March 29, 2024, 05:40:46 AM

Author Topic: What we really expecting?  (Read 2332 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
What we really expecting?
« on: June 10, 2009, 10:15:19 AM »
I was kinda under the radar these last few months for a lot of different reasons. I couldn't even follow the games the way I liked, I had to catch most of the games after the fact, with the exception of the Costa Rica one - and due to some "technical difficulties" I miss the first 25 minutes of that and all.

I liked what I saw (not the same defensive frailities) against the Ticos, but deep down inside, I was always a man say it would be hard for us to make the playoff this rounds, let alone qualify. Then again I did say the same thing before they bring in Beenie, and then I became one of the converted. However, I had a dream last night, and I is not a man does dream about football. We beat Mexico 2-1 in the Azteca. I can't tell you who score, what minute, but I know we come from behind to do it.

So do I believe it? Dreams are free I guess, but I ent getting tie up in this thing again... Let's say for argument sake, that I dream right and we beat Mexico. Hell. Lets say I dream wrong and we beat Mexico 10-0, what does that really change fellas?

I happy we went Germany. It mean men like Stern, Yorke, Latas, Avery and Shaka get they day in the sun after long and faithful service. Hard luck for the Big Dog, but he make he 100 caps now. It meant this nation had something to smile about for a long time in the midst of the darkness that surrounds us on a daily basis. It mean I get to wear a T&T shirt in another country and people could hail me out from halfway down the road without me having to explain what shirt it was.

It mean we all get we 15 seconds...

I will stand up right now and say, as a sincere Trinidad and Tobago football supporter, and as Trinidad and Tobago football fans we don't deserve to go another World Cup anytime soon. Not with the absolute madness that been going on in the last 3 years, the last 20 years and even the last 30 and likely to continue until AT LEAST 2014. I don't need to repeat the list. Everybody here who not playing blind deaf and dumb know what they are. They also know who responsible for it, and they know deep down inside of them who the biggest accomplices to the crimes are - We ourselves.

All man who was hapy when blacklist come through because they pardner and clients could get a bligh, all who just resign themselves to treating this as just entertainment, all who content themselves to not getting involved, those who spend their time dividing us all into die hards versus waggonist and those who sell out for free tickets, all who busy grinding their axes, all who happy like pappy because they Hero now supposedly calling the shots...
We are all guilty of the same damn shit on 365 different days.

Regardless of the reult of this match it won't change a thing in the big scheme of things. We may salvage our campaign unexpectedly. Or we might not. Hell, I for one doh believe a loss would necessarily make us that less of a probability for the fourth spot - we wasn't expecting anything from this match anyway. But at the end of the day it won't change a damn thing.

Good luck Soca Warriors. You will need it for what you're up against - and I'm not talking about Mexico.

ps: I sorry for the bitter vibes on the eve of a moment where we need to be positive. I might go back and delete this post sometime when I in a better frame of mind, but for the time being this is the only thing I could find to say. Just take this post for what it is - a rant. Thanks
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What we really expecting?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 10:18:46 AM »
Yeah boy Midnight...yuh bring ah kinda heavy spirit dey boy

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 10:19:49 AM »
Big up Midknight. Deep stuff.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 11:00:06 AM »
Midknight..you ain't ling...i have so much to say...but what the sense...iam a big time supporter of the soca warrior...win, lose or draw...other trini friend's of mine think iam nut...you could say iam running on HOPE  what else you could run on...change much come...

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 11:22:34 AM »
Welcome back man,.. long time itz been for real.. do hope all is well on ur end now for the better.. Bless
good read btw..

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 11:26:42 AM »
Midknight...Yuh real outta timing.

I am one of the more pessimistic/realistic fellas here but yuh coulda hold yuh post till tomorrow.

I might bash players and ting but I doh bring no negative vibes up to 3 days before the game and I will never put out no bad vibes on game day....is Prayers for our team.

Yuh have to at least believe the fellas have a chance.

Yuh mind might say one thing but yuh heart saying another.

Wait until the final whistle blow to vent...not game day.

Shit does happen...but Fluke does happen too.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Mackie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 11:33:46 AM »

I am one of the more pessimistic/realistic fellas here but yuh coulda hold yuh post till tomorrow.

