April 16, 2024, 08:41:53 AM

Author Topic: Drop all the Foreign Based Except Ince,Spann, Edwards, Roberts, Memum and Jones  (Read 19069 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Typical TI post.
Let me summarize it:

1. They fighting down the local-based.
2. Jagdeosingh should get a sweat

All the rest is smokescreen fuh allyuh to debate.
I happened tuh like this thread! every man entitled tuh his oppinion, it's ah FORUM!!!

loww the man and stop hating!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Just Cool,
             I have to disagree with you on the Ince issue. Yes you can fault him on some of the CR goals, but last night we were good for 6. We only get 2 because the Mex. forwards were toots and Ince save we. Yes he has his faults but he came up big time. Mex had 90% of that game. It was constant pressure and he stepped up to the plate.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TI , ince is sh!t bredder! the man played 4 games in the hex and conceded 10 goals. yuh see dem two goals we conceded last night, i fully believe williams woulda save them, that and @ least two of the goals he conceded in tobago.

i watch all his games, and all he does do is bark and querrel every time ah ball come his way.

Are you kidding me?  What could he have done on the 2nd goal.....face facts it was an OUTSTANDING shot.  Ince is a valid 6ft 4" keeper and layed all out and you want him to save that goal?  The ball went where no keeper could have gotten it... none, no keeper....nada....

I agree he does yell at men too much though and sometimes for no apparent reason.
Breds i watch the goals till ah was sick !! the man got caught napping, the fella took that shot about 45 yards out, no way that shot shoulda beat him.

on the last play against bahrain, kelvin jack saved ah simular shot from the same distance, that's the awareness of ah keeper. that mexican goal was not in no dam V either! it was a little bit too ince right, he got caught off his line and that's pretty much it.

goals ince coulda save. first bermuda game when he stayed on the ground waiting for the ref tuh blow his whistle.

the el salvador goal 2nd goal.

josy altidor's 3rd goal the hatric maker.

the last two goals VS costa rica! and last nights two goals!

it's 10 goals the man concede in 4 games bro!! come on !! get real, that is un acceptable!

So the goalkeeper does play by heself?  The defense have nuttin to do with him conceding goals?  Boss, Iker Casillas give up plenty goals this year too, that means he is sh!t?  Couldn't disagree with you more.....We have the wuss defense...the absolute wuss defense in the hex by a fricken mile...we cyar even play 3 same men in the back 4 each game.  Ah man hit ah blast up in the jep nest and you blame the keeper....What I go say, we watch two different games and must agree to disagree.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Maybe JC ketch a zeppo dat Latas say de only way Darryl Roberts makin de team is as a goalie hence de attack on Ince... ;D

Anyway JC...I jes kicksin eh....nex ting yuh sayin my heart dark, yuh do meh sumting in de past and Iz a hatah and ting... ;D

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
TI , ince is sh!t bredder! the man played 4 games in the hex and conceded 10 goals. yuh see dem two goals we conceded last night, i fully believe williams woulda save them, that and @ least two of the goals he conceded in tobago.

i watch all his games, and all he does do is bark and querrel every time ah ball come his way.

Are you kidding me?  What could he have done on the 2nd goal.....face facts it was an OUTSTANDING shot.  Ince is a valid 6ft 4" keeper and layed all out and you want him to save that goal?  The ball went where no keeper could have gotten it... none, no keeper....nada....

I agree he does yell at men too much though and sometimes for no apparent reason.
Breds i watch the goals till ah was sick !! the man got caught napping, the fella took that shot about 45 yards out, no way that shot shoulda beat him.

on the last play against bahrain, kelvin jack saved ah simular shot from the same distance, that's the awareness of ah keeper. that mexican goal was not in no dam V either! it was a little bit too ince right, he got caught off his line and that's pretty much it.

goals ince coulda save. first bermuda game when he stayed on the ground waiting for the ref tuh blow his whistle.

it's 10 goals the man concede in 4 games bro!! come on !! get real, that is un acceptable!

IMO, it only have about 3 keepers i know on the planet who was saving that bullet...

Casillas, Cech and Julio Cruz.. I eh even think man like Van de sar, friedel and howard was getting up and flying across to palm that away with dey old self.

