March 29, 2024, 03:31:52 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador Game (12-Aug-2009).  (Read 166163 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador Game (12-Aug-2009).
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2009, 11:06:12 AM »
People, Jlloyd Samuel is a left back not a stopper.
Says who!!!  he played in central defence for bolton ah few times. the fella could play in central defence aswell as the fullback position. 

do yuh home work omar, i find yuh getting like palos or one ah the old men on the muppet show who does sit up in the balcony and trash talk.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2009, 11:11:32 AM »
Says who!!!  he played in central defence for bolton ah few times. the fella could play in central defence aswell as the fullback position. 

do yuh home work omar, i find yuh getting like palos or one ah the old men on the muppet show who does sit up in the balcony and trash talk.

When this happen son? Show me when he played there since you so up to scratch..

Doh talk to me bout homework, you talking to a man who always eyeing Bolton defenders for he fantasy league side.  ;)

Bolton's central defence was always Gary Cahill and Andy O'Brien or Puygrenier. Matter of fact, Samuel was even fighting up for a start at left back with Ricardo Gardner there..

In any case lemme get this straight, you advocating a makeshift central defender to start in the hole for us?? This just sounding like another one of your misguided crusades for players you've seen little of, it was Dog last time around, seems Samuel is the flavor of the month.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2009, 11:25:58 AM »
Silvio gets the call
wrexhamafc.co.uk

THE club has received a request from the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation for the services of Silvio Spann for their upcoming World Cup qualifier against El Salvador on Wednesday, 12 August.

This means he will be setting off the previous Sunday for the game in Trinidad, following our Blue Square Premier opener against Eastbourne Borough.

Also tomorrow, the FAW are set to announce their U21 squad for the UEFA qualifier against Hungary, which will be staged at the Racecourse on 12 August.

Obviously these games clash with our BSP visit to Tamworth (11 Aug), which might be the subject of a request to postpone the fixture, should we have three players called-up for international duty and the manager feels it necessary to do so.

This is why we last in the bloody hex! we can't seem tuh get it right on player selection since beenhakker leave. this is the same thing that sink jamaica, bad player selection.

now tell me this, what this fella have on roberts that he's ah consistant call up on the team?

the man IMO extremely ordinary! he doh bring nothing spectacular to the team, he slow he brainless and he's out dated, he's @ best ah laborer, allyuh want tuh bet clyde leon and aklie edwards will be on the team selection sheet, while we have worth while players sitting waiting for ah call up. sttuueeeppsss .

this T&T football is real heartbreak hotel vibes yes! i hope one day i could stop watching, supporting T&T football yes. seriously stop watching this sh!t side and their dicked up federation and dumb ass coaches.

i dun see if we want tuh prosper as ah football nation, we have tuh run all dem black locals from we football and bring in white men from foriegn countries tuh run this thing right oui!! stttuuueeepppsssssss!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2009, 11:59:21 AM »
Win or Lose ah still jamming.  :wavetowel:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2009, 12:10:37 PM »
Win or Lose ah still jamming.  :wavetowel:

Lose to El Salvador at home and you still jamming? That eh sounding like somebody who is post on this forum. That sounding like all d rest of them who is be in d stadium asking if Latas is d one with the dreads on the bench.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2009, 12:20:03 PM »
This is why we last in the bloody hex! we can't seem tuh get it right on player selection since beenhakker leave. this is the same thing that sink jamaica, bad player selection.

now tell me this, what this fella have on roberts that he's ah consistant call up on the team?

Silvio Spann has been a better player than Daryl Roberts all through the years at all levels. I doh mind the inclusion of Roberts in the squad and yes he being treated unfairly by not getting a small invite in the off-season. But doh bring down Spann to prove your point because Roberts has not done anything either to be considered a regular for the national team.

Spann played very well in our last 2 games running his heart out in midfield alongside 30+ men in Trent Noel and Dwight Yorke. He was the only one required to run box to box while Tinto was left with a more attacking role while Trent was required to do the tackling and Dwight was supposed to play the Pirlo role and conserve his energy to convert defence to attack and keep the side organised. Spann did well and brought the additional threat of excellent set pieces.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 12:30:12 PM by spideybuff »

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2009, 12:20:28 PM »

Doh talk to me bout homework, you talking to a man who always eyeing Bolton defenders for he fantasy league side.  ;)

Bolton's central defence was always Gary Cahill and Andy O'Brien or Puygrenier. Matter of fact, Samuel was even fighting up for a start at left back with Ricardo Gardner there..

