April 26, 2024, 05:34:10 PM

Author Topic: T&T vs Mexico performance.  (Read 19570 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Mexico performance.
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2009, 08:00:44 AM »
So how come "Ole man" Blanco was all over the field, taking lash, setting up all kinda string up, leff side, right side, middle, all about....he does live in Mexico and juss fly een for the MLS games, or he still able to contribute, because he playing football at a high level regularly...oh wait, MLS is not ah jokey level, ah forget.....buh juss maybe, it's also up to the individual..

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2009, 08:07:27 AM »
Mad Ras...not all the time daniel he had 3-4 men on him.

What was his successful pass completion percentage? If it was "to who" he was 100%....even the 2 bess ball he played into the area were not met by the TT fwds.

What was his successfull dribble percentage?....is level jam he collect.

How much shots he take to goal?

How much times he lose the ball?

Keon Daniel had no end product yesterday.

Also Dog ent do too bad yuh know...he slow yes but he put in some saving tackles. Hislop I was vex with but
wha we go do.

Birchall was good...he get in plenty small toe and shoulder that throw orf the Mexicans...if he had only compose himself for that bullet he try...net coulda shake.

But honestly, while TT kept it respectable at 2-1, we only get Tinto chance and we coulda get bout 6 had Ince not saved the day. I wouldnt say Mexico is shit and they ent play no brand...but we could beat them again down here, they not looking as good as before.  

Bring back Cyd and Avery, Run tinto on the left wing and put Carlos back as the right midfielder. We go beat people.

Oh lewwe hope and pray Stern John back heal....Stern taking we South Africa.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2009, 08:16:33 AM »
Congrats to Carlos, Tinto, Chris and Ince. You all played with a lot of heart.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2009, 08:17:12 AM »
ppl who sayin daniel did bad is bein harsh on de fella most ah de time wen he hve de ball is two sometimes 3 mexicans around him n not one tnt player nearby tuh help him out, de left back n midfield left daniel isolated dey wasnt supportin de man, samething was happenin tuh tinto at times but he was more lucky tuh have carlos behind him de mid was not supportin dem man n dem enough
Good point....most of the time when he attacked down the wing he had two players on him, and very little if any support.
Hislop was a killer in that defense. I remember seeing one play in particular when he was at least 5 yards behind the defensive line and kept the Mexico player onside. Luckily a combination of weak finishing and good anticipation by Ince prevented a second Mexican goal in the first half. He really had no clue what he was doing.
As for KJ, somebody mentioned that he should be dropped. I agree 100%. A bench at the minimum because I have not seen this man do anything worthwhile on the field. Little hustle, no creativity and a general lazy attitude.
The score did not reflect the game content like Aguirre said, but there are positives to take away
1. Brilliant goal by Tinto
2. Better result in years at high altitude in Azteca
3. Blatant display of players who should not play defense or are not ready at this level aka Hislop
4. Ince is a boss....both goals he could do nothing about and the score could have easily been 5 were it not for him
5. Latas...like what he is doing so far in a short time
well yes

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2009, 08:17:38 AM »
Bring back Cyd and Avery, Run tinto on the left wing and put Carlos back as the right midfielder. We go beat people.
I like how de right side looking as it is now. I want de coach to find a way to replicate it on de left.

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2009, 08:19:59 AM »

But honestly, while TT kept it respectable at 2-1, we only get Tinto chance and we coulda get bout 6 had Ince not saved the day. I wouldnt say Mexico is shit and they ent play no brand...but we could beat them again down here, they not looking as good as before.  

Mexico is definitely not as potent as in recent years....as the first half dragged on we started getting more into the game and as the defense got any pressure they seemed vulnerable. to be honest, Costa Rica and Honduras look like the most dangerous teams this rounds.
well yes

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2009, 08:21:12 AM »
At the end of the day, it was a battling performance from T&T and with a little luck, we would have walked away with a draw. Not a deserved draw, eh..but is football and results have nutten to do with fairness or run of play. At the end of the day, Mexico's finishing was wayward and Ince did a job...so if it wasn't for some inexperienced defending from Bakr, we could have walked away with a point. And is not every day Mexico scoring a goal like that 2nd one.

Ince: Best player for T&T. Did not appear to put a foot wrong all game and made some crucial saves. Could do nothing about the goals

Hislop: Bad start, then settled in the latter part of the first half. Faded badly in the 2nd half and was continually beat by a cross field ball and gave the right sided attacker of Mexico acres of room. To his credit he did cut out some crosses and made a couple good tackles in the box, but was beaten far too many times

Carlos: Good game overall, good fight, energy and full of running...but his distribution in the second half was borderline atrocious. Not a natural right back and a little too hesitant in his tackles.

