March 28, 2024, 03:30:51 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador Game (12-Aug-2009).  (Read 166116 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador Game (12-Aug-2009).
« Reply #300 on: August 08, 2009, 09:59:03 PM »
Hours away from football’s big day
Alvin Corneal
Published: 9 Aug 2009

Alvin Corneal
San Fernando-born Jlloyd Samuel and English born Bobby Zamora have been the new names given to bring some degree of restoration to our football quality when the national team faces El Salvador on Wednesday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. WOW! One can easily recognise the renewed passion of the fans, the opening of a door of salvation for the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, and a master stroke by the little magician, Russell Latapy. I am not always one for looking back at incidents of the past, but I do recall these two players refusing previous offers to represent the country, probably with their expectation of catching the eyes of the England selectors. And to be frank, there seems nothing wrong in this modern day of the value of naturalised citizenship, where there is legitimacy in the process of winning back the services of a long distance native son.

Those who were actually following the preparations of the national team over the past two months, may have been led to believe that the local players may now find their way into the national starting team, especially when some of the foreign based players had failed to make the impact promised by their presence in previous matches. The remarks by the coach to the media have always been positive and tended to reflect some type of satisfaction over the performances of many of the locals during the training period and the odd matches played. The fact that the names of the squad, which should have been given to the authorities ten days in advance of matchday, have not yet been made public, can lead some to believe that coach Russell is not yet quite certain as to which players will he rely on for this occasion. At the point of preparing this script (Friday), my thoughts are working overtime to follow a trend for the selection process.

Will Clayton Ince be asked to show up as was done in the past two matches or will Marvin Phillip and Jan Michel Williams be brought to the fore? What of the foreign based stalwarts Marvin Andrews, Dennis Lawrence? Both of whom were utilized against Costa Rica with moderate effectiveness. Will this bring any type of chance to Makan Hislop, Keyno Thomas, Robert Primus, Radan Fah Abu Bakr or even one Julius James (bet no one remembered him)? Clearly, Carlos Edwards is now our marquee player and will have newboy Samuel to tighten the defenceline, which could lead us to believe that the defensive problem could be solved. It will be very interesting to see the names of midfielders placed on the starting list. The high profile image of Chris Birchall in recent days on the same playing field with the likes of David Beckham, and Landon Donovan, makes his selection automatic.

Colin Samuel and Hayden Tinto, the scorers against Costa Rica and Mexico, will be tossed into the fray with Clyde Leon, Dwight Yorke, the nation’s superstar, Keon Daniel, Silvio Spann, Trent Noel, Atulla Guerra and toss in Russell’s name as the surprise package. Bobby Zamora, Jason Scotland, Kenwyne Jones, all EPL players, Stern John, may be too many numbers to allow the likes of prolific scorers on the local scene, Andre Toussaint, Kerry Baptiste and Cornell Glen a seat on the bench. Now, what does the delay in choosing the starting list at this late hour, reflect? It could well be that the coach is uncertain as to who are the best choices and/or where would these players perform best.

Indecisiveness can be defined to satisfy any need. Maybe it’s a pleasant task to have so many superstars from which to choose, of maybe the ideal quality team seems difficult to recognize just yet. We shall all have to await the final choice of players before trying to anticipate any expectation. I hope that its not too long in coming. My mind keeps coming back to one Ian Cox, who was enthusiastically brought from England to wear this country’s national team shirt. After a match or two, he decided that he is no longer interested. When our team made it to Germany, he regained his enthusiasm and was actually brought back to the squad by Leo Beenhaker.

My recollection is that one English/Trini may have played portion of a friendly in the lead up to the tournament, nothing else. At the end of it, the giant English resident may have enjoyed the Government’s monetary gift of one million dollars and probably a national award for spending his valuable time in this country. He has never been heard of again, and who knows, he may be starring in the English over forty indoor tournament played in the midlands. Let us hope that Bobby Zamora and Floyd Samuels will at least demonstrate their passion and talent when they put on T&T’s national shirt.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the foreign base players selected ?
« Reply #301 on: August 08, 2009, 10:00:29 PM »
Zamora and JL Samuel

Not Dog

neither james nor roberts. @ least dog get ah bligh , but he went and fork he self playing superman diving tuh buutt ball and missin! :devil:

Our loss is Hamilton gain. He go b ready 2 help dem in d SPL.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Colombia vs El Salvador
« Reply #302 on: August 08, 2009, 10:04:30 PM »
Just Cool,
we bussin dem man
NEVER give up

even though we kno ajw runs the TTFF
we HAVE to expect victory with every Match

El Who ???
I doh like long shots buddy, especially when it comes tuh ppl who doh know what the fack they doin!

