March 28, 2024, 03:26:06 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador Game (12-Aug-2009).  (Read 166061 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador Game (12-Aug-2009).
« Reply #630 on: August 12, 2009, 12:53:46 AM »
Viewing the game live in London Warrior Nation style with fellow supporters!

If you live in London and want to view the game LIVE then head down to The Sports Cafe in London's Haymarket, 80 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4TE. Nearest tube station is Piccadilly Circus on Piccadilly Line (2 minutes walk from venue).

The T&T vs El Salvador game being shown LIVE at this venue is 100% CONFIRMED!!  :chilling:

Doors: 9pm to 3am and game kicks-off at 12:30am GMT (half-past midnight!)
Adm: Free all night for Soca Warriors supporters wearing their team's football colours!

Please wear your RED or T&T football tops and arrive as early as possible to avoid being turned away once venue is full!!

The game will be showing LIVE on the BIG screen upstairs as well as in the restaurant area downstairs.
Soca music will be played by Soca PhD during half-time break and after the game provided the team attains victory!

The chants during this game will be "Magic Dus In Dey Face", "Vibes It Up", "T&T We Want Ah Goal" & "I'm A Soca Warrior!"

Right after the match we will hopefully be able to go into full party mode and celebrate victory with DJ Soca PhD "Vibesing It Up" till 3am once the bar is kept busy!  ;)

Please click link below for event details on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=140946373942&ref=mf
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 01:00:34 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 12, 2009, 03:56:12 AM »

Right after the match we will hopefully be able to go into full party mode and celebrate victory with DJ Soca PhD "Vibesing It Up" till 3am once the bar is kept busy!  ;)

Dahis like 35-40 minutes of full party mode ... :)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 12, 2009, 04:47:45 AM »

If you live in London and want to view the game LIVE then head down to The Sports Cafe in London's Haymarket, 80 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4TE. Nearest tube station is Piccadilly Circus on Piccadilly Line (2 minutes walk from venue).

The T&T vs El Salvador game being shown LIVE at this venue is 100% CONFIRMED!!  :chilling:

Adm: Free all night for Soca Warriors supporters wearing their team's football colours!

Please wear your RED or T&T football tops and arrive as early as possible to avoid being turned away once venue is full!!

The game will be showing LIVE on the BIG screen upstairs as well as in the restaurant area downstairs.
Soca music will be played by Soca PhD during half-time break and after the game provided the team attains victory!

The chants during this game will be "Magic Dus In Dey Face", "Vibes It Up", "T&T We Want Ah Goal" & "I'm A Soca Warrior!"

Hoss ah appreciate the hard work, but ah hope the technical difficulties we had last time will be resolved...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 12, 2009, 04:55:28 AM »

Hoss ah appreciate the hard work, but ah hope the technical difficulties we had last time will be resolved...

Yeap! I have already reminded the management about that and they have assured me that we will get the proper standard of audio & video transmission this time round.
In fact I will call them again today to remind them that they can't afford no more slip-ups this time!!
I have already forced them to make entry FREE all night for Soca Warriors supporters to make up for the glitches we had last time!  :chilling:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 04:57:47 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 12, 2009, 05:37:51 AM »
Is the game likely to sell-out? is it possible to just turn up and pay cash at the gate? or is it mandatory to have to book and collect from Marvin Lee?
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 12, 2009, 05:59:54 AM »
If Dog and Yorke start :
El Salvador 2 - TnT 1,

If not:
El Salvador 0 - TnT 3

:heehee:

Babalawo, yuh have to change that line up yuh have in yuh signature.... :)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 12, 2009, 06:20:45 AM »
Is the game likely to sell-out? is it possible to just turn up and pay cash at the gate? or is it mandatory to have to book and collect from Marvin Lee?

Jay I think that should be possible and you can also go to venue to pay for and collect your tickets up until 1pm today at the HCS. I remember that info being posted by someone on this forum yesterday but can't remember in which thread!

Btw Jay are you in T&T and if so have you now moved back to T&T or are you simply there on holiday?
Please PM me with an update, long time no speak!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 06:23:43 AM by Socapro »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 12, 2009, 06:21:44 AM »
If we looking towards the WC this is not a bad squad... I was vex that some popular names were not called but... In The Magic we Trust....! SA here we come!

