April 18, 2024, 07:02:46 PM

Author Topic: Looking for a ride  (Read 7266 times)

Offline Mackie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a ride
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2009, 12:25:44 PM »
  Fazir Mohammed damn right if Pacho was de coach on Saturday he would have been criticized.  De man article is spot on.  Who want to vex could vex.
Latapy was able to fix the problem of the one twos that was killing aklie in particular and T&T in general . Also for 60 minutes he fix the problem of men not running off the ball when we have it..  I could only talk for me but it really was a major improvment in FUNDAMENTAL areas. If Pacho was able to do that I would have lauded him as well. Fact is Pacho has us looking like the pre-Beenhaaker era , wild , no formation and men passing the ball and standing up.
Latapy wasnt perfect he use three subs to achieve what could have been done with a straight striker swap . I sure EVERBODY knows that Latapy has to improve , everbody just releived that he having a positive influence and we looking like we back on the right track.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 12:31:04 PM »
I started making some points earlier about the match and I read ARAZI'S post, it left me with nothing more to say but
that it was a great post and it pointed out a few deficiencies Latapy's in his tactics.Fazeer was also correct in what he reported,fact is Mats wudda been cussed non stop had he been still in charge.Lets hope we can be more mature and objective in the future.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2009, 12:34:36 PM »
BELIEVE
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2009, 12:35:51 PM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2009, 12:57:53 PM »
Latas:

Class legendary player
Likeable leader
Great motivator
Visionary strategist
Only player to mostly neutralize the blacklist, for now
Respected at home by fans, Vranes, Gally, Vidale, Lincoln, Jackulito and grudgingly by Alvin, Anton & de rest
Respected as coach in Scotland and T&T
Respected by de hungry-for-mentoring bad bwoys who have had difficulty with discipline and motivation.
Respected by de businessmen who need a safe populist bandwaggon to hitch dey investments to
Respected by de forumites
Speaks fluent "Potugee"
Speaks spanish
Will have de team on a new south american exchange program, especially in Brazil where he will be at ease
May be the first coach who might really stay for stable development, provided he geh pay

What a talent. Trinbagonians are not used to genuine, sincere and quality patriots like Latas with tremendous and invaluable high quality international exposure who have no chips on their shoulders and without dirty agendas, getting a chance to serve and make a difference. Leh we not waste dis moment. It is understandable why he is a threat to some if you look at it good.

Daiz my response to Fazeer's "wha's-all-dis-shit-about-Latapy-about" comment
It was all beautiful but this part struck the best note.
Latas come like our very own Obama... liked by most feared by some and respected by all... (except Fazeer)
No dirty agendas... no chips on his shoulders and no favoritism. If so Keon daniel and Birchall woulda start in front of Trent and Tinto.

lucky you didn't do like that ass Evan Thomas, the Newsweek editor and call Obama ... or Latapy in this case,  a "sort of God" ... how this comparison reach in here - don't know.
well acb in the english language when someone does something Super x 10 Extraordinary they are sometimes termed Godlike. Fact. 
Michael Phelps the American Swimmer was termed the swimming God after winning all those medals and Obama, an African American better known as a Black Man united AMERICA enough to win the White House. Latas on the other hand hasnt reached god-like status, not even in his playing ability but his coaching career is just starting. Lets see what that bloke can do.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2009, 01:22:35 PM »
Fazeer, yuh is ah asshole. I have never been so compelled to speak out against a piece of journalism. To speak about the biases that exist when you are biased yourself is mind-boggling.
If Maturana had the TNT outfit playing as they did in Tobago he would have been applauded as well. Russell remains the Magician why because with an ancient Team and a prehistoric back line we were able to give a respectable performance against the Team that is The Top Dog in The Entire Concacaf right now bar none. With Stick and Bones we went out there and though glaring mistakes on the field still left room for improvement I suspect if the score was 4-0 in favor of the Ticos that there would not be this ridiculous upheaval. The TnT back line is about 110 years old. Even in their old age their Experience shone through and they played Gladiator-like for at least 68-72 minutes. Inexperience on the part of our new and young Manager was made up for by the Heart and Soul with which the Team played which despite Beenhakker's Legacy is unmatached. Trinidad on Paper cant beat the Ticos. Its that simple MR Fazeer but it seems no one told the warriors they were the underdogs as they took the game to the Ticos and Time and Time again played football that would bring out the waggonist in anyone.
I don't agree with the part bolded...while we have never beaten Costa Rica WCQ, everytime they come here is not a sure easy win for them..Bertille drew with them in 2005..dwarika had them on edge in 2001 even tho we lose 2-0 and they score a special bullet to win in 1998 qualifying..is that kinda shit mentality you have about them being better than we is why USA and dem have we cutass reserve..