if ah was ah mexican i wouldah take dah bet, but not me and dem hard ears tough luck we go geh dem next time dey black ppl boss!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 08, 2009, 10:11:46 PM »
Just Cool,
we bussin dem man
NEVER give up

TnT 2 - 1 El Who??
I doh like long shots buddy, especially when it comes tuh ppl who doh know what the fack they doin!

if ah was ah mexican i wouldah take dah bet, but not me and dem hard ears tough luck we go geh dem next time dey black ppl boss!
I eh kno what that last line means but I guess you saying "on wards to 2014"
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 08, 2009, 10:18:36 PM »
Spoken like ah true kakahole! well done alvin!! yuh put yuh foot in yuh battyhole yet again.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 04:14:20 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 08, 2009, 10:38:03 PM »
Just Cool,
we bussin dem man
NEVER give up

TnT 2 - 1 El Who??

I eh kno what that last line means but I guess you saying "on wards to 2014"
WC like allyuh eh see dem ppl real half steppin ahought! they literally kill every little progress the football made from 4 yrs ago.

tuh tell yuh the truth, since we loss out on the GC and still kept maturana on as the senoir team head coach i had an incling that jack and dem not serious!

he waited until this spanish man buss three games in the hex tuh install ah novice head coach tuh salvage the campaign, come on breddren, the party over! yuh eh see the lights on, the caterers gone ,the DJ dun pack up he records and loading it in the trunk of his car, the caretakers cleanin out the place, what more allyuh need tuh see.

about the last line in the previous post. what i meant tuh say is , if i was mexican, then i woulda put meh trust in the footballers and the federation BC them ppl doh ramp wid dey football! but in T&T the ppl doh care and the federation worst, plus they dun know they could do all kinda c#nt and get away wid it scotch free! so they does toy with the fans, so i not putting no hopes into that charade!     

good luck tuh allyuh hopeless romantics, iz ah realist and i facing the reality that jack warner concoct.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 10:44:28 PM by just cool »

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 08, 2009, 11:29:45 PM »
We beating El Salvador!
Meh Plane Ticket done buy  AA 1745 connecting to AA 1647
Match Ticket boughten also for de uncovered stands
And ah doh wha sit dong next to all yuh cause is only ah set ah negative fitball talk... ah want to enjoy meh fitball without all de bad mind chants in meh ears.....
Brown Sugar, ah could take ah lime with your clip....  Kiffy coming!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 09, 2009, 02:08:19 AM »
Latas cah name a side with men like zamora and samuel before he see them. Even Beenie had to see Latas before he name him in his side, so far less them two. Along with, he have no idea of the fitness of the men in pre-season.

He keeping the local based together and having a full quota of men in training Sunday and Monday before naming his side monday afternoon.
Surely you jest! wait and see!  they will be on the roster come next week, and who knows, they may start as well.

and i not talking bout the final cut, i talking bout the player call ups for the game.

Tha's my pont JC: they must be called up so he can see them first hand before he name the squad.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 09, 2009, 03:50:10 AM »
Spann- Glen-Lawrence-Zamora-LLyod Samuel- Carlos Edwards- Kenwyn Jones. Monday the rest will be revealed.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 09, 2009, 04:48:46 AM »
Latas cah name a side with men like zamora and samuel before he see them. Even Beenie had to see Latas before he name him in his side, so far less them two. Along with, he have no idea of the fitness of the men in pre-season.

He keeping the local based together and having a full quota of men in training Sunday and Monday before naming his side monday afternoon.
Surely you jest! wait and see!  they will be on the roster come next week, and who knows, they may start as well.

and i not talking bout the final cut, i talking bout the player call ups for the game.

Tha's my pont JC: they must be called up so he can see them first hand before he name the squad.
My bad fardder . bless.

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 09, 2009, 04:50:25 AM »
Game is in 3 days and still no list...this is headache yes.... :-[

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 09, 2009, 05:25:37 AM »
i'll find out today if Avery coming.... :-[

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 09, 2009, 06:08:56 AM »
game in 3 days and still no statement from Zamora...ah down to 10 men
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 09, 2009, 06:14:14 AM »
No team yet.........hmmmmmm, Latas' plan seems to be falling into place.....

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 09, 2009, 06:21:35 AM »
Hours away from football’s big day
Alvin Corneal
Published: 9 Aug 2009

Indecisiveness can be defined to satisfy any need. Maybe it’s a pleasant task to have so many superstars from which to choose, of maybe the ideal quality team seems difficult to recognize just yet. We shall all have to await the final choice of players before trying to anticipate any expectation. I hope that its not too long in coming. My mind keeps coming back to one Ian Cox, who was enthusiastically brought from England to wear this country’s national team shirt. After a match or two, he decided that he is no longer interested. When our team made it to Germany, he regained his enthusiasm and was actually brought back to the squad by Leo Beenhaker.

