March 28, 2024, 08:25:09 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (05-Sept-2009).  (Read 129273 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (05-Sept-2009).
« Reply #150 on: August 31, 2009, 04:45:53 PM »
Sorry Airman that I do not have the luxury of spending as much time as you on here. I am absorbed by other commtiments (work, school, playing football). Anyways,  I still have not gotten a clear yes or no answer. This is reminding me of the lead up to the El Salvador game when there was alot of speculation, and no clear answer. I would like to see both of them play, but there is no need to get our hopes up, only to find out later that they are still in England.

All I am looking for is a yes or no. So can someone please tell me if they are or not?
Apology accepted ;D

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 31, 2009, 04:47:08 PM »
I believe that "Fulham striker Bobby Zamora is in the squad to complete a 22-man squad as well but is expected to undergo observation on an injury before traveling" as he recently had an achilles injury.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 04:52:38 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2009, 05:06:05 PM »
Sorry Airman that I do not have the luxury of spending as much time as you on here. I am absorbed by other commtiments (work, school, playing football). Anyways,  I still have not gotten a clear yes or no answer. This is reminding me of the lead up to the El Salvador game when there was alot of speculation, and no clear answer. I would like to see both of them play, but there is no need to get our hopes up, only to find out later that they are still in England.

All I am looking for is a yes or no. So can someone please tell me if they are or not?
Apology accepted ;D

No probs. So they are included but Zam has an injury. I am glad if we only get Samuel.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 31, 2009, 06:55:52 PM »
Is there any hard evidence to show that J Lloyd will be playing for T&T? I would like to see him. But I do not want to hear on Friday that he is not even in Honduras. Maybe I might have missed a thread that confirms this. But can someone confirm this.

Last, I really hope that we can get the well needed three points. I know we have won a world cup qualifier in Honduras, but the way I seen Honduras handle Costa Rica at home hmm..... well just leave it at that. Samuel will be a godsend but we need the most help in the center back position. Hopefully Latas can work out something.
And you're right, on friday he will not be in honduras.

The Honduras match is Saturday boss, not wednesday

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Apparently Yorke is in Honduras with the T&T side.
« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2009, 03:54:17 AM »

Veteran Yorke was the main attraction of trinitecos, which yesterday reached Honduran soil.

The veteran Trinidadian captain, Dwight Yorke, on his arrival in soil catracho said come for victory and nothing more. "We came to win, we are a very strong team and if we think we can not win not to come to Honduras to play. Believe it or not, we believe that we will qualify for the World."

"Honduras is a very strong team with a very solid defense that is hard to pass, but try to do my job and if I have not the will waste an opportunity."

The team boss, Russell Latapy, did speak. His English was not very understandable Caribbean but in the question and question and with the help of a translator, these were his words: "We decided to get ahead because you have to solve the problems we have," he said. He was referring to the Olympic stadium, something to fear, it seems.

National Team silent visitor
 The Liberator

The approach uses game coach Reinaldo Rueda is 4-4-2, and although this scheme allows a good treatment of the ball when playing tour is not taken advantage of the speed selected on the counterattack.

Tegucigalpa. El desenvolvimiento del combinado nacional muestra dos caras: La de local y la de visita. It is the latter where it is evident that those selected are not as solid or applied at critical times, which worries some analysts believe that this balance by the end prove decisive to classify the South African World 2010.

A soccer connoisseurs are concerned in showing the weaknesses in national team games on the road, "the nerves take hold of the players, especially the lower and the goalkeeper, for example, that was the cause of the loss against United States go after winning, "they say.

But this is not something new, "since forever, the inevitable problem of Honduran players control their emotions is not in the playoff games, in which we spend Demergers and ended up regretting bill, eliminating suffering," they said.

That's why THE LIBERATOR analyzes the players who have submitted more regularly during this heat, with the objective of bringing the coach Rueda information about the shortcomings of these to make the necessary corrections. 