Fazeer Mohammed spoke the truth..I will take my cuss because alyuh just proving the man point..you ARE being hypocrites..

Maturana had the team look almost as if not as good against El Salvador away, Guatemala away and Guatemala at home...
in the case of El Salvador away and Guatemala at home we lost 2 points for the same reason we lost 3 points in Tobago, defensive lapses..yet Maturana is the dumbtist who shoulda never coach we..while Latas is the saviour for us playing with perceived "more intensity"

Nobody gave maturana credit for giving Hyland an extended run in the national team, but Latapy is the only coach who woulda give a youth like Tinto a run??? Da's not hypocritical?

Alyuh used to rel ben offa Mats tactics - why he take off Birchall  and bring on Glen?  why he leave Leon and Yorke on? Why he still playing akile?

Yet who criticised him vocifierously for playing Marvin Andrews? taking off the now beloved Tinto instead of the perceived ineffective Scotland? leaving on a tiring Yorke while removing Spann who had his best game in a T&T shirt while our captain fabulous faded out critically in a game yet again?

Latapy pick practically the same squad Maturana had before with the except that a couple men was suspended/injured and all of sudden latapy side make sense? REALLY? If tha's not hypocrisy what is it?

I not saying i din like what I saw in tobago, but I saw alot of things i din like get ignored by this board AND the media

I taking my cuss because the fans usually aren't objective, but the media are...

Fazeer may be a cynic, but he did not lie here...

No cuss to take I wont call you an asshole. This is just your first time but Fazeer has had way to many times to curb his enthusiasm for failure. He's like a Drama Queen. I'm almost certain that had he not written with such disregard for our troops, our precarious position (pre game day) and with the understanding that our new man at the helm  inherited  the present situation then he may have tempered his comments and criticize whilst promoting progression and sounding the trumpet of resilience as our troops go matching off into battle again. Instead what I got was" The British are coming!... burn everything!... all is lost.... Like a cackling hen. Not Good enough. Stop already.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2009, 02:21:36 PM »
No cuss to take I wont call you an asshole. This is just your first time but Fazeer has had way to many times to curb his enthusiasm for failure. He's like a Drama Queen. I'm almost certain that had he not written with such disregard for our troops, our precarious position (pre game day) and with the understanding that our new man at the helm  inherited  the present situation then he may have tempered his comments and criticize whilst promoting progression and sounding the trumpet of resilience as our troops go matching off into battle again. Instead what I got was" The British are coming!... burn everything!... all is lost.... Like a cackling hen. Not Good enough. Stop already.

I think your disdain for him clouded your vision.  Fazeer's criticisms of latapy was peripheral in this piece.  His main focus it seemed was the lack of journalistic integrity from all those who partook in the ovatures to Latas.

Mackie I know it happens at times, but it is usually preceeded by a positive achievement of some sort.  No matter how much improved fundamentals we had the game was lost and therefore journalists acting in their capacity as such should not have been caught up in the "awe" of our hero making our boys look better losing.  Fans without any professional duties or ethics to uphold can engage in that til the cows come home because that is what fans do.  There is no dispute as to whether the team looked improved in certain areas, however apart from any editorialists and opion piece writers he shouldn't be reciving ovations and applause from professional attendees to the press conference.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2009, 02:31:15 PM »
I do understand the journalistic aptitude that he is talking about.

I must say that after watching the game I too would have aplauded the teams manager here. Even in this lost it was obvious to all the drastic improvement in game play by this team.

Trinis must note that we will not win every game. I believe that is what everyone expects. If we did play Brazil we sudda win. Get some reality folks

Take de yampi out yuh eye. I understand the delimer we are in as a twin nation but. We just played de best CONCACAF Team and brought it to them. I believe if we continue to play just like that we could possible beat everyone else.

May not happen but ............... you win some and you loose some. Matura gone so dont blame Latapy for Mats mistakes.

I not on no ones band wagon I just calling it like ah see it.

Take dat and cook it
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2009, 02:43:11 PM »
Let fazeer haul he cudasmont!! it's way too early for dat!! give the new coach ah forkin chance!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2009, 02:48:47 PM »
rubbish is rubbish. any person with any form of ah footballing brain woulda c that  your cant make it pass 60 mins in  a game and that our defence was indeed  very poor when it came to picking up playas in d box
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2009, 03:12:35 PM »
I actually see nothing wrong with the article. I agree it was directed at fellow journalist
IMHO the team did play more collective and showed more organization and hustle in midfield. However, they lost concentration or it could  simply be fatigue due to not being accustom to the demands made on them to recover. In the end individual errors on both sides of the pitch cost T&T the game.

