April 25, 2024, 12:01:09 PM

Author Topic: Bring More Locals & Youths  (Read 3804 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bring More Locals & Youths
« on: June 11, 2009, 09:46:48 AM »
So far the local based carrying this team.

Look at Tinto, best player in the two games and was not even getting a look in for years.

They have more like him.

Yorke have to rest
Dog have to rest, he cause the first goal not Abu Baka you cannot let a man receive , turn and pass. Pressure on the ball is first step of defense. He get he 100 caps let him rest
lawrence have to rest

Find a way to put Carlos up front

if we make these changes will will beat El Salvador easy and be back on the ball.

Now is the time

All we need is more pace.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bring More Locals & Youths
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 09:49:48 AM »
Foreign based too old, local based not good enough.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 10:08:43 AM »
Ok KND,

Our vital problem to be solved: we must get speedy wing backs like Gray and Avery or forget it. Wing backs these days must have pace like days as daiz what is coming at them. T&T seems to have a frightening shortage or are the news reports on the PFL teams missing something? Yuh mean if Avery ketch de H1N1 flu and cyah play den we cyah prevent wingers stringing up we backside with play and again play predictably dong de wing?  >:(
Is Seon Power, Nicholson Thomas and others who have speed able to step now or eventually for national selection. Cyd used to be a wild man before too, but he too was gently shaped into a safe product. People please answer this serious question, or else we are going nowhere fast. And while we are at it, how is Nigel Daniel doing?

Wingbacks, wingbacks, wingbacks!!!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Corbeaux

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 10:40:25 AM »
jloyd  and edwards     2 best wingbacks in concacaf   all we need is 2 good cb's and hyland and birchall in mf and we good to go.  Even Avery on d left and Jloyd as cb is good.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 10:44:19 AM »
Good contribution to start Corbeaux. Anymore wingback choices in case these wingbacks geh carded or injured
Depth, depth, depth!!!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 10:44:28 AM »
The consensus on here is that anything local not good enough,wheather it's Coach or players,they say the foreign based have all the experience,i must say we should be thanking JW for the blacklist because we would not have had anything to fall back on today,the inexperience young players that everybody find not ready are the ones coming through for us when ever they get the chance too,those players can do well if given the exposure and chance too,how would they gain experience if they don't get the opportunity,it's very frustrating when you are training with the knowledge you not making it when the foreign players come home,these locals are usually at such a disadvantage because they are representing their country for the first time,it's just not a nice feeling to be thrown to the wolves in times like this knowing your every move is so important,it's like walking on eggshells,it's not that they have no skills,take anybody out of their comfort zone and they will play shyt,T&T is a country known for skillful players but unless it eh Yorke or Latas we does kind fault with our guys,our problem is T&T have too many Coaches/critiques.  

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 10:55:29 AM »
But......de previous coach play locals and everybody say de locals eh good enough.

Now u sayin we should play locals?

And here it was I tort anybody who playin fuh T&T was local.  My bad.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 11:01:15 AM »
But......de previous coach play locals and everybody say de locals eh good enough.

De previous coach was playing 17-year-olds and pro league reserve players. De locals and youths Latas looking at is men people here was crying out for long time.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 11:10:57 AM »
Good one Palos...yuh could never please everybody eh.

IMHO...If the natural-talent pool dry up, we have to do it the hard way.  The local defenders need to be properly coached...and ah mean by an expert.  
When last a defensive player get a foreign contract ?  Is mostly the forwards and midfielders getting foreign contracts...and where they ending up..yuh cyah really say they lighting up the world with their dazzling display either.  We have to face facts whether we like it or not, whether we try to sugar coat it or try to not to make it sound so bad, but generally the local players (some foreign based too) are not up to international standard.  Could they get there, certainly, no doubt it, but it will take some will power by the stakeholders to make it happen, otherwise we have to wait for the talent gods to rain on we talent pool again.

Doh take my word for it, go and see some of the PFL games, allyuh go see the pool we pulling from.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 11:49:44 AM »
We have to face facts whether we like it or not, whether we try to sugar coat it or try to not to make it sound so bad, but generally the local players (some foreign based too) are not up to international standard.

But how you could say dat??  :o....a coach get run outta town for saying dat!!.....like you looking to get run out of town too.... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 11:56:58 AM »

De previous coach was playing 17-year-olds and pro league reserve players. De locals and youths Latas looking at is men people here was crying out for long time.

