April 18, 2024, 03:32:46 AM

Author Topic: Drop all the Foreign Based Except Ince,Spann, Edwards, Roberts, Memum and Jones  (Read 19080 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Tell him.  Without Birchall, we would have been about two more in the hole.  That fella is unrelenting.  Didn't get to  push up as far up the field as he would have liekd against Mexico, but nevertheless, a very crucial link between the defence and midfield.  Wouldn't replace him for the world, and I expect him to be ini better shape as he starts with LA.

Man does ha amnesia after games so they don't remember his contribution to the games
Plus he cyah beats.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tell him.  Without Birchall, we would have been about two more in the hole.  That fella is unrelenting.  Didn't get to  push up as far up the field as he would have liekd against Mexico, but nevertheless, a very crucial link between the defence and midfield.  Wouldn't replace him for the world, and I expect him to be ini better shape as he starts with LA.

Man does ha amnesia after games so they don't remember his contribution to the games
Plus he cyah beats.

And just run wile wile.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
quick question... what's jaggy's stats so far for the season?  ::)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile

Since when that makes a difference?  What is Glen and Noels?  Noel has been demoted to UPs reserve team and yet he is easily one of Latas most valuable players so far.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
drop jones
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Since when that makes a difference?  What is Glen and Noels?  Noel has been demoted to UPs reserve team and yet he is easily one of Latas most valuable players so far.

In fairness.....dahs not a performance issue...is a personality issue. He a man deserve his place based on performance.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

Another thing too- KEON DANIEL SHOULD BE THE DESIGNATED FREEKICK TAKER IF HE'S ON THE FIELD. The man has proven himself to be the best freekick taker we have, and prob among the top 3 in our history- why the hell did Carlos(who is our best player for years now still) take that freekick around the Mexican pen area in the 2nd half- he pushed Keon away from the ball after he had lined it up, and proceeded to blast the ball into the far post of the imaginary goal next to the real one. I'm sure Keon would have at least gotten that on target. That is the same shit that caused the pen miss in EL Salvador- and why we only have 2 pts instead of 4.

Keon Daniel is the designated taker of ALL set peices.

Totally agree , could not help but  :banginghead: the location of that free-kick was tailor-made for a left -footed strike with the ability to dip at the end. Look at where the goalkeeper positioned himself, he was prepared for Carlos as he covered the far post, I am sure he was aware of Carlos's goal in Tobago. Carlos is a flat ball striker whereas Keon has the ability to bend and dip with pace. This was a missed opportunity and Latas has to address this issue of senior players pulling rank over the junior players ,especially with freekicks from the mid to right side of the penalty area where Keon has a natural advantage.

Because maybe Carlos just came off a game scoring a FK from similar position.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Another thing too- KEON DANIEL SHOULD BE THE DESIGNATED FREEKICK TAKER IF HE'S ON THE FIELD. The man has proven himself to be the best freekick taker we have, and prob among the top 3 in our history- why the hell did Carlos(who is our best player for years now still) take that freekick around the Mexican pen area in the 2nd half- he pushed Keon away from the ball after he had lined it up, and proceeded to blast the ball into the far post of the imaginary goal next to the real one. I'm sure Keon would have at least gotten that on target. That is the same shit that caused the pen miss in EL Salvador- and why we only have 2 pts instead of 4.

Totally agree , could not help but  :banginghead: the location of that free-kick was tailor-made for a left -footed strike with the ability to dip at the end. Look at where the goalkeeper positioned himself, he was prepared for Carlos as he covered the far post, I am sure he was aware of Carlos's goal in Tobago. Carlos is a flat ball striker whereas Keon has the ability to bend and dip with pace. This was a missed opportunity and Latas has to address this issue of senior players pulling rank over the junior players ,especially with freekicks from the mid to right side of the penalty area where Keon has a natural advantage.

Maybe Carlos should have realized that he was scouted.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
wha it is wid everybody singing praises to Birchall, yuh would think he's de best ting since slice friggin bread ;)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
TI , ince is sh!t bredder! the man played 4 games in the hex and conceded 10 goals. yuh see dem two goals we conceded last night, i fully believe williams woulda save them, that and @ least two of the goals he conceded in tobago.

i watch all his games, and all he does do is bark and querrel every time ah ball come his way.

Are you kidding me?  What could he have done on the 2nd goal.....face facts it was an OUTSTANDING shot.  Ince is a valid 6ft 4" keeper and layed all out and you want him to save that goal?  The ball went where no keeper could have gotten it... none, no keeper....nada....

