March 28, 2024, 08:11:45 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador Game (12-Aug-2009).  (Read 166077 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador Game (12-Aug-2009).
« Reply #180 on: August 02, 2009, 07:22:07 PM »
El Salvador to call up Alvarez, making switch from U.S. official.
By: Jonah Freedman (SI.com).

El Salvador looks to select Arturo Alvarez for a WC qualifier against TNT
Alvarez is currently a midfielder with MLS' San Jose Earthquakes
He is the first player to leave the U.S. under new transfer rules

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Another one may have just gotten away from the U.S. national team.

The official phone call won't come until Monday, but San Jose Earthquakes midfielder Arturo Alvarez says he is "95 to 96 percent sure" he will be called up by the El Salvador national team for a World Cup qualifier against Trinidad and Tobago on Aug. 12, making the Houston native's re-declaration of national-team allegiance official.

The 24-year-old Alvarez has drifted out of the U.S. national-team picture since he last played for the Under-23 team in 2007. Since being shut out, he determined the best chance he'd have to continue his international career was to seek eligibility to play for El Salvador, his parents' birth country.

FIFA's new eligibility rules, passed in June, relaxed the restrictions on such changes. Because Alvarez never played in an official match for the senior U.S. national team, he became eligible to make the switch.

Alvarez says he should get the official word via phone call on Monday, as well as the Salvadoran national team's itinerary for its trip to Port of Spain. "La Selecta" is currently fifth in the six-team CONCACAF Hexagonal final round of qualifying for the 2010 World Cup (the top three finishers get automatic berths in South Africa).

El Salvador has been shut out twice in the Hexagonal and certainly could make use of Alvarez, who has scored 21 goals and logged 17 assists over a seven-year career in Major League Soccer. Salvadoran national-team captain Ramón Sánchez, Alvarez's teammate on the Earthquakes, told SI.com last week that Alvarez would be able to help the team immediately and should see playing time in his first game.

According to Alvarez, El Salvador coach Carlos de los Cobos wanted to call him in for a friendly against Colombia in his hometown of Houston on Aug. 7, but Alvarez reluctantly declined that invitation since the Earthquakes have a game the next day against Columbus and MLS isn't obligated to release its players to national-team call-ups until the following day.

FIFA's rule changes have caused a stir in the U.S. national-team picture. German-born holding midfielder Jermaine Jones -- the son of an American serviceman -- is in the middle of transferring his eligibility to play for the U.S. after falling out of the German national-team picture. He could be eligible for a U.S. call-up in October, according to U.S. Soccer Federation president Sunil Gulati.

It's a similar situation for New Mexico-born left back Edgar Castillo, who has fallen out of the Mexican national-team picture and is trying to switch his allegiance back to the U.S.

Alvarez is the first player to take advantage of the new rules to make the move in the opposite direction. If the switch becomes official, he could play in his second game for El Salvador against his native U.S. on Sept. 5 at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah.

Alvarez joins other U.S.-eligible players who opted to play their international soccer elsewhere: New Jersey-born Giuseppe Rossi (Italy) and former U.S. youth-team defender Neven Subotic (Serbia). Alvarez isn't as high-profile as that pair, however, and never has appeared to figure into U.S. head coach Bob Bradley's plans.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2009, 04:54:44 AM »
Men could call till the cows come home for Jagdeosingh, Sancho etc.

Alyuh ent realise not one USL player make the NT since Latas on board?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 04, 2009, 05:26:09 AM »
ok latas pick everybody's 11.  u can always order more uniforms
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 04, 2009, 05:46:36 AM »
When there was no King in Israel every man did what is right in his own eyes. The coach picks the team.
 In today's Guardian Zamora and Lloyd Samuel passports are ready to be picked up in the London's Office.
 Two more added.

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 04, 2009, 06:22:36 AM »
If this side eh play, we going an loss.

--------Ince------------
Carlos-----Dog---Jlloyd-----Avery
 ------Birchal------Hyland-------
----Tinto--------------------Zamora
 ---------Jones(c)----Scotland

Subs:Phillip,Daniel,Glenn,Abu Bakr,Roberts,Pachecho
4-2-2-2 all d way
Two defensive mids on @ the same time? so where's your play maker, who's gonna create the opportunities from the central midfield position.

