April 24, 2024, 11:18:38 PM

Author Topic: T&T vs Mexico performance.  (Read 19539 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy get all the subs wrong
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2009, 10:10:36 PM »
we never score in the Azteca till now!!....

I may be wrong, but I think de strike squad had a draw in Mexico. Sumting like 1-1.

If that's so I stand corrected, but I was quoting the commentators who kept saying that.... ??? :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 10:11:18 PM »

I may be wrong, but I think de strike squad had a draw in Mexico. Sumting like 1-1.

If that's so I stand corrected, but I was quoting the commentators who kept saying that.... ??? :-\

What sh!t de two of allyuh talking?

Dat never happen
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2009, 10:13:17 PM »

The only 1-1 draw was in 2001 at QPO

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2009, 10:18:29 PM »
I was surprised Hyland didn't come on .

Jah Gol ah looking for yuh since Saturday to shake yuh hand...

T I N TO!!!... :applause: :applause:we never score in the Azteca till now!!....
He also making mih cuss Maturana and Jack (for keeping Maturana since after Bermuda) all over again....
I end up standing up in the stadium yes.
I'm seeing improvement. If even in spirit of the team.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2009, 10:27:03 PM »
I was surprised Hyland didn't come on .

Jah Gol ah looking for yuh since Saturday to shake yuh hand...

T I N TO!!!... :applause: :applause:we never score in the Azteca till now!!....
He also making mih cuss Maturana and Jack (for keeping Maturana since after Bermuda) all over again....
I end up standing up in the stadium yes.
I'm seeing improvement. If even in spirit of the team.

Boy doh say dat...improvement what dat will do to us with only 2 points after all this time  ::)...never mind these last 2 games was against historically tough opposition and WE FIGHT DEM!!!...FIGHT DEM!!...

Jah Gol I know you (and a good many of us) suffer over the last year to see that, so u see me I am still willing to give Latapy the benefit of the doubt...I'm not totally convinced yet (e.g. why oh why yuh take off Tinto on Saturday Latas??!!....or leave on Yorke for the full 90 :banginghead: :banginghead:), but ah willing to hold mih tongue until...

But he better play some warm up games between now and August AND we better doh lose to any of these teams AT HOME....and I'm saying it now we cutting Mexico arse here....dem only have Azteca to thanks that we didn't dismantle dem tonight..
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Mexico performance.
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2009, 10:31:32 PM »
de left side showed it ugly head again as makan hislop was clueless playing as the left back and keon daniel still refusing to play defense. tinto also left edwards gaping quite a few times as well. but hislop was the biggest lapse in our defense....imagine u playing wing back and standing around and keeping 2 players onside. then u ball watching and allow blanco to run past u to get a header at our goal. then the last 30 mins u jogging to mexican players who running at u with the ball....u roast on top of all of that! except for the nice ball daniel played into the box for Kj (im coming to him just now), daniel aint doing nothing offensively. he got a chance in the 2nd half where he dribbled the defender nicely and was on top of the 18 and looked clueless....like he was in a foreign place...instead of making an assertive move towards the goal...he eventually lost d dam ball.

Let me say this about our "big time striker" KJ! he has to be either dropped from the squad or definitely placed on d bench. he not fighting for the ball (i saw him win one ball from the mexican defenders...who by the way looked very uncomfortable when presured when ball at their feet), he walking around the field like im not moving until alyuh give me d ball on this blade of grass, he has no striker's intuition...plain and simple he is not a striker. we need to recall daryl roberts....or give someone a chance who willing to work his ass off up front...at least to provide that first line of defense.

