April 28, 2024, 09:34:55 PM

Author Topic: Yorke is untouchable and therefore apparently unsubable  (Read 13827 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke is untouchable and therefore apparently unsubable
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2009, 01:06:23 PM »
For all those who talking about subbing Dwight and is ah fren' ting...it eh have nobody right now on the side that can replace his ability to influence teammates. I telling allyuh now that after watching that game last night,we was good for about 4-5. While it's true that the man getting old, just the mere presence of the man on the pitch brings a sort of level headness to our approach. As men before mention, the man is the gel of the team. We hadda look at the facts, we don't have anyone anywhere close to Dwight to command the team. All men talking bout is how he bun and he eh do this and he eh do that. The man put in a real good shift given all the shortcomings, albeit his age, playing in the Azteca, lack of match fitness etc. A true captain is one who can motivate on and off the ball. Think bout it, even if Latas was thinking bout taking off Yorkie, that early goal did not give him the option. D man is a leader and a motivator. We not on the field. We cyah hear what he does be telling other men around him but i sure he does real be encouraging men with advice. Remember the shoulder barge he hit the el salvadorian? All dem ting is motivation for men to fight. It would have situations where subbing him would be absolutely necessary...last night wasn't one of them.

I have to agree with this post- plus I think he played ok against Mexico.  I would love to see someone step up and take his position from him...currently though I'm not seeing it.  I not even on the field and I'z be 20 times calmer when the ball is at Yorke's feet.

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2009, 01:17:16 PM »
For all those who talking about subbing Dwight and is ah fren' ting...it eh have nobody right now on the side that can replace his ability to influence teammates. I telling allyuh now that after watching that game last night,we was good for about 4-5. While it's true that the man getting old, just the mere presence of the man on the pitch brings a sort of level headness to our approach. As men before mention, the man is the gel of the team. We hadda look at the facts, we don't have anyone anywhere close to Dwight to command the team. All men talking bout is how he bun and he eh do this and he eh do that. The man put in a real good shift given all the shortcomings, albeit his age, playing in the Azteca, lack of match fitness etc. A true captain is one who can motivate on and off the ball. Think bout it, even if Latas was thinking bout taking off Yorkie, that early goal did not give him the option. D man is a leader and a motivator. We not on the field. We cyah hear what he does be telling other men around him but i sure he does real be encouraging men with advice. Remember the shoulder barge he hit the el salvadorian? All dem ting is motivation for men to fight. It would have situations where subbing him would be absolutely necessary...last night wasn't one of them.

I have to agree with this post- plus I think he played ok against Mexico.  I would love to see someone step up and take his position from him...currently though I'm not seeing it.  I not even on the field and I'z be 20 times calmer when the ball is at Yorke's feet.

I don't understand how Yorke is the only calm, influencial and creative player on the team. If he is the only player who can do these things, even after he's clearly tired then we don't deserve to qualify for the WC. I don't think you'd find too many men on this site who had a problem with the game Yorke played until he got tired. After that you have to have the guts to take him out and as was said earlier in the thread give youth a chance. How would we ever know who else can do the job if no one else never gets the chance?

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2009, 01:26:09 PM »
If is anybody to bring on for Yorke, it would have to be Theobald. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2009, 01:35:23 PM »
I would love to see someone step up and take his position from him...currently though I'm not seeing it.  I not even on the field and I'z be 20 times calmer when the ball is at Yorke's feet.

What part of unsubable yuh doh understand?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2009, 01:45:47 PM »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2009, 01:59:51 PM »
I would love to see someone step up and take his position from him...currently though I'm not seeing it.  I not even on the field and I'z be 20 times calmer when the ball is at Yorke's feet.

First off I eh even know if unsubable is a word so if I doh understand it iz not my fault  ;D (doh study me, my heart real dark)

Seriously though- I hear what you're saying- you're saying that he's not fit, and when he's tired he should be replaced.  I agree in principle- The argument being made to the contrary is that a tired Yorke in the last 20 mins of a game is better than a fresh "Mr X" whoever that is in that same space of time because of the intangibles that Yorke brings to the field of play....and that is what I was commenting on... Like I say, I'd love to see someone step up and take his position (either as a sub and offer a seamless transition, or better yet as a starter if yuh ask me)... But when I watch how alot of our fellas iz easily cough up the ball under little pressure (Add to the fact that Yorke does alot of his ball handling in a deep lying, very dangerous position), I question which players could instill that level confidence whether fresh or bun....