I might bash players and ting but I doh bring no negative vibes up to 3 days before the game and I will never put out no bad vibes on game day....is Prayers for our team.

Touches u good yes , look you just give Midnight your opinion , so why he cant give his? The man free to vent , that is how he feeling... Midnight :dread , just support the team yes and forget the peripherals for now . HOPE.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 11:37:49 AM »
Doh frighten Mackie I go pray for Midknight too.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Mackie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 11:38:49 AM »
Doh frighten Mackie I go pray for Midknight too.
:beermug:

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 11:57:45 AM »
and people saying we gettin cutass...that just those people opinion...so let the guy vent...what the heart feel the mouth speak...let midknight say what he have to say...we just have to keep HOPE ALIVE...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 12:05:10 PM »

Touches yuh miss the whole boat bredder. the man wasn't talking about the game as much as he was addressing the state of our football which we clearly love wid ah passion. and i will have tuh concur!

the man was being real and to the point and i could defainately get with that!

from sept 2006 till now , there was nothing but disapointment and sabotage surrounding the game on the twin island rep and everyone here know what i mean, no need tuh elaborate.

what midnight was saying and i've been saying it all along , IF YUH FAIL TUH PREPARE PREPARE TUH FAIL!

everyone was busy preparing except us! we went from great to worst, in three yrs,  from ah 10 man draw with sweden tuh losing to greneda, and antigua barbuda.

jack played tyrant wid ppl's lives and the football, he did every thing in his power to sabotage the team instead of preparing to meet the challenge we now face.

only when tings went south did jack do the right thing for a change by lifting the black list totally, firing the dunce coach despite his continued faillur, and giving our new coach carteblanche to build a solid core of players.

this folks is too little too late, this should've been done sept 2006 instead of three yrs later! it would've worked even if it was done nov 2008, right after the degicel, but like always, it's never on time, and just like clock work it's always done too little too late.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 12:16:52 PM »
If Yuh fail to prepare - prepare to Fail- So true -hence the rookie coach made a monumental mistake in not playing a serious friendly before Costa Rica

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 12:19:49 PM »
in trute
WELCOME back Midknight

I expect the fellas who on de field to play to the best of their ability

GO WARRIORS
my game day tradition...pump up de VOLUME !!!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 12:32:19 PM by Werklmann »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 12:31:38 PM »
and people saying we gettin cutass...that just those people opinion...so let the guy vent...what the heart feel the mouth speak...let midknight say what he have to say...we just have to keep HOPE ALIVE...
It matters not if we win lose draw, make the WC in the top spot, 2nd spot, 3rd & 4th spot, the point is our preperation was intirely flawed and disorganized. we need to do way better!

and instead of all the internal strife that the special advisor does be involved in, we should've been working towards being giants in the region.

we need positive competant ppl doing their all for the cause, anything short of that becomes vain labor.

i could understand all the optimism if we did our ground work and fell short!  that kinda loss we could take and be optimistic, but total neglect?? that only leads to failur.

look how ppl wasn't so broken up about losing to costa rica, yuh know why? BC for the first time in 3 yrs we did the right thing! even if we loss, it didn't hurt so bad.                         positive.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 12:33:55 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 12:40:22 PM »
wait nah...I thought de game was 9;30 pm ??.. Is it MIDNIGHT ???

nah...very top class post Midnight....we will use this when we start "THE REVOLUTION"

STAY STRONG...I HEARING YOU LOUD AND CLEAR

BELIEVE
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 01:02:07 PM »
If Yuh fail to prepare - prepare to Fail- So true -hence the rookie coach made a monumental mistake in not playing a serious friendly before Costa Rica
Do you really think you know more football than latapy??

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 01:23:09 PM »

I understand what you saying Touches, but every time i feel to post this in the last six months, it does always feel like the wrong moment. Ah get that dream last night, and de sinking feeling only get worse when I wake up, when I should have been seeing it as a positive sign...

Dat is why I make this post: I ent even sure when next I will have internet access and idle time like I have this pm...first time i get to read the forum for two hours straight for the year or so it feels...
I understand what you saying though.

Trust me, is nuff prayers on my side for everybody involved today as well.

Thanks for saying one for me.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 01:24:20 PM »
  :shameon you::violin: :notlistening: :nailbiting: :duel: :nailbiting: :wavetowel:
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

1]; } ?>