BTW ah see nuff ah allyuh leave out trent noel for birchall and trent noel is ah much better passer defender and goal threat.  what the fella did against cota rica and mexico eh warrant him another call?? or allyuh just stuck on nostalgia lane?

as for scotty KJ, scotty stern, KJ stern, wham allyuh cyar see dat eh wukin! them men have the same exact game, yuh need tuh put along side them ah versitile technical forward like glenn jaggy or roberts, them fellas playing together eh producing no goals. as for scotty , it's time he stayed in england and sit this one out.

When did Hyland become ah defensive midfielder doesn't he play more of an attacking midfielder role for his club???...I agree I like Noel more than Birchall he's faster and makes better passes...I'm thinking that Spann may be playing right back seeing that he's been playing that position well now for his club and Carlos may go on the left ...Scotland and KJ not working so I would put Zamora in the middle and Glen up front with KJ....INO

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 04, 2009, 06:23:30 AM »
Send for Glen to hit Alvarez a blade in training!

Glen, Sammy, Birchall prepare for El Salvador
Published: 4 Aug 2009

Bobby Zamora...attacking forward, left,
Jlloyd Samuel...strong defender

T&T’s United States-based striker Cornell Glen returned to his scoring form with a well taken item in San Jose Earthquakes’ 4-0 rout of the Seattle Sounders at Buckshaw Stadium on Sunday. It was Glen’s third goal in as many starts this season in the MLS. Collin Samuel also struck form in Scotland and Chris Birchall appeared versus Spanish giants Barcelona on the weekend.
This all came as good news for national head coach Russell Latapy ahead of the upcoming 2010 World Cup qualifier against El Salvador on August 12 at Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Latapy will finalise his squad this week for the qualifier. There was also more progress regarding the likelihood of English-based duo of Jlloyd Samuel and forward Bobby Zamora lining up for T&T as both are expected to obtain T&T passports this week, which would be the last step in ensuring their eligibility to representing the Red, White and Black. “We are literally a day away from getting the passports for both Jlloyd and Bobby. All the ground work has been done to ensure the both players have the necessary requirements to play for Trinidad and Tobago. They have both confirmed that they are available to play for us. Both players are also in touch with the Trinidad and Tobago/UK High Commission and it’s a matter of them picking up their passports,” Muhammad said Monday.

Across at the Buckshaw Stadium, Glen scored his team’s second goal when teammate Shea Salinas, centering feed found him at the top of the box. In a play similar to one in the first half, Glen created space for himself, but this time his low shot made its way past Kasey Keller. Another T&T international ,Collin Samuel, who scored in the 3-2 loss to Costa Rica, also signaled his form with a double for Scottish club St Johnstone in their 5-0 win at Stenhousemuir in the Co-operative Insurance Cup on the weekend. Samuel, who replaced Steven Milne early in the second period, dived to head home in the 67th minute. Samuel's second came in the 75th minute when he volleyed into the corner from 15 yards.

Meantime, with the 2010 World Cup qualifier approaching, midfielder Birchall made a 45–minute first half appearance in LA Galaxy’s 2-1 loss to Barcelona on Saturday night. A sold-out crowd of 93,137 saw the game at the Rose Bowl as Barcelona kicked off their preseason tour through the United States. Barcelona brought its world-renowned superstars such as Lionel Messi, Thierry Henry, Rafael Marquez, Dani Alves and Xavi Hernandez, to name a few while David Beckham netted from the free kick spot for Galaxy.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 04, 2009, 06:32:08 AM »
Just Cool....it have no way Birchall not playing.

The man marking the great Ronaldinho...and handling it, playing on the same field with Messi and playing alongside the great Beckham and you go bench he for a man who fall out with Petrotrin and now get a bly to sweat with Joe Public.

Birchall fit and he playing good.

Me ent saying Trent cyar handle it, but it only have room for 1 alongside Yorke...unless yuh playing five in the middle and all 3 of them could fit.