I agree he does yell at men too much though and sometimes for no apparent reason.

yea, that becoming real annoying to watch. but sometimes d yellin at d players is justified eh, like how he do yorke las nite

De look on Yorke face make mih feel sorry for him but ah wanted to laugh at the same time....he look like when you get a good bouff from yuh mammie.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall is huge value add to the squad dread... Maybe not your kind of player but when he's on the field our level of energy and intensity is higher and better.  He's an unsung work horse whose efforts can easily go unnoticed...He covers a tremendous amount of ground and he's one of the few players with the grit needed in the int'l game- last night he was tireless...and made some fearless crucial recoveries at the back- (one that first comes to mind is the saving defensive lunge where he risked his body to force the attacker to head wide under pressure)....

Jagdeo has a different set of gifts perphaps, but Kendall is not better than Birchall dread..absolutely not.

Last night on at least three times Birchall cover both Yorke and Daniel. Tracking down dem man way on the other side of the midfield, tackling and winning the ball.

Am I the ONLY one who saw that it was Birchall who tackled the Mexican and toe-poke the ball for Tinto to score? You need BOTH piano MOVERs as well as Piano PLAYERS for a concert... Birchall is to T&T what Makelele was to Chelsea, the man who does the dirty work to free up the creative players to do their job... Real Madrid didn't see Maka's value either...UNTIL he left

No Patriot you are not the only one who saw that.  Except Birchall tackled the Mexican causing him to turn around and make a horrible back pass which Tinto intercepted.  The ball came off the Mexican not Birchall but if it were not for Birchall hustling him he would not have been under pressure to make the sloppy back pass.

I will also never forget that it was Birchall who started the play that resulted in the 1st goal against the US last October.  Similar thing, hustle the US player take away the ball and pass it to Latapy...

Some one mentioned him getting subbed in the El Salvador game....uuummm who was the coach back den?....oh right the great tactician with plenty experience....ah eh goh even bother to type he name... ::)

Big up Birchall!!... :beermug: :notworthy:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

yuh right...since he scored in the previous game he shoulda automatically think he was scouted and not take anymore free kicks for the rest of the hex  ::)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Its time they drop all the foreign based, too old and slow, not up to par in the intl game. The costa rican commentator made an excellent point in the last game, why the hell tt dont play their young stars and drop these old men. I agree, the only person who is older who could add anything of substance to that impotent midfield is latas, no one else.

If jones doesnt have a creative mid to service him during the match, he shouldnt start, its pointless, a fellah like roberts should be there starting bc he runs at the defense, he can actually create and dribble. We dont have any wingers delivering quality crosses into jones, so why is he starting? Bc hes an epl starter? bullshit.

In fact, a fellah like jagdeo can do better than birchall and is a potential offensive threat at that, with tinto on the wing, edwards needs to realize that hes a bonified right back, its his natural position, he has the speed, the passing and the hustle to play the part well.

I hope we can get glen back and roberts bc they are needed, if we get samuel and zamora, even better.

Ince

edwards                thomas              samuel             pacheco

jagdeosingh/noel

tinto                     spann      zamora         daniel

roberts

subs:

abu bakr, adams, javed mohammed, jones, glen, yohance marshall, james, guerra, hyland

allyuh can add, its time the team get some young legs to start running and playing real football

nice thread TI - i agree that de crossing has been weak. does dis side fix dat problem?

as for memum, iz simple: no birchall, no brazil.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Its time they drop all the foreign based, too old and slow, not up to par in the intl game. The costa rican commentator made an excellent point in the last game, why the hell tt dont play their young stars and drop these old men. I agree, the only person who is older who could add anything of substance to that impotent midfield is latas, no one else.

If jones doesnt have a creative mid to service him during the match, he shouldnt start, its pointless, a fellah like roberts should be there starting bc he runs at the defense, he can actually create and dribble. We dont have any wingers delivering quality crosses into jones, so why is he starting? Bc hes an epl starter? bullshit.

In fact, a fellah like jagdeo can do better than birchall and is a potential offensive threat at that, with tinto on the wing, edwards needs to realize that hes a bonified right back, its his natural position, he has the speed, the passing and the hustle to play the part well.

I hope we can get glen back and roberts bc they are needed, if we get samuel and zamora, even better.

Ince

jagdeosingh/noel

roberts

subs:

abu bakr, adams, javed mohammed, jones, glen, yohance marshall, james, guerra, hyland

allyuh can add, its time the team get some young legs to start running and playing real football

nice thread TI - i agree that de crossing has been weak. does dis side fix dat problem?

actually it may, if you switch spann  with tinto and let tinto become a central mid and let spann try his hand at crosses, however jones needs it from both sides and daniel is a dribbler not a crosser, so the crossing will still be an issue, thats why its better to play roberts or glen instead of jones, bc they will run and dribble, all they need is good service from the mid and they will create, thats the difference.

