April 20, 2024, 05:25:56 AM

Author Topic: T&T vs Mexico performance.  (Read 19516 times)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Re: T&T vs Mexico performance.
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2009, 11:01:14 AM »
Allyuh doh forget Ron La Forest scored in Mexico to it was an Olympic qualifier
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2009, 11:35:36 AM »
Aguirre left with bitter taste after Tricolor win

“The people might be disappointed, but the players are even more disappointed. It’s killing them inside because they know we could have won by a greater score,” Aguirre expressed.

Aguirre finished by agreeing with the Mexican fans, saying again that the result should have been greater.

“This game was for a 5-1 score, and I hope that the Trinidadian press doesn’t misinterpret that. It should have been a bulk result and the fans are right to be mad.”

(continue)

Mexicans full of hot air. We have to fix those egos on the return leg.

he is 100% spot on with those comments

Yep. I din need him to tell me dey had 2 free men in de middle of the park despite not being particularly dynamic through the middle. That observation was made in a post during the game.

It was a concern that was not addressed. The concession of space was designed with specific tactics in mind, but how effective is it when you concede space 10, 15, 20 yards outside the arc, have 2 green shirts operating numbers-up, and a possible 3rd trailing the play to unbalance .... all  while the defensive unit is completely dedicated to tracking the ball rather than being at leat partially attentive to the numbers-up players. In this respect, we appeared naive.

Another observation is one we've heard before, but not much following last night ... at what point do we recognize that the whistle has blown and that consequences flow right from the first whistle? Consider when both Mexican goals occurred.  

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2009, 11:47:37 AM »
Aguirre left with bitter taste after Tricolor win

“The people might be disappointed, but the players are even more disappointed. It’s killing them inside because they know we could have won by a greater score,” Aguirre expressed.

Aguirre finished by agreeing with the Mexican fans, saying again that the result should have been greater.

“This game was for a 5-1 score, and I hope that the Trinidadian press doesn’t misinterpret that. It should have been a bulk result and the fans are right to be mad.”

(continue)

Mexicans full of hot air. We have to fix those egos on the return leg.

he is 100% spot on with those comments

Yep. I din need him to tell me dey had 2 free men in de middle of the park despite not being particularly dynamic through the middle. That observation was made in a post during the game.

It was a concern that was not addressed. The concession of space was designed with specific tactics in mind, but how effective is it when you concede space 10, 15, 20 yards outside the arc, have 2 green shirts operating numbers-up, and a possible 3rd trailing the play to unbalance .... all  while the defensive unit is completely dedicated to tracking the ball rather than being at leat partially attentive to the numbers-up players. In this respect, we appeared naive.

Another observation is one we've heard before, but not much following last night ... at what point do we recognize that the whistle has blown and that consequences flow right from the first whistle? Consider when both Mexican goals occurred.  

good assement. our defence chooses to ball watch rather than focus on the players around them
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2009, 11:49:55 AM »
I hope you guys realize this is the first time that we were actually in the game at the 90th minute. Kudos to the squad for the effort. We showed heart tonight, but in reality, Mexico was technically far superior. This was always going to be an uphill struggle.

Shocked that Daniel actually has the pace and drive to get past his man. Welcome to international football!
If he just develops his understanding of the game and physical fitness, the sky is the limit for him. Latas should take him and Tinto on as his pet projects.

Our best option going forward is passing it to either of the wingers and just letting them dribble at the defense. We have to cut out trying to pass it around, we don't have the quality for that. We should just be more direct.

Surprised you all like Noel so much. Terrific work ethic but useless on the ball. He almost always loses it and puts us under pressure.

Carlos needs to play higher up.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2009, 11:53:33 AM »
Latapy get all the subs wrong

I was happy he take orf Kenwyn...but Jorsling touch the ball twice in 40 min and lorse them both.

Spann get a lucky shot orf and lorse every ball after. Waste of a sub...shoulda never take off Noel.

Keon Daniel play two good ball into the area but other than that the amount of jam he collect they could start calling he smuckers. He also was passing the ball to he best friend "to who"

Trent Noel had a good game, but he lapse lil bit for the 2nd goal...but his workrate was good and he was closing space.

Whappen to Colin Samuel?....you score the game before and get no sweat.

ABu Bakr too shakey for my liking, Dog kinda redeem heself.

and if Bajanscout say anything bout Ince....ban he c**t from this website.

Ince was MOM

Was this "The Touches Match Report" because it look like about the same effort Latas put forth with his Subs.

