April 27, 2024, 09:19:05 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (09-Sept-2009).  (Read 81953 times)

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (09-Sept-2009).
« Reply #480 on: September 09, 2009, 07:08:55 PM »
Say what Brazil have better beaches than South Africa.
2014 for Brazil.....
We going with the same team and coach  :devil:

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 09, 2009, 07:09:05 PM »
warriors we love you still   :applause:

we'll regroup and come out ready for 2014 campaign

:beermug:

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 09, 2009, 07:09:18 PM »
Woulda, coulda, shoulda but good fight by the Warriors tonight...

Carlos & Cornell run dey backside off and Jloyd is a good add to the team.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 09, 2009, 07:09:32 PM »
Is trini fans fault if the stadium was full we woulda win this game :devil:

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 09, 2009, 07:11:17 PM »
terrific effort
if we play like this all d time we will win a lot more games
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 09, 2009, 07:12:17 PM »
No sah...Tallest RUN BACKWARDS to mark ah man who was offside and in ding so, open the space for the shot. The shot was still good, but if tallest didn't open the gap.........

You have the benefit of a sideline view to see that the man was offside... Lawrence was looking at his goal.  Could he tell from that angle that the man was offside or did he see Donovan pushing down the left side and two players, one of them being Altidore the other Dempsey rushing into the middle so he ran to cover.  The ball was played back to the wing and Donovan pushed it onto Clark's feet.  Tallest was actually the Defender who rushed last minute to try and close out the shot.

If he'd left the middle open gambling that Dempsey was offside and Dempsey scored all ah we woulda say he do shit by letting ah man run free towards goal.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 07:14:04 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 09, 2009, 07:12:26 PM »
much better game as a former national player told me recently, alot of our players duncy dey doh read de game.  

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 09, 2009, 07:12:42 PM »
Thank you Warriors!
You could only sit down a study what might have been.

We started badly and continued worse, but this performance only makes it worse, because you realise the regrets we need to have.

At least i could finally start back analysing football like a neutral again.

Will be interesting to see what strategy they take for team selection for the final two games, as well as to watch the dogfight at the top. Costa Rica was always mih team, and I backing them on this one.

Lots of questions need to be answered in the meantime though - 2014 is not a fatality, as some seem to think.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 09, 2009, 07:13:01 PM »
sad that our two best games ended up in home losses

Ever since the injury and then he come back bulky, bulky I notice that.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline kearlthompson

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 09, 2009, 07:13:15 PM »
terrific effort
if we play like this all d time we will win a lot more games

Cosign

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 09, 2009, 07:13:26 PM »
Well that sucked arse ,I was sure we woulda score first ,to many missed opportunities .and that late goal sucked the life rite out of us .

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 09, 2009, 07:13:34 PM »
Same story different match...Up the performance at the wrong time of the campaign...It's got to be a culture thing.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 09, 2009, 07:13:45 PM »
Best game as a T&T team since we beat Haiti in the digicel cup. They play with real heart.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 09, 2009, 07:13:59 PM »
the joke of the region what a lame ass performance wow!
is that you in bed??
What you smoking... even the great maradona with mesi  loose 1:0
We played better, but finishing was poor.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 09, 2009, 07:14:08 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: : :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Very good game fellas. Well done. I feeling real good right now. We looked like we belong and even made the US commentators take stock on what they were saying. Thank you very much guys, this sort of performance was all we were asking for.

Well done.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #495 on: September 09, 2009, 07:14:46 PM »
Woulda, coulda, shoulda but good fight by the Warriors tonight...

Carlos & Cornell run dey backside off and Jloyd is a good add to the team.

Hopefully he sticks around- He and Cornell are the best crossers of the ball that we have.

Offline Born Again!

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 09, 2009, 07:15:09 PM »
What annoys me the most is that the US consistently gets 3 points from T&T whether they are home or in the HCS. When we match them as we did tonight we should come out with our points. Why the US who did not have a stellar performance leaving with all 3. steups the campaign over and what hurts the most is that we look like a team tonite. But the fact is just like the costa Rica game in Tobago we have left this game with nothing. We seem to have no edge to clinch these type of games and that is the difference between 5 pts and 10pts. El salvador, Costa Rica and against the US tonite we should have gotten all 3. Tight games yes, but to book tickets to a World Cup we have to win these types of games. I really really saddened. We are not scoring enough goals period! Goals change games and win matches.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 09, 2009, 07:15:20 PM »
What the hell. my feed on to commercial for about 5 min. ???

wey you livin shangrila

Nah , my neighbour change de channel. Ah had to knock on his door for him to put it back.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 09, 2009, 07:16:10 PM »
Hard luck fellas, good shift put in tonight, with a little bit of luck both Glen and Trent would have been on the scoreboard.....let's rebuild, wish revamping the TTFF could have been part of that plan
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 09, 2009, 07:16:22 PM »
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: : :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Very good game fellas. Well done. I feeling real good right now. We looked like we belong and even made the US commentators take stock on what they were saying. Thank you very much guys, this sort of performance was all we were asking for.