Ince is an older keeper and dont have them ups, but flying doth not maketh the goalkeeper.. Man like Schmeichel and Oliver Kahn saw their greatest years when in terms of physical attributes, they probably would not have saved ah demon like that either.

As for the first goal i really dont know what you was looking for different. The keeper charging out the goal in a 1 v 1 and pretty much is left without a choice but diving at the attackers feet to cut down the lateral angles.. The chip was unplayable. Notice you are the only one arguing all of this..

As for the CR goals, the only one I would say Ince couldve done better on was the one he got a hand to, because they say once u get a hand on a ball u supposed to be able to save it. But with that said, let us not forget that is Tallest that lay it on a platter for the CR man to leggo a point blank bullet and Ince did well to get across.

What Ince brings is experience, reflexes, command of the pk box and shot stopping ability. I too find he does overdo it with the buffing, but he's the best thing we have between the sticks right now.

We do not have a goalkeeper problem, when last have we seen a silly goalkeeper error where we can attach full blame for the defeat? Yuh dont drop your goalkeeper save for loss of form or confidence.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maybe JC ketch a zeppo dat Latas say de only way Darryl Roberts makin de team is as a goalie hence de attack on Ince... ;D

Anyway JC...I jes kicksin eh....nex ting yuh sayin my heart dark, yuh do meh sumting in de past and Iz a hatah and ting... ;D

Hoss yuh heart dark dread  :D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
I tinkin more like:

Jones

Roberts

Hyland                                         Tinto                                    

Birchall

Daniel                                                              Edwards

James                         Abu Bakr

Thomas

Phillip(for d future)

Not a bad squad. Many of us on here would like to see T&T shed the old legs, but the youth ain't up to it breds.

Add Jaggy tuh this squad
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Whats the explanation for the Thomas exclusion and Dog inclusion from the back line?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

on the last play against bahrain, kelvin jack saved ah simular shot from the same distance,

Madness, that shot was unstoppable.  Ince was not out of position nor did he react late.
Watch how much the ball dip right before it reach our goalpost!
The shot had dip, swerve, power, and it was on target.  No keeper was savin dat.
The shot from Bahrain was closer in, about 10 yards closer than the shot from last night.

Corbeaux

Our best team would be...
                                        Phillip
        Edwards-------Keyeno------Jloyd-------Avery
        Tinto---------Birchall-------Hyland------Daniel
                            Jones------Zamora

Subs..Scotland...Glen...Samuel....Lawrence--James--Williams

Dis team would go  places if we had a coach wit d balls to pick them.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

IMO, it only have about 3 keepers i know on the planet who was saving that bullet...

Casillas, Cech and Julio Cruz.. I eh even think man like Van de sar, friedel and howard was getting up and flying across to palm that away with dey old self.

I think yuh mean Julio Cesar  :D
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile

I think yuh mean Julio Cesar  :D

daz like the 3rd time ah make that mistake...lol

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ince on that first goal (and in similar situations in the past) does not come out with full intention.

he must decide if he coming out.. to do so.

Never an Ince fan and never will be. But they man stood out last night.

BTW.. controvesial, have you seen enough of Jag to make those claims? Or you just supporting the indian name?  ;)

KEEP - Hislop home - period!

« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 04:02:52 PM by Jumbie »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall is huge value add to the squad dread... Maybe not your kind of player but when he's on the field our level of energy and intensity is higher and better.  He's an unsung work horse whose efforts can easily go unnoticed...He covers a tremendous amount of ground and he's one of the few players with the grit needed in the int'l game- last night he was tireless...and made some fearless crucial recoveries at the back- (one that first comes to mind is the saving defensive lunge where he risked his body to force the attacker to head wide under pressure)....

Which is why it always amazes me when he gets subbed e.g. against El Salvador. Notice we lost the game after he left
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Birchall is huge value add to the squad dread... Maybe not your kind of player but when he's on the field our level of energy and intensity is higher and better.  He's an unsung work horse whose efforts can easily go unnoticed...He covers a tremendous amount of ground and he's one of the few players with the grit needed in the int'l game- last night he was tireless...and made some fearless crucial recoveries at the back- (one that first comes to mind is the saving defensive lunge where he risked his body to force the attacker to head wide under pressure)....