Dog: Took some time to settle down. Played too flat with Bakr in the earlies but settled in the 2nd half. Still cannot distribute out the back (but found Keon in room a couple times in the 2nd half)

Bakr: Terrible start to the game, but he is young and inexperienced. His mistake played a big part in that 1st goal. Settled well and was decent after a shaky opening 30 minutes

Tinto: Great first half..needed to see the ball more. Great goal. Anonymous in the 2nd half. Needs to start. Future T&T game winner.

Daniel: Flashes of brilliance. Pretty decent game but after making a superb opportunity in the 2nd half, he stood up in the penalty book and had the ball taken off of him by a player he had long beaten. Faded after that.

Noel: Tireless workhorse. Touch on the ball let him down a little in the 1st half. Maybe a little bit of nerves. Will dominate many Concacaf midfields.

Yorke: Inconsistent. Very slow and methodical on the ball in the 1st half and lost the ball in good positions early on. Seemed out of the game in the 2nd, but then put in a very good shift in the last 20 minutes or so and seemed to find his legs again. Not a great overall game for the skip tho, but can't fault the effort.

Birchie: Great hustle, great heart. Kept it simple. Should have taken that ball down and had a shot right at the end. Tried it a few minutes before and ballooned it..so probably didn't have the confidence to try it again. technique let him down a ouple times when he had room to run with the ball...but we know this about Birchie and he played to his strengths. He and Trent must start every game.

KJ: Looked lethargic. Actually had one or two touches where he helped keep posession, but never  seemed to put in a token hustle. To be fair, as a lone striker, he needs much better service. After one run, he held his hamstring and you could see he was jogging with a limp. Clearly injured and looked like he should have been subbed early on.

subs:
Silvio: Didn't doo too much after coming in. Nice shot that went over showed his confidence. Hard to come into a game and contribute right away in the Azteca at high altitude. Wish he was on the field for carlos' free kick in the 2nd half.

Jorsling: Actually made me miss an injured, sub-par KJ as he could not get on the ball or lost it too easily. But had running in him, and didn't get much service. Looked nervous with his touches. Fair play for the effort.

Baptiste: Didn't have enough time to do anything and at that point T&T's posession consisted almost entirely of Carlos trying to find Tinto or Jorsling with poor balls down the right.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 08:24:30 AM by Filho »

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2009, 08:22:39 AM »
Mad Ras...not all the time daniel he had 3-4 men on him.

What was his successful pass completion percentage? If it was "to who" he was 100%....even the 2 bess ball he played into the area were not met by the TT fwds.

What was his successfull dribble percentage?....is level jam he collect.

How much shots he take to goal?

How much times he lose the ball?

Keon Daniel had no end product yesterday.

Also Dog ent do too bad yuh know...he slow yes but he put in some saving tackles. Hislop I was vex with but
wha we go do.

Birchall was good...he get in plenty small toe and shoulder that throw orf the Mexicans...if he had only compose himself for that bullet he try...net coulda shake.

whew .. finally, a man who watch the same game I see.

I dunno how people saying we ain't play bad.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2009, 08:25:46 AM »
At the end of the day, it was a battling performance from T&T and with a little luck, we would have walked away with a draw. Not a deserved draw, eh..but is football and results have nutten to do with fairness or run of play. At the end of the day, Mexico's finishing was wayward and Ince did a job...so if it wasn't for some inexperienced defending from Bakr, we could have walked away with a point. And is not every day Mexico scoring a goal like that 2nd one.

Ince: Best player for T&T. Did not appear to put a foot wrong all game and made some crucial saves. Could do nothing about the goals

Hislop: Bad start, then settled in the latter part of the first half. Faded badly in the 2nd half and was continually beat by a cross field ball and gave the right sided attacker of Mexico acres of room. To his credit he did cut out some crosses and made a couple good tackles in the box, but was beaten far too many times

Carlos: Good game overall, good fight, energy and full of running...but his distribution in the second half was borderline atrocious. Not a natural right back and a little too hesitant in his tackles.

Dog: Took some time to settle down. Played too flat with Bakr in the earlies but settled in the 2nd half. Still cannot distribute out the back (but found Keon in room a couple times in the 2nd half)

Bakr: Terrible start to the game, but he is young and inexperienced. His mistake played a big part in that 1st goal. Settled well and was decent after a shaky opening 30 minutes

Tinto: Great first half..needed to see the ball more. Great goal. Anonymous in the 2nd half. Needs to start. Future T&T game winner.

