March 28, 2024, 07:46:58 PM

Author Topic: T&T vs Mexico performance.  (Read 19401 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Mexico performance.
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2009, 10:08:07 PM »
Palos...you are really the devil..forget advocate

if it was so simple big man
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2009, 10:26:58 PM »
Elan,
  We are not delusional. We are happy we did not get 8. That's why everybody saying our play improved. As hard as it was watching that "backs and forwards" game last night, It worse seeing TT get 8. I saw the last one when we got planassed in that same stadium and one of our guys get red carded to boot.                             

When you put it like that I understand.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2009, 02:35:58 AM »
Elan,
  We are not delusional. We are happy we did not get 8. That's why everybody saying our play improved. As hard as it was watching that "backs and forwards" game last night, It worse seeing TT get 8. I saw the last one when we got planassed in that same stadium and one of our guys get red carded to boot.                             

When you put it like that I understand.

lolol, planassed in the stadium--lmao.

Very dignified performance from our players. All heads should be held high.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2009, 07:36:43 AM »

Palos seeing he period about 15 months now
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2009, 07:45:59 AM »

Palos seeing he period about 15 months now

just now he go need to invest in a new one of these.....

;D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2009, 07:49:17 AM »
I would love to see this team play.   ;D

INCE

ABU                   HISLOP
          EDWARDS                                                       AVERY
                                            BIRCHALL
                           PELTIER                         HYLAND
       TINTO                                                                     DANIEL

GLENN

Think about it...dat is a good team for the future.

Ent de future is now?

truetrini

« Reply #126 on: June 12, 2009, 08:12:31 AM »
I would love to see this team play.   ;D

INCE

ABU                   HISLOP
          EDWARDS                                                       AVERY
                                            BIRCHALL
                           PELTIER                         HYLAND
       TINTO                                                                     DANIEL

GLENN

Think about it...dat is a good team for the future.

Ent de future is now?

future starting later today

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2009, 08:16:13 AM »
Yes, now plus a nanosecond.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 12, 2009, 09:59:28 AM »
Here is another team I would like to see play  ;D

Williams

ABU                         Keyno
                James                                                                   Avery

Birchall
                                         Hyland

Edwards                                                                  Tinto

Roberts           Glenn

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2009, 10:36:53 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/kJduc3F6hfc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/kJduc3F6hfc</a>
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »
Ince - solid game for us. Showed his experience and wasn't afraid to cuss Yorke when he wasn't pulling his weight. I thought he reacted slowly to the second goal, but it was so well struck I can't critisize him for not getting to it.

Abu Bakr - Men hard on him but I thought he was solid, especially given that this was his debut match. Sure he made a few mistakes including a bit of ball watching, but he tackled well, read the game well most of the time and with a bit more confidence could develop into a good defender.

Hislop - was too often out of position and he was playing catch up and recovery too often. He doesn't understand the offside trap and ball watches too much. His tackling wasn't bad though and he fought well in a position he probably never played before at a meaningful level.

Andrews - for a man of his experience he looked exactly like the debutant most of the time. Like most of the other defenders we've used he's often guilty of ball watching when he should be marking or at least looking to close off a passing lane. He seemed to be a calming foil for Ince's remonstrations and put in a decent, if not spectacular shift.

Edwards - continues to show why he is our best player at the moment. Worked hard as usual, tackled well and generally made it difficult for the Mexicans on our right flank.

Yorke - was slow, but steady and generally covered the back 4 well. When he ran out of gas though he probably should have been subbed out, but that's not his call to make.

Birchall - was his usual steady self. Still a bit prone to the error under pressure, but he's keeping the game simple and playing within his limitations.

Noel - had a strong game. Defended well, wasn't afraid to put a little muscle into some challenges with a few Mexicans and looked like he had a bit more gas in the tank when he came off. Needs a bit more polish in his attacking game, but overall put in a good shift.

Daniel - I'm not a fan, but for a change I think he had a good game for us. It was the first time I saw him put in that much work defensively and a lot of the time when he had the ball he was able to play for a throw to retain position. Not bad considering it was often 1 vs 3 or 4. Put in a couple good crosses and if I had anything critical to say is that he probably can try to set up a few more like that.

