March 28, 2024, 02:47:31 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (05-Sept-2009).  (Read 129246 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (05-Sept-2009).
« on: June 09, 2009, 06:09:52 PM »
Greetings.

As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the 2010 FIFA World Cup Qualifying game vs Honduras (September 05th, 19:00) in Tegucigalpa, Honduras will be posted here, this way, we can help maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

Possible Live Internet Links.

I95.5fm

105.1FM

Justin TV

Soccer.Net

http://www.atdhe.net/
http://www.justin.tv/ktrachoforever

Livesoccertv

TV Viewing.

CNMG Live at 9pm.

Match video download

First Half

Second Half

T&T Squad:

Goalkeepers
Clayton Ince (Walsall/ENG), Marvin Phillip (W Connection), Jan Michael Williams (W Connection).

Defenders
Keyeno Thomas (Joe Public), Radanfah Abu Bakr (Swansea City/ENG), Marvin Andrews (Hamilton Academical/SCO), Jlloyd Samuel (Bolton Wanderers/ENG), Silvio Spann (Wrexham/ENG), Keston Williams (Defence Force).

Midfielders
Lyndon Andrews (Ma Pau), Hughton Hector (W Connection), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Carlos Edwards (Ipswich Town/ENG), Trent Noel (Joe Public), Keon Daniel (Caledonia AIA), Hayden Tinto (Joe Public).

Forwards
Kerry Baptiste (Joe Public), Kenwyne Jones (Sunderland/ENG), Jason Scotland (Wigan Athletic/ENG), Cornell Glen (San Jose Earthquakes/USA).

Honduras Squad:

Goalkeepers
Noel Valladares (CD Olimpia), Donis Escober (CD Olimpia), Ricardo Canales (Motagua).

Defence
Edgar Álvarez (Bari/ITA), Víctor Bernárdez (Anderlecht/BEL), Mauricio Sabillón (Marathón), Maynor Figueroa (Wigan Athletic/ENG), Emilio Izaguirre (Motagua), Erick Norales (Marathón), Carlos Palacios (Real España), Bonieck García (C.D. Olimpia).

Midfielders
Amado Guevara (Toronto FC/CAN), Julio César de León (Torino/ITA), Hendry Thomas (Wigan Athletic/ENG), Ramón Núñez (Cruz Azul/MEX), Danilo Turcios (CD Olimpia), Melvin Valladares (Real España).

Forwards
Walter Martinez (Marathón), Carlos Costly (Wigan Athletic/ENG), Carlos Pavón (Real España), Jerry Palacios (Marathón), David Suazo (Benfica/POR).

« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 12:40:35 PM by E-man »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (05-Sept-2009).
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 06:15:40 PM »
Of all the away games, I dread this one the most. They go be gunnin' for us after what we did them a couple years ago. On the other hand I feel we owe one to CR. We have let them of the hook on a too many occasions. Some were because of bad ref. calls.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 07:33:53 PM »
Of all the away games, I dread this one the most. They go be gunnin' for us after what we did them a couple years ago. On the other hand I feel we owe one to CR. We have let them of the hook on a too many occasions. Some were because of bad ref. calls.

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 05:29:45 AM »
Birchall got a 2nd yellow so sits out this game.  Hopefully J Lloyd and Zamora will make their debuts.  Based on the current standings we need to go for all 3 points, a draw will not help us.

------------------Ince-------------------
Edwards---Lawrence---J Lloyd----A. John
Tinto-------Noel-----Hyland----C. Samuel
-----------Glenn-----Zamora------------

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 05:37:44 AM »
Birchall got a 2nd yellow so sits out this game. 

I KNEW IT!!!....that ref was paid by somebody......it was Honduras!!!..... ;D

or it could be since he is American....he friggin clueless!!!....

On a serious note....I really couldn't understand that yellow.....an El Salvadorean player did the same thing to KJ....where was the yellow for that ref??  eh?? eh??  steups...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 05:48:01 AM »
Birchall got a 2nd yellow so sits out this game.  Hopefully J Lloyd and Zamora will make their debuts.  Based on the current standings we need to go for all 3 points, a draw will not help us.