Jagdeo has a different set of gifts perphaps, but Kendall is not better than Birchall dread..absolutely not.

Last night on at least three times Birchall cover both Yorke and Daniel. Tracking down dem man way on the other side of the midfield, tackling and winning the ball.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
The costa rican commentator made an excellent point in the last game, why the hell tt dont play their young stars and drop these old men.

young stars??????

what young stars he talking bout.

he is a foreigner.

isn't dat how some of us feel bout foreigners???? dey don't know what dey talkin bout?????

I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Jagdeo has a different set of gifts perphaps, but Kendall is not better than Birchall dread..absolutely not.

Last night on at least three times Birchall cover both Yorke and Daniel. Tracking down dem man way on the other side of the midfield, tackling and winning the ball.

Am I the ONLY one who saw that it was Birchall who tackled the Mexican and toe-poke the ball for Tinto to score? You need BOTH piano MOVERs as well as Piano PLAYERS for a concert... Birchall is to T&T what Makelele was to Chelsea, the man who does the dirty work to free up the creative players to do their job... Real Madrid didn't see Maka's value either...UNTIL he left

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Am I the ONLY one who saw that it was Birchall who tackled the Mexican and toe-poke the ball for Tinto to score? You need BOTH piano MOVERs as well as Piano PLAYERS for a concert... Birchall is to T&T what Makelele was to Chelsea, the man who does the dirty work to free up the creative players to do their job... Real Madrid didn't see Maka's value either...UNTIL he left

I agree, but you can't make a straight comparison though because Birchall isn't in Makalele's class- Maka doesn't lose the ball and has impeccable passing, but yes, Birchall should play the exact same clean up defensive mid role as Makalele for TnT, that's crucial for us, but he still has alot to improve on though. I feel with the toughness Birchall in a strict defensive mid role would bring, we would be more comfortable straight replacing Yorke with Hyland- who I think SHOULD BE ON THE FIELD.

Hyland and Tinto are 2 of top level youths, and I feel Keon Daniel would be in there with them if he was played in central midfield. Look at Iniesta's performance on the wing against Chelsea in the CL semis vs his performance in central midfield vs Man Utd in the finals- he performed respectably vs Chelsea- but against ManU he was UNPLAYABLE, and looked like a superhuman footballer. That shows how much of a player's ability can be hidden by playing them out of position. I have a good feeling Keon Daniel will be great in attacking midfield.

Another thing too- KEON DANIEL SHOULD BE THE DESIGNATED FREEKICK TAKER IF HE'S ON THE FIELD. The man has proven himself to be the best freekick taker we have, and prob among the top 3 in our history- why the hell did Carlos(who is our best player for years now still) take that freekick around the Mexican pen area in the 2nd half- he pushed Keon away from the ball after he had lined it up, and proceeded to blast the ball into the far post of the imaginary goal next to the real one. I'm sure Keon would have at least gotten that on target. That is the same shit that caused the pen miss in EL Salvador- and why we only have 2 pts instead of 4.

Also- INCE HAS BEEN BRILLIANT FOR US in the past few matches. He was the best player by far on the field in the Azteca- goal.com agrees with me too- he got a rating of 8, the highest any other player got was 6 I think(Tinto got 6, he would be rated higher if he got the ball more) Many top international nation don't even have a keeper of Ince's quality, when you look at some of the goals their keepers concede. We have some very good players to build on, and I'm sure that Latapy will maximize them and put out the best team that can win matches- based on the BIG improvement we've seen so far. I'm excited to see how the team will look in August, because he already has them playing so much better in the little time he's had all of them together.

I hope Jlloyd Samuel and Zamora are available for August- that would be great, especially Jlloyd.

Ince

Carlos           Keyeno            Jlloyd               Avery

Birchall

Tinto              Spann        Keon Daniel    Hyland

Stern John

Keon Daniel is the designated taker of ALL set peices.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 02:33:00 AM by Peter »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile

I agree, but you can't make a straight comparison though because Birchall isn't in Makalele's class- Maka doesn't lose the ball and has impeccable passing, but yes, Birchall should play the exact same clean up defensive mid role as Makalele for TnT, that's crucial for us, but he still has alot to improve on though. I feel with the toughness Birchall in a strict defensive mid role would bring, we would be more comfortable straight replacing Yorke with Hyland- who I think SHOULD BE ON THE FIELD.