Who on the bench do you propose replace Yorke in the 75 min (or whenever)?

p.s. Yorke is not the first player I see run a 90 mins while showing signs of being tired, hurt, or just having a terrible game- so iz not just Latas, and it may not necessarily be a "fren ting" either...coaches have their reasons for persisting with certain players

If he is the only player who can do these things, even after he's clearly tired then we don't deserve to qualify for the WC.

Good food for some serious thought right there
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 02:05:33 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2009, 02:52:18 PM »

First off I eh even know if unsubable is a word so if I doh understand it iz not my fault  ;D (doh study me, my heart real dark)

Seriously though- I hear what you're saying- you're saying that he's not fit, and when he's tired he should be replaced.  I agree in principle- The argument being made to the contrary is that a tired Yorke in the last 20 mins of a game is better than a fresh "Mr X" whoever that is in that same space of time because of the intangibles that Yorke brings to the field of play....and that is what I was commenting on... Like I say, I'd love to see someone step up and take his position (either as a sub and offer a seamless transition, or better yet as a starter if yuh ask me)... But when I watch how alot of our fellas iz easily cough up the ball under little pressure (Add to the fact that Yorke does alot of his ball handling in a deep lying, very dangerous position), I question which players could instill that level confidence whether fresh or bun....

Who on the bench do you propose replace Yorke in the 75 min (or whenever)?

p.s. Yorke is not the first player I see run a 90 mins while showing signs of being tired, hurt, or just having a terrible game- so iz not just Latas, and it may not necessarily be a "fren ting" either...coaches have their reasons for persisting with certain players

If he is the only player who can do these things, even after he's clearly tired then we don't deserve to qualify for the WC.

Good food for some serious thought right there

Breds....for my part...if yuh fit enough to be on the bench for T&T, you can substitute fuh a charbroiled Yorke.

And dis talk about playing Yorke into match fitness as has been suggested by some in this thread....dat is de reason yuh have friendly games.  You do not attempt to play someone into match fitness in a world cup qualifier.

Basically....is bullshit why Yorke remain on the field past the 70 minute mark in BOTH matches.  Yuh think other players wh watchin wha goin on and realizin is one standard fuh some and a different standard entirely fuh oddahs?  Dat eh jes happenin NOW.....dat goin on long time.....but men tryin to make Latas out as dis saviour and he doin some a de same shit as others been doin.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 02:53:53 PM by palos »

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2009, 08:50:09 PM »
Forgive me if I misread what was going on.
In the Costa rica game, Didn't any of you see Yorke waving off the bench when Birchall was coming on. To our crew it looked like Birchall was coming on for Yorke and there were some gesticulating and they changed it for Spann to come off.
I cyar believe nobody on this site saw that. I was not the only one in the stands thought that was what happened. Others made the comment as well.
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2009, 09:23:50 PM »
In the Costa rica game, Didn't any of you see Yorke waving off the bench when Birchall was coming on. To our crew it looked like Birchall was coming on for Yorke and there were some gesticulating and they changed it for Spann to come off.
I cyar believe nobody on this site saw that. I was not the only one in the stands thought that was what happened. Others made the comment as well.

Breds...wit all due respeck....I sure u mus be went some nex match.

First of all, if something like dat did TRULY happen, I sure de good forumites on here, who we all know doh have a biased bone in dey body, would have said something by now

Secondly, dis is Dwight Yorke you torkin bout sah.  We national hero.  Treble winner.  We national team captain.  He would NEVER do someting like wave off a substitution and let somebodyelse get sub instead a he.  No way!

And finally, Russell Latapy is de coach.  We all know if is one man is his own man is Latas.  Latas eh takin no shit from anybody.  Nobody tellin he who to pick, when to pick dem, what position to play dem, and sure as hell nobody tellin he when and who to sub.  Dis is a man who is above reproach.  He is his own man.  Jack Warner cowers when Latas walk in a room.  Latas is garlic to Jack Warner Jackula.

