, 2009, 02:28:58 PM »
we pulling at straws here now!!!!!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 09, 2009, 02:40:16 PM »

yea chic. my class finishin jus now so i headin to d stadium soon.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 09, 2009, 02:47:02 PM »
Ah get a lil freeco for d game today, covered too.

I heading out in a lil bit
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 09, 2009, 02:47:13 PM »
It is not the ref fault if we win or loose. Is not the ref fault why we at the bottom.  :(
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 09, 2009, 02:49:27 PM »

yea chic. my class finishin jus now so i headin to d stadium soon.

Ok cool...ah have two peeps who came down from Tobago today and taking ah turn in the game.  So I have to wait on them to reach in Port of Spain and then we'll head to the stadium.  They were on the PBR in St. Joseph about 10 mins ago.  So ah waiting....but ah feel ah taking in this game by the rythmn section yes (dais if the rythmn section eh give up too)......cuz ah feel this is mih last game for the year and ah determined to enjoy mih self win, lose or draw.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Weyyyyyyyyyyy....look at people in de stadium!!!
« Reply #199 on: September 09, 2009, 02:52:49 PM »
It is now 4.49 pm, and I could count the poor die hards in the stadium - about 20 (no lie), de true warriors.  All de waggonist (including me) either at work still or heading for home.

cheers to the true warriors... :beermug:
allyuh hav real belly to take de 10 goals dat USA go score in we backside dis evenin

Pressure
 :beermug:

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 09, 2009, 02:54:19 PM »
If I didn know better, I woulda say is ah WAKE allyuh goin to oui.

Dais not how Warriors suppose to go into battle.
Toujour Pret!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Weyyyyyyyyyyy....look at people in de stadium!!!
« Reply #201 on: September 09, 2009, 02:57:33 PM »
Die-hards or just cant tell time? :D

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 09, 2009, 02:59:17 PM »
Die-hards or just cant tell time? :D

:rotfl:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #203 on: September 09, 2009, 03:05:27 PM »
it have something in trinidad called never see come see... that describes many back home with the exception of the die hards of course... but then again its so hard to define a die hard trinbagonian these days.. ::)

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 09, 2009, 03:08:03 PM »
ah wonder how much dem scalpers sellin ticket for dis evening.  if it runnin at $50, ah might buy one and entertain myself

Offline mouie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 09, 2009, 03:10:16 PM »
I will listen to you all sing a different tune when T&T win the game :beermug:

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 09, 2009, 03:13:03 PM »
Them Boyz have to get on Bad Bad and tusty tonight...like this.

Click...http://www.toronto-lime.com/music/2009/tt/TT%202K9%20-%20Blaxx%20-%20Thirsty.htm 
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 09, 2009, 03:14:54 PM »
Them Boyz have to get on Bad Bad and tusty tonight...like this.

Click...http://www.toronto-lime.com/music/2009/tt/TT%202K9%20-%20Blaxx%20-%20Thirsty.htm

Jam them tonight!!! :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 09, 2009, 03:22:25 PM »
I will listen to you all sing a different tune when T&T win the game :beermug:

What crystal ball you using man??

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 09, 2009, 03:26:12 PM »
we fighting with them for the 4th spot.

WTF wrong with concacaf?

this is clearly a conflict of interest.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2009/09/usa-vs-trinidad-tobago-meet-the-ref.html

Tonight's referee is Joel Aguilar of El Salvador. The 30-year-old referee is regarded as one of the best young officials in CONCACAF and was actually one of five CONCACAF referees to be pre-selected to the pool for referees for World Cup 2010. In fact, he was youngest referee in that 38-referee pool.

As for his recent body of work, Aguilar will be remembered most recently for his sending off of Mexico head coach Javier Aguirre during the Gold Cup after Aguirre collided with Panamanian Ricardo Phillips. The play resulted in a suspension for Aguirre, but some bad blood toward Aguilar, who was pulled from doing the USA-Mexico qualifier in Mexico City after objections from the Mexican Federation. This might explain why he hasn't done a qualifier since Costa Rica's 2-0 win vs. Honduras on Feb. 11.

Wondering about Aguilar's track record with the United States?

He officiated the U.S. team's 1-0 win vs. Cuba in Cuba last year, and also refereed the United States' 0-0 tie vs. Argentina on June 6, 2008.

Canadian national team fans don't have fond memories of Aguilar after he awarded a controversial penalty to Honduras in the Gold Cup quarterfinals in July, a decision that ultimately helped knock the Canadians out of the tournament.

And if you're wondering, home teams are 4-2-1 in CONCACAF World Cup qualifying matches officiated by Aguilar, though one of those two home losses was Cuba's 1-0 loss to the United States.

Aguilar's most recent high-profile match was the SuperLiga final, won by Tigres on penalty kicks over the Chicago Fire on Aug. 5th.

So what's our take? Aguilar is one of the better referees in a region filled with bad ones, and while he did botch the penalty call in the Gold Cup quarters, he has a track record of being a solid official and one who should call tonight's game well.

What do you think of Aguilar officiating the USA-Trinidad & Tobago qualifier? Think the game is in good hands? Just glad someone like Neil Brizan or Courtney Campbell isn't reffing the match?

Certain referees always pop up in certain games in CONCACAF. It eh no coincidence  ::)
Ah wonder who pay provided the better incentive
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>