So Makan Hislop
Aklie Edwards
Seon Power
Clyde Leon
Densil Theobald
Cornell Glen
Osei Telesford
Anthony Wolfe
Andre Toussaint
Kerry Baptiste
Keon Daniel
Errol MacFarlane

Is all U 17 and Pro League Reserve players eh?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 12:08:48 PM »

So Makan Hislop
Aklie Edwards
Seon Power
Clyde Leon
Densil Theobald
Cornell Glen
Osei Telesford
Anthony Wolfe
Andre Toussaint
Kerry Baptiste
Keon Daniel
Errol MacFarlane

How many people on that list were people truly complaining about?

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 12:11:15 PM »
We played de ass developing our talent since de last WC.  Now is not de time to be chopping and changing and having a revolving door for national selection.  That should have been done several years ago.  Latas getting plenty out of dem boys after only two games. 

KND, Dog has neva really shown great prowess on de ground.  He is de Head Boy as dey call him on de BBC.  In Scotland when crosses coming in like scud missiles, Dog is a serious asset.  In de ground game dat is de Concacaf, how fast yuh really expect de big fella to move regardless of his age?  Apart from Avery John, T&T eh really have defenders who does close de gaps well.  Is a long time now our defense does let man receive, turn, pass, cross or shoot.  Edwards was guilty of de same thing but me eh see nobody calling he name.  Abu Bakr did not have a bad game given his quick ascendancy to de National Team in a difficult place like de Azteca. 

I find we does give up too many crosses.  Yesterday, men jes giving up de line in midfield and de wing backs not closing down de gaps as best dey could.  Be it local or foreign playing, we have to address our defense and we don't have a lot of time to do so. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 12:19:33 PM »

So Makan Hislop
Aklie Edwards
Seon Power
Clyde Leon
Densil Theobald
Cornell Glen
Osei Telesford
Anthony Wolfe
Andre Toussaint
Kerry Baptiste
Keon Daniel
Errol MacFarlane

Well.....people say bring back Cyd Gray.  All now Touches bawlin fuh he to play.  Cyd was T&T captain and all under de previous coach

Men bawl fuh Whitley.  Buh wait.....Whitley was captain under de previous coach too.

Nuff peeps wanted to know why Marvin Oliver couldn't get a run.  Well so far, he not in Latas plans but at least he get a game under de previous coach

People was bawlin fuh Trent Noel to get a bligh....but he also play under de previous coach although GRANTED....he wasn't a starter as he is under Latas.

Play Kerry Baptiste dey say.....de previous coach play him but so far Latas resissin even doh he outscore everybody in camp.

Men bawlin fuh Atullah Guerra....still to dis day....and he get more playin time (as minute as it was) under de previous coach dan he get so far under Latas. At least he make a bench or 2 under dah coach.

Oh yeah.....well he eh local based....but real men bawlin fuh Darryl Roberts to play.  Well guess who play him and guess who hasn't to date?

Anybody else hoss?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 12:23:15 PM »

So Makan Hislop
Aklie Edwards
Seon Power
Clyde Leon
Densil Theobald
Cornell Glen
Osei Telesford
Anthony Wolfe
Andre Toussaint
Kerry Baptiste
Keon Daniel
Errol MacFarlane

Well.....people say bring back Cyd Gray.  All now Touches bawlin fuh he to play.  Cyd was T&T captain and all under de previous coach

Men bawl fuh Whitley.  Buh wait.....Whitley was captain under de previous coach too.

Nuff peeps wanted to know why Marvin Oliver couldn't get a run.  Well so far, he not in Latas plans but at least he get a game under de previous coach

People was bawlin fuh Trent Noel to get a bligh....but he also play under de previous coach although GRANTED....he wasn't a starter as he is under Latas.

Play Kerry Baptiste dey say.....de previous coach play him but so far Latas resissin even doh he outscore everybody in camp.

Men bawlin fuh Atullah Guerra....still to dis day....and he get more playin time (as minute as it was) under de previous coach dan he get so far under Latas. At least he make a bench or 2 under dah coach.

Oh yeah.....well he eh local based....but real men bawlin fuh Darryl Roberts to play.  Well guess who play him and guess who hasn't to date?