Tinto - another one who lacks international polish, but he's fearless and skillful. Not a bad striker of the ball either and with a more active striker working with him he can probably develop into a serious threat. He took his chance well and set it up well by recognising the pressure on the ball and stepping into the passing lane. He'd proven it was no fluke by doing it a couple other times before in the half. Disappeared in the second half, but probably will improve on that with experience.

Jones - doesn't seem to be moving around freely. Could have been more aggressive on the cross ball from Daniel and even in the CR game seemed tentative to go into 50/50s with the keeper (a remnant from the England match?). Needs to up his work rate to be more effective for the team.

Jorsling - was out of his depth. Didn't know how to retain possession. Not much else to say about him.

Spann - didn't have a good first touch and might have been more composed with his shot that went overbars. Worked hard, but didn't have much impact either way on the field.

Baptiste - also didn't have much impact either way.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2009, 02:22:47 PM »
Ince - solid game for us. Showed his experience and wasn't afraid to cuss Yorke when he wasn't pulling his weight. I thought he reacted slowly to the second goal, but it was so well struck I can't critisize him for not getting to it.

Abu Bakr - Men hard on him but I thought he was solid, especially given that this was his debut match. Sure he made a few mistakes including a bit of ball watching, but he tackled well, read the game well most of the time and with a bit more confidence could develop into a good defender.

Hislop - was too often out of position and he was playing catch up and recovery too often. He doesn't understand the offside trap and ball watches too much. His tackling wasn't bad though and he fought well in a position he probably never played before at a meaningful level.

Andrews - for a man of his experience he looked exactly like the debutant most of the time. Like most of the other defenders we've used he's often guilty of ball watching when he should be marking or at least looking to close off a passing lane. He seemed to be a calming foil for Ince's remonstrations and put in a decent, if not spectacular shift.

Edwards - continues to show why he is our best player at the moment. Worked hard as usual, tackled well and generally made it difficult for the Mexicans on our right flank.

Yorke - was slow, but steady and generally covered the back 4 well. When he ran out of gas though he probably should have been subbed out, but that's not his call to make.

Birchall - was his usual steady self. Still a bit prone to the error under pressure, but he's keeping the game simple and playing within his limitations.

Noel - had a strong game. Defended well, wasn't afraid to put a little muscle into some challenges with a few Mexicans and looked like he had a bit more gas in the tank when he came off. Needs a bit more polish in his attacking game, but overall put in a good shift.

Daniel - . Not bad considering it was often 1 vs 3 or 4. Put in a couple good crosses and if I had anything critical to say is that he I'm not a fan, but for a change I think he had a good game for us. It was the first time I saw him put in that much work defensively and a lot of the time when he had the ball he was able to play for a throw to retain positionprobably can try to set up a few more like that.

Tinto - another one who lacks international polish, but he's fearless and skillful. Not a bad striker of the ball either and with a more active striker working with him he can probably develop into a serious threat. He took his chance well and set it up well by recognising the pressure on the ball and stepping into the passing lane. He'd proven it was no fluke by doing it a couple other times before in the half. Disappeared in the second half, but probably will improve on that with experience.

Jones - doesn't seem to be moving around freely. Could have been more aggressive on the cross ball from Daniel and even in the CR game seemed tentative to go into 50/50s with the keeper (a remnant from the England match?). Needs to up his work rate to be more effective for the team.

Jorsling - was out of his depth. Didn't know how to retain possession. Not much else to say about him.

Spann - didn't have a good first touch and might have been more composed with his shot that went overbars. Worked hard, but didn't have much impact either way on the field.

Baptiste - also didn't have much impact either way.

Excellent assessment in its entirety. If Russel could just move Daniel out of small-goal mode I believe he can be an asset to the team. He had a bad game by international standards but it is the best I have ever seen him play. i am hopeful we could still make something out of him.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2009, 02:24:58 PM »
Excellent analysis they boy Gordo...

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2009, 02:26:08 PM »
Good post wolfy...I agree with your assessment give or take but we def watched the same game..