having said all of that...i wasnt too disappointed in latas performance as coach. he rode ince tonite...that fella was d hero of d game tonite....and when he realised that mexico took their foot off the gas in the last 15 mins of the first half he switched the team from low pressure to high pressure....and it resulted in a well taken goal by hayden. i thought his subs were spot on...kj, noel and daniel. i already addressed KJ and daniel. noel had a ok game but too many times he is out of position. to the non footballer u see him running all over the field looking busy....but in reality he consistantly running cause he out of position. in fairness to him...many ah times he was covering for daniel...and he having to cover 2 spaces. i wud have liked to see colin samuel tonite...to at least run at the mexican defense. i also liked how latas didnt sit on his loins when it was 2-1 and say well let we make it respectable. he changed to a 4-4-2 and went looking for the goal...just that the players he brought didnt help his cause. abu bakr started off horribly but for a debut i thought he did pretty well...and dog finally showed his class tonite. ive said this before and i'll say it again....birchall is the heart and soul of this team...with his fight and determination. yorke needs to be taken off during the 2nd half because he is like a cone on that field for the last 30 mins of the game.

hopefully latas can find the answer before our next game cause one more loss and that's it for SA 2010! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2009, 10:40:13 PM »
de left side showed it ugly head again as makan hislop was clueless playing as the left back and keon daniel still refusing to play defense. tinto also left edwards gaping quite a few times as well. but hislop was the biggest lapse in our defense....imagine u playing wing back and standing around and keeping 2 players onside. then u ball watching and allow blanco to run past u to get a header at our goal. then the last 30 mins u jogging to mexican players who running at u with the ball....u roast on top of all of that! except for the nice ball daniel played into the box for Kj (im coming to him just now), daniel aint doing nothing offensively. he got a chance in the 2nd half where he dribbled the defender nicely and was on top of the 18 and looked clueless....like he was in a foreign place...instead of making an assertive move towards the goal...he eventually lost d dam ball.

Let me say this about our "big time striker" KJ! he has to be either dropped from the squad or definitely placed on d bench. he not fighting for the ball (i saw him win one ball from the mexican defenders...who by the way looked very uncomfortable when presured when ball at their feet), he walking around the field like im not moving until alyuh give me d ball on this blade of grass, he has no striker's intuition...plain and simple he is not a striker. we need to recall daryl roberts....or give someone a chance who willing to work his ass off up front...at least to provide that first line of defense.

having said all of that...i wasnt too disappointed in latas performance as coach. he rode ince tonite...that fella was d hero of d game tonite....and when he realised that mexico took their foot off the gas in the last 15 mins of the first half he switched the team from low pressure to high pressure....and it resulted in a well taken goal by hayden. i thought his subs were spot on...kj, noel and daniel. i already addressed KJ and daniel. noel had a ok game but too many times he is out of position. to the non footballer u see him running all over the field looking busy....but in reality he consistantly running cause he out of position. in fairness to him...many ah times he was covering for daniel...and he having to cover 2 spaces. i wud have liked to see colin samuel tonite...to at least run at the mexican defense. i also liked how latas didnt sit on his loins when it was 2-1 and say well let we make it respectable. he changed to a 4-4-2 and went looking for the goal...just that the players he brought didnt help his cause. abu bakr started off horribly but for a debut i thought he did pretty well...and dog finally showed his class tonite. ive said this before and i'll say it again....birchall is the heart and soul of this team...with his fight and determination. yorke needs to be taken off during the 2nd half because he is like a cone on that field for the last 30 mins of the game.

hopefully latas can find the answer before our next game cause one more loss and that's it for SA 2010! :beermug:

great post fordy. I agree with everything you said. Birchall showed why he needs to be on the team today(and i'm not one of his cheerleaders)- he helped in defense so much, he needs to be used as a defensive midfielder imho. Latas has 2 months now before the next game and great insights from 2 of the toughest games we might ever play, and he's done so much with barely any time before the Costa Rica game, I'm still positive he'll get them to play as they should and pick the very best team that can win matches, because the team already look so drastically improved from what it before since he's in charge.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2009, 11:00:44 PM »
Yuh playing two high stakes games against two formidable  teams and let meh here again how yuh getting yuh team up against Tobago United? Did KJ score against Tobago United?

