March 28, 2024, 04:41:50 AM

Author Topic: TTFF new 2014 five Year Plan  (Read 3080 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
TTFF new 2014 five Year Plan
« on: June 03, 2009, 10:03:59 PM »
Is five years  enough to prepare a solid team under the new direction of the coach for WC 2014?

Besides recycling old stars  which players (especially some from the u-21 and u-17 program) could form the nucleus of a team that could begin preparations from now for 2014?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 07:18:09 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF new five Year Plan
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 10:10:35 PM »
The TTFF is to planning...like Tobago United is to winning.

Both know they should do it more...just for some reason..they dont as often as they should.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 10:39:12 PM »

Both know they should do it more...just for some reason..they dont as often as they should.

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 05:34:59 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:
aaaaahhhhhh boy Bourbon....yuh putting down some gems lately....keep 'em coming....  ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 07:58:52 AM »
With the well-intentioned, patriotic, sincere and inspiring Latas, yes 5 years is enough to build a 2014 team.
In terms of the nucleus, one could imagine several names, not to omit a few that come to mind like:

Retiring by then (2014): Stern John, Lawrence, Andrews, Avery, Cyd,
Probably retiring by then: Ince, Cornell Glen as his weapon of speed might be reduced a notch by then.
Possibly one more world cup in him: Scotland, Carlos Edwards, Aurtis Whitley, Colin Samuel
Established: Kenwyne, Jan Michael, Theobald, Spann, Birchall, Toussaint
About to take off: Daryl Roberts, Baptiste, Tinto, Hyland, Clyde Leon, Marvin Phillips, Julius James
Younger with big potential: Jamal Gay, Guerra, Knox, Goalkeeper Glenroy Samuel, Paul, Peltier, Bartholomew, Randi Patterson, Pacheco, Wolfe, Kendall Jagdeosingh, Osei Telesford, Keon Daniel, Kevon Carter
Youngsters for grooming: Makan Hislop, Radanfah, Nicholson Thomas, Seon Powers, Akeem Adams and several members of the under 20 team gaining experience in the Egypt World Cup and some prodigies of the under 17 like Britto.

Apologies for any talented player overlooked.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 08:02:39 AM »
with who money ah wonder.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 08:19:50 AM »
With the well-intentioned, patriotic, sincere and inspiring Latas, yes 5 years is enough to build a 2014 team.
In terms of the nucleus, one could imagine several names, not to omit a few that come to mind like:

Probably retiring by then: Ince, Cornell Glen as his weapon of speed might be reduced a notch by then.
Possibly one more world cup in him: Scotland, Carlos Edwards, Aurtis Whitley, Colin Samuel
About to take off: Daryl Roberts, Baptiste, Tinto, Hyland, Clyde Leon, Marvin Phillips, Julius James
Younger with big potential: Jamal Gay, Guerra, Knox, Goalkeeper Glenroy Samuel, Paul, Peltier, Bartholomew, Randi Patterson, Pacheco, Wolfe, Kendall Jagdeosingh, Osei Telesford, Keon Daniel, Kevon Carter
Youngsters for grooming: Makan Hislop, Radanfah, Nicholson Thomas, Seon Powers, Akeem Adams and several members of the under 20 team gaining experience in the Egypt World Cup and some prodigies of the under 17 like Britto.

Good intentions..but in my view is this. A lot of those players on the "about to take off" list and below should be higher...in the sense that they should be established...etc. Players supposed to be at their peak physically around 23-26.....how much of our players there now...or would be in 4 years? Dahs why planning hadda start now..we hadda see and know wha we have....and we hadda be real. 2006 pass us with us basking in the glory of qualification..and then dat damn jacklist gone and make things worse..and now we hadda be scraping to pull back essentially the 2006 squad...4 years older to hope we could qualify. It cyar work so.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline soca_randy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 01:52:01 PM »
Palos, you have to be a foreigner and not a trini, because the only plan that TTFF have is Bacchanal and more bacchanal. That's the plan. No plan.

Do you know how long we trinidadians playing this game, longer than the americans, longer than the canadians and we still cannot get it right yet because trinidadians like to much bacchanal.

Everyone knows we need a comprehensive youth structure with proper coaches at all levels. One or two football academies, scholarships to play football in England, Brazil  & France. Not America - poor standard.

We always seem to start over and over, jacklisting players, firing coaches. If we do manage to have a good side we not keeping them together.

We preparing to play a qualifing world cup game we playing a shit side like Tobago Unit. as a warm up match. I never see America playing eskimo united, Washington DC  under 12  as a warm up game to prepare for a big match.

We need to wake up and know what it takes to be successful and just do it. USA started after us and they have the structure, the preparation right.

I thought when L.Phillip came onboard he would put things right. But it seems like Jack calling the shots.

And another thing, them man cah keep the ball for no more than 5 mins, giving it away cheaply.We have no style of play. I always say we need to have a blue print of how we should play the game, which is like a Brazilian style and that should go out to all coaches at all levels.