As per you of course.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline sHOTTA)

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2009, 12:02:18 PM »
Edwards didn't neglect his defensive duties against Mexico but it came at a price of him getting forward. We have players that can play upfront but limited on defensive ones. Mexico has alot of defensive options but lack a good man upfront like Borgetti(A natural goal scorer).

I was not impressed with Jones, he didn't do any defensive work in midfield and allowed Mexican defenders to walk out of their half unchallenged. That was depressing. Tinto, Ince, Birchall, Noel, Dog, Edwards all had good games and saved alot of face for the away team. I still think Mc Farlane is the man for us upfront. That Spann shot was suppose to go in and Birchall should of done better on the volley, he had all the time in the world.
Mexico scored a lucky second goal otherwise game was going to be a draw.

I was proud of the performance. At first it looked grim, scoring in the first minute? TNT didn't settle at all and Mexico was off to a flying start. It was clear our aim was a defensive one for this game because Latas knew Mexico would come at us.

Like before all we were missing was luck to get us the results we wanted. We are heading in a positive direction. We are not picking up points but alteast we are entertaining to watch once again.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2009, 12:24:53 PM »
After this Preparation for S/A the bulk of the team will have to come from the under20's. I am convinced that Maturana was preparing a team for Brazil  not S/A. Latapy must scot talent in the local leagues and college ballers in the UsA. Please let us thank those who took us to Germany and ask them to hang up their International boots.

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2009, 01:51:01 PM »
felt sorry for clayton ince . the entire team played like crap
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline tsingh

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2009, 02:17:42 PM »
Sorry Fordy for taking so long ... but since you asked ...

Given the situation ... i would have taken/tried the safe strategy and gone for a draw 0-0, i maybe would have tried to stay ultra defensive (everybody behind the ball) ... i know not good for the fans or players but ... it's the result i looking at.  Although (and to be honest i saw a little of the game on the net), Latas did look like he set the team up that way by holding just inside the 1/2 (from what little i saw) ... (i'd probably would have held on the line of the last 1/3, i did notice that guys was still trying to get forward, but when they did they end up exposing the spaces behind them.  I woulda gone with trying to frustrate them and hoof it forward every chance i get ... with that said ... probably wouldn't ah worked ... pressure does buss pipe they say ... 

Also, i must say that i may have also been anxious seeing that mexico going thru their fair share of ups and downs at the moment and look like they could get beat easier than mexican teams of old.

My concern is that at this stage results/points matter ... i remember playing for saints and we playing good ball and still getting licks ... at the end of the day all everyone really remember and count is the score.  we really need a man who you can count on to score ... not hoping one of the guys come through.

Maybe that's the strategy (draw) Latas went for but it aint work.  But to me them fellas need to think more defensive ... i personally find defending easier than attacking ... if i remember correctly and if you are the right "ford" ... you used to defend right?  So you know what ah trying to say!

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2009, 02:25:57 PM »
I would love to see this team play.   ;D

INCE

ABU                   HISLOP
          EDWARDS                                                       AVERY
                                            BIRCHALL
                           PELTIER                         HYLAND
       TINTO                                                                     DANIEL

GLENN

Think about it...dat is a good team for the future.

How far into the future allyuh talking about?  Tell me one good thing allyuh see in Makan Hislop to rate him one for the future?  There is absolutely no way he is better than Julius James...absolutely no fricken way....  The man go be ready in about 10 more guava seasons....steups.....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2009, 03:17:34 PM »

I'd like to see Hyland start to play a consistent role in the team- Also would like to see D. Roberts added to the set up. I think they bring good energy and individual creativity.  

Yorke even in his old age brings a nice level of composure- I'd like to see him become a marginal player, but for now I still think his influence is very valuable.  

Stern's quality up front was missing as well

Liked what you said here, men calling for the skipper head, i think we still need him to help with that back four and the midfield, settle them fellas down or else is even more boom kick ball coming out. Think he should he run back and take it off them fellas as much as possible. Literally run up to them defenders and take that ball.   I prefer it on his foot than Hislop, Dog etc.  hopefully we get more movement around him, man old but not many other options.

If you going lone striker target man, it has to be Stern.  Only man that could maybe handle that better is actually Dwight yes.  Being a lone striker real hard but when you  add in a bad 1st touch to the equation is mission impossible after that. If Kj injured then ride the bench.

I always liked Hyland , now i will add Tinto hoping he continue to develop. he seem confident in his ability.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2009, 03:33:56 PM »
We need to hear from Latapy. . .what are his thoughts on the team's performance
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2009, 03:51:53 PM »
Let the cussing start ...

it really amazing that no-one yet from what i've read (apologies if i missed it in this thread) saying anything negative about Latas as coach!  