In any case lemme get this straight, you advocating a makeshift central defender to start in the hole for us?? This just sounding like another one of your misguided crusades for players you've seen little of, it was Dog last time around, seems Samuel is the flavor of the month.

He was never fighting for that left back spot... he is the only outfield player on Bolton that played every game of the season... but i rather him play LB for us not sure how he go look in CB either maybe he can do it not sure... his size don't favor it but El Salvador a small team...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2009, 12:31:01 PM »

I find you does go through a lot tuh prove ah point dread, this thing ain't that serious.

the reason i was all for dog is BC the fella is ah seasoned vetran who was in the trenches and learned under leo been hakker how tuh properly organize yuh self in ah defence, plus his amazing aeirial ability sold me on his inclusion.

now! the fact that dog made some really awfull decisions in the last two games, both of them causing us to concede, caused me to recant on his selection. YES i recanted! i don't want tuh see him for the rest of the hex, BC we have rookies who could do better and has been doing better.

jlloyd on the other hand can play anywhere in the defence, and i'm sure he's ah better defender than lawrence , dog or anyone of our central defenders. that's all i was saying mr scolari! please don't bite my head off.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2009, 12:42:42 PM »
yuh pelting big stone at me calling me all kinda insulting names like 'palos' and then tellin me i does go through alot? lol

look de simple difference between me and you is until i see enough of a player to understand that he better than what we have, it eh make no sense wasting ah setta post to lobby for him.

That was my point with Dog, yuh banging out yuh keyboard raising yuh pressure everyday fuh him to get call up, and when i ask you when last yuh see him sweat and what is his level, yuh telling me about the last world cup under beenhakker. now yuh want to tell me bout Jlloyd as a stopper when yuh cant tell me yet what game you see him play there, now that making any sense?

Jlloyd would be a good addition for left back imo, but truth is i would take Keyeno Thomas, Abu Bakr and Dog before i even consider chooking him in an unfamiliar position for our national team.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2009, 12:58:21 PM »

Silvio Spann has been a better player than Daryl Roberts all through the years at all levels. I doh mind the inclusion of Roberts in the squad and yes he being treated unfairly by not getting a small invite in the off-season. But doh bring down Spann to prove your point because Roberts has not done anything either to be considered a regular for the national team.

Spann played very well in our last 2 games running his heart out in midfield alongside 30+ men in Trent Noel and Dwight Yorke. He was the only one required to run box to box while Tinto was left with a more attacking role while Trent was required to do the tackling and Dwight was supposed to play the Pirlo role and conserve his energy to convert defence to attack and keep the side organised. Spann did well and brought the additional threat of excellent set pieces.
Breds yuhs ah guy believe it or not,of most the fellas on this forum who's opinion i value , that's BC yuh have ah fair knowledge of the game and for the most part you offer food for thought, but on this issue i'll have tuh disagree with yuh bluntly!

breds the proof is in the putting. spann in the last GC apart from his set pieces was abyssmal! he couldn't string two proper passes together, his running off the ball was woefull, and his defnding lead to ah fews goals conceded. and since that tourney he never improved. so what yuh talking bout.

i remember darryl in that tourney, him and MC farlene was the only two players that had something technical tuh offer the team, the rest of them men look quite ordinary.

@ one time the commentators was talking about his technical ability and ball controll, as to say he was the only player that showed any signs of brilliance and had some knowledge of the game.

remember in the el salvador game, first game of the hex where we blew ah 2 goal lead, when spann played the right back position? well it was his awfull defending that lead to the 1st goal.

the fella came down the left side towards spann, the guy was on the edge of the box and spann was defending him with his hand clinched behind his back, the guy just side step spann and makan hislop had tuh come to defend the guy with ah slide takle @ the edge of the box where the free kick was given, now of all the silly ways to defend, what leverage could you get with yuh had tied behind yuh back.  stuepsss.

breds darryl roberts played on ah higher level than spann, and even though men doh rate turkey, the fella playing in top division football since he started his professional career and is ah regular starter, not only that but he played most games as ah offensive midfielder and tallied 20 goals in three seasons of top fight football, the eridivise and turkish football,

plus the guy have technical ability like ah mutha, there are only few players on our present team that have the technical abilty that this dude posses, very few! maybe less than five! and spann is definatly not one of them.

tuh think spann coulda cut it in the eridivise?? when he can't even run out regular for wrexham? better than who!!!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 01:20:01 PM by just cool »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 28, 2009, 01:05:13 PM »
yuh pelting big stone at me calling me all kinda insulting names like 'palos' and then tellin me i does go through alot? lol

look de simple difference between me and you is until i see enough of a player to understand that he better than what we have, it eh make no sense wasting ah setta post to lobby for him.