About Abu I would say he looked very naive on the first goal, and that first impression is what tainted the perception of his overall game...I agree he settled down and actually played well overall.  
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2009, 03:40:54 PM »
Let the cussing start ...

it really amazing that no-one yet from what i've read (apologies if i missed it in this thread) saying anything negative about Latas as coach!  

Latas will make a good coach someday ... but in this current position with this team ... them fellas go make any coach head hurt.  As someone said it's not easy coaching at this level and it aint easy playing at this level ... you think them fellas intentionally gone out there to do crap?  Anybody whoever play the game in any kind of competition knows how hard it is ... sometimes i think some of the comments are very harsh ... this may be one of them ... ultimately is the coaches responsibility to come up with the game plan and the players to do it ... at the end of the game it's his responsibility to bear ... win or loss!

Sometimes, as a coach on the sidelines you can't see everything as some of us who have a better view on screen and benefits of replays etc.

At the end of the day, i wish the team well ... but if we can't learn to stop trying to play prettyboy football and try make at least 3 to 4 passes without giving away the ball ... we ent have no business going WC.

Imagine we playing a crucial WC qualifier and no-one get any yellow card?  To me the only thing Latas bring in the last two days is a sort of pride back in them fellas ...

Saying that ... i will also offer a suggestion ... as you should never criticize without at least offering a solution ... we need an experienced coach to lead our guys ... also should be at least 2-3 years at the helm ... could be someone like Bruce Arena with Latas as assistant grooming to take over ... he consistenly had USA playing and winning in our region and most of those guys wasn't half as "skillful" as we fellas ... but at this level it ent about who push ball through man leg, round them, over they head as we like to see ... is about war on the field!  Friendship after!

Hopefully, we can recover and get to 4th place and a playoff ... Best wishes to Latas and the team!

Thas my 2cents ... Go easy on the cussin eh!

I AGREE...CAUSE FOOTBALL PLAY IN TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO IS SO DIFFERENT THAN IN OTHER PART OF THE WORLD (IT SEEM).....YOU HAVE TO WONDER...EVERY TIME SOCAWARRIOR PLAY...I CHECK EVERY PASS THEY MAKE...ITS AH SHAME WENT YOU CHECK ON UR FINGER IT DOESN'T PASS TWO MOST OF TIME....THEIR IS SO MUCH TO SAY ABOUT T&T FOOTBALL...IT DOESN'T WORTH IT...ALL WE COULD REALLY DO AS A FAN'S IS HOPE FOR THE BEST AND REAL CHANGE...BOTTOM LINE
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 07:30:40 AM by Flex »

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2009, 04:09:45 PM »
I AGREE...CAUSE FOOTBALL PLAY IN TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO IS SO DIFFERENT THAN IN OTHER PART OF THE WORLD (IT SEEM).....YOU HAVE TO WONDER...EVERY TIME SOCAWARRIOR PLAY...I CHECK EVERY PASS THEY MAKE...ITS AH SHAME WENT YOU CHECK ON UR FINGER IT DOESN'T PASS TWO MOST OF TIME....THEIR IS SO MUCH TO SAY ABOUT T&T FOOTBALL...IT DOESN'T WORTH IT...ALL WE COULD REALLY DO AS A FAN'S IS HOPE FOR THE BEST AND REAL CHANGE...BOTTOM LINE

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2009, 04:10:14 PM »
Abu Bakr got a yellow card in the sec. hlf.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 12, 2009, 04:11:08 PM »

you coulda just edit the original post boss.

Vb

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 12, 2009, 04:15:19 PM »
Then men on the radio getting jones on Jones. They say he need a rest, that a one foot man coulda score that goal he miss.

Yorke need a rest, they say make him assistant so he could wear a blazer too. He and Latapy will be invincible.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 12, 2009, 04:33:10 PM »
What kinda ass would say we doh need DY right now.

VB

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 12, 2009, 04:55:02 PM »
What kinda ass would say we doh need DY right now.

VB
call names
ah go  :whistling:
 :D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #141 on: June 12, 2009, 05:05:09 PM »
some of alyuh posters gettin orn like a person who boil a pot of white rice, put orn a pair of brown shades and eating it and bawling the pelau tasting good.

Touches

1]; } ?>