Hyland and Tinto are 2 of top level youths, and I feel Keon Daniel would be in there with them if he was played in central midfield. Look at Iniesta's performance on the wing against Chelsea in the CL semis vs his performance in central midfield vs Man Utd in the finals- he performed respectably vs Chelsea- but against ManU he was UNPLAYABLE, and looked like a superhuman footballer. That shows how much of a player's ability can be hidden by playing them out of position. I have a good feeling Keon Daniel will be great in attacking midfield.

Another thing too- KEON DANIEL SHOULD BE THE DESIGNATED FREEKICK TAKER IF HE'S ON THE FIELD. The man has proven himself to be the best freekick taker we have, and prob among the top 3 in our history- why the hell did Carlos(who is our best player for years now still) take that freekick around the Mexican pen area in the 2nd half- he pushed Keon away from the ball after he had lined it up, and proceeded to blast the ball into the far post of the imaginary goal next to the real one. I'm sure Keon would have at least gotten that on target. That is the same shit that caused the pen miss in EL Salvador- and why we only have 2 pts instead of 4.

Also- INCE HAS BEEN BRILLIANT FOR US in the past few matches. He was the best player by far on the field in the Azteca- goal.com agrees with me too- he got a rating of 8, the highest any other player got was 6 I think(Tinto got 6, he would be rated higher if he got the ball more) Many top international nation don't even have a keeper of Ince's quality, when you look at some of the goals their keepers concede. We have some very good players to build on, and I'm sure that Latapy will maximize them and put out the best team that can win matches- based on the BIG improvement we've seen so far. I'm excited to see how the team will look in August, because he already has them playing so much better in the little time he's had all of them together.

I hope Jlloyd Samuel and Zamora are available for August- that would be great, especially Jlloyd.

Ince

Birchall

Stern John

I like dis post :beermug:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 06:03:04 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
thanks lefty  :):beermug:

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Someone please tell Latapy the honeymoon over- The marriage has started. Ask any woman- Results matter.
 How are you making this team better and what are you bringing to the table.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good team Peter,

But Stern I dont agree with. although I value his presence and comitment, and 69 goals alot, he doesnt really appear to me to be at his best at the moment. Blanco for eg. got dropped, and it was only wen he started playing well in MLS den he got recalled (also Beckham, Dinho etc...)

Also, Keyno isnt better than either Tallest or Dog...and Khaleem is a central midfielder

Looks lkie a good team for the future though, we just need either jan Williams or Phillip to go 2 a foreign club and improve... :beermug:

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Ince

Birchall

Stern John

I like dis post :beermug:

I like this team line up.

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Totally agree , could not help but  :banginghead: the location of that free-kick was tailor-made for a left -footed strike with the ability to dip at the end. Look at where the goalkeeper positioned himself, he was prepared for Carlos as he covered the far post, I am sure he was aware of Carlos's goal in Tobago. Carlos is a flat ball striker whereas Keon has the ability to bend and dip with pace. This was a missed opportunity and Latas has to address this issue of senior players pulling rank over the junior players ,especially with freekicks from the mid to right side of the penalty area where Keon has a natural advantage.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Peter, I think that mf is too soft. T&T needs to always start Birchie and Trent Noel to protect our back 4. Spann is a great sub for Trent as he is probably a little better in attack and can take a wicked freekick. But we need the intensity and organization of Birchie and Trent to start games imo. Keon looks like he could be something, but I wouldn't play him in the middle yet..he needs too much time on the ball even when he is in space, and that is not going to change by putting him in central midfield. Your analogy with Iniesta makes sense in general, except you judge the Spaniard off one game...over the season you'd see Iniesta has been brilliant in a number of posisitons for Barca....but I know that wasn't your main point.