Nah dread....u wrong.....dat woulda never happen.

Right?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2009, 09:30:55 PM »
right
 ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 09:37:10 PM by Werklmann »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline morgz

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2009, 10:01:01 PM »
The game/s Yorke didn't play in, for the ban he served, can anyone remind me how the team looked. But then again that was under Maturana so we cyar really fault the team. Yorke is old but he wasn't the only player showings signs of fatigue, thing is if your looking for a players faults your always gonna highlight whatever mistakes they make and he did make some but he also made some crucial plays. Fact is Latas is the coach he have the experience not yall and if Yorke telling him what to do then maybe he not ready to be coach. Yorke has his ups and downs as being part of the team and in Latas eyes the ups outweigh the downs.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2009, 10:03:39 PM »
Fact is Latas is the coach he have the experience not yall and if Yorke telling him what to do then maybe he not ready to be coach.

Hmmmmmmm

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2009, 10:51:58 PM »
Skipper
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2009, 08:15:01 AM »

First of all, if something like dat did TRULY happen, I sure de good forumites on here, who we all know doh have a biased bone in dey body, would have said something by now

Secondly, dis is Dwight Yorke you torkin bout sah.  We national hero.  Treble winner.  We national team captain.  He would NEVER do someting like wave off a substitution and let somebodyelse get sub instead a he.  No way!

And finally, Russell Latapy is de coach.  We all know if is one man is his own man is Latas.  Latas eh takin no shit from anybody.  Nobody tellin he who to pick, when to pick dem, what position to play dem, and sure as hell nobody tellin he when and who to sub.  Dis is a man who is above reproach.  He is his own man.  Jack Warner cowers when Latas walk in a room.  Latas is garlic to Jack Warner Jackula.

Right?

As I said, I may have read it wrong. I hope  you're right and I'm wrong.
Right? :-\

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2009, 09:48:26 AM »

Right?

Someting kinda odd doh.

Yuh know de peeps on dis forum is a vocal bunch.  Peeps eh fraid to bump dey gum and tell it like is....NORMALLY.

But like it have some kinda code a silence or someting....a Mafia stylin....because by now, yuh woulda think dem vocal peeps woulda come out and bawl how nutting so went down and yuh really went a nex match.

But nutting of de sort.  Mankind quieter dan church mouse on dis issue.

Tings dat mek u go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

It couldn't be possible dat what u say is true.....could it?

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2009, 10:03:20 AM »

Right?

Someting kinda odd doh.

Yuh know de peeps on dis forum is a vocal bunch.  Peeps eh fraid to bump dey gum and tell it like is....NORMALLY.

But like it have some kinda code a silence or someting....a Mafia stylin....because by now, yuh woulda think dem vocal peeps woulda come out and bawl how nutting so went down and yuh really went a nex match.

By now I thought men woulda rip out meh heart.
This is one time when yuh hoping yuh wrong bout something. But what I see, I see.
Yorke is meh boy. Ah want him fit and on the field 90mins plus.
But no one is untouchable. Ask Sir Alex  ;D
Come forumites how all yuh so quiet on this one?  ???

Corbeaux

« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2009, 11:19:04 AM »

Right?

Someting kinda odd doh.

By now I thought men woulda rip out meh heart.
This is one time when yuh hoping yuh wrong bout something. But what I see, I see.
Yorke is meh boy. Ah want him fit and on the field 90mins plus.
But no one is untouchable. Ask Sir Alex  ;D
Come forumites how all yuh so quiet on this one?  ???
It doesn't matter to me if Yorke did or did not do that and i won't be surprised if he did   but Yorke is a quality player,   we all know that and having a quality player like Yorke and Latapy on the ball will settle the team.     
   There is one problem though,  Yorke is 37 and as fit as he is, he cannot last 90 minutes.  If we qualify, Yorke will be 38 going on 39 and you can't expect him to go up against the Kaka's ant the Gerrerd's.  So until Yorke can prove he can last 90 minutes, whether he decides to try to get fitter than he already is, he cannot play for Trinidad and Tobago no matter how much he wants to play or we or Latapy wants him to play if we are to beat the likes of Mexico with Dos Santos or Honduras with Suazo.
  Our team needs a makeover and proper scouts for our foreign based and a manager who can actually select a proper team because our team right now is ancient. We were the oldest team in the last W.C. and we need an unbiased coach at the helm  who will make the tough decisions and pick the proper players  i.e.  not Lawrence, Andrews. Yorke, Noel and Stern John
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 11:21:42 AM by Corbeaux »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2009, 02:11:36 PM »
Well Palos and sweetiepaper, provide de clip of the alleged incident nah, cuz I am yet to see the complete game (a replay) so ah could either see that it did happen and pretend that it didn't cuz ah sentimental and  irrational, or see that it happen and agree and wonder wha de arse??!!