Now I agree sometimes yuh have tuh  boost the teams' confidence and have them do a friendly against an opposing team that is less challenging. But look nah! call up Venezuela/ take on Jamaica/ take on Panama/ but lawd  Tobago United?

Break down preparation: Mental and Physical. I still think our physical conditioning is suspect. Look at the room we gave Blanco; That man looked like he was eating up all the players  around him which at times were  next to none. Big boy Edwards take some real beats tonight.

Bottom line our top players have to be better. Right now the intensity coming from the local based players seem to be above the foreign base players. If there is little change by the next  game we could kiss the jungle in SA goodbye.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2009, 11:11:47 PM »
goal highlights...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/reUjiZnBkMc&amp;hl" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/reUjiZnBkMc&amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 11:17:39 PM by E-man »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2009, 11:17:20 PM »
Maybe what we are seeing is the inexperience of a head coach. Knowing when to  change players, when to insert players who would best infuse some energy and change the tempo of the game.

Doh be fraid tuh pull Yorke off!!!!

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2009, 12:16:17 AM »
So once again is about who shoulda play. Somebody tell me about the performance, about playing 7000+ ft  above sea level, in the past we burn by the 1/2 time whistle. Leh we talk about holding Mexico to 2 goals at their place. Let's discuss the fact that for the remainder teams will most certainly not see us as walkovers, even the USA - thanks to Russell having us looking like a team worthy of Hex participation, and leave the monday morning quarter back thing for basketball and dem other sports.

Offline Trini/Aussie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2009, 12:21:11 AM »
 Our defense has been shown up again . Can anybody tell me why some of these guys get called up and Brent Sancho is  not? At least Sancho will give 150% NOT JUST BALL WATCH LIKE SOME...NUFF SAID.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2009, 12:34:42 AM »
I cannot believe some of these players play pro ball....

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2009, 12:51:12 AM »
Dog is not to play for Trini again...
gimme Keyeno and someone else...bring in Julius James since playin Bakr ahead of Thomas was no scene

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2009, 02:11:40 AM »
gimme Keyeno and someone else...bring in Julius James since playin Bakr ahead of Thomas was no scene

I have too agree with you , dog days are dunn!! he's too slow too drunk and lack reflexes!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2009, 02:20:04 AM »

mexico was banned from wc 90...strike squad din play dem..we never score in mexico

all things considered this was not a bad result..is the azteca..few teams go there and win..we got a fecnt result that keeprs alive in many ways..our goal difference for one..has not been suffered greatly..

now onto the game...

in the first 30 minutes - only clayton ince (mom) and carlos edwards seemed to be in the game for trinidad..then like tinto press start on his controller and start to try thing...
I's a man respect Tinto since his days at Malick but today he get rel ratings from me..not just cause of his goal, which i must say is a very well taken goal..the best we've scored in the hex..but because of his fight..

fazeer mohammed - the man who was so maligned on this board earlier pointed it out..he din give up..he never played as if he was beaten..at the time the actual score should have been 3 or 4-0 but tinto was still  taking his game to the mexicans..something we've missed from both youth and senior players in other games..namely USA..grenada in the digi...heart and soul that man play..and he deservedly got a goal..

it was through is play the rest of team started to get into the game..daniel wake up and play a dangerous ball which kenwyne really should have done better with...
duff (abu bakr) and dog start to win ballls in the back..we start to string some passes together and we started to play the game..
bakr even play the ball to daniel that set up that debacle that kenwyne couldn't get a touch to..

it's a tough game to judge latapy's tactics..bcuz it is mexico in the azteca...i agreed with spann coming on..but i thought baptiste shoulda come on instead of jorsling...and samuel for daniel...
daniel needs somebody to mentor him..he can be useful to us on the left..buh he just incomplete..

tinto eh reach as yet either eh..the mexicans proved this by shutting him down fairly easy in the second but..he will be a big player if the right club and coach pick him up and guide him...

my thoughts...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 02:53:55 AM by Arazi »

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2009, 02:51:32 AM »
Aguirre left with bitter taste after Tricolor win

“The people might be disappointed, but the players are even more disappointed. It’s killing them inside because they know we could have won by a greater score,” Aguirre expressed.