My recollection is that one English/Trini may have played portion of a friendly in the lead up to the tournament, nothing else. At the end of it, the giant English resident may have enjoyed the Government’s monetary gift of one million dollars and probably a national award for spending his valuable time in this country. He has never been heard of again, and who knows, he may be starring in the English over forty indoor tournament played in the midlands. Let us hope that Bobby Zamora and Floyd Samuels will at least demonstrate their passion and talent when they put on T&T’s national shirt.

If I was Cox, I woulda sue he tail for defamation ofcharacter, for not doing he research and for being a A grade idiot.

Cox played in the 2002 campaign, the semis in 2006, as well as at least 3 qualifiers in the hex and against Bahrain
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 06:23:55 AM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 09, 2009, 07:03:03 AM »
game in 3 days and still no statement from Zamora...ah down to 10 men

You down to 10?Yuh have more names dan me.....I just have 5 for sure.I cyar take Lawrence and dem as surities until I see dem link with selection for Wednesday.Zamora,J.Samuel,C.Edwards,Jones amd Glen

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 09, 2009, 07:10:29 AM »
After watching Glen play yesterday ah must say the man deserves ah chance on that field on Wednesday...he's scored in almost all the warm up games he's played for us but....he didn't score but not for lack of shots on target and running at men...good saves by the keeper kept him off the score sheet...but he looking like he getting back to form and fitness....What's this I read that Samuel didn't get he passport so he may not be able to play ???...Is that fuh real ???

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #317 on: August 09, 2009, 07:13:38 AM »
Glenn had a nagging leg injury yesterday. Same shit grabbing he left leg.

Had to leave the game for a while.

CG is best coming off the bench but if he get fk up and then subbed that go be real pull stones.

But yes he looked like he always does dangerous.

However, post Beenie he hasn't been as deadly in TT colours when coming off the bench.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 09, 2009, 07:19:38 AM »
After watching Glen play yesterday ah must say the man deserves ah chance on that field on Wednesday...he's scored in almost all the warm up games he's played for us but....he didn't score but not for lack of shots on target and running at men...good saves by the keeper kept him off the score sheet...but he looking like he getting back to form and fitness....What's this I read that Samuel didn't get he passport so he may not be able to play ???...Is that fuh real ???

Only in Trinidad.Ah man who had to have a passport cyar get one and another who probable didn't get one.

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 09, 2009, 07:25:33 AM »

Only in Trinidad.Ah man who had to have a passport cyar get one and another who probable didn't get one.

If that is fuh real that is the most amount ah BullShyte ah ever hear....Yuh right only in Trini....and of the 2 of them... he is the more important man to try to help that leaky defence we have.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 09, 2009, 12:03:34 PM »
DROP YORKE, DOG AND STERN

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Latapy names squad for El Salvador.
« Reply #321 on: August 09, 2009, 12:16:16 PM »
Clayton Ince, Marvin Phillip

Silvio Spann, Keyeno Thomas, Marvin Andrews, Dennis Lawrence, Avery John

Carlos Edwards, Hayden Tinto, Russell Latapy, Collin Samuel, Keon Daniel, Christopher Birchall, Dwight Yorke, Khaleem Hyland

Bobby Zamora, Cornell Glen, Kenwyne Jones.

Some technical problem with Jlloyd Samuel ah hear.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 12:18:01 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy names squad for El Salvador.
« Reply #322 on: August 09, 2009, 12:18:13 PM »
Clayton Ince, Marvin Phillip

Silvio Spann, Keyeno Thomas, Marvin Andrews, Dennis Lawrence, Avery John

Carlos Edwards, Hayden Tinto, Russell Latapy, Collin Samuel, Keon Daniel, Christopher Birchall, Dwight Yorke, Khaleem Hyland

Bobby Zamora, Cornell Glen, Kenwyne Jones.

Some technical problem with Jlloyd Samuel ah hear.

yuh on kicks or yuh serious?
where u hear dat?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 12:19:13 PM by Flex »
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 09, 2009, 12:33:08 PM »
Is this the squad for real ???
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 12:38:27 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 09, 2009, 12:37:04 PM »
is this the real deal?
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 09, 2009, 12:38:20 PM »
Not a chance
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 09, 2009, 12:39:11 PM »
Dwight Yorke?????  Come nah man. and we want to win this game.
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 09, 2009, 12:46:53 PM »
whey scotty??????????????????
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 09, 2009, 12:58:03 PM »
Its after 2:45 so latapy was surpose 2 have a press confronts going on all now i think?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 01:10:50 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>