Noel Valladares

UNDER

He has good reflexes when attacked from the front. You know an effective way to shrink the rival attacks. Is it safe in long distance shots.

WEAKNESS

The passing game is his Achilles tendon. Rarely makes a very good criminal. We need to communicate more with the laggards. 

Maynor Figueroa

UNDER

It gives good start to the defense. Protects the ball well. Is it safe in the air.

WEAKNESS

Although has a powerful punch, and punt their auctions are often poor or to any part of the court. In hand to hand easily surpassed because it is slow. 

Osman Chavez

UNDER

Has good ball handling. It is good in the defensive and offensive air. Makes appropriate coverage when needed.

WEAKNESS

It desaplica or despair when attacked. By going on offense, moves slowly.

Mauricio Sabillón

UNDER

Output has a fast and effective game when he goes on the attack. Send centers precise strikers. It serves well as local plays. 

WEAKNESS

Returning to the offensive it slows. In matches of performance is seen intermittently. Tactically disoriented when pressed rival. 

Emilio Izaguirre

UNDER

It produces many overflows when it decides to attack. The centers are precise attacking ships and often lead goals scored. 

WEAKNESS

For his inexperience, make mistakes that cost goals against the national team. Tactically disoriented when pressed rival.

WILSON PALACIOS

UNDER

Their mobility in midfield is enviable. Manages time effectively play when you have to. He has good ball recovery. Her popularity is powerful and with good direction.

WEAKNESS

You lose when he has to play tactically with another restraint. Sometimes seeks played alone often losing the ball. We need more vision of the field by driving the ball.

Julio Cesar Leon

UNDER

It's a very good player with a punch of both long and short range, an expert on free kicks, gives good start to the team when he's inspired, is a player who shrinks against rivals.

WEAKNESS

There is constant at the level of play. It is often booked. Declines in recent matches his physical condition in the second half.

Ramon Nunez

UNDER

Has excellent ball handling. Move quickly to create counterattacks. It has good vision of the game in midfield.

WEAKNESS

Dribbles excessively causing unproductive game. It has a good passing game. He is a player that is not constant in the development of the game. 

Amado Guevara

UNDER

It is good in the treatment of the ball. It has excellent field vision. He's a leader on and off the court. 

WEAKNESS

In poor in the air. It's temperamental, which causes it to be reprimanded. His physical condition fell in the second half.

Carlos Costly

UNDER

Their passing game is good. Despite being a tall player, driving the ball well. Each time you play a game comes to the maximum. Ball has good coverage. It has powerful punch. 

WEAKNESS

He is a player prone to injury. It is often impulsive in their claims to the arbitrators.

Carlos Pavon

UNDER

He has great international experience. It's a matter of player control in a group of players. Excellent header. He has a good punch. He is in good mobility in the area opposite.

WEAKNESS

He is a player with strong character who tends to be admonished by the provocations of the rival. It faces both with the ball in his boots.

WALTER MARTINEZ

UNDER

He is a player of courage and sacrifice on the field. It's fast. It has good definition.

WEAKNESS

For his small stature, not very effective in the passing game. You experience problems when faced with high and stout defense.

HENDRY THOMAS

UNDER

He is a player who takes and distributes the ball well. It gives good start to the half court to make attacking moves.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 04:08:24 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Apparently Yorke is in Honduras with the T&T side.
« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2009, 05:03:32 AM »
DIEZ.HN - "There is no more male people, the Honduran people ...", which I come to Honduras for that run last night received the delegation of Trinidad and Tobago who came to concentrate for the qualifying match on Saturday.

Striker Kenwyne Jones was the first out and started yelling: "Honduras, Honduras!" Not flinch with everything he said and smiled and started toward the bus.

Five fans put him forward and told him: "Tell goodbye to the tie, because we are not going to win, we are not the same as the 2001", were still expressing the table beat us 1-0 on 7 October 2001 and left us out of Korea and Japan 2002.