Anybody else hoss?
You make a U-turn wit yuh argument then? Ah thought everybody was fightin down de locals? Now everybody was bawling for locals?

Yuh better call for recess and confer wit yuh client.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 12:31:05 PM »
Somebody needs to Tell Latapy his honeymoon is over. The marriage start with El Salvador.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 12:32:00 PM »

So Makan Hislop
Aklie Edwards
Seon Power
Clyde Leon
Densil Theobald
Cornell Glen
Osei Telesford
Anthony Wolfe
Andre Toussaint
Kerry Baptiste
Keon Daniel
Errol MacFarlane

Anybody else hoss?
You make a U-turn wit yuh argument then? Ah thought everybody was fightin down de locals? Now everybody was bawling for locals?

Probably I wasn't clear....but my "argument" wasn't that anybody was "fighting down locals" but rather yuh cyah please anybody.  Previous coach play local based....people bawl de local based no good.  Current coach play foreign based.....now same people bawlin de local based carryin de team and dey should be played.

But u can interpret it any way yuh want sah.  Makes no difference to me.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 12:36:59 PM »
Somebody needs to Tell Latapy his honeymoon is over. The marriage start with El Salvador.

Amen brother....

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 12:55:37 PM »

So Makan Hislop
Aklie Edwards
Seon Power
Clyde Leon
Densil Theobald
Cornell Glen
Osei Telesford
Anthony Wolfe
Andre Toussaint
Kerry Baptiste
Keon Daniel
Errol MacFarlane

Anybody else hoss?

Probably I wasn't clear....but my "argument" wasn't that anybody was "fighting down locals" but rather yuh cyah please anybody.  Previous coach play local based....people bawl de local based no good.  Current coach play foreign based.....now same people bawlin de local based carryin de team and dey should be played.

But u can interpret it any way yuh want sah.  Makes no difference to me.
But it not as simple as "local vs. foreign-based." You using "local-based" as some kinda monolithic group, and making it an either-or situation. Dey call that a false dilemma.

The question was always who is comprising this "local-based". The reason people complained about the local-based not being good enough is because the local-based players being selected at the time weren't considered the best available

And, yes, there'll always be debate about who's the best. And, no, you can't please everybody. But let's not pretend there weren't glaring omissions and unexplicable inclusions. Whether that was Maturana or somebody else pulling strings, people wasn't complaining because dey like to hear dey voice.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 01:14:29 PM »
That why i don't comment went it come to local or foreign players...cause you don't know what you going to get....my point is consistency in their game play...we not consistant in defence, midfield or forward...we lacking bad in all area...HOPEFULLY...Lata and his assistant could do something about it...other than that ...you can't complain...you just HOPE

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 01:22:21 PM »
local based not good enough my ass, whitley, jemmott, guerra, even friggin ole man dwarika could pass and create in the midfield, none of them men last night have no such capability, once the locals get a good coach that has confidence in them, they will exceed expectations. keep carlos, roberts, birchall and jones, get rid of the rest of foreign based

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 01:25:13 PM »
local based not good enough my ass, whitley, jemmott, guerra, even friggin ole man dwarika could pass and create in the midfield, none of them men last night have no such capability, once the locals get a good coach that has confidence in them, they will exceed expectations. keep carlos, roberts, birchall and jones, get rid of the rest of foreign based

Get rid of Ince too?

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 01:49:28 PM »
i agree the entire team need a make over cause i dont see how a bunch of big strong black men let these lil spanish run all over them knock them of the ball i'm sorry but i'm black and very athletic  aint no mexican white boy or any other race that i will let run faster or be more athletic than me even if they are they will never know cause i take pride in being the best . Our players dont have that attitude
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 01:52:54 PM »
i agree the entire team need a make over cause i dont see how a bunch of big strong black men let these lil spanish run all over them knock them of the ball i'm sorry but i'm black and very athletic  aint no mexican white boy or any other race that i will let run faster or be more athletic than me even if they are they will never know cause i take pride in being the best . Our players dont have that attitude
Good.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 03:24:26 PM »
This local/foreign argument is a joke. All the foreign with the exception of Birchall, Warner(GK), Shakes and the others I can't remember were groom in TT in the Colleges league and the PFL. The were good enough to get contracts to play overseas. We see them men from small. Now Zamora and J Loyd are different. We just seeing them play. As a matter of fact now is the time to get them to come to TT and practice and see if they really committed. Now is the time for Latas to try some of the  local, foreign based and foreign born. We need some serious friendly game to test them men out. 