Daniel: Flashes of brilliance. Pretty decent game but after making a superb opportunity in the 2nd half, he stood up in the penalty book and had the ball taken off of him by a player he had long beaten. Faded after that.

Noel: Tireless workhorse. Touch on the ball let him down a little in the 1st half. Maybe a little bit of nerves. Will dominate many Concacaf midfields.

Yorke: Inconsistent. Very slow and methodical on the ball in the 1st half and lost the ball in good positions early on. Seemed out of the game in the 2nd, but then put in a very good shift in the last 20 minutes or so and seemed to find his legs again. Not a great overall game for the skip tho, but can't fault the effort.

Birchie: Great hustle, great heart. Kept it simple. Should have taken that ball down and had a shot right at the end. Tried it a few minutes before and ballooned it..so probably didn't have the confidence to try it again. technique let him down a ouple times when he had room to run with the ball...but we know this about Birchie and he played to his strengths. He and Trent must start every game.

KJ: Looked lethargic. Actually had one or two touches where he helped keep posession, but never  seemed to put in a token hustle. To be fair, as a lone striker, he needs much better service. After one run, he held his hamstring and you could see he was jogging with a limp. Clearly injured and looked like he should have been subbed early on.

subs:
Silvio: Didn't doo too much after coming in. Nice shot that went over showed his confidence. Hard to come into a game and contribute right away in the Azteca at high altitude. Wish he was on the field for carlos' free kick in the 2nd half.

Jorsling: Actually made me miss an injured, sub-par KJ as he could not get on the ball or lost it too easily. But had running in him, and didn't get much service. Looked nervous with his touches. Fair play for the effort.

Baptiste: Didn't have enough time to do anything and at that point T&T's posession consisted almost entirely of Carlos trying to find Tinto or Jorsling with poor balls down the right.

I could agree with this

Offline tsingh

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2009, 08:32:33 AM »
Let the cussing start ...

it really amazing that no-one yet from what i've read (apologies if i missed it in this thread) saying anything negative about Latas as coach!  

Latas will make a good coach someday ... but in this current position with this team ... them fellas go make any coach head hurt.  As someone said it's not easy coaching at this level and it aint easy playing at this level ... you think them fellas intentionally gone out there to do crap?  Anybody whoever play the game in any kind of competition knows how hard it is ... sometimes i think some of the comments are very harsh ... this may be one of them ... ultimately is the coaches responsibility to come up with the game plan and the players to do it ... at the end of the game it's his responsibility to bear ... win or loss!

Sometimes, as a coach on the sidelines you can't see everything as some of us who have a better view on screen and benefits of replays etc.

At the end of the day, i wish the team well ... but if we can't learn to stop trying to play prettyboy football and try make at least 3 to 4 passes without giving away the ball ... we ent have no business going WC.

Imagine we playing a crucial WC qualifier and no-one get any yellow card?  To me the only thing Latas bring in the last two days is a sort of pride back in them fellas ...

Saying that ... i will also offer a suggestion ... as you should never criticize without at least offering a solution ... we need an experienced coach to lead our guys ... also should be at least 2-3 years at the helm ... could be someone like Bruce Arena with Latas as assistant grooming to take over ... he consistenly had USA playing and winning in our region and most of those guys wasn't half as "skillful" as we fellas ... but at this level it ent about who push ball through man leg, round them, over they head as we like to see ... is about war on the field!  Friendship after!

Hopefully, we can recover and get to 4th place and a playoff ... Best wishes to Latas and the team!

Thas my 2cents ... Go easy on the cussin eh!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2009, 08:36:23 AM »

it really amazing that no-one yet from what i've read (apologies if i missed it in this thread) saying anything negative about Latas as coach! 

Latas will make a good coach someday ... but in this current position with this team ... them fellas go make any coach head hurt.  As someone said it's not easy coaching at this level and it aint easy playing at this level ... you think them fellas intentionally gone out there to do crap?  Anybody whoever play the game in any kind of competition knows how hard it is ... sometimes i think some of the comments are very harsh ... this may be one of them ... ultimately is the coaches responsibility to come up with the game plan and the players to do it ... at the end of the game it's his responsibility to bear ... win or loss!

Sometimes, as a coach on the sidelines you can't see everything as some of us who have a better view on screen and benefits of replays etc.

At the end of the day, i wish the team well ... but if we can't learn to stop trying to play prettyboy football and try make at least 3 to 4 passes without giving away the ball ... we ent have no business going WC.

Imagine we playing a crucial WC qualifier and no-one get any yellow card?  To me the only thing Latas bring in the last two days is a sort of pride back in them fellas ...

