March 29, 2024, 07:41:02 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (05-Sept-2009).  (Read 129384 times)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (05-Sept-2009).
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2009, 02:24:47 PM »
whappen Guyana not available?

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Two more Hondurans set for EPL
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2009, 10:35:26 AM »
Latics eye Costly move
Skysports.com

Wigan to move for Honduran

Wigan are looking to land Honduran striker Carlos Costly, skysports.com understands.

The 27-year-old is currently with GKS Belchatow in Poland, but he spent the latter part of last season on loan at Birmingham City.

The Blues opted not to take him on a permanent basis, but now Wigan are looking into concluding a deal for the target-man.

Wigan have extensive knowledge in Central and South America having signed a number of players from that region over the past few years and their scouts were impressed by Costly earlier this month as he scored two goals in Honduras' World Cup qualifier against Costa Rica.

Wigan have now opened talks and could land Costly in a permanent deal worth around £1million as Latics boss Roberto Martinez looks to add numbers to his squad before the transfer deadline next week.

Spurs move for Honduran
Skysports.com

Honduran set for Tottenham talks

Tottenham have made a move to sign Honduran ace Osman Chavez, skysports.com understands.

Spurs have seen the likes of Jonathan Woodgate and Michael Dawson both injured during pre-season, which has left them short of options despite the capture of Sebastien Bassong.

Now after a glowing reference from compatriot Wilson Palacios, who has shone at Spurs since his move from Wigan in January, Chavez is on his way to England.

Chavez will have his fitness assessed upon arrival by Harry Redknapp and his staff before concluding a deal as the Spurs boss needs players ready for action.

Chavez, 25, has over 20 caps for Honduras and is currently playing in his homeland for Platense, who have already agreed terms with Spurs.

The player's British representative Barry McIntosh confirmed interest, but refused to identify Spurs.

"There is interest in Osman, but we cannot go into any details at this stage," McIntosh told skysports.com.

Hope

Upon leaving Central America the player himself admits he would relish the chance to link up alongside Palacios.

"Who would not like to play with Wilson and for a team like Tottenham?" he said.

"It is a challenge to participate in a league as important as the English one.

"I thank God I have been able to start for the national side and show what I can do, as my performances during the World Cup qualifiers have spoken for themselves."
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Two more Hondurans set for EPL
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2009, 11:07:10 AM »
good moves dey man...i ent really familiar with chavez but that costly fella is a real brute...wigan could do with a bruiser like he...more competition for jason scotland but better for de team overall.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Two more Hondurans set for EPL
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2009, 12:07:11 PM »
Chavez has been integral for them defensively. He's tenacious and pretty uncompromising in the tackle. His move, moreso than Costly's, was only a matter of time.

Costly is a fairly unidimensional player, but he does what he does with effect in CONCACAF largely because some teams are inattentive to those idiosyncrasies.

The larger story here is the compelling manner in which each Honduran export has managed to magnify the impact of his contract in a tangible way. Should Honduras fulfill the promise of WC qualification, they are likely to be better placed to exploit the worldstage than we have been.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2009, 12:12:30 PM »
I waitin to see when Latas go gih corn curls ah run!  All de DR an Jaggy talk, Peltier playing right here where Latas could see and should be in ah squad dat full ah half man half morrocoy!!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2009, 12:53:56 PM »
If it aint broke doh fix it... ;D

We win without playing a friendly..

We go win the next one with the same prep  :devil:

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2009, 01:20:54 PM »
If it aint broke doh fix it... ;D

We win without playing a friendly..

We go win the next one with the same prep  :devil:

Not 2 mention d season strt and d most ah em eh strtin.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2009, 03:47:35 PM »
I waitin to see when Latas go gih corn curls ah run!  All de DR an Jaggy talk, Peltier playing right here where Latas could see and should be in ah squad dat full ah half man half morrocoy!!
I like peltier real bad, but he have tuh learn how tuh finish! the amount of goals he threw away against toluka was rediculus.

them fellas need tuh shine outside of the PFL, BC the compeition in that league is below parr. yuh cyar score ah brace in the PFL and throw away ah dozen against higher level competition and expect tuh be ah shoe in for international duty! if that's the case them we may as well stick wid glenn and scotty the throw away king.

BTW, i want lester tuh get ah call up for this training session before jorslin and baptiste, ah also want tuh see jaggy whitley, roberts and hyland get ah call up, ah also believe glenn is injured, so that might be possible.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2009, 03:57:36 PM »
I like peltier real bad, but he have tuh learn how tuh finish! the amount of goals he threw away against toluka was rediculus.

them fellas need tuh shine outside of the PFL, BC the compeition in that league is below parr. yuh cyar score ah brace in the PFL and throw away ah dozen against higher level competition and expect tuh be ah shoe in for international duty! if that's the case them we may as well stick wid glenn and scotty the throw away king.