Aguirre finished by agreeing with the Mexican fans, saying again that the result should have been greater.

“This game was for a 5-1 score, and I hope that the Trinidadian press doesn’t misinterpret that. It should have been a bulk result and the fans are right to be mad.”

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2009, 04:39:36 AM »

The only 1-1 draw was in 2001 at QPO

I beg to differ. Trinidad has enjoyed more than one draw with Mexico. I'm pretty sure we had a draw once in Mexico. Do we have any history buffs here?

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2009, 04:43:59 AM »

“The people might be disappointed, but the players are even more disappointed. It’s killing them inside because they know we could have won by a greater score,” Aguirre expressed.

Aguirre finished by agreeing with the Mexican fans, saying again that the result should have been greater.

“This game was for a 5-1 score, and I hope that the Trinidadian press doesn’t misinterpret that. It should have been a bulk result and the fans are right to be mad.”

(continue)

Mexicans full of hot air. We have to fix those egos on the return leg.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2009, 05:34:47 AM »

(continue)

Mexicans full of hot air. We have to fix those egos on the return leg.

he is 100% spot on with those comments

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2009, 05:41:11 AM »
the whole article

Aguirre Left With Bitter Taste After Tricolor Win

Goal.com 4 hours, 1 minute ago

The Mexican national team finally seemed to catch a break as they beat Trinidad & Tobago at home by 2-1.

Although the performance was a dominant one Mexico was only able to win by the slightest margin. Javier Aguirre liked his team’s performance but he was still left with a bitter taste in his mouth.

“I liked the way the team won, the way they played, how they attacked and how they defended. But I did not like the result,” Aguirre said in a televised press conference.

The Mexicans only won by one goal but the margin could have been larger had they finished on their opportunities.

“The result is not a reflection on what happened inside the pitch,” admitted Aguirre. “Mexico made the plays, had the ball, and opened up the game. There was always two in green that were not being marked. The victory was not a bad one but the result sure was.”

“We were left with a bitter taste at the end,” added Aguirre.

El Tri’s performance was much better than the one they had against El Salvador. Although Mexico kept complete dominance, their errors again cost them a goal and that can’t happen again said Aguirre.

“We committed three or four errors without the ball, and one of those errors cost us a goal. We need to take care of those small details.”

Although Mexico won, they were not applauded at the end of the game. Aguirre was asked about the roaring boos that came at the end of the game.

Sylvestre Adame, Goal.com
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2009, 05:48:11 AM »
I was shocked not to see Colin Samuel.  I knew somebody vital was missing as a sub. Was he injured too?  :'(

ent samuel on a yellow cyard?  ???

latas probably didnt want to risk losin samuel for d elsalvador game  ???

Very good point Warrior queen. Daiz de only was to explain Samuel's absence
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2009, 06:14:02 AM »

I have too agree with you , dog days are dunn!! he's too slow too drunk and lack reflexes!

Wait... You's not de one who buff me up for questioning the man level only a few days ago??

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2009, 06:25:56 AM »
I think Latas made a lapse in judgement putting the inexperienced Abu Bakr on the field for such a big game and he shoulda put Spann on in the LB position because all their attacks started down the flanks and we needed that speed to counteract those attacks. Then Yorke again faded in the 2nd half and shoulda been substituted, so all in all the blame has to rest on the decisions made by the coach not just the players >:(

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2009, 06:31:00 AM »

Like most of your post Fordy....I actually think Keon Daniel didn't have such a bad game because Hislop was so far back it was creating problems because he had too much space to mark.  Now Hislop is one of my friends nephew, but jeezan ages he is too slow and it always out of position, why is he continually being selected?  He is not a wing back...coaches need to get that in their head man...steups.