Or that it didn't happen and both ah all yuh hallucinating....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2009, 03:06:22 PM »
Frenism alive and "kicking" in T&T football.

Like the word but I would spell it as Frienism!  ;)

Good word to add to the Soca Warriors dictionary!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2009, 03:50:58 PM »
Well Palos and sweetiepaper, provide de clip of the alleged incident nah, cuz I am yet to see the complete game (a replay) so ah could either see that it did happen and pretend that it didn't cuz ah sentimental and  irrational, or see that it happen and agree and wonder wha de arse??!!

De Omerta STRONG in dis one sah..... 8)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2009, 04:02:13 PM »

??? 
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2009, 04:13:27 PM »

be very 'fraid of de Illuminati :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline riodano1510

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2009, 01:02:06 AM »
man talkin abt yorke bun i am 22 yrs old and i gym out everyday run a park 4 times a week and I KNOW I CAH MAKE 20 MINS running up in azteca...fellas azteca 7200 feet up in the bloodclat air you know wa kinda physical body makeup you hada have to run up there ...the reason why mexico does play we up there almost every dam time we hada go there is bc is a scientific thing they know we cah make yuh eva notice them spainish build short but they stocky they have the physical build to run up there...and we did we put up a relll good fight a rell good showing dwight yorke is my captain of my country he is the most decorated football player to ever come out of t'dad n t'bgo so haul yuh so and so if u have a problem with dwight stayn on the team for the 90 bc i assure u just 8-9 mths ago when he hit tha penalty against the US nobody NOBODY here was sayn nuthin abt dwight being unsubable
The work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives and the dream shall never die.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2009, 02:57:25 AM »
drop him nah
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2009, 07:18:22 AM »
drop him nah

Daz virtually wha he tellin Latapy.  And Latas apparently doh have de balls to do what best fuh de team.

Not so far anyway.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2009, 07:40:46 AM »

And we dont want to do that! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2009, 12:43:35 PM »
well sweetiepaper describe exactly wha yuh see nah so that peeps on here cud blame latas and yorkie on their behaviour...it cyar be dat all yuh see was yorke waving to de bench wen birchie  was coming orn and yuh tek dat to mean that it was yorke to come off.
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2009, 01:22:52 PM »
A prophet has no honour in his country. Listen again- Dwight Yorke captain in Dwight Yorke stadium with the first Serious W/C qualifier in Tobago. How it go look to take off Tobago's favourite son- Have a heart fellas.
 Not to mention the friend thing. I somehow felt that the emotional factor got in the way and that Latapy and Yorke and all of Tobago were under the illusion that Yorke would score the winner in the Dwight Yorke Stadium and that the magician would have really pull a rabbit out of the bag. Costa Rica spoiled the party

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2009, 01:25:45 PM »
well sweetiepaper describe exactly wha yuh see nah so that peeps on here cud blame latas and yorkie on their behaviour...it cyar be dat all yuh see was yorke waving to de bench wen birchie  was coming orn and yuh tek dat to mean that it was yorke to come off.
as DY was de capt maybe he was tellin the bench that that moment was the best to bring on the sub
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2009, 04:07:49 PM »
I sorry the cameras at the time was not showing Yorke. So if yuh was not there, you wouldn't have seen what happened
As I said before I could have misread it.
That's why I was asking if anybody else saw what happened, so as to clear it up.

1]; } ?>