Saying that ... i will also offer a suggestion ... as you should never criticize without at least offering a solution ... we need an experienced coach to lead our guys ... also should be at least 2-3 years at the helm ... could be someone like Bruce Arena with Latas as assistant grooming to take over ... he consistenly had USA playing and winning in our region and most of those guys wasn't half as "skillful" as we fellas ... but at this level it ent about who push ball through man leg, round them, over they head as we like to see ... is about war on the field!  Friendship after!

Hopefully, we can recover and get to 4th place and a playoff ... Best wishes to Latas and the team!

Fazeer!?!!! ... is that you? .. LOL

check out the other thread, "Looking for a ride"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2009, 08:37:32 AM »
nah man tsingh... no cussing from me... decent contribution
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2009, 08:39:29 AM »

Latas will make a good coach someday ... but in this current position with this team ... them fellas go make any coach head hurt.  As someone said it's not easy coaching at this level and it aint easy playing at this level ... you think them fellas intentionally gone out there to do crap?  Anybody whoever play the game in any kind of competition knows how hard it is ... sometimes i think some of the comments are very harsh ... this may be one of them ... ultimately is the coaches responsibility to come up with the game plan and the players to do it ... at the end of the game it's his responsibility to bear ... win or loss!

Imagine we playing a crucial WC qualifier and no-one get any yellow card?  To me the only thing Latas bring in the last two days is a sort of pride back in them fellas ...

Saying that ... i will also offer a suggestion ... as you should never criticize without at least offering a solution ... we need an experienced coach to lead our guys ... also should be at least 2-3 years at the helm ... could be someone like Bruce Arena with Latas as assistant grooming to take over ... he consistenly had USA playing and winning in our region and most of those guys wasn't half as "skillful" as we fellas ... but at this level it ent about who push ball through man leg, round them, over they head as we like to see ... is about war on the field!  Friendship after!

abu bakr got a yellow card in the game last night. can you explain what was wrong with latas tactics last night? i agree with what u said about the players executing the game plan on the field, so having said that, tell me what u have a probelm with in terms of latas tactics?
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2009, 08:44:23 AM »
I was really hopin to see Hyland get a run in these two games.
I wonder if Latas was goin to start him before he had the family tragedy to deal with.
Hyland and Roberts are two men we absolutely need in our squad 11.

Offline tsingh

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2009, 08:46:16 AM »
Sorry ... i was quoting from what i saw on the game summary on Soccernet.com (live scores).  My apologies!  Will try to give my 2cents on what my view on the tactics is in a few minutes from what limited coaching i did ...

truetrini

« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2009, 08:55:37 AM »
Abu Bakr definitely is one for the future had a solid game, early jitters but settled very well.

Tinto was a force, the lad has skills and will grow in confidence, BETTER Forward than Jones and Scotland!

Carlos Edwards had a major shit game, whole game he left his man wide and unmarked leading to attack after attack down our right side of the field, I did notice that Hislop was doing the same thing, read the Mexican coach's remarks and see what I am talking about.  Carlos also gave the ball away too many times with absolutely no pressure on him..boom kick and ball back at the Mexicans' feet.

Birchall for all his hustle and bustle is nothing spectular but still needs to be on the field, saved us blushes and goals on at least 3 occasions.

Yorke is too non chalant on the ball and was stripped several times.  Is good for onl;y about 25 minutes of the game should start on the bench.

Ince was magnificent!

Dog had a very decent game.

Daniel needs to know what he is going to do with the ball BEFORE it reaches his feet, too much hesitation, he is improving in my estimation, but needs to be smarter football wise.  Whenever he had the ball I counted between 3 and 4 Mexican hustling him on several occasions.

Spann needs to concentrate a bit more, he flows in and out the game to frequently.

Corbeaux

« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2009, 09:07:47 AM »

Player Ratings: Mexico 2-1 Trinidad
Mexico scored early in each half but failed to do much of anything else positive in a 2-1 win over Trinidad. Goal.com's Joel Aceves rates the players from both sides.
Jun 11, 2009 3:04:13 AM
Cuauthemoc Blanco - Mexico-Trinidad and Tobago (Mexsport)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Cuauthemoc Blanco - Mexico-Trinidad and Tobago (Mexsport)
Related Links
Teams

* Mexico

Mexico

Perez – (5) El Conejo, aside from Tinto’s non-stop shot at goal, was rarely forced into action. 

Rojas – (7) El Kevin showed great improvement from his previous match perhaps because he seemed to have been prohibited to cross the ball. Still, Rojas was very active constantly linking up to the attack. Kevin rounded up his display with a GOLAZO that gave Mexico a very valuable three points.