That was my point with Dog, yuh banging out yuh keyboard raising yuh pressure everyday fuh him to get call up, and when i ask you when last yuh see him sweat and what is his level, yuh telling me about the last world cup under beenhakker. now yuh want to tell me bout Jlloyd as a stopper when yuh cant tell me yet what game you see him play there, now that making any sense?

Jlloyd would be a good addition for left back imo, but truth is i would take Keyeno Thomas, Abu Bakr and Dog before i even consider chooking him in an unfamiliar position for our national team.
Fair enough fadder. point taken.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2009, 01:21:27 PM »

breds the proof is in the putting.

actually, the proof is in the pudding  ;D

But I eh go fight with you because I doh see neither of them being able to miraculously save we side anyways so if is a either/or thing regarding the call ups for both of them, I eh care either way.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2009, 01:36:53 PM »

breds the proof is in the putting.

actually, the proof is in the pudding  ;D

But I eh go fight with you because I doh see neither of them being able to miraculously save we side anyways so if is a either/or thing regarding the call ups for both of them, I eh care either way.
How quickly do we forget. didn't he (darryl saved us on june 22nd 2008 in hamilton, or else we wouldn't have been having this discussion in the first place) him and stern!

the thing is, we fail tuh recognise good players BC we so stuck on the old WC players. take tinto forinstance, i always liked his game, and yes i saw him play before, and yes i does sneak in and out of trini and take in meh vibes. anyway, i would wonder why pancho not including this yute in the line up.

the yute was only featured once or twice on anton's(pancho) squad and he fell of the radar. when i see ppl making up they team , they had fellas like bleeder, birchall , carlos , spann, etc, but no one had tinto on their team, it's only when the man demonstrate what he could do, that's when ppl start including tinto on their squad, but the bredder was there all along and no one seemed to notice.

if latas is tuh give this guy ah bligh, i'm pretty sure he would contribute ah great deal to the team, something that we lack in the squad.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2009, 02:13:47 PM »

He is most deff. a better option at left back and I'd have to agree Id prefer one of the existing center backs to play in their accustomed position over him playing out of position. I would have hoped Julius James could get a look in too.
My problem with our group of CBs is that they all seem to be cast from the same mold. Dey all big tall but most importantly slow. Now i duno if this is due to our the British influence on our game but I find we have a mindset of bigger is better as a CB. I think this mite be why James eh gettin a fair chance, As far as I see it I think a combination of a big tall CB and a smaller faster CB who could close down spaces faster may be the answer to our defensive woes. As to who could fill this position..... I duno if I willing to take the chance with Samuels still.

and yes I know I put Dog and Tallest to start in my predicted team... I guess I just feel das the combo that will start. although Abu Bakr did a decent job against mexico.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T vs El Salvador promo
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2009, 06:35:23 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fvDNNypvdhw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fvDNNypvdhw</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs El Salvador promo
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2009, 06:59:04 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fvDNNypvdhw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fvDNNypvdhw</a>

Looking good!

Now all we need is just the essential warm-up game against high quality opposition!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 07:00:45 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2009, 06:40:14 AM »
Saw Avery "Blade" John play last night... fit, careless tackles, blade sharing.... he good to go against El Salvador.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2009, 06:46:17 AM »
Saw Avery "Blade" John play last night... fit, careless tackles, blade sharing.... he good to go against El Salvador.

that yellow he get .... big time dive by the striker.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2009, 06:53:48 AM »
Yeah from where I was sitting it looked liked a blatant dive, Blade was just unfortunate to be the last man  :beermug:

One thing I observed from the teams that made the GC, if we want to beat them... we need to force their keepers into saves... what I'm saying is that we need to start shooting at Goals... the Concacaf keepers are not that great and all their defenses are a bit slow and lack in aggressiveness.... (but then again Frankie man handle Kenwayne) but we need to start taking shots on goal, inside the box and outside....
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:59:00 AM by Daft Trini »

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2009, 07:55:00 AM »
nice emotional stimulating video; only thing i only seeing caption about plotting we attack and having to go all out in attack; i aint hear notting about defense yet!
Dais where most ah the plotting and planning have to go yes...lol
All that said....Go Warriors!!!!!!

We Beating dem Salvadorans dem!
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2009, 08:26:58 AM »
Look ting, another chance to see de Magician in action, ah ordering meh pay-per-view for sure dis time.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2009, 08:30:14 AM »
Wonder if Zamora score men go boooo?  ::) Not ordering on PPV but go watch it on Playstation 3 on my Big Screen tv can't wait...