BTW, i want lester tuh get ah call up for this training session before jorslin and baptiste, ah also want tuh see jaggy whitley, roberts and hyland get ah call up, ah also believe glenn is injured, so that might be possible.

Yuh insist on leavin out Baptiste eh, ah talk to yuh bout da dark heart shit aready yuh kno.  Yuh want to leave out KB who might score in he sleep and include Whitley based on what?  5 goals in 2 games?  Past performances?  Why a current Whitley ahead of a current KB in your eyes?  Why Corn Curls in front of him considering he finishing better?

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2009, 04:11:06 PM »
"in ah squad dat full ah half man half morrocoy!!" :rotfl: :rotfl:
Allyuh is real ass yes!!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2009, 04:32:47 PM »

Yuh insist on leavin out Baptiste eh, ah talk to yuh bout da dark heart shit aready yuh kno.  Yuh want to leave out KB who might score in he sleep and include Whitley based on what?  5 goals in 2 games?  Past performances?  Why a current Whitley ahead of a current KB in your eyes?  Why Corn Curls in front of him considering he finishing better?
What whitley have tuh do with kerry's exclusion, whitley is a midfielder and KB is a make shift forward, so that qoute was irelavant!

and the reason for whitley's inclusion? clyde leon, birchall, spann and bleeder, can't put in the kinda shift that ah fit whitley brings to the table! did you see leons past performance, well it was horrific!

the man cyar trapp , pass  or take ah decent shot on goal, as a matter of fact, all he does is block the lanes win balls and sweep up, but he brings nothing in possesion which includes going forward! whitley could do all that and still offer something going forward with efficiency.

as for pelteir, he was never given ah chance on latas team , but bapatiste was given 3 chances and failed tuh take ah man spot! maybe if peltier was given the same opportunity tuh shine, then he might take scotty or glenn's spot , who know's.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2009, 10:49:29 AM »
Based on current form,fitness, and the friendism factor this is the team I would like to see take the field

Ince

Spann                Bakr/Lawrence     Jl. Samuel         A.John

Carlos           Noel             Hyland/Daniel             C.Samuel

Jones    Glen

subs :,Dog/Thomas, Tinto, Birchall, Scotland , Zamora

Yorke has no club and is not close to match fit...he should be helping the team prepare but I'm not sure if he should be on the field unless it's for a 20 min max..I prefer Thomas to Dog but friendism says that aint happening

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2009, 11:14:47 AM »
Latapy won't suprise me if he pick-ah-pan  ;D  just hope they win.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2009, 11:14:55 AM »

Wah is a morrocoy again? Yuh know how long I eh hear dat.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2009, 11:18:50 AM »

Turtle fus cousin, if yuh eh payin close attention yuh cyah tell dem apart.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2009, 12:53:10 PM »

:rotfl: nice  explination
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2009, 01:00:46 PM »

:rotfl: nice  explination
:beermug:

Offline ktrach0

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2009, 08:38:50 AM »
The game will be played in san pedro sula, estadio olimpico.

Here is the lists:

Goalies
Noel Valladares, Donis Escober, Ricardo Canales

DEFENSE
Edgar Álvarez (bari), Osman Chávez, Víctor Bernárdez(anderlecht), Mauricio Sabillón, Maynor Figueroa(wigan), Emilio Izaguirre, Erick Norales, Carlos Palacios, Bonieck García

Midfield
Amado Guevara (toronto FC), Wilson Palacios (tottenham) , Rambo de León (parma), Hendry Thomas (wigan), Ramón Núñez (cruz azul), Danilo Turcios, Melvin Valladares

Strikers
Walter Martinez, Carlo Costly (wigan), Carlos Pavón, Jerry Palacios, David Suazo (inter)

*costly, wilson palacios and chavez are out due to cards.*
Weak point is defense.

http://www.laprensa.hn/Deportes/Ediciones/2009/08/27/Noticias/Vuelve-a-Honduras-la-dupla-Pavon-Suazo

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2009, 09:06:31 AM »

Here is the lists:

Goalies

DEFENSE
Edgar Álvarez (bari), Osman Chávez, Víctor Bernárdez(anderlecht), Mauricio Sabillón, Maynor Figueroa(wigan), Emilio Izaguirre, Erick Norales, Carlos Palacios, Bonieck García

Midfield
Amado Guevara (toronto FC), Wilson Palacios (tottenham) , Rambo de León (parma), Hendry Thomas (wigan), Ramón Núñez (cruz azul), Danilo Turcios, Melvin Valladares

Strikers
Walter Martinez, Carlo Costly (wigan), Carlos Pavón, Jerry Palacios, David Suazo (inter)

Weak point is defense.

http://www.laprensa.hn/Deportes/Ediciones/2009/08/27/Noticias/Vuelve-a-Honduras-la-dupla-Pavon-Suazo

So we have something in common after all! lol...
y Bienvenidos "Maje", look forward to suprising all the Catrachos in SPS on the 5th  ;)

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2009, 09:19:15 AM »

Here is the lists:

Goalies

DEFENSE

Midfield

Strikers

Weak point is defense.