Darryl Roberts should be starting ahead of K. Daniel. More speed, more hustle, better in an around the goal. Just a better two way player than K Daniel from what I've seen. K Daniel in off the bench. I agree to that he must take any free kicks in and around the right side of the area (if you facing the goal). That is tailored or left footers. But in this instance I can't blame carlos for wanting it...after all..de man score a similar goal against CR..it was further out, but same angle.

I'd take a chance with Hyland in front of Yorkie and bring in Yorke to close out games.

But I like your squad. We cyah all agree  :beermug:

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Ince

Birchall

Stern John

Birchall has his limitations, but he should be a starter in the DM position. Latas has to find a way to create a diamond formation in the midfield with Hyland, Birchall and Roberts/Daniel
As great as Makalele was, he  could not make a proper pass over 10yards...
;D

Edwards took the free kick because he scored from a similar position in the CR game. I reckon he fancied his chances again and  was not far off ...But you are right that Daniel should be taking alot more of the free kicks. :beermug: :beermug:

The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Its time they drop all the foreign based, too old and slow, not up to par in the intl game. The costa rican commentator made an excellent point in the last game, why the hell tt dont play their young stars and drop these old men. I agree, the only person who is older who could add anything of substance to that impotent midfield is latas, no one else.

If jones doesnt have a creative mid to service him during the match, he shouldnt start, its pointless, a fellah like roberts should be there starting bc he runs at the defense, he can actually create and dribble. We dont have any wingers delivering quality crosses into jones, so why is he starting? Bc hes an epl starter? bullshit.

In fact, a fellah like jagdeo can do better than birchall and is a potential offensive threat at that, with tinto on the wing, edwards needs to realize that hes a bonified right back, its his natural position, he has the speed, the passing and the hustle to play the part well.

I hope we can get glen back and roberts bc they are needed, if we get samuel and zamora, even better.

Ince

edwards                thomas              samuel             pacheco

jagdeosingh/noel

tinto                     spann      zamora         daniel

roberts

subs:

abu bakr, adams, javed mohammed, jones, glen, yohance marshall, james, guerra, hyland

allyuh can add, its time the team get some young legs to start running and playing real football

Jagdeosingh aint a striker for Puerto Rico islanders?
and he been lookin good there too

how he and Findley AND Julius not being considered i dont know
And findley can be called up since he won his only cap with the US in a friendly!
Latas!!!! doh stik!!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
                         Ince

Samuels
                  James                  Avery
C. Edwards                             

Birchall
                                   Noel      Jaggy
     Tinto                                 
                               John
                 Jones

Subs: J.M. Phillip, R. Abu-Bakr, K. Thomas, A. Edwards, K. Daniel, K. Hyland, D. Roberts, C. Glen, L. Peltier

Over the next few years this should be our team with the older players being replaced by the time next campaigns qualifications begin.  By then Jan should have come of age and be ready to take the reigns from Ince.  Hyland can move to replace Trent, Roberts/ Peltier by then should replace Stern, (if Jones shows no end product whether at fault or not) Glen/Baptiste/Peltier replace Jones.  Guerra should by then be a regular competing for a midfield spot.  Yohance Marshall should be competing for a starting nod or have replaced Thomas on the bench. If Aklie improves enough he should assume LB position or be an LM sub (when needed).  Primus should by then be competing for a spot along with Da Silva and Leston Paul.  Don't see Hislop improving enough but if he does his height and size would be valuable in central defense.

I honestly think we have a good crop of younger players but they need to be exposed.  If we never expose them they'll never be ready when we need them.  Granted now is not the best time to do so, but they should be continuosly invited to the camps to compete for places on the current squad.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile

Tell him.  Without Birchall, we would have been about two more in the hole.  That fella is unrelenting.  Didn't get to  push up as far up the field as he would have liekd against Mexico, but nevertheless, a very crucial link between the defence and midfield.  Wouldn't replace him for the world, and I expect him to be ini better shape as he starts with LA.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Tell him.  Without Birchall, we would have been about two more in the hole.  That fella is unrelenting.  Didn't get to  push up as far up the field as he would have liekd against Mexico, but nevertheless, a very crucial link between the defence and midfield.  Wouldn't replace him for the world, and I expect him to be ini better shape as he starts with LA.

Man does ha amnesia after games so they don't remember his contribution to the games

1]; } ?>