KJ does absolutely nothing to warrant his premiership status.  When I watch Drogba play for I.C., I does see passion, heart and committment, Drogba does carry he team....KJ does nothing for us, I agree he needs to be dropped or something.  He reminds me of Yorke when he played for ManU and come back playing for we, doing nothing.  Drop he arse and bring something else, his committment to us is just not there.

By the way, I think Latas has to be commended for his courage to start some of those guys.  He adjusted his team to the opponent.  Abu Bakr did well for his debut on this level.  Clearly he was nervous to begin the game but he settled down and I thought didn't do too bad.

Arimian to meh heart

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2009, 06:37:34 AM »
Aguirre said it right, there was always two unmarked green shirts. I never understand our inability to mark opponents. The team did hold up a lot better but they got to learn to play for each other. There isn't any follow up on passes at all as still the players resorted to stand and wait for the ball. I am not any natural Footballer but I feel for professional footballers these fellas play like they still in the savannah when coming to understanding tactical awareness. Even when we use to play in the Savannah man use to make they lil run off the ball on the wing and we use to look good. ;D  

The players seem oblivious to basic play and running off the ball which is what I would think is something simple to get. Put yourself in spaces to help your teammate and play for each other. Obviouly this doesn't come easy to our players as team work is so appalling sometimes I am embarrassed to see the crazy ideas being implemented by them. That is why the boom kick becomes part and parcel at times.

That was the bad.

The good things I saw last night was that the guys paced themselves and didn't run into the ground, they held their own and didn't become too flustered by the occasion. You could tell that was intentional as everyone was really conserving energy last night. That was a good tactical ploy as we are known to be really feeling the thin air effect whenever we go to the azteca. I remember they having to rest players for days when they return to their clubs from the Azteca. Decent job by the technical staff. With some more time they will begin looking better.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 06:43:03 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2009, 06:53:12 AM »
I find it hard to rest blame with a few individuals. Ince was MOM, Tinto was the best out field player with his 30 seconds of brillinace, which says alot for the efforts of the other players!! The team play tata !! Yeah they paly at 8000 feet above ground and it hard to beat them in Azteca .......... We were lucky cause anytime Mexico had the ball they got a shot ....... they real throw away chances, we lucky the score made us look good , cause we weren`t. Thank goodness for Tinto!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2009, 07:30:58 AM »
Coaching a football team is difficult enough and coaching a National team is even more complicated. Jose Mourinho says that it takes about 6 months a put a team together, with players understanding exactly what the expectations are and to form partnerships. Now consider he is talking about working with a club team where you have the players everyday, 6 days a week. National team coaches have players on a very limited basis, two days, 4 days and if fortunate 10 days. Then they go off and fall into a different playing situation. National coaches are not in control of the players fitness levels, technical short comings etc. they rely on clubs to do the work in those departments.

Latapy needs time and unfortunately the decision to give him the post did not account for the time necessary to create change.
Already one can see a general change in the attitude of the players in how they approach the game. That being said anyone thinking that they would have observed a dramatic change in the squad's performance, simply due to the coaching change were/are seriously disillusioned. For now the best we can hope for is T&T winning the remaining home games and grabbing some points on the road. Everything else depends on the others.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2009, 07:40:04 AM »
Carenage Boy the strike squad never played Mexico.

Mexico were banned from that qualifying competition from fielding overage players in the olympic tournament.

You self...it was USA and Costa Rica that went..with TT 3rd and Guatemala and El Salvador in the group.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2009, 07:53:18 AM »
ppl who sayin daniel did bad is bein harsh on de fella most ah de time wen he hve de ball is two sometimes 3 mexicans around him n not one tnt player nearby tuh help him out, de left back n midfield left daniel isolated dey wasnt supportin de man, samething was happenin tuh tinto at times but he was more lucky tuh have carlos behind him de mid was not supportin dem man n dem enough
all dat is necessary is necessary

1]; } ?>