The atmosphere was hostile to trinitecos, a group of five fans stood in front of them suspiciously and were frightened, but it was only to ask for autographs.

"I LOVE HONDURAS"
Russell Latapy, Trinidad and Tobago coach, said sarcastically, his arrival in the country last night, decided to move with five days prior to the meeting who will compete at our National Team "because I love to Honduras and is a beautiful country", would not delve into details about his decision. "There are many reasons why we come early, there are several things we have to change yet, and we need to train," said TD.

Latapy referred to the Honduran selected as "very good players, but my job is to worry about mine." He added that "any result we get in Honduras is good, if a tie is good." Russell played in that fateful 1-0 World Cup which knocked us out of Korea and Japan 02, when asked whether he wanted to be part of the 11 players sent to the court, the coach joked that "wait and see what happens on Saturday .

OF RESPECT
For Dwight Yorke, the player concerning the trinitecos, the Bicolor is a set that commands respect. "They seem to have improved greatly, came close to going to the 2006 World Cup and now have very good players abroad," he said.

For Sunderland striker in the Premier League in England, this match is of vital importance. "It will be an extremely difficult game for us because they are a fantastic team, they play very well together, are at a good level and definitely expect a very tough match this Saturday.

"We are confident, but recognize that Honduras is having a great time in their football, they have fantastic players in Europe, who are playing a part. But we are not scared and we are seeking the same goal as Echios it is to get three points, which is very significant for us

Booed and insulted arrived trinitecos
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2009, 05:34:44 AM »
De mind games fully underway. Ent latas was talking with reporters in mexico in spanish?

I love dis line:

his arrival in the country last night, decided to move with five days prior to the meeting who will compete at our National Team "because I love to Honduras and is a beautiful country",

Buh like dem jus as wary of us...as we are them. Crowd coming out to boo.....saying 2001 wont happen again....hmmm.

Well...despite what....is my national team....i hadda support....and that i will do.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 05:37:03 AM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2009, 05:46:57 AM »
I dont mind de mind games, but Yorke still unfit and Honduras is the fastest team in the HEX.

I just hope Yorke there as an assistant coach/maybe player.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #158 on: September 01, 2009, 05:49:57 AM »
sounds like a couple over-confident journalists trying to hype up their own supporters.
I think all they doing is giving us bulletin board material to really issue them a sound cutarse and throw this Hex wide open again.

Loved this too:
his arrival in the country last night, decided to move with five days prior to the meeting who will compete at our National Team "because I love to Honduras and is a beautiful country"
:rotfl:

They (the writers) have some serious resentment towards us keeping them out of Korea/Japan 2002 ... time to give them something else to cry about on Saturday.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 01, 2009, 06:03:51 AM »
bm HERE

mash dem up tnt

just pretend is jamaica...

Mickey Trotman at the venue waiting...lets go

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 01, 2009, 06:07:02 AM »
Jason Scotland should have an idea how Maynor Figueroa, Hendry Thomas and Carlos Costy play as they all play for Wigan.

Once we lock down Amado Guevara and Julio César de León we good to go. Danilo Turcios can be a good player to.

I think David Suazo is not 100% and Carlos Costly is out. But Carlos Pavón is a ole vet who can still score.

Another one for Mickey Trotman !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah Guyanese pardna in work tell meh Maynor Figueroa is good but he slow like scont. ... ah still laughing and typing here.    :rotfl:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 06:08:33 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 01, 2009, 06:08:01 AM »
I like that. Boo we. Keep Booing we whole time we in Honduras. Dais wah dem boys need in Honduras.

We does play best when we back up against the wall.

Boooooooooo   WE ;D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 06:10:30 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 01, 2009, 06:11:07 AM »
Yorke is part of the Technical Staff and doing Scouting and PR for we.... no joke  :beermug:

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #163 on: September 01, 2009, 06:11:44 AM »
Niceness

Let them bring it.