O crap is David Suazo back playing is he fit?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
David Suazo back on Honduras team
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2009, 02:52:55 PM »
USA Today

Forward David Suazo, who has been sidelined from Honduras with a knee injury, is back in the national squad for upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Trinidad and Tobago and Mexico.

Suazo, who plays for Inter Milan, was injured in the spring playing for Portugal's Benfica.

"Fortunately, Suazo feels good," Honduras coach Reinaldo Rueda said on Thursday. "According to what he shows, we'll decide if he plays or not."

Honduras is in the thick of the chase to qualify for next year's World Cup in South Africa. Costa Rica with 12 points leads the tight qualifying from the North and Central American and Caribbean region. The United States and Honduras have 10, followed by Mexico (9) and El Salvador and Trinidad and Tobago (5).

The top three teams from the region advance automatically. The No. 4 faces a playoff with the No. 5 from South America for another spot.

Honduras is home on Sept. 5 against Trinidad and Tobago, and plays at Mexico on Sept. 9. Its final two qualifiers are at home on Oct. 10 against the United States, and at El Salvador on Oct. 14.

___

Roster:

Goalkeepers: Noel Valladares, Donis Escober, Ricardo Canales.

Defenders: Victor Bernardez, Osman Chavez, Maynor Figueroa, Oscar Garcia, Emilio Izaguirre, Erick Norales, Carlos Palacios, Mauricio Sabillon.

Midfielders: Edgard Alvarez, Julio Cesar Leon, Ramon Nunez, Amado Guevara, Wilson Palacios, Hendry Thomas, Danilo Turcios, Melvin Valladares.

Forwards: Carlos Pavon, Carlo Costly, Walter Martinez, Jerry Palacios, David Suazo.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2009, 08:21:48 PM »
Ssttuuueeepppssss , who is david sauzo! he just comin off injury, he still not 100%. costly, wilson palacios, and the chaves fella is out the squad.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: David Suazo back on Honduras team
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2009, 06:46:17 AM »

bye bye south africa

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2009, 10:33:16 AM »
Why we team cah get named yet? so unprofessional but seems like this gone be the norm for us as fans to deal with what can i say just not to think about it... atleast we know carlos, jones and ince in the squad...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2009, 11:12:24 AM »
Why we team cah get named yet? so unprofessional but seems like this gone be the norm for us as fans to deal with what can i say just not to think about it... atleast we know carlos, jones and ince in the squad...

That is not Honduras' squad for the game.
Nobody has named their squads yet.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2009, 11:16:01 AM »

Dat might b d training squad we eh know we on. Therein lies d problem 2 some.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2009, 05:24:32 PM »

Says who?? the U.S. dun name their squad, honduras and elsalvador.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2009, 08:16:41 PM »

So CR and we in d same boat?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2009, 10:53:18 PM »

You back again? wham yuh eh have no man in yuh life tuh take yuh tuh ah little movie or ah dance somewhere on yuh birthday ahought? :devil: like yuh cyar leff the forum tuh us lonely folks who eh have much tuh look forward too when the night come?

BTW all i saw was the three team i affore mentioned, and who knows maybe CR already declare their squad! i know one thing for sure, if latas continue wid this king jahjah behavior i go dun support the warriors!

i could take this shyte from jack and camps BC them ole boy eh have no heart and we all KNOW THAT!! plus latas dun know how much we suffer under dem vampires, and tuh tun round and go on just like dem is just wrong.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2009, 10:58:31 PM »

You back again? wham yuh eh have no man in yuh life tuh take yuh tuh ah little movie or ah dance somewhere on yuh birthday ahought? :devil: like yuh cyar leff the forum tuh us lonely folks who eh have much tuh look forward too when the night come?

BTW all i saw was the three team i affore mentioned, and who knows maybe CR already declare their squad! i know one thing for sure, if latas continue wid this king jahjah behavior i go dun support the warriors!

i could take this shyte from jack and camps BC them ole boy eh have no heart and we all KNOW THAT!! plus latas dun know how much we suffer under dem vampires, and tuh tun round and go on just like dem is just wrong.

I guess u eh have no woman 2 take out.

1]; } ?>