Latas will make a good coach someday ... but in this current position with this team ... them fellas go make any coach head hurt.  As someone said it's not easy coaching at this level and it aint easy playing at this level ... you think them fellas intentionally gone out there to do crap?  Anybody whoever play the game in any kind of competition knows how hard it is ... sometimes i think some of the comments are very harsh ... this may be one of them ... ultimately is the coaches responsibility to come up with the game plan and the players to do it ... at the end of the game it's his responsibility to bear ... win or loss!

Sometimes, as a coach on the sidelines you can't see everything as some of us who have a better view on screen and benefits of replays etc.

At the end of the day, i wish the team well ... but if we can't learn to stop trying to play prettyboy football and try make at least 3 to 4 passes without giving away the ball ... we ent have no business going WC.

Imagine we playing a crucial WC qualifier and no-one get any yellow card?  To me the only thing Latas bring in the last two days is a sort of pride back in them fellas ...

Saying that ... i will also offer a suggestion ... as you should never criticize without at least offering a solution ... we need an experienced coach to lead our guys ... also should be at least 2-3 years at the helm ... could be someone like Bruce Arena with Latas as assistant grooming to take over ... he consistenly had USA playing and winning in our region and most of those guys wasn't half as "skillful" as we fellas ... but at this level it ent about who push ball through man leg, round them, over they head as we like to see ... is about war on the field!  Friendship after!

Hopefully, we can recover and get to 4th place and a playoff ... Best wishes to Latas and the team!

Thas my 2cents ... Go easy on the cussin eh!

abu bakr got a yellow card in the game last night. can you explain what was wrong with latas tactics last night? i agree with what u said about the players executing the game plan on the field, so having said that, tell me what u have a probelm with in terms of latas tactics?

Fordy there was a lot wrong with Latas tactic and sub decisions, but it's Latas and no one want to be singled out for criticizing Latas. If was Maturana or Wim who employ them tactics and mad ethose subs in the timing it was made the board would have been in uproar. Since is Latapy he could do whatever and he will get a bligh.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2009, 04:06:57 PM »
Fantastic game T&T and of course Kudos to the coach. This is very esalily the best result we have had at the azteca and probaly one of the better if not the best performance. I will single out the performance of Hislop and Bakr. Hislop becz I thought he was a lost cause and Bakr for rebounding so well after the earlier lapse in his first game at the azteca. although mexico dominated this was par the course. I shudder to think of the result had Maturana been in charge. We will qualify and the team will continue to grow into a respectable unit under Latapy. We dont need Arena as some fool suggested or anyone else for that matter at this point in time. I wonder if Beenie ever took us to mexico and if so what was the result? How did we look? Could we have gotten more?

Latapy will bring it home!!!

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2009, 04:23:35 PM »
The SW not ready for SA nuh! Dem guys really doh want this like how de country want it.  Especially dem men who does stand up and watch ball passing right in front dey eye and not going after it or fraid to tackle men because they would ruin dey pedicure.  Kenweyne has not showed up for none of these games thus far and probably needs to be benched for a whyile and let people who willing to fight for the ball and score at all cost take de pitch.  and doh talk about de defenders.  ah feel dey left dem in T'dad for  the last 2 games especially.  I aint see none on de pitch last night.
ah fed up yes!
Latas was needed long time, Jack played the arse and left Maturana too long as coach.  All now so we could have had a better chance under Latas.

steupssssssssssssss >:(

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2009, 04:31:28 PM »
Fantastic game T&T and of course Kudos to the coach. This is very esalily the best result we have had at the azteca and probaly one of the better if not the best performance. I will single out the performance of Hislop and Bakr. Hislop becz I thought he was a lost cause and Bakr for rebounding so well after the earlier lapse in his first game at the azteca. although mexico dominated this was par the course. I shudder to think of the result had Maturana been in charge. We will qualify and the team will continue to grow into a respectable unit under Latapy. We dont need Arena as some fool suggested or anyone else for that matter at this point in time. I wonder if Beenie ever took us to mexico and if so what was the result? How did we look? Could we have gotten more?

When Sub and I start to agree I does have to stop and think again :)

First of all after that debacle vs. CR, my expectations at the Azteca were limited. Performing at high altitude is always an uphill task.

Mexico has lost one WC qualifier at the Azteca in the last 30 years - because of the altitude. Only CR another high alt country can consistently give them a run for their money there. If Mexico concede four goals at home in the Hex, is plenty.