Rodriguez – (5) A regular display from Maza Rodriguez who was rarely challenged by the Trinitarians. The PSV defender did well to filter passes from the back but came close to committing two costly mistakes which fortunately for him went unpunished.

Salcido – (5) Salcido’s once dangerous runs into attack seem to be a thing of the past.  The PSV defender was imprecise and benefited from a mediocre opponent.

Osorio – (5) The Stuttgart defender did not seem conformable when playing in center defense.  Given T&T’s lack of scoring opportunities Osorio did not have much to worry about.

Castro – (6) Took over the defensive midfield and did an overall good job containing the Trinidadians. 

Guardado – (4) Despite continuously beating his mark, failed to make the best of his chances. Allowed T&T to level the match with an awful back pass that set up Tinto.

Esquivel – (4) The Toluca midfielder proved to be too inexperienced, internationaly, to suit up for the Tricolor in a must win match at home. Esquivel was overcome by nerves and failed to show why he was one of the best players of the Claususra 09 season.

Blanco – (7) Showed his leadership skills with a very good work ethic. Blanco proved he still has what it takes to play a full 90 and was Mexico’s most consistent player. Failed to cap his performance with a goal but did well to fuel the Tricolor’s lackluster attack.

Castillo – (6) Set up Franco with a nice through pass to open the scoring. Unfortunately, a 35th minute injury forced Nery to abandon the field. A shame as he was beginning to look like he had regained his form.

Franco – (6) Scored on his first attempt at goal and then fizzled out. Guille, aside from one good pass to Blanco, spent too much time flopping on the ground. Proved why he is no longer needed at Villarreal.

Sabah – (4) The top Mexican scorer in the Clausura 09 season proved to be the worst striker in the Tricolor. Sabah, along with Ince, turned what should have been a lopsided score into a close match. This was Sabah’s moment to shine and he failed to live up to expectations.

Medina – (6) The speedy midfielder replaced Esquivel early in the second half giving Mexico a much needed boost in attack. El Venado seemed to ball-hog at times but was given very little option as Mexico’s attack was poor, could have done a better job shooting at goal.   

Giovani – (5) Gio had one good shot at goal and then that was it. Perhaps, twenty minutes in the field were not enough for him to get into rhythm.

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Ince – (8)  Kept T&T from being ran to the ground with two key saves against Nery and Franco and then denied Blanco a much-deserved goal allowing the Soca Warriors to level the match. In the second-half Ince rose to the occasion with two more brilliant saves against Blanco and Giovani.

Abu – (4) Abu allowed the nervous Esquivel to go by him on at least three occasions and was later forced to run circles by second-half sub Medina. Abu received the only yellow card of the match; ruining what could have been T&T’s most clean game ever at the Azteca stadium.

Andrews – (5) Was burned early in the match by Nery’s no-look pass to Franco. Still, Andrews managed to hold down a very shaky defensive line that would have crumbled to pieces had it not been for an on-fire Ince and a very inaccurate Mexican offense.

Hislop – (5) Had a difficult time with Franco and Sabah, benefiting the most from their inaccuracy, but did not allow the Tricolor strikers to take better aim.

Birchall – (5) Defended to the best of his abilities and still managed to join the attack on a few occasions including a memorable shot straight to the Azteca stadium rafters.

Tinto – (6) The always lurking Tinto took advantage of Guardado’s terrible back pass to level the match.

Daniel – (5) Failed to take command in the middle of the field.

Jones – (5) Far from his usual strong self; a better performance by Jones could have helped Trinidad pull out historic draw.

Noel – (4) Failed to contain Guardado who was not even having a good game. Coach Latappy could have easily replaced him with an orange practice cone and it would have not made much difference.

Yorke – (4) The former Manchester United striker is now a shadow of the player he once was. The time has come for “the smiling assassin” to hang up his boots.

Edwards – (4) Seemed to lack faith in himself and was not as dangerous with the ball as he should have been.

Jorsling – (5) Virtually nonexistent in more than half-hour of action.

Spann – (5) Replaced Noel in the 71st minute and did a better job. Gave the Tricolor a few fits with his scrappy field play.

Baptiste – (5) Was non-factor in final 12 minutes as Mexico held the ball for most of that time.
I can't help but partially agree with the yorke comment.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2009, 09:11:33 AM »
From reading some of these posts on different threads, I'm getting the impression that some people expected us to go in the Azteca and match Mexico stride for stride in a balanced game...If that was anything near to your expectation yuh need to come out of that hole yuh living in, learn yuh history and introduce yuhself to reality.  