Watch my squad...frenism included.

Ince

Carlos          Dog       Lawrence      Jlloyd

Tinto          Yorke      Me Mum       Samuel

Zamora    Stern/Jones

Subs:- Latapy, Scotland, Glen, Daniel, Noel, Thomas, stern/jones, Spann...Phillip and Hislop

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 04, 2009, 06:40:55 AM »

The man marking the great Ronaldinho...and handling it, playing on the same field with Messi and playing alongside the great Beckham and you go bench he for a man who fall out with Petrotrin and now get a bly to sweat with Joe Public.

Me ent saying Trent cyar handle it, but it only have room for 1 alongside Yorke...unless yuh playing five in the middle and all 3 of them could fit.

Ince

Zamora    Stern/Jones

Subs:- Latapy, Scotland, Glen, Daniel, Noel, Thomas, stern/jones, Spann...Phillip and Hislop

Wow...Touches u really think Dog and Lawrence together again is ah good idea???...Slow and Slower?...one of them gotta sit down in my book...but watching yuh side with the friend factor ah think yuh right that is probably D side.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 04, 2009, 06:59:07 AM »
Is Dog and Lawrence oui...Is slow and slower qualify we for the last WC...They are our only aerial threats on set pieces...Dog training for his return to the SPL and Latas will put his faith in men who pass thru the wars with him.

If not Dog and Lawrence who?...injury prone Thomas who just as slow or Green Horn Abu-Bakr who marginally faster. Doh bring Hislop into this as he still having flashbacks from the first el salvador game.

Dog and Lawrence could handle the cuss from Ince
and once the wing backs performing and no cross coming in, the middle will get shut down with Me Mum and Yorke.

If Latapy really under a attacking style he will play a back 3 of Carlos, Dog and Jlloyd in the back and a 5 midfield chooking in Trent...so Me Mum and Trent tackling and Yorke to play behind the 2 strikers.

This game is do or die and it have no hope for the best here...is experience and bad mind seeing us through.

I say Bench KJ arse and let Stern handle it...Stern will deliver!

Only injury in training or passport problems changing that side.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 07:03:08 AM by Touches »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 04, 2009, 07:31:52 AM »
yea man Touches..educate them...

ah feel KJ not even coming ( watch dis space)

and ah almost forget F#CK ZAMORA
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 04, 2009, 07:39:33 AM »
Scotty not coming.... and TTFF have no money.... Turkey too far and them USL teams not near major airports... so dey ah getting plane tickets either...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 04, 2009, 02:55:06 PM »

Ince

Zamora    Stern/Jones

YUH SUPRISE MEH DEY PARDNER. you of all ppl on the board? man! birchall is overrated especially amonst us here on the board! now i not saying the fella not good, ah just feel allyuh does put this guy on ah peddestell like if he's the 2nd coming of platini, stuueeppsss.

i happen tuh like hyland and noel better, them men have better touches and they are more comfortable with the ball @ their feet.

as for yorke! comon touches, when last did yorke touch ah compatative ball? the man is out of sorts! just look @ the costa rica game, the man was bun like charcoal and allyuh callin for him to start again??

KJ stern scotty and glenn eh put no goals in the net in 5 matches, yuh still think them men derserve ah start when it have forwards who playing good for their clubs and derserve ah call and possibly ah start?

lawrence and dog may have got us to the WC , but them men eh playing like that no more.

imagine when we played costa rica, dog cost us the first goal with ah idiot dive tuh head the ball and missed out right, he also was part of the first mexico goal in azteca, in short , i think dog should ride some pine ! Bc it seem to me like he came back tuh swing on man stones.

as for mr lawrence in tobago, the half ass clearence and tuh add insult, his idiot go tuh ground sliding tackle in the box, something that's so basic in defending( always stay on yuh feet when tackling in the box) and the man did it for ah 2nd time in the hex, once with altidor. he also caused the 3rd goal when he jump like ah dam fool when the rican fake him out with the dummy cross causing the fella tuh blow passed him for the 3rd goal.