Ok,
I did a quick check on FIFA and Soccernet to look at the card situation....
It seems as though this was Birchall's first yellow of the final round, so no problem there I think.
Actually, looking at it, we did pick up a lot of cards yesterday, but over the 6 games in the HEX, we have actually not gotten that much - we have 3 games with no cards at all ! The only men it seems on cards for us are Akile Edwards, Birchall, KJ, Clyde Leon and Lawrence. Maybe thats a reason we only have 5pts so far - intensity?

Honduras on the other hand, well, it seems as though they will be without their 3 big guns for the TT game:
Carlos Costly, Wilson Palacios and the number 10 Julio Ceasar DeLeon.
This is VERY significant indeed. I checked and double checked, these players, after last night win vs Costa Rica, now have accumulated 2 yellows in the final round of 6 games so far....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 05:57:11 AM »

Ok,
It seems as though this was Birchall's first yellow of the final round, so no problem there I think.
Actually, looking at it, we did pick up a lot of cards yesterday, but over the 6 games in the HEX, we have actually not gotten that much - we have 3 games with no cards at all ! The only men it seems on cards for us are Akile Edwards, Birchall, KJ, Clyde Leon and Lawrence. Maybe thats a reason we only have 5pts so far - intensity?

Honduras on the other hand, well, it seems as though they will be without their 3 big guns for the TT game:
This is VERY significant indeed. I checked and double checked, these players, after last night win vs Costa Rica, now have accumulated 2 yellows in the final round of 6 games so far....
I was hoping yuh said pavone yes, he's the danger man.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 06:01:11 AM »
Birchall got a 2nd yellow so sits out this game. 

I KNEW IT!!!....that ref was paid by somebody......it was Honduras!!!..... ;D

or it could be since he is American....he friggin clueless!!!....

On a serious note....I really couldn't understand that yellow.....an El Salvadorean player did the same thing to KJ....where was the yellow for that ref??  eh?? eh??  steups...

Our players must learn how to cry & roll around at the slightest contact like them Central Americans so that we can influence the ref to give out plenty yellows to our opponents! This is now part of the game and our players seemed to be very naive when it comes to when is the best time to cry and put on a great performace for the ref!!

Look at our yellow-card count as opposed to El Salvador's and you will understand exactly what I mean!
Those high amount of yellow cards could easily come back to hunt us if we are not careful.  :(
We must start giving crying teams a taste of their own crying medicine!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 06:06:06 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 06:02:32 AM »
We more than a game behind 4th spot.That Honduras victory last night was huge.Ah suppose we just have to take it one game at a time.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 06:20:05 AM »

Ok,

De Leon didn't get carded. It was Osman Chavez and Elvis Turcios according to Fifa

Also..Birchall got carded in San Salvador, didn't he, as well as Glen in Tobago...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 06:42:28 AM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 06:45:45 AM »
We more than a game behind 4th spot.That Honduras victory last night was huge.Ah suppose we just have to take it one game at a time.

Just beat Honduras
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 08:12:15 AM »
congrats on the win T&T.  We need to mash up Honduras!!!! 

P.S. ah sneaking ah message here on me honeymoon LOL, wife still sleeping....I real tusty fuh Trinidad football oui!  :rotfl:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 08:15:16 AM »
PLEASE...IMPORTANT

I need to know the kick off time for this match TT time Pleaseeee

( i book a gig on that night...stupid me...but ah broke...so)
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 08:16:38 AM »
congrats on the win T&T.  We need to mash up Honduras!!!! 

P.S. ah sneaking ah message here on me honeymoon LOL, wife still sleeping....I real tusty fuh Trinidad football oui!  :rotfl:

I go tell. Congrats now continue yuh tustyness 4 yuh wife.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 09:53:12 AM »
Ok here the scene..Honduras away is a very very difficult game so you cant go up there with a all out attacking line up nor a very defensive line up.. it has to be balanced

So here my line up for Honduras .. my picks

----------------------------------Ince---

--Spann----------Lawrence--------------Sancho---------JL'Samuel

-----------------------Noel-------------Hyland
Carlos-------------------------Dwight---------------------C.Samuel
-------------------------------Glenn--------------------------------

* Very fast counter attack with quality release from Dwight,Noel and Hyland
* Wingers will provide cover for the full backs
* Central mid provides defensive ability as well as good quality in attack
* Central defenders are experienced and good enough to deal with the situation

If Sancho is not included I would like to see Thomas or Julias battle it out... DOG too.. he'll be fit playing in the SPL

Shame Birchy suspended..would have been a big game for him

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 09:57:45 AM »
VS Honduras it will be a different case as Honduras is a better team than El Salvador is and they are also fast and at home. So we must be smart with our approach.