Come on Jason and Akile  :beermug:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 12, 2009, 06:26:24 AM »
The morning poll question on I95.5fm was "Do you think the administration has given up on the National Senior Team's chances of qualifying for South Africa?"

81% said yes......

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #639 on: August 12, 2009, 06:27:41 AM »
If Dog and Yorke start :
El Salvador 2 - TnT 1,

If not:
El Salvador 0 - TnT 3
You worried bout Dog (who have a team and training and bout to play in d SPL), when Dennis (who have no team and not training and is 35 and unwanted by League 2 teams) probably starting?

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 12, 2009, 06:27:53 AM »
The morning poll question on I95.5fm was "Do you think the administration has given up on the National Senior Team's chances of qualifying for South Africa?"

81% said yes......

Jack is too focused on becoming PM...

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 12, 2009, 06:49:38 AM »

Jay I think that should be possible and you can also go to venue to pay for and collect your tickets up until 1pm today at the HCS. I remember that info being posted by someone on this forum yesterday but can't remember in which thread!

Btw Jay are you in T&T and if so have you now moved back to T&T or are you simply there on holiday?

hi Socapro, you're right, long time no speak

my garage business went tits-up when the recession hit. I was lucky to get out owing only a few thou. Plenty people I know lost everything. Business, house, cars, you name it. Now I work for a company called Clear Channel and I'm responsible for ensuring all their motorised ad panels in the London area are going up and down

I'm here on holiday for the next three weeks. I flew down on Sunday, same flight as the players, but they were up front in business and I was in the rear with the cattle so I didn't really get a chance to speak to any them

I read the ad about collecting tickets from HC/ML before 1pm but I'm still organising friends and family. Some of them are going to have to try and get an hour or two off work, so the upshot is I don't know exactly how many tickets I'm going to need until maybe 5.00 pm, so that's why I'm hoping we can just turn up and pay cash at the gate

good to hear from you again  :beermug:
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 12, 2009, 06:54:45 AM »
CALLING ALL HATERS!

RIDE OUT WITH YUH NEGATIVITY TODAY!

GAME DAY and is only POSITIVE VIBES!

all the feelings alyuh toting bout squad, players, admin etc....outside with that.

Wish the team the best and let whatever 11 take the field do the best they can and respresent us to the fullest.

3 points for T&T!!!

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 12, 2009, 07:12:18 AM »

hi Socapro, you're right, long time no speak

my garage business went tits-up when the recession hit. I was lucky to get out owing only a few thou. Plenty people I know lost everything. Business, house, cars, you name it. Now I work for a company called Clear Channel and I'm responsible for ensuring all their motorised ad panels in the London area are going up and down

I'm here on holiday for the next three weeks. I flew down on Sunday, same flight as the players, but they were up front in business and I was in the rear with the cattle so I didn't really get a chance to speak to any them

I read the ad about collecting tickets from HC/ML before 1pm but I'm still organising friends and family. Some of them are going to have to try and get an hour or two off work, so the upshot is I don't know exactly how many tickets I'm going to need until maybe 5.00 pm, so that's why I'm hoping we can just turn up and pay cash at the gate

good to hear from you again  :beermug:

what's up man
how is dat Mini of yours
the last time I saw it, it was hugging ah post ;D
good to see that you are posting again
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 12, 2009, 07:49:40 AM »
I'm not sure how much you guys might have been following this story, but U.S.-born midfielder Arturo Álvarez, who recently switched allegiances from the USA to El Salvador, is in the squad for this game and will quite possibly start.

http://www.elgrafico.com/index.php?dest=true&art=26711

If you're not familiar with him, he can dribble and has an excellent left foot. The problem is that his right foot is practically non-existent and his work rate off the ball is very poor.

Well jam he on he left foot all game long.  ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: August 12, 2009, 08:20:44 AM »
I'm not sure how much you guys might have been following this story, but U.S.-born midfielder Arturo Álvarez, who recently switched allegiances from the USA to El Salvador, is in the squad for this game and will quite possibly start.

http://www.elgrafico.com/index.php?dest=true&art=26711

If you're not familiar with him, he can dribble and has an excellent left foot. The problem is that his right foot is practically non-existent and his work rate off the ball is very poor.

Well jam he on he left foot all game long.  ;D

Let the dog loose on him  ;D

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 12, 2009, 08:29:58 AM »
Some video clips of Alvarez. As I said, he can cause problems if he's given free reign to use his left.