This game always going to be one of long periods of backs & forwards, with T&T getting carved up a few times and Ince coming to the rescue.  We were the road team playing in one of the most difficult stadia to play in- Fuhget the ole talk about Mexico being a wounded squad- they are still a technically superior team to us, and add the high altitude, the must win pressure for them, and the home crowd behind them..... and the manner of the game was self-fulfling...

That said overall we did a decent job- the defense held some shape, the midfield was able to string the ball around at times, we scored a brilliant goal, and other than the 2 goals conceded, we limited most of Mexico's chances to half chances with the exception of 2 break aways...Some naive defending in the first minute put us in a tough hole and we reacted way way way beyond my expectation.

I'd like to see Hyland start to play a consistent role in the team- Also would like to see D. Roberts added to the set up. I think they bring good energy and individual creativity.  

Birchall to me must be on the field as much as possible.  

Yorke even in his old age brings a nice level of composure- I'd like to see him become a marginal player, but for now I still think his influence is very valuable.  

Stern's quality up front was missing as well- KJ looked to be carrying a knock or a strain...

Tinto did a good job- he's still raw and lacks experience- but his energy is admirable (notice too how he drops deep to defend, and defends with tenacity- boy looks like a player who is hungry to mantain his spot in in the team), and he took his chance like a veteran striker- wow...you would never guess that he was a newby in the Azteca the way he finished with authority on the stroke of half time.  

C. Edwards is a franchise player for us, but at RB I still think he's working out his own positional kinks...him & Tinto down the right wing though is a promising Combo.  

K. Daniel finally stepped up yesterday and added a direct element to his game- I still think his approach could rise a notch in terms of energy and purpose, but it was good to see him do something other than stop on the ball stroll and then spin & spin & spin aimlessly.  

We need to figure out the left back situation.    

All in all, I think this team can make a run for it down the stretch...A loss in Mexico & the U.S. could be chalked in before the campaign even starts- A tie in El Salvador is par for the course... so in reality it's 4 of the missed points so far that we need to recover...while getting some wins at home- difficult but not impossible
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 09:14:55 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2009, 09:39:22 AM »
Apart from Ince, Noel had the most consistent performance.  The best dispossessions of Mexican players came through noel.  At one point I was looking in amazement at how he forced the Mexican attack to go all the way back up to midfield after being on the edge of the box.  Daniel to me had a decent game and did make a few appearances in the defensive third of the field.  Birchall did exactly what we've come to expect from him and worked well to help the defense.  Carlos was beaten on his Flank a few times and showed that he isn't quite good enough for the RB task.  Hislop was awful to me.  Bakr grew more confident and steady as the game progressed and Dog was fairly decent tonight.  KJ seemed injured to me as he usually puts pressure on defenders trying to knock the ball around.  Tinto was good but benefited from Mexican defenders bungling the ball.  Can't take anything away from the goal though.  That was superb.

The scoreline looks far more credible than we deserve really.  I agree with Aguirre that it should have been 5-1.  If that kakahole say one negative word about Ince he should truly be banned.  One thing many here seem to have overlooked is our inability to pass and maintain possession.  Me and my friends started watching and counting how many passes our boys could string together and from the point we started TnT never strung more than 3 passes together.  Mexico on the other hand at one pont had about 17 passes strung together on a possesion before finally resulting in a positive offensive attempt.  Latapy is learning his craft as he goes along so I expect improvement.  I felt like he didn't use the right subs when necessary.  one KJ got his knock it was time to brin Kerry on imo.  Yorke should have been the one removed for Spann and Samuel should have come on for Daniel.

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2009, 09:41:47 AM »
All I have to say is...
Even though we really didn't play well, and we truly deserved 5 or 6 goals, IMO even our "classic" team of '05-'06 did not do as well overall as these guys did in Mexico, and the squad yesterday was a really young and makeshift squad. If I am not mistaken, that game in '05 was one of the worst Warrior performances I've ever seen, right next to the Guatemala game of that same campaign and the last two games played away at USA. But yesterday, if it wasn't for that early goal (which was wholly caused by the freshness of Bakr), we might have pulled off a historic result in Azteca, which is globally recognized as one of the toughest stadiums to play in. The Warriors are improving rapidly, and Coach Latapy is getting it right with the young players where Mats was getting it wrong, and I feel fortunate to see many stars in the making. Mark my words: if things continue to improve, Tinto, Hyland, Daniel, Birchall, Noel, and Edwards (and maybe Whitley, if he can get his head straight) will comprise the most feared middle third in CONCACAF by the time 2014 qualifiers come around (if only the defense could get it straight....).