We had no Avery, Stern, Glenn, Sancho, Scotlan and Tallest (I coulda do without Tallest;-))

For the first 10 mnts it was Clayton Ince vs Mexico and he did a helluva job, his detractors should admit this.
He was also damn good vs CR.

I was impressed how the TT defense settled down for the rest of the half and managed some forays into the Mex box. I then realised that if the realities of high alt were no to kick in during the seond hlf, this game could look very different.

PPl should understand that KJ was up front by himself and being tripled teamed. He was always going to ketch ass but it did free up the other players. My only problem was they were feeding KJ balls on the ground, when they should have aimed it up, he was taller than the defenders and he would have had a chance to control and stab a shot or pass.

EVERYONE knew TT was going to ketch ass in the last 45 mnts but they sucked it up, if we had to lose at least it was to a helluva shot that would've beaten most keepers.

We defended as a TEAM did what we had to do to survive and forced the Mexicans to go wide. Yorke did a helluva job defensively. Daniel had his best game. We finally saw some of that flair that he is known for. It's important that players like him, Tinto, Noel etc show their wares, it takes pressure off the defense and can draw fouls. Also, we need some brilliance aside from Carlos and Latas.

We laid back in the second half because of an oxygen problem and nothing else. I would've liked to have seen more balls pumped to the subs but as said bfore, a helluva job defending as a team.

Sure Mex should hve scored more. We should've doen the same vs El Salv and CR, but this is football. We never should've drawn with Sweden, but hard defending and luck saw us through.

Because of geography and not becz of a mediocre Mex team, this will rank as one of the great TT performances right up there with our games vs Sweden and Eng. at the WC.

WC or no WC, I will be damn proud of what I saw on June 10.

Looking at Daniel, Bakr, Hyland, Tinto, Birchall, Baptieste, Noel etc, I can't wait to see what happens when these guys get better blooded.

WELL DONE TT, I AM PROUD!!!

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2009, 04:35:10 PM »
Latas was needed long time, Jack played the arse and left Maturana too long as coach.  All now so we could have had a better chance under Latas.

Yet

Maturana had 3 games in the Hex - 2 draws and a loss from 1 home match and 2 away matches

Latas has 3  2 games (thanx fuh de correction vb) in the Hex to date - 2 losses from 1 home match and 1 away match

2 points versus zero.

Yes de team playin better under Latas, but dumbtist goat maturana squad have more points.  How dat translate to havin a better chance under Latas?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:27:04 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2009, 04:40:36 PM »
Yet

Maturana had 3 games in the Hex - 2 draws and a loss from 1 home match and 2 away matches

Latas has 3 games in the Hex to date - 2 losses from 1 home match and 1 away match

2 points versus zero.

Yes de team playin better under Latas, but dumbtist goat maturana squad have more points.  How dat translate to havin a better chance under Latas?

A pig with lipstick will always look better to some.  Yeah the team moving better but we still losing so me eh understand why peeps think we would be anywhere different. 

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2009, 04:57:38 PM »

Yet

Latas has 3 games in the Hex to date - 2 losses from 1 home match and 1 away match

2 points versus zero.

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2009, 05:23:24 PM »

Yet

2 points versus zero.

The logic on this board never ceases to amaze me.
Under Latas we lost to CR, top team in the group and Mexico in the Azteca, historically the most difficult place to play. And you are comparing this with a scrambled draw against Honduras at home and a draw with El Salvador on the road.

Dude, under Maturana we looked clueless. Now we look like we have a clue, and this is the first step. I think if we have a consistent program under Latas for the next 4 years we will have a great chance to progress to the next WC.
Our campaigns are always so disjointed and warm up tournaments like the Gold Cup and Digicel Cup always seem liek a waste of time
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2009, 05:43:08 PM »

Yet

2 points versus zero.

Under Latas we lost to CR, top team in the group and Mexico in the Azteca, historically the most difficult place to play. And you are comparing this with a scrambled draw against Honduras at home and a draw with El Salvador on the road.

Dude, under Maturana we looked clueless. Now we look like we have a clue, and this is the first step. I think if we have a consistent program under Latas for the next 4 years we will have a great chance to progress to the next WC.
Our campaigns are always so disjointed and warm up tournaments like the Gold Cup and Digicel Cup always seem liek a waste of time

De same Mexico dat El Salvador now finish beatin?

De Mexico dat is probably de wuss Mexico side since 1973?

Dat Mexico team?