My team for Honduras is.

Clayton Ince, Marvin Phillip.

Cyd Gray, Dennis Lawrence, Radanfah Abu Bakr, Marvin Andrews, Jlloyd Samuel, Avery John.

Carlos Edwards, Hayden Tinto, Clyde Leon, Christopher Birchall, Silvio Spann, Trent Noel, Collin Samuel, Keon Daniel.

Kenwyne Jones, Stern John, Cornell Glen, Robert Zamora.

My Line up for HON.

Ince
Gray, Lawrence, Andrews, Avery
  Tinto, Edwards, Noel, Jlloyd
               Glen, Jones

My Line up for USA.

Ince
Gray, Lawrence, Andrews, Avery
Tinto, Edwards, Noel, Birchall, Jlloyd
                  Glen

I did not name Khaleem Hlyand becuase he will be with the under 20 team.

Cyd Gray is still the best right back we have. We will need him in Honduras. This is more of a survival than studing to blood young talent.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 09:59:00 AM »
Carlos is not a CM , Sam..

Either RW RB LW or LB would make more sense

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Honduras
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 10:33:26 AM »
I think these guys will actually beat teams when they get to South africa. Costa Rica didnt know what hit them last night. I believe they have El Salvador next, which looks like a certain 3 points for honduras. If that holds, then one other victory should get them a top 3 spot.

The table as it is now may very well be the way it looks at the end of the Hex.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 10:34:21 AM »
Fellas Cyd and sancho eh comin back.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Honduras
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 10:35:11 AM »
Just like how JA was 2 beat peeps correck.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 10:44:03 AM »
DOUBLE TEAM COSTLY AND PAVON
then you go win.

:wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 05:57:10 PM by Babalawo »

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 10:45:19 AM »
Fellas Cyd and sancho eh comin back.

we cud only hope against hope.

i fuh one really want to see sancho in d team. he still have someting to offer
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 11:21:50 AM »
Random observation. Didn't know what thread to put it in. But I was looking at the CONCACAF standings today and I realized that the top 4 teams have 100 percent winning records at home.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2009, 11:24:16 AM »
Random observation. Didn't know what thread to put it in. But I was looking at the CONCACAF standings today and I realized that the top 4 teams have 100 percent winning records at home.

It about 2 change for Honduras on d 5th.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 11:51:34 AM »
I think these guys will actually beat teams when they get to South africa. Costa Rica didnt know what hit them last night. I believe they have El Salvador next, which looks like a certain 3 points for honduras. If that holds, then one other victory should get them a top 3 spot.

The table as it is now may very well be the way it looks at the end of the Hex.

Just like you to come and not say shit but try to imply shit. shame on you but then you aren't acting out of character... this has always been your style. I've been watching.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 01:09:57 PM »
I believe they have El Salvador next, which looks like a certain 3 points for honduras.

Not after we beat them in them yard and derail the momentum. Honduras like Pakistan in cricket, one day they could beat anybody. Next day, they could fall apart. That 4-0 doh mean nuttin. Especially if Pavon injured between now and then, as they struggle for goals without him
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 01:14:54 PM »
RF :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
how was allya Gold Cup run :devil:
We STILL in de 'EX ;D ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 01:25:10 PM »
I believe they have El Salvador next, which looks like a certain 3 points for honduras.

Not after we beat them in them yard and derail the momentum. Honduras like Pakistan in cricket, one day they could beat anybody. Next day, they could fall apart. That 4-0 doh mean nuttin. Especially if Pavon injured between now and then, as they struggle for goals without him

forget Pavon.. the heart of that team is Palacios.  :beermug:

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 03:00:36 PM »
No matter who Honduras missing next game they are at home and are still dangerous.  Latapy better get his picks right for this one.  He may have to play ah little more conservative and hit them on the counterattack.  All teams in this HEX know we weakness and that is the Wings.  So say that my starting 11 against Honduras will be:

Ince

Carlos     Lawrence/James)   Bakr      Avery

Tinto      Noel     Leon        Samuel
                    Skilla

Glen or Jones as lone strikers

If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 04:57:23 PM »
Reggae-fart whey de hell yuh crawl out from??.....where is that can of bug spray??!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>