Although I have almost accepted the fact that we will probably not see the Warriors in South Africa, I am looking forward to the near future where we will return to our rightful place as Caribbean Champions, we will be a favorite to win Gold Cup 2011, and where we will also be a favorite to go Brazil 2014, as long as Jack doesn't mess it up for everyone again. Only time will tell.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2009, 09:48:33 AM »
All I have to say is...
Even though we really didn't play well, and we truly deserved 5 or 6 goals, IMO even our "classic" team of '05-'06 did not do as well overall as these guys did in Mexico, and the squad yesterday was a really young and makeshift squad. If I am not mistaken, that game in '05 was one of the worst Warrior performances I've ever seen, right next to the Guatemala game of that same campaign and the last two games played away at USA. But yesterday, if it wasn't for that early goal (which was wholly caused by the freshness of Bakr), we might have pulled off a historic result in Azteca, which is globally recognized as one of the toughest stadiums to play in. The Warriors are improving rapidly, and Coach Latapy is getting it right with the young players where Mats was getting it wrong, and I feel fortunate to see many stars in the making. Mark my words: if things continue to improve, Tinto, Hyland, Daniel, Birchall, Noel, and Edwards (and maybe Whitley, if he can get his head straight) will comprise the most feared middle third in CONCACAF by the time 2014 qualifiers come around (if only the defense could get it straight....).

Although I have almost accepted the fact that we will probably not see the Warriors in South Africa, I am looking forward to the near future where we will return to our rightful place as Caribbean Champions, we will be a favorite to win Gold Cup 2011, and where we will also be a favorite to go Brazil 2014, as long as Jack doesn't mess it up for everyone again. Only time will tell.

So you want players in their mid 30's to again be in key positions?  Noel (will be 36/37) is my boy but I would hope by 2014 there is a younger, fresher and better option.  Guerra should be fully ready by then so I would gladly want him instead of Whitley by then.  Carlos (will be 35/36) might still have some pace to run down the flank but Tinto is the future for us there.  If anything and we have no true RB that ready yet maybe Carlos will be good for us there.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2009, 10:12:15 AM »
Latapy get all the subs wrong

I was happy he take orf Kenwyn...but Jorsling touch the ball twice in 40 min and lorse them both.

Spann get a lucky shot orf and lorse every ball after. Waste of a sub...shoulda never take off Noel.

Keon Daniel play two good ball into the area but other than that the amount of jam he collect they could start calling he smuckers. He also was passing the ball to he best friend "to who"

Trent Noel had a good game, but he lapse lil bit for the 2nd goal...but his workrate was good and he was closing space.

Whappen to Colin Samuel?....you score the game before and get no sweat.

ABu Bakr too shakey for my liking, Dog kinda redeem heself.

and if Bajanscout say anything bout Ince....ban he c**t from this website.

Ince was MOM

I was wondering the same thing...what happened to Colin Samuel. He should have been on in the second half for Tinto, he is more skillfull,stronger and more experienced.

Clayton was by far the best TnT player on the day.

Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2009, 10:16:27 AM »
All I have to say is...

So you want players in their mid 30's to again be in key positions?  Noel (will be 36/37) is my boy but I would hope by 2014 there is a younger, fresher and better option.  Guerra should be fully ready by then so I would gladly want him instead of Whitley by then.  Carlos (will be 35/36) might still have some pace to run down the flank but Tinto is the future for us there.  If anything and we have no true RB that ready yet maybe Carlos will be good for us there.

You're right Killa, I definitely forgot how old Noel is...Whitley will probably be around that same age too, now that I think about it. Only reason I called Whitley's name is b/c of his aggressiveness and leadership on the field- he doesn't shirk responsibility when it's needed, and he definitely doesn't take sh*t from anyone. As for Los- I agree, by that time he might be a permanent fixture @ right back, but who knows what can happen or who else may emerge? Only time will tell...

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2009, 10:24:02 AM »
Apart from Ince, Noel had the most consistent performance.  The best dispossessions of Mexican players came through noel.  At one point I was looking in amazement at how he forced the Mexican attack to go all the way back up to midfield after being on the edge of the box.  Daniel to me had a decent game and did make a few appearances in the defensive third of the field.  Birchall did exactly what we've come to expect from him and worked well to help the defense.  Carlos was beaten on his Flank a few times and showed that he isn't quite good enough for the RB task.  Hislop was awful to me.  Bakr grew more confident and steady as the game progressed and Dog was fairly decent tonight.  KJ seemed injured to me as he usually puts pressure on defenders trying to knock the ball around.  Tinto was good but benefited from Mexican defenders bungling the ball.  Can't take anything away from the goal though.  That was superb.