Lets see if it was a one of performance or the team can put it together again
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2009, 03:52:49 PM »
put allyuh finger on the point people

Maturana did not care about tnt...full stop... unprofessional...so you cant compare

BELIEVE

tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2009, 04:26:49 PM »
Fazeer, yuh is ah asshole. I have never been so compelled to speak out against a piece of journalism. To speak about the biases that exist when you are biased yourself is mind-boggling.
If Maturana had the TNT outfit playing as they did in Tobago he would have been applauded as well. Russell remains the Magician why because with an ancient Team and a prehistoric back line we were able to give a respectable performance against the Team that is The Top Dog in The Entire Concacaf right now bar none. With Stick and Bones we went out there and though glaring mistakes on the field still left room for improvement I suspect if the score was 4-0 in favor of the Ticos that there would not be this ridiculous upheaval. The TnT back line is about 110 years old. Even in their old age their Experience shone through and they played Gladiator-like for at least 68-72 minutes. Inexperience on the part of our new and young Manager was made up for by the Heart and Soul with which the Team played which despite Beenhakker's Legacy is unmatached. Trinidad on Paper cant beat the Ticos. Its that simple MR Fazeer but it seems no one told the warriors they were the underdogs as they took the game to the Ticos and Time and Time again played football that would bring out the waggonist in anyone.
I don't agree with the part bolded...while we have never beaten Costa Rica WCQ, everytime they come here is not a sure easy win for them..Bertille drew with them in 2005..dwarika had them on edge in 2001 even tho we lose 2-0 and they score a special bullet to win in 1998 qualifying..is that kinda shit mentality you have about them being better than we is why USA and dem have we cutass reserve..

Fazeer Mohammed spoke the truth..I will take my cuss because alyuh just proving the man point..you ARE being hypocrites..

Maturana had the team look almost as if not as good against El Salvador away, Guatemala away and Guatemala at home...
in the case of El Salvador away and Guatemala at home we lost 2 points for the same reason we lost 3 points in Tobago, defensive lapses..yet Maturana is the dumbtist who shoulda never coach we..while Latas is the saviour for us playing with perceived "more intensity"

Nobody gave maturana credit for giving Hyland an extended run in the national team, but Latapy is the only coach who woulda give a youth like Tinto a run??? Da's not hypocritical?

Alyuh used to rel ben offa Mats tactics - why he take off Birchall  and bring on Glen?  why he leave Leon and Yorke on? Why he still playing akile?

Yet who criticised him vocifierously for playing Marvin Andrews? taking off the now beloved Tinto instead of the perceived ineffective Scotland? leaving on a tiring Yorke while removing Spann who had his best game in a T&T shirt while our captain fabulous faded out critically in a game yet again?

Latapy pick practically the same squad Maturana had before with the except that a couple men was suspended/injured and all of sudden latapy side make sense? REALLY? If tha's not hypocrisy what is it?

I not saying i din like what I saw in tobago, but I saw alot of things i din like get ignored by this board AND the media

I taking my cuss because the fans usually aren't objective, but the media are...

Fazeer may be a cynic, but he did not lie here...

that is ah boss post Arazi..  :beermug:

I guess I will have to accept cuss from people on the forum, but while Fazeer's post does reek of cynicism... the man make a point of someone who has seen this dog and pony show before.
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2009, 06:52:57 PM »
He is on the SportsDesk now...

http://www.ctntworld.com/livestream/index.html

talking plenty truths but let we hear somthing positive nah man

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2009, 07:38:33 PM »
Let fazeer haul he cudasmont!! it's way too early for dat!! give the new coach ah forkin chance!!

When would be the right time?
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2009, 09:35:50 PM »
another rounds of applause at the press conference tonight? ...... save it for Ince.

In essence, this was as good an impression of the Cobo brand that you could replicate - tactics were shit, side selection was shit and we damn lucky that if Ince wasn't between the uprights, and Mexicans didn't throw away countless opportunities, we wouldve gotten a cool 8.

0-0-2 .... I know Latapy is better than this, but the results speak for themselves.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2009, 09:37:17 PM »
another rounds of applause at the press conference tonight? ...... save it for Ince.

In essence, this was as good an impression of the Cobo brand that you could replicate - tactics were shit, side selection was shit and we damn lucky that if Ince wasn't between the uprights, and Mexicans didn't throw away countless opportunities, we wouldve gotten a cool 8.

0-0-2 .... I know Latapy is better than this, but the results speak for themselves.

you sound like you ent know football at all nah.. i go chalk it down to emotion... we go talk tomorrow
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2009, 09:42:25 PM »

you sound like you ent know football at all nah.. i go chalk it down to emotion... we go talk tomorrow

dais 18 mins away
throw parties, not grenades.

1]; } ?>