i've never seen so much incompetence from experienced players like i saw in them last two games, if the younger guys was doing it i wouldn't mind so much, but them old fellas know they spot cement on the team that's why they does do all that fackry, they need tuh get benched just like other players in foreign countries, that's what big name coaches like cappello does do, so why latas can't follow suit.

ps: ince need tuh stay on the fackin bench too, wid all dah querellin and bangin on the post! that does look real forkin stupid and backward! not to mention irratating!!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 12:15:55 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 04, 2009, 03:50:09 PM »
Well said Touches
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 04, 2009, 03:53:51 PM »

Ince

Zamora    Stern/Jones

YUH SUPRISE MEH DEY PARDNER. you of all ppl on the board? man! birchall is overrated especially amonst us here on the board! now i not saying the fella not good, ah just feel allyuh does put this guy on ah peddestell like if he's the 2nd coming of platini, stuueeppsss.

i happen tuh like hyland and noel better, them men have better touches and they are more comfortable with the ball @ their feet.

as for yorke! comon touches, when last did yorke touch ah compatative ball? the man out of sorts! just look @ the costa rica game, the man was bun like charcoal and allyuh callin for him to start again??

KJ stern scotty and glenn eh put no goals in the net in 5 matches, yuh still think them men derserve ah start when it have forwards who playing good for their clubs and derserve ah call and possibly ah start?

lawrence and dog may have got us to the WC , but them men eh playing like that no more.

imagine when we played costa rica, dog cost us the first goal with ah idiot dive tuh head the ball and missed out right, he also was part of the first mexico goal in azteca, in short , i think dog should ride some pine ! Bc it seem to me like he came back tuh swing on man stones.

as for mr lawrence in tobago, the half ass clearence and tuh add insult, his idiot go tuh ground sliding tackle in the box, something that's so basic in defending( always stay on yuh feet when tackling in the box) and the man did it for ah 2nd time in the hex, once with altidor. he also caused the 3rd goal when he jump like ah dam fool when the rican fake him out with the dummy cross causing the fella tuh blow passed him for the 3rd goal.

i've never seen so much incompetence from experienced players like i saw in them last two games, if the younger guys was doing it i wouldn't mind so much, but them old fellas know they spot cement on the team that's why they does do all that fackry, they need tuh get benched just like other players in foreign countries, that's what big name coaches like cappello does do, so why latas can't follow suit.

ps: ince need tuh stay on the fackin bench too, wid all dah querellin and bangin on the post! that does look real forkin stupid and backward! not to mention irratating!!

Not so simple man cause KJ and Scotty playing good for there team too... yea they eh score yet and i get that but iono if its ok to just bring in random new strikers and hope they score... I mean he try that with Jorsling against Mexico that fella didn't even touch the ball... its a tough situation i think u gotta put them in there and hope they score and we know they have the ability to break goals on El Salvador...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 04, 2009, 03:57:32 PM »

JC, if you like Hyland and Noel better that is your prerogative, you might even be right to do so, but NO ONE here has ever remotely likened Birchall to Platini (and not only because that would be the wrong comparison).

The problem is that it hard to follow you on that call because of the loud grinding sound we hear behind you everytime you make it.

Doh accuse me of being (irony of ironies) black hearted eh...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 04, 2009, 04:09:54 PM »
Why our football so jokey dread!!! jeez  >:( >:( >:( >:(
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 04, 2009, 04:12:22 PM »
oh gosh, allyuh ah have been outa de loop for a while. I aint realise iz one more week to de game ...pressha
dey send out instructions on how to get tickets yet? when to collect? somebody help mih!!!! ???

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 04, 2009, 04:36:22 PM »
JC,

If better can't be done let the worse continue!  ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 04, 2009, 04:39:21 PM »
oh gosh, allyuh ah have been outa de loop for a while. I aint realise iz one more week to de game ...pressha
dey send out instructions on how to get tickets yet? when to collect? somebody help mih!!!! ???

Yes luv we collectin on sat but if u go HCS early wed u sure 2 get b4 d peeps who comin 2 c d Brits.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #199 on: August 04, 2009, 04:52:48 PM »

JC, if you like Hyland and Noel better that is your prerogative, you might even be right to do so, but NO ONE here has ever remotely likened Birchall to Platini (and not only because that would be the wrong comparison).

