March 28, 2024, 05:35:18 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador Game (12-Aug-2009).  (Read 166123 times)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador Game (12-Aug-2009).
« Reply #990 on: August 12, 2009, 08:47:59 PM »
boy o boy.  3 points are 3 points.  However, those are by far the worse 2 teams in the Hex and it showed. However, I must focus on the 2 players with Premiership experience - Carlos Edwards and Jones.  Carlos Edwards is simply atrocious as a winger.  The amount of poor corners, shots spooned in the crowd, crosses the keeper just wrap up. He simply cannot bring in a proper cross. Absolutely no end product. I have been watching him for years - he may be better off as wing back.  Jones also has regressed terribly.  He simply has no striker instincts.  That 1 on 1 would have sealed the game.  Glen should be a starter on this team as he is the only one that can cause trouble on his own.  Jones is also of limited usefulness because there is no flank play (see Carlos) that can make use of his prowess in the air.  Points but poor display

Yep...Carlos' delivery has not improved one ounce.  Bruce need to keep him after practice every day and just make him work on that.  Kenwyne's touch is heavy like lead, and he needs to finish off those 1v1s.  Same thing he did against Reina in the Prem last season..he not learning from he mistakes.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 12, 2009, 08:50:25 PM »
Allyuh notice Jones playin better since he hair revert to its natural color??

when he score we go talk
He was in nice position to score only if glen had past the ball see KJ was furious bout that...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 12, 2009, 08:50:31 PM »
Men saying the defence porous. Actually this game the defence (defenders) were organized, for the most part played as though they knew where each other was, played higher up the field and most time had a nice straight line in the back going on, no one man keeping men onside and stupidness.

What was porous is the midfield.....which IMO, has always been the problem with our team.

In The first half the defense looked organized because the mids did well and ES was not pushing forward. However in the 2nd the defense showed their vulnerability. They got to stretched out and isolated on the left side. The line lost it shape to quickly.
We did not give up any goals.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 12, 2009, 08:52:06 PM »
3ptsssssssssssssss. I must admit when I hear d side I say like Mats email it 2 Latas but I say is we boys and dem. So it was Magic Dust in dey face.
Let me go read d thread now.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 12, 2009, 08:55:24 PM »
3ptsssssssssssssss. I must admit when I hear d side I say like Mats email it 2 Latas but I say is we boys and dem. So it was Magic Dust in dey face.
Let me go read d thread now.

hear nah... when i hear squad call, in my mind i sayin ' buh wat s**t side latas choose here'. but thanks be to Jah Jah, it work

i realisin it have a method to latas 'madness'. i go stop tryin to analyse an jus go wid d flow

Lord, thank u fuh d three points
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 12, 2009, 08:57:45 PM »
latas seems like he is picking the side based on the opposition. what is the oppositions strengths and weakness. cant xplain it any other way. we still had plenty gaps in we defence though
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 12, 2009, 09:01:23 PM »
well check his 3 games...Colin Samuel score...and get dropped...Tinto score and get dropped...
watch out Cornell...lol...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 12, 2009, 09:06:50 PM »
Lawwddd fadder ah glad for de win eh....at least Latapy live to fight another day but laaaawwwddd fadder....I nearly died of a heart attack in the injury time 3 mins.....it was bad enough to live through that 2nd half and den to add a 3mins to it was just too much....ah going and send de TTFF/Latas/the team mih doctor bill....

Ah happy for Cornell.....mih eh know what he do not to be a more permanent fixture but thanks for finding yuh shooting boots tonight....

and last but certainly not least

THANK YUH GOD FOR INCE!!!!....ah feel sure dat yuh answer we prayers tonight....Ince was proof that prayers work.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 12, 2009, 09:15:09 PM »
Allyuh notice Jones playin better since he hair revert to its natural color??

when he score we go talk
He was in nice position to score only if glen had past the ball see KJ was furious bout that...

nah boy...jones woulda mistrap and bounce the ball to the keeper.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 12, 2009, 09:26:48 PM »
What is the deal with Tinto. Anybody????????????????

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: August 12, 2009, 09:28:38 PM »

tinto was warming up for a while in d second half. but ah guess latas read d game in a way that he didnt see d need to put een tinto  ???

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 12, 2009, 09:30:08 PM »
His was not on the roster or was it???????

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 12, 2009, 09:32:04 PM »

U eh hear d strategy score and get drop
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 12, 2009, 09:39:05 PM »
well check his 3 games...Colin Samuel score...and get dropped...Tinto score and get dropped...
watch out Cornell...lol...

:o
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 12, 2009, 09:40:03 PM »

Colin Samuel get the same treatment.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: August 12, 2009, 09:40:54 PM »
buh aye aye... whey jus cool an palos? it wud be nice to read their contributions  ;D  :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: August 12, 2009, 09:44:25 PM »
buh aye aye... whey jus cool an palos? it wud be nice to read their contributions  ;D  :beermug:

Well JC wearin he mittens in hell as it freeze ovah as Latas eh strt Yorke. As 4 Palos  :) all d way to bank 2 deposit he savings as Latas takin we 2 SA.