Well done.

Don't be fooled, no credit would ever be given to us...It would be broadcasted as a sub par performance by the US..

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 09, 2009, 07:18:18 PM »
Positive- We will keep Latapy and yorke- this is one of the best performance ofa T&T side against USA
 We Competitive- Something to work with

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 09, 2009, 07:18:24 PM »
I tired of the BS eh...but this game was not too bad.   Say what.......Brazil 2014 for sure

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 09, 2009, 07:18:41 PM »

Well done.

Don't be fooled, no credit would ever be given to us...It would be broadcasted as a sub par performance by the US..

Exactly thats whats happening right now... i want a couple of big Teams to get eliminated right now go make me feel better lmao if teams like Argentina eh make it  :devil: i hope jlloyd stick around and play most of our up comming games...

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #503 on: September 09, 2009, 07:19:43 PM »
Hard luck fellas, good shift put in tonight, with a little bit of luck both Glen and Trent would have been on the scoreboard.....let's rebuild, wish revamping the TTFF could have been part of that plan
Dohn forget Jones and Samuel. Unfortunately, a Trini DID score, but he plays for the US  :-\

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 09, 2009, 07:19:53 PM »
Really impress with Samuel composure,control,passing and ablity to read the game. Dis is probable the best I see the defence play in a long time.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 09, 2009, 07:20:36 PM »
No sah...Tallest RUN BACKWARDS to mark ah man who was offside and in ding so, open the space for the shot. The shot was still good, but if tallest didn't open the gap.........

You have the benefit of a sideline view to see that the man was offside... Lawrence was looking at his goal.  Could he tell from that angle that the man was offside or did he see Donovan pushing down the left side and two players, one of them being Altidore the other Dempsey rushing into the middle so he ran to cover.  The ball was played back to the wing and Donovan pushed it onto Clark's feet.  Tallest was actually the Defender who rushed last minute to try and close out the shot.

If he'd left the middle open gambling that Dempsey was offside and Dempsey scored all ah we woulda say he do shit by letting ah man run free towards goal.
Well I go ha to see a replay, because that man look to me to be faaaar offside so I doh know why ANY defender was rushing back to mark him for. Instinct, after doing it MANY TIMES as a defender, when a ball comes back like that from Donovan backwards to Clark, instinct does just make yuh step forward, not back. That keeping man onside thing does just piss me off with this side. I goh have to watch it again.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 09, 2009, 07:22:22 PM »
I tired of the BS eh...but this game was not too bad.   Say what.......Brazil 2014 for sure

Doh say dat nah.I heard it after '89.....'94 for sure.They even had a song

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 09, 2009, 07:22:48 PM »
Better horses for tougher courses , thanks for years of service guys .Hope not to see most of you again ,goodbye . Great game tonight btw.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 09, 2009, 07:26:08 PM »
Anyway, at least this was a decent shift by the fellas. Thanks for at least 3 competent looking games.....The first vs El Salvador, Costa Rica in Tobago and this one. At least Argentina lose too with they "no.1" player, s the night wasn't all bad.

Righto......on to the BIG SIDE........U-20.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 09, 2009, 07:27:04 PM »
Well I go ha to see a replay, because that man look to me to be faaaar offside so I doh know why ANY defender was rushing back to mark him for. Instinct, after doing it MANY TIMES as a defender, when a ball comes back like that from Donovan backwards to Clark, instinct does just make yuh step forward, not back. That keeping man onside thing does just piss me off with this side. I goh have to watch it again.

Tallest (#6) was the man who tried to close out Clark... is the run by Dempsey and Altidore which opened up the space, hard to fault any defender for going with the attacking players.  Clark came last minute from deep defensive mid... understandable why he woulda been up there alone by the 25-30 yard mark.

1]; } ?>