And lest we forget....it's been 8 years since we last lost to Costa Rica at home in WCQ.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Corbeaux

« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2009, 05:56:18 PM »
We have a good squad but dis is d problem
                   DF    Marvin Andrews    December 22, 1975 (1975-12-22) (age 33)
      DF    Avery John    June 18, 1975 (1975-06-18) (age 33)    
                          DF    Keyeno Thomas    December 29, 1977 (1977-12-29) (age 31)    
   DF    Dennis Lawrence    August 1, 1974 (1974-08-01) (age 34)    
            MF    Trent Noel    January 14, 1974 (1974-01-14) (age 35)
              Aurtis Whitley    May 1, 1977 (1977-05-01) (age 32)
                 MF    Dwight Yorke Captain    December 3, 1971 (1971-12-03) (age 37)
          Stern John
    30 October 1976 (1976-10-30) (age 32)

For our team to move foward, these players.....(with the exception of mabye thomas)   cannot play another match for Trinidad and Tobago.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:57:53 PM by Corbeaux »

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »

When Sub and I start to agree I does have to stop and think again :)

WELL DONE TT, I AM PROUD!!!
VB

At least now we know that only time you agree with me is when you are thinking ;D..I am proud of your candor. If I can cause you to think again let me say that I also agree with your last line. unlike some real idiots on this board you have realised long ago that Maturana should have been gone long ago. Some fools say this is the worst mexican team without realising that the other teams are just getting better to the point of matching mexico. Ah boy VB it hard to even try to answer some of these idiots at times.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2009, 06:30:46 PM »

Yet

2 points versus zero.

Dat Mexico team?

And lest we forget....it's been 8 years since we last lost to Costa Rica at home in WCQ.

Yes fellow.
The same Mexico side that still qualifying for the world cup next year and the same Costa Rica that is qualifying top of the group.
Those teams.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2009, 06:53:27 PM »

You talking like El Salvador beat Mexico in the Azteca. Come better than that

Dat Mexico team?

Talking about how bad Mexico is, is a joke, since is only one side of the equation. If this was the best T&T team you saw in a while, you might have a point. But as it is not...again, you hadda come better than that. Where were we in the Hex table compared to Mexico before the game. Where was the game played?

you talking like we does play WC qualifiers every year. tell me..when is the last time we beat CR in any kind of WC qualifier

and you maths is toots. Maturana had 2 points in 3 games. Latas has 0 points in 2 games. I see vb correck you and you still stubborn enough to still make the comparison. Until T&T play a 3rd game under Latas, it is too early to make that point. It has no merit anyway, but just to entertain the thought...if we beat El Salvador at home, Latas will do more in WCQ with far less preparation than Mats...so slow you row and wait for the 3rd game before trying to throw that out there
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 06:57:59 PM by Filho »

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2009, 06:56:12 PM »
i was happy when tinto scored wid dat beauty of a bullit because i was shouting shoot it tinto shoot it. low and behold he shot it, d rest is history.

i am happy wid dey performance. dey lost.

forgive me if i cynical dey pardner.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2009, 07:02:21 PM »
aye watch, noel is not ah playmaker, he is ah holding midfielder. yorke shoulda come off d bench to replace noel.

ball of confusion..................
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline riodano1510

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2009, 08:56:30 PM »
man talkn abt coming 4th and playin playoff game is not shitty baharain we gonna play actually by the look of it messi go be running at marvin andrews
The work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives and the dream shall never die.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2009, 09:42:05 PM »
All who saying how good we play either delusional or just don't know the game. We did absolutely nothing. One or two individual attempts (one was a defelection to Tinto that he took absolutely well), but nothing to talk about. NO link up with the forward, no combination play in midfield, no defensive presence, nothing. To say we play well is incredible. Had Ince played like the field players we would be singing something different. We were undersiege for long periods of time. We could not even clear the ball properly - most of our attempts falling to the Mexicans - and when we did we lost the ball in less than 4-5 passes.

The coach did not affect the game. Our formation remained unchanged, up until the end of the game when we were pressed back into our 18 yards box that the forwards  ??? had to drop to become the midfield leaving not forward line. The left side was undersiege and no apparent instructions on how to fix it was given. The subs never made and impact, they just exchange places with their weary peers.

I cannot see how people can say great job when we were absolutely a mess. Had that been JA or had the coach been Maturana or Corneal, the message baord would have been burnt to the hard drive. The score was not a bad one, but the game itself was an absolute nightmare for us.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2009, 10:03:40 PM »
Elan,
  We are not delusional. We are happy we did not get 8. That's why everybody saying our play improved. As hard as it was watching that "backs and forwards" game last night, It worse seeing TT get 8. I saw the last one when we got planassed in that same stadium and one of our guys get red carded to boot.                             

1]; } ?>