The scoreline looks far more credible than we deserve really.  I agree with Aguirre that it should have been 5-1.  If that kakahole say one negative word about Ince he should truly be banned.  One thing many here seem to have overlooked is our inability to pass and maintain possession.  Me and my friends started watching and counting how many passes our boys could string together and from the point we started TnT never strung more than 3 passes together.  Mexico on the other hand at one pont had about 17 passes strung together on a possesion before finally resulting in a positive offensive attempt.  Latapy is learning his craft as he goes along so I expect improvement.  I felt like he didn't use the right subs when necessary.  one KJ got his knock it was time to brin Kerry on imo.  Yorke should have been the one removed for Spann and Samuel should have come on for Daniel.

in the practice matches on PS3, it only take a few seconds to string some passes and move upfield. next time.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2009, 10:33:01 AM »
You're right Killa, I definitely forgot how old Noel is...Whitley will probably be around that same age too, now that I think about it. Only reason I called Whitley's name is b/c of his aggressiveness and leadership on the field- he doesn't shirk responsibility when it's needed, and he definitely doesn't take sh*t from anyone. As for Los- I agree, by that time he might be a permanent fixture @ right back, but who knows what can happen or who else may emerge? Only time will tell...

Well I think Guerra can be the same as Whitley but he does take the bolded a little over the edge.

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy get all the subs wrong
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2009, 10:48:19 AM »
we never score in the Azteca till now!!....

I may be wrong, but I think de strike squad had a draw in Mexico. Sumting like 1-1.

The strike squad didnt play mxico, Mexico was banned from all compititions them times for playing over aged players in ah youth tournament.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2009, 10:48:43 AM »
I agree with Kicker. Are we suprised we loss or that outfield players performances were ranging between average to poor. I doh like watching T&T-Mexico games played in Mexico. Simply because I always have a fair idea what the result will be before it even start. My main concern was how well we matched-up after the Costa Rica game, I was dissapponted because we lived up to my expectations, I was hoping fuh better, more confidence. This performance reminded me why the big three in CONCACAF expect to beat us, and rightly so as they usually do. Our defencies are pretty obivious and have been for many years...Bennie noticed them pretty quickly and altered our style of play to a format he was happier with. I have no opinion on how Lata's team should play but I do think he has more confidence in the ability and game mentality of our players than I do.

I guess we should put this result in perspective, normally when we go Mexico, we does get overrun and collect 3+....this time we get overrun and only loss by ah goal....we even score  :o . There are lots of ways to view this result; Chance lost as this Mexico team is crap but we also lucky as it woulda been serious licks if they weren't, We jus lucky that Ince was on song, We not as good as we hoped, Lata's is/isn't doing a good enough job etc. Regardless, my main view is.....we loss, the points gap has widened and that means the dream of SA 2010 is getting less and less likely.

I will support T&T to the end though win lose or draw. I actually want Lata's to see the campaign through regardless.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2009, 10:51:08 AM »
I would love to see this team play.   ;D

INCE

ABU                   HISLOP
          EDWARDS                                                       AVERY
                                            BIRCHALL
                           PELTIER                         HYLAND
       TINTO                                                                     DANIEL

GLENN

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

truetrini

« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2009, 10:52:48 AM »
I would love to see this team play.   ;D

INCE

ABU                   HISLOP
          EDWARDS                                                       AVERY
                                            BIRCHALL
                           PELTIER                         HYLAND
       TINTO                                                                     DANIEL

GLENN

Think about it...dat is a good team for the future.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2009, 10:54:43 AM »
Coaching a football team is difficult enough and coaching a National team is even more complicated. Jose Mourinho says that it takes about 6 months a put a team together, with players understanding exactly what the expectations are and to form partnerships. Now consider he is talking about working with a club team where you have the players everyday, 6 days a week. National team coaches have players on a very limited basis, two days, 4 days and if fortunate 10 days. Then they go off and fall into a different playing situation. National coaches are not in control of the players fitness levels, technical short comings etc. they rely on clubs to do the work in those departments.

Latapy needs time and unfortunately the decision to give him the post did not account for the time necessary to create change.
Already one can see a general change in the attitude of the players in how they approach the game. That being said anyone thinking that they would have observed a dramatic change in the squad's performance, simply due to the coaching change were/are seriously disillusioned. For now the best we can hope for is T&T winning the remaining home games and grabbing some points on the road. Everything else depends on the others.

Dis is balanced commentary.

1]; } ?>