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2009, 08:42:58 AM »
Why is dat video a promo for El Salvador?  Dat video look like it was from de first game of de hex.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2009, 04:04:04 PM »
So Mexico is going to use their Gold Cup team

Soccer Capsules: Mexico leans on Gold Cup champs for U.S. rematch
http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/sports/mexico-100443-leans-capsules.html

while the US will revert to their A team.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 29, 2009, 06:03:33 PM »
f**k ZAMORA
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Who Should be called for the T&T vs El Salvador WCQ game?
« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2009, 02:48:16 PM »
These are my call ups based affiliation with a club, form & fitness level local & foreign:

Keepers:

Clayton Ince
Marvin Phillips

Defenders: Carlos Edwards, Avery John, Marvin Andrews, Bakr, Brent Sancho, (Dennis Lawrence is a big maybe as he does not have a club)

Midfielders:  Birchall, Trent Noel, Hayden Tinto, Silvio Spann, Skilla, Colin Samuel

Forwards: Kerry Baptiste, Stern John, Kenwyne Jones, Cornell Glen, Kendall Jagdeosingh

Yorke CAN'T be called for this game cause he on permanent vacation and I his fitness level for international football is horrible.  We need to win this game and I don't see have an unfit Yorke is going to help us when we need everyone fit and running on that team to give us a chance to win.

Start XI should be:

Ince

Carlos    Bakr     Andrews (or Sancho)  Avery John

Tinto      Trent Noel   Spann,  Colin Samuel

Glenn
                              Scotland

Want allyuh think.

If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2009, 02:56:03 PM »
Scotland starting, but he did not even make your squad list?  ;D

Big Up!

These are my call ups based affiliation with a club, form & fitness level local & foreign:

Keepers:

Clayton Ince
Marvin Phillips

Defenders: Carlos Edwards, Avery John, Marvin Andrews, Bakr, Brent Sancho, (Dennis Lawrence is a big maybe as he does not have a club)

Midfielders:  Birchall, Trent Noel, Hayden Tinto, Silvio Spann, Skilla, Colin Samuel

Forwards: Kerry Baptiste, Stern John, Kenwyne Jones, Cornell Glen, Kendall Jagdeosingh

Yorke CAN'T be called for this game cause he on permanent vacation and I his fitness level for international football is horrible.  We need to win this game and I don't see have an unfit Yorke is going to help us when we need everyone fit and running on that team to give us a chance to win.

Start XI should be:

Ince

Carlos    Bakr     Andrews (or Sancho)  Avery John

Tinto      Trent Noel   Spann,  Colin Samuel

Glenn
                              Scotland

Want allyuh think.

Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2009, 03:02:02 PM »

Keepers:

Clayton Ince
Marvin Phillips

Start XI should be:

Ince

Carlos    Bakr     Andrews (or Sancho)  Avery John

Tinto      Trent Noel   Spann,  Colin Samuel

Glenn
                              Scotland

Want allyuh think.

Am sure we gone lose with that squad no disrespect to the players we need to stop experimenting and call up a serious squad... all of a sudden Bakr is a sure start over Dog and Lawrance? i don't think he deserve that kinda respect yet... anyway this will be the squad i woulda like to see...

Ince

J. Samuel  Dog   James(sancho if he woulda get a call)   Avery 

Tinto     Hyland   Birchall   Edwards

Scotty/Zamora  KJ

Bench. John,C. Samuel, K. Daniel, Jaggy or glen, Noel, spann, Bakr, baptise...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 03:23:22 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 30, 2009, 03:07:04 PM »
Am sure we gone lose with that squad no disrespect to the players we need to stop experimenting and call up a serious squad... all of a sudden Bakr is a sure start over Dog and Lawrance? i don't think he deserve that kinda respect yet... anyway this will be the squad i woulda like to see...

Ince
James     Dog     Avery(sancho if he woulda get a call)    J. Samuel

Scotty/Zamora  KJ

So you want to put Blade in de middle?!!  Daiz yuh solution? :rotfl:

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 30, 2009, 03:09:23 PM »

Ince
James     Dog     Avery(sancho if he woulda get a call)    J. Samuel

Scotty/Zamora  KJ

So you want to put Blade in de middle?!!  Daiz yuh solution? :rotfl:
:devil: i think the fella used to play dey and he could hold down that spot but could play James dey instead i just want avery on the field to behonest...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 03:11:02 PM by Trinidogg »

1]; } ?>