Offline ES10

• New Warrior
  • El Salvador Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: August 12, 2009, 09:45:15 PM »
You guys beat us fair and square. Congrats. I'll be waiting for the CTnT feed to be put up (If it already hasn't)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: August 12, 2009, 09:46:38 PM »
You guys beat us fair and square. Congrats. I'll be waiting for the CTnT feed to be put up (If it already hasn't)

hard luck ES10... so it goes sometimes  :beermug:

;D ;D ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: August 12, 2009, 09:46:53 PM »

Thxs

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: August 12, 2009, 09:47:28 PM »

Thank you ES10....the road is still long and hard for both teams....but may T&T win!!!.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: August 12, 2009, 09:49:02 PM »

Thank you ES10....the road is still long and hard for both teams....but may T&T win!!!.... ;D

Cosign

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: August 12, 2009, 09:51:00 PM »
I hear Maturana was in de stands.

Dat a coincidence or he just get employed as villa capri transport officer and tonite was a slow night so he come to see de vibes?  :devil:
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: August 12, 2009, 09:53:11 PM »
I hear Maturana was in de stands.

Dat a coincidence or he just get employed as villa capri transport officer and tonite was a slow night so he come to see de vibes?  :devil:

Nah he makin show d girls dental work is done. He skilled in dat area.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: August 13, 2009, 04:47:27 AM »
u all realise that el slavador didnt fully test or defence. I am never one to jump at the throat of our players but i wait 4 a harder game to see how fickle our fans are. when keon daniel came off we should have gotten poison, because 4 some reason trent was not playing  left midfield he was playing a left centre midfield. as a  result of that in that 20 mins spell costa rica had a 2 against one on our left side on many occasions and  a better team would have made it count.
on many occasions el salvador had a free player on the blind side but the ball never reached them. thank God 4 that.
the defence still has plenty to improve
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: August 13, 2009, 04:58:30 AM »
latas seems like he is picking the side based on the opposition. what is the oppositions strengths and weakness. cant xplain it any other way. we still had plenty gaps in we defence though
And what was the reason for using keston williams ? dat boy can't even travel with the ball @ his feet for two seconds or make ah simple 10 yard pass! sttuueeeppppsss!

latapy better thank GOD for clayton ince, BC el salv played all over us and was unlucky not tuh get on the board, especially in the final 15 mins.

we coulda kill this team off if we had hyland and tinto in the midfield, why he didn't blank spann or put him in clyde leon role, leave carlos in the defence, as calos is ah good over lapping player and have transitional skill more than any other player, put tinto as the offensive winger leave daniel on the bench.

avery shoulda played the left back, i'm sure he woulda did ah much better job than this keston williams fella who was putting pressure on the defence all night with his slip ups and bad passes and throws.

it's like latas cyar see the guy eh ready for this level. that was ah real bad move!

latas need tuh stop experimenting with players until the hex dun and use the men who could do the business!

the time for experimentation dun, now is time tuh bring the hurt!

BTW trent noel was boss tonight!! he ran his arse off and broke up a lot of plays in the middle, he's ah great find. clyde leon need tuh stay on the bench full time, the boy doh have no vision no skills, i don't get his inclusion.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #1016 on: August 13, 2009, 05:19:12 AM »
my God, I think I still drunk - somehow.

Had a blast at the game minus the few heart attacks on defence and anytime they run close to Spann. Was looking for a glass bottle to pelt the mudda c**ts who was screaming at people to sit down whenever TT was attacking. Some trinis does act real fickle and get on like is a fleckin opera dey gone in the HCS to see.

Spann get nuff abuse, but should be credited with assisting Glenn goal - after he concede that foul with that stink breed, that poorly taken freekick lead the counter.

A little tentative that when we play the better teams, if we allow their attacking mids that much space and time, winning out the rest of the games in the hex could be more than a bit of a challenge.

Haven't seen any type of replay, but what the hell was the ref's problem with Birchall? - and how many people are we missing next game due to yellow card accumulation?
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: August 13, 2009, 05:30:08 AM »
Spann get nuff abuse, but should be credited with assisting Glenn goal - after he concede that foul with that stink breed, that poorly taken freekick lead the counter.

you joking right?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #1018 on: August 13, 2009, 05:31:46 AM »

you joking right?

didn't have the luxury of replay, but that is what I remember.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: August 13, 2009, 06:07:48 AM »
we win!!! we win!!! :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
I enjoyed the game especially the first half as it was the first time I saw first hand some of the younger players. I think Abu Bakr had a good game, and #8 -Trent Noel? - decent...I know you guys are more critical than I am but I was seeing the team playing well together and having some good reads of where the others were on the field, it looked like they were playing to the plan- at least in the first half...somehow they lost the script in the second half, tho'
that said- thank GOD for Ince...yes! Man of the Match award :beermug:
next...

1]; } ?>