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 03:43:55 PM »
This local/foreign argument is a joke. All the foreign with the exception of Birchall, Warner(GK), Shakes and the others I can't remember were groom in TT in the Colleges league and the PFL. The were good enough to get contracts to play overseas. We see them men from small. Now Zamora and J Loyd are different. We just seeing them play. As a matter of fact now is the time to get them to come to TT and practice and see if they really committed. Now is the time for Latas to try some of the  local, foreign based and foreign born. We need some serious friendly game to test them men out. 

For what purpose exactly?  To be omitted when the team is named?  Man if I is some ah dem yutes I shun da call up fuh camp and practice because they wasting these players time and continuously diminishing their morale in the process.  Baptiste is in ripping form in PFL and was the best finisher in the practice matches.  Yet he get ah flickin Cobo sweat outta 2 games in favor of Scotty and Glen against CR and then Jorsling in front of him against Mexico.  That make any kinda flickin sense?  Look Jaggy went argentina and was blazin ass dong dey and no call up.  That call up ting is ah big time joke.  As a player it cah feel good to know no matter how well you perform in training and camp your number not getting called unless yuh fly dong from foreign or yuh is the coach protege who he give his # to.  Man waste Maturana but players at least could have participated knowing that he called up many different players and afforded them chances.  If not for him (going against the grain) sticking with Hyland (who many here had issue with because he was unattached and fat as allyuh say) he wouldn't be a promising bright spot for the future that is constantly mentioned in should have played/ start arguments.

I will wait till the campaign officially over to evaluate Latas as a coach.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 03:57:54 PM »
We need to let JW pay these fellas and set them up with trainers who only working with them on technique and tactics. It's not like any of them doing anything with they club anyways (well except for Scotland). A good 6 months of puretechnical academy style training. Then they could  go out and do their thing.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 04:01:18 PM »
Tinto is not enough.  Say what allyuh want.  But the errors made on Sat. and Wed. are Tactical.  Sorry fellas this group just to strong to play on skills.  Even the might USA and Mexico finding that out. No it's a mater of what you total package is because any team could and will exploit your weakness.  Defensive errors get punished, throw away goals, throw away matches.  This team has played the best it can play.  The rest will lie with a tactician.  i hope he reading the board because men making some good suggestions on here.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2009, 04:07:55 PM »
Tinto is not enough.  Say what allyuh want.  But the errors made on Sat. and Wed. are Tactical.  Sorry fellas this group just to strong to play on skills.  Even the might USA and Mexico finding that out. No it's a mater of what you total package is because any team could and will exploit your weakness.  Defensive errors get punished, throw away goals, throw away matches.  This team has played the best it can play.  The rest will lie with a tactician.  i hope he reading the board because men making some good suggestions on here.

The thing with Tinto, Daniel and Carlos is that they create room behind the defenders well with they dribble, but for some reason they don't take advantage of that space.   ???   Daniel had an opportunity where he could have ran with the ball straight into the goal and he turn back allowing the defender to dispose him of the ball. Tinto does not knop
w or did not seem to want to cut in behind the defenders after drawing them out wide. Carlos get's hiomself in great position and then turn back. Of the 3 we had 2 good crosse I beleive and both were from Daniel.  Carlos kicked his away and Tinto kicked his onto the defenders.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2009, 06:23:41 PM »
This is a do-or-die team with the legs to fight for every blade of grass on the field

Ince

Abu Bahkr                            JLloyd

Carlos                                                                     Avery

Noel

Birchall                                                   Hyland

Tinto                                                                                                    Jagdeosingh

Stern

This is my starting team for WC 2010 if we make it

Ince

Sancho                    JLloyd

Carlos                                                   Avery
                                                Whitley

Birchall                          Noel

Roberts                                                          Samuel

Jones

Bench: D: N. Daniel, Abu Bahkr, James, Primus, Thomas, Spann
          M: Hyland, K. Daniel, Jaggy, Tinto, Leston Paul, Guerra
          F : Stern, Glen
          G: Phillips, Jan
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 06:49:45 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>