5.30.09 - Alvarez's Beauty

Arturo Alvarez 2007 Highlights
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 12, 2009, 08:43:50 AM »
Some video clips of Alvarez. As I said, he can cause problems if he's given free reign to use his left.

Steups

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 12, 2009, 09:04:48 AM »
F*ck Alvarez
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Pre-Match thread for the T&T vs El Salvador Game (12-Aug-2009).
« Reply #649 on: August 12, 2009, 09:05:44 AM »
Greetings.

This thread is designed to get you direct links and updates for the above game without having to go through 50+ pages to get such info. After game day this thread will be merged with the "Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador Game (12-Aug-2009)."

If anyone have any additional information/updates on who will be bringing the game kindly post it here. All other post will be deleted.

Possible Live Internet Links.

I95.5fm

105.1FM

Justin TV

ATDHE.Net

TV Viewing.

DirecTV - $25 USD

CTnTworld, 9pm (Delay)

T&T Squad:

Goalkeepers
Clayton Ince, Marvin Phillip, Jan-Michael Williams.

Defenders
Dennis Lawrence, Marvin Andrews, Radanfah Abu Bakr, Keyeno Thomas, Keston Williams, Aklie Edwards.

Midfielders
Keon Daniel, Densill Theobald, Carlos Edwards, Hughton Hector, Clyde Leon, Trent Noel, Silvio Spann, Christopher Birchall, Hayden Tinto, Russell Latapy, Dwight Yorke.

Forwards
Kenwyne Jones, Jason Scotland, Cornell Glen, Kerry Baptiste.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 04:58:51 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 12, 2009, 09:20:02 AM »

that hada be the most one footed highlight reel ever the man eh touch the ball once with his right. So basically all akile hada do is mash he left foot in the first minute and das dat

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #651 on: August 12, 2009, 09:20:58 AM »
CALLING ALL HATERS!

all the feelings alyuh toting bout squad, players, admin etc....outside with that.

Wish the team the best and let whatever 11 take the field do the best they can and respresent us to the fullest.

3 points for T&T!!!

T!
Regardless of how you play this is what will make the difference:  Match officials:

Referee: Terry Vaughn (USA)
Assistant Referee 1: Thomas Supple (USA)
Assistant Referee 2: Corey E. Rockwell (USA)
Fourth official: Mark Geiger (USA)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 09:23:41 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 12, 2009, 09:24:29 AM »
CALLING ALL HATERS!

3 points for T&T!!!

T
Regardless of how you play this is what will make the difference:  Match officials:

Please elaborate... how these officials go make a difference?

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-Match thread for the T&T vs El Salvador Game (12-Aug-2009).
« Reply #653 on: August 12, 2009, 09:26:48 AM »
11:26 rain in POS.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 12, 2009, 09:29:01 AM »
11:26 rain in POS.

Hope a wet field suits us

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #655 on: August 12, 2009, 09:32:28 AM »
CALLING ALL HATERS!

3 points for T&T!!!

T

Please elaborate... how these officials go make a difference?

Watch the game in real time as it progress
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 12, 2009, 09:46:38 AM »
Good.

Anybody have a squad numbers ? yuh know we can't rely on Shaun Fuentes for that.

I assuming its...

1.Clayton Ince, 21.Marvin Phillip, 18.Jan-Michael Williams.

6.Dennis Lawrence, 4.Marvin Andrews, Radanfah Abu Bakr, 5.Keyeno Thomas, Keston Williams, 3.Aklie Edwards.

19.Keon Daniel, 18.Densill Theobald, 11.Carlos Edwards, Hughton Hector, 2.Clyde Leon, 8.Trent Noel, 16.Silvio Spann, 7.Christopher Birchall, 10.Hayden Tinto, Russell Latapy, 19.Dwight Yorke.

15.Kenwyne Jones, 12.Jason Scotland, 13.Cornell Glen, 14.Kerry Baptiste.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 12, 2009, 09:51:08 AM »
For the US based Warrior fans, in case you didnt know, Comcast also bringing the game PPV 24.95  :beermug:

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 12, 2009, 09:53:10 AM »
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 12, 2009, 09:53:51 AM »

that hada be the most one footed highlight reel ever the man eh touch the ball once with his right.

True. He is all left foot.

It's one thing that held back his progress in the U.S. team. And his poor work rate without the ball.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

1]; } ?>