The problem is that it hard to follow you on that call because of the loud grinding sound we hear behind you everytime you make it.

is cause Birchall keeping ah black man out right?   :-\
Trent Noel ent doing shit lately
who's been playing games right now at a higher level?..common sense will say that Birchall is the logical choice
is only he and Ince automatically on my squad

allyuh talking bout not wanting 2 defensive midfielders
is de same thing Liverpool playing..4-2-3-1..why we cant use that?
Birchall could do the Mascherano role..dat is break up all the play and play the simple ball.
Yorke could do the Xabi..which is conduct the game to his own speed and spray the ball around.

why waste time guessing?..we cant pick a truer starting XI till Latas name he 22 man squad
btw allyuh think KJ and Scotland coming?
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 04, 2009, 05:06:22 PM »

is cause Birchall keeping ah black man out right?   :-\
who's been playing games right now at a higher level?..common sense will say that Birchall is the logical choice

Birchall could do the Mascherano role..dat is break up all the play and play the simple ball.
Yorke could do the Xabi..which is conduct the game to his own speed and spray the ball around.

why waste time guessing?..we cant pick a truer starting XI till Latas name he 22 man squad

You really think Latapy that brave to leave them out? lmao then if we lost and eh score no goals he rass on fire please ofc them fellas comming... by the way i just wanna get something straight you guys think Cornell Glen, Devon Jorsling, kerry baptiste even Roberts better than KJ and scotty? just wondering...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 05:09:52 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 04, 2009, 10:07:48 PM »
From the Guardian

El Salvador calls up US-born player
Published: 5 Aug 2009
Russell Latapy will lead a squad of home-based players onto the training pitch at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo this afternoon as the final stretch of preparations commence for next Wednesday’s 2010 World Cup Qualifier against El Salvador. Latapy revealed yesterday that he will not announce his final squad until later in the week including his quota of overseas-based players for the all important clash with the Central Americans.

“I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary for us to reveal too much at this time. But I have a fair idea of what the squad will be but every player will have the opportunity to vie for selection,” Latapy said. “It’s a crucial match for us and with it being a mid-week game it means that we don’t have much time together with the final squad. In saying that, it means also that this will be a very crucial week for us ahead of the match itself.” Today, Latapy will take a look at his local-based invitees in a training exercise against the National Under-20 team from 5 pm.

Meantime, San Jose Earthquakes midfielder Arturo Alvarez stated that he is “95 to 96 per cent sure” he will be called up by the El Salvador national team for a World Cup qualifier against T&T on August 12 making the Houston native’s re-declaration of national team allegiance official. The El Salvador management has also indicated a strong possibility of Alvarez coming to Port-of-Spain with the team. The 24-year-old Alvarez drifted out of the US national team picture since he last played for the Under-23 team in 2007. Since being shut out, he determined the best chance he would have to continue his international career was to seek eligibility to play for El Salvador, his parents’ birth country.

Fifa’s new eligibility rules, passed in June, relaxed the restrictions on such changes. Because Alvarez never played in an official match for the senior US national team, he became eligible to make the switch. El Salvador has been shut out twice in the Hexagonal and certainly could make use of Alvarez, who has scored 21 goals and logged 17 assists over a seven-year career in Major League Soccer (MLS). Salvadoran national team captain Ramón Sánchez, Alvarez’s teammate on the Earthquakes, said last week that Alvarez would be able to help the team immediately and should see playing time in his first game.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 04, 2009, 10:34:25 PM »

is cause Birchall keeping ah black man out right?   :-\

I asked a newly promoted player to a top league in the UK if he was coming and he stay quite.... :-[

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 04, 2009, 11:12:49 PM »
I asked a newly promoted player to a top league in the UK if he was coming and he stay quite.... :-[
Its because its the same manager from Swansea, Martinez...he hates letting players leave for international duty.  I'm just waiting for the "Scotland picks up a knock in training" thread and then he starts Wigan's first match that weekend.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 11:16:36 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 05, 2009, 05:45:44 AM »
If you keep doing the same thing you will get the same results. My team

Ince

Spann      Jlloyd Samuel    Nigel Henry / Julius James    Avery John

Tinto        Birchall     carlos     Colin Samuel

KJ- Glen

Subs- Scotland= Zamora.