So palos here what is my plan.
 I plan to pray that is what I did for the last world cup  and I plan to pray again for we to get to the next one.

Because I know TTFF ha no Plan.
socarandy
UK Based

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 06:04:49 PM »
no slow man that over 33years old please .:praying: 

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF new 2014 five Year Plan
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 07:21:24 PM »
 Pointing fingers and laying blame , criticizing coaches' strategies and player selections will not do it at this time.
Realistically speaking, results are the only thing that matters.

At this time how probable is it for us to make it to WC 2010? It appears that it is slip  sliding away
The fault dear Brutus lies within. So is it not worth the while to exert our energies on a solid five year plan that may yield  more favourable results?

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 03:04:17 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 05:02:03 PM »

lol lmao, such truth!!!

BTW...-

WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 06:39:48 PM »

Good intentions..but in my view is this. A lot of those players on the "about to take off" list and below should be higher...in the sense that they should be established...etc. Players supposed to be at their peak physically around 23-26.....how much of our players there now...or would be in 4 years? Dahs why planning hadda start now..we hadda see and know wha we have....and we hadda be real. 2006 pass us with us basking in the glory of qualification..and then dat damn jacklist gone and make things worse..and now we hadda be scraping to pull back essentially the 2006 squad...4 years older to hope we could qualify. It cyar work so.

I don't disagree Bourboun. Some of those about to take-off, did indeed take off at the Dwight Yorke Stadium. Tinto for one.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 07:51:41 PM »

I don't disagree Bourboun. Some of those about to take-off, did indeed take off at the Dwight Yorke Stadium. Tinto for one.

Yuh hoping.
Understand wha i saying....all de players we need hadda get opportunities. Dey eh go be de best...dey go get cuss....dey go get all kinda abuse..but...once the proper blend of experienced players and youths is found.....they would grow from strength to strength. Tinto getting chances long time...notably digicel cup under wim. After dat what? No kinda coherent plan...nuttin...jus spontaneous changes hoping to get rid of symptoms but the problem is still the same. Imagine Keyno Thomas is bout 28 ent? He now getting a chance to be the understudy as a centre back...at 28. So when men like Julius James going and get a chance? When Dwayne Jack go get a next chance too? Especially since in most people mind he a waste of time since he didnt impress when he got his chance. Dem men could only get a chance when it have a tournament....and de margin for error small. Den yuh does hear a wailing and knashing of teeth when tings doh work out. As it is....qualification would be nice. Buh den wha? De same ting again. 2 Years waste after 2006...and time wasted..and opportunities wasted. Buh....it all depends on wha we want. Just to qualify for world cup to say we went? Dah doh make sense.

Me personally.....I go take when men making mistakes...once they learning from their mistakes. Avery John had a nightmare of a debut....Dennis Lawrence too. But men wasting down Akiel.

I doh claim to be no intellectual..or no genius...or no revolutionary. To me it simple....we hadda have consistent and frequent opportunities to give men chances..so we could go with confidence into Digicel cup and Gold Cup and qualifiers.....knowing full well wha we have. World Cup qualification final round eh no place to be now figuring out wha you have. Every single friendly day FIFA gives....we should have a game. No question about it. It must have some nation dat willing to play. As it is now.....we have no Gold Cup to play in....a tournament which in my view gave beenie a lot of insight that helped with qualification. We didnt win or get out of the group...but....we got an insight into wha we have available and wha we have to do.

The more we sweat in peace...the less we bleed in war. We doh sweat in peace period. Pro League poor.....fitness levels low....tactical sense lacking. Yes we have potential but what are we doing with it? Worse yet our love for nostalgia causing men to be sucking hard grainy iodized salt until bout 26 or 27..when they physically on the decline. Den yuh wondering why half de squad from 2006 get call back....4 years older.....and we wondering why things going as they are.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 10:03:39 PM »

All yuh gettin on like d stalk just bring he 4 Latas. Jah has been callin 4 d man since rock of ages was a pebble.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 07:59:32 PM »
Draw up the plans now; next game start those who may be the core potental for 2014.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 08:13:31 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 09:24:23 PM »
Draw up the plans now; next game start those who may be the core potental for 2014.

2nd that
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Auld Lang Syne a.k.a. 2006 WC
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 10:50:49 PM »
Should auld acquaintance (2006 WC GERMANY) be forgotten

and never brought to mind?

Should auld acquaintance be forgotten

and days of  (STRIKE SQUAD)auld lang syne?

For WARRIORS, my team,

for Warriors,

we'll take a cup of kindness yet,

for TNT.

Let's look to 2014!!!!!! and not repeat the mistakes of yore!!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 11:05:58 PM »
Bring the best  of the youth players plus foreign based playes who would be prime come 2014:

Randi Patterson
Kendal Jadegorsingh
Julius James
Daryl Roberts
J.  Brito
B.Sancho

Thanks Yorke....retirement plan
M.Andrews...every dog has its day
The dance over leh we start the planning, building and  getting a solid nucleus together.
Let 'old dogs rest peacefully'

1]; } ?>