Dem men dem still hurting
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2009, 06:19:28 AM »
bm HERE

mash dem up tnt

Funny thing, I was telling meh brother that in jest....that's funny....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2009, 06:19:49 AM »
Like Yorke didn't get de text or what?  :o

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2009, 06:21:22 AM »
Yorke is part of the Technical Staff and doing Scouting and PR for we.... no joke  :beermug:

Pubic relations ?

Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 01, 2009, 06:28:22 AM »
Yeah PR: he takes the heat off the younger players by having them focus their attention on him
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2009, 06:40:08 AM »
Whatever the situation is am still glad to see Yorkie involve with the team...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2009, 06:53:30 AM »
Jason Scotland should have an idea how Maynor Figueroa, Hendry Thomas and Carlos Costy play as they all play for Wigan.

Once we lock down Amado Guevara and Julio César de León we good to go. Danilo Turcios can be a good player to.

lock down with who ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2009, 07:19:18 AM »

Pubic relations ?

Nah

Paperless Reimbursement
 ::)
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2009, 07:32:55 AM »

Pubic relations ?

That's a good move, pretend you going to play and hit them with some mind games to throw them off!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2009, 07:37:16 AM »
where bobby?  ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2009, 07:59:21 AM »
Rest it on the catratchos...tnt tnt tnt.

We going and pull it off people heart attack ting but we will do it.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2009, 08:04:52 AM »
Rest it on the catratchos...tnt tnt tnt.

We going and pull it off people heart attack ting but we will do it.

It couldn't be any other way
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 01, 2009, 08:09:24 AM »
Well done touches!! I like yuh optimism, and since ah spoke to u de odder day, u confidence in getting a result starting to transfer onto me..........

ah love it!!

TnT - 1 (Jones)

Honduras - 0

ah love it bad!!

TnT - 0

USA - 0

ah love love it plenty!!

9 points after these round of games and we will be back in de mix!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 01, 2009, 08:22:26 AM »
I saw that Flex post the Honduras team, I been reading different reports that they got some of these players on suspension for this game. Can anyone confirm which players they are?

This is the team Flex posted.
Honduras Squad:

Goalkeepers
Noel Valladares (CD Olimpia), Donis Escober (CD Olimpia), Ricardo Canales (Motagua).

Defence
Edgar Álvarez (Bari/ITA), Osman Chávez (C.D. Platense), Víctor Bernárdez (Anderlecht/BEL), Mauricio Sabillón (Marathón), Maynor Figueroa (Wigan Athletic/ENG), Emilio Izaguirre (Motagua), Erick Norales (Marathón), Carlos Palacios (Real España), Bonieck García (C.D. Olimpia).

Midfielders
Amado Guevara (Toronto FC/CAN), Wilson Palacios (Tottenham Hotspur/ENG), Julio César de León (Torino/ITA), Hendry Thomas (Wigan Athletic/ENG), Ramón Núñez (Cruz Azul/MEX), Danilo Turcios (CD Olimpia), Melvin Valladares (Real España).

Forwards
Walter Martinez (Marathón), Carlos Costly (Wigan Athletic/ENG), Carlos Pavón (Real España), Jerry Palacios (Marathón), David Suazo (Benfica/POR).
Ah know wilison polacios and carlos costly for sure, but there's also another fella , can't seem tuh recall his name.

palacios, costly and chavez are all out against us
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 01, 2009, 10:23:06 AM »
bm HERE

mash dem up tnt

Just pretend is Jamaica? If they do that they lose the battle even before they take the field.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 01, 2009, 12:18:26 PM »
Licks will pass fuh them Hondurans.  :whip:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 01, 2009, 12:27:06 PM »
Licks will pass fuh them Hondurans.  :whip:

and if it does then de US game will sell out and JW would have had the foresight and shrewd business sense to have upped the price for this encounter. Well done JW. TnT's very own Donald Trump.
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>