Because of the friend factor- Carlos right back and Yorke in the middle.
 Jack aint spending money so dont look for Hyland- stern . latas using josling and baptiste as well as Thomas and Hislop

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 05, 2009, 05:56:29 AM »
cazy line up

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 05, 2009, 06:15:32 AM »
If you keep doing the same thing you will get the same results. My team

Ince

Spann      Jlloyd Samuel    Nigel Henry / Julius James    Avery John

Tinto        Birchall     carlos     Colin Samuel

KJ- Glen

Subs- Scotland= Zamora.

Because of the friend factor- Carlos right back and Yorke in the middle.
 Jack aint spending money so dont look for Hyland- stern . latas using josling and baptiste as well as Thomas and Hislop

How and why would you play Carlos in the middle of the park?  Nigel Henry/Julius not even getting selected on the 18, so that is a waste of typing.  Jlloyd Samuel is a left back.  Also, with the find in Hayden Tinto, from now on Carlos playing right back, bet yuh last dollar.  Now revise yuh lineup and come again.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 05, 2009, 06:26:22 AM »
As far as I am concerned KJ & JS need not be called up to the T&T squad for our crucial game next Wednesday especially if they give us hints that their managers will prefer them to say in the UK!
This helps them save face as they have so far failed in their striking jobs for T&T and don't deserve to start if they are called up but rather would be lucky to come off the bench in my book!

P.S. Touches starting 11 looks realistic at this point barring passport problems and injuries but I say let Glen come off the bench for Zamora or Stern depending on who throwing away more chances even if they both score!

Ince

Zamora    Stern/Jones

Fellas this game is last chance hotel for the older members of the current T&T squad (men like Yorke, Dog, etc) so if they blow it and doh win next Wednesday then retire all the pensioners and bring in the best of the U-20 players together with the younger/better members of the current T&T senior squad!

This is why I more or less go along with Touches squad above, its the last chance them older men and them have to delay their retirements from the T&T national squad and possibly help T&T make a second World Cup.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:46:51 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 05, 2009, 06:38:01 AM »
As far as I am concerned KJ & JS need not be called up to The T&T squad for our crucial game next Wednesday especially if they give us hints that their managers will prefer them to say in the UK!
This helps them save face as they have so far failed in their striking jobs for T&T and don't deserve to start if they are called up but rather would be lucky to come off the bench in my book!

P.S. Touches starting 11 looks realistic at this point barring passport problems and injuries but I say let Glen come off the bench for Zamora or Stern depending on who throwing away more chances even if they both score!

Ince

Zamora    Stern/Jones

I agree I think Touches team is probably pretty close to what we gonna see...with the friend factor included....but I think Spann go start on the left ova Colin Samuel based on his last picks against Costa Rica.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 05, 2009, 02:21:05 PM »
As far as I am concerned KJ & JS need not be called up to The T&T squad for our crucial game next Wednesday especially if they give us hints that their managers will prefer them to say in the UK!

Ince

Zamora    Stern/Jones

I agree I think Touches team is probably pretty close to what we gonna see...with the friend factor included....but I think Spann go start on the left ova Colin Samuel based on his last picks against Costa Rica.
That team realistic ?  yorke eh kick ah lime in two months, plus he don't have ah team. lawrence only shitting on his tail he even replacating the same ole mistakes, but he in like flin.

avery was our best defender against costa rica , but he's excluded for this challenge, KJ scotty and stern shooting pure blanks all through the hex, but they still have ah place in the team. zamora just came on board and he's ah shoe in!

what about glenn who scored three goal so far in the campaign, what about jaggy who's in form right now and also very match fit! don't they deserve ah start? i certainly think so.

allyuh does really pick teams based on emotions yes! that team that touches picked is based purely on pass performances and not solid contemplation.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>