What people need to realize is that trinidad can't play the crossing brand of football bc we dont have wingers with pin point accuracy, thats why we need to play a striker who can run at the defense, a dribbler.

our natural game is the short passing brand of football, plain and simple, the players may play in england but that brand hasnt gotten us anywhere. putting the ball on the ground and running is our game. the supporters need to realize that our english strikers have become so accustom to getting service from the wings in the epl that if they dont get this service they are useless, wcq is a different game all together, jones needs to swallow his pride and take a back seat, as a team we must know our limitations and strengths.

the supporters we have are trying to force a brand on the national team that is not working and isnt feasible.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 10:24:48 AM by Controversial »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall is huge value add to the squad dread... Maybe not your kind of player but when he's on the field our level of energy and intensity is higher and better.  He's an unsung work horse whose efforts can easily go unnoticed...He covers a tremendous amount of ground and he's one of the few players with the grit needed in the int'l game- last night he was tireless...and made some fearless crucial recoveries at the back- (one that first comes to mind is the saving defensive lunge where he risked his body to force the attacker to head wide under pressure)....

Jagdeo has a different set of gifts perphaps, but Kendall is not better than Birchall dread..absolutely not.

Last night on at least three times Birchall cover both Yorke and Daniel. Tracking down dem man way on the other side of the midfield, tackling and winning the ball.

Am I the ONLY one who saw that it was Birchall who tackled the Mexican and toe-poke the ball for Tinto to score? You need BOTH piano MOVERs as well as Piano PLAYERS for a concert... Birchall is to T&T what Makelele was to Chelsea, the man who does the dirty work to free up the creative players to do their job... Real Madrid didn't see Maka's value either...UNTIL he left

No Patriot you are not the only one who saw that.  Except Birchall tackled the Mexican causing him to turn around and make a horrible back pass which Tinto intercepted.  The ball came off the Mexican not Birchall but if it were not for Birchall hustling him he would not have been under pressure to make the sloppy back pass.

I will also never forget that it was Birchall who started the play that resulted in the 1st goal against the US last October.  Similar thing, hustle the US player take away the ball and pass it to Latapy...

Some one mentioned him getting subbed in the El Salvador game....uuummm who was the coach back den?....oh right the great tactician with plenty experience....ah eh goh even bother to type he name... ::)

I think Birchie found Carlos first...and Carlos crossed to Latas to score. Something like that...I just remember carlos had the cross in to latas...Birchie did the hard work in the earlies and made a nice run..Not sure if anyone else was involved.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nah Filho,  it was Birchall to Latapy in the middle of the field who made a typical Latapy pick-out-de-player-perfectly-pass to Carlos on the wing....he (Latapy) continued to run into the box along with Carlos.

Carlos then lifted the ball over the heads of about four US players to find Latapy who in turn found de net....
sweet, sweet, sweet from start to finish... :beermug:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allyuh making this guy sound like cafo. the fella ahite, but he's no lampard, and cant pass & screen ah ball tuh save his life.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allyuh making this guy sound like cafo. the fella ahite, but he's no lampard, and cant pass & screen ah ball tuh save his life.

Of course he's no Lampard, I can't remember any forumite saying he was.  However, until we find other players who could run the full 90, fight and hustle like he can, den leave him right there...
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nah Filho,  it was Birchall to Latapy in the middle of the field who made a typical Latapy pick-out-de-player-perfectly-pass to Carlos on the wing....he (Latapy) continued to run into the box along with Carlos.

Carlos then lifted the ball over the heads of about four US players to find Latapy who in turn found de net....

true dat..I though you were saying it was Birchie to Latas and then goal. I was just saying I remember Carlos was involved in de play as well. Now I reread you post I realize you were just calling it up to the end of Birchie's involvement in the play...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

To be honest..everyone really only praises Birchie for 2 things..his workrate and his shooting. But your statement about passing is untrue. Birchie is the only mf in the squad I see who successfully makes good driven cross field passes. Gives an added range to our mf passing.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

YUh missing the part where Scoland make the run across the box dragiing the defenders with him to free up Latapy.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

He came real close to scoring again just missing wide, not a bad effort at at. If he wa scouted then the Mexicans do a very poor job of setting the wall cause the ball went right through and the GK had to make a last ditch effort to get across goal. I believe if it was couple inches closer Mexico would have been in real trouble.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Palos u sleepin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Of course he's no Lampard, I can't remember any forumite saying he was.  However, until we find other players who could run the full 90, fight and hustle like he can, den leave him right there...
We do have such ah player! his name is darryl roberts. not only does he have skills, ball controll and passing ability, he also scores.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

We do have such ah player! his name is darryl roberts. not only does he have skills, ball controll and passing ability, he also scores.

try telling that my breddah to the scotland fans, who believe hes quality, imho hes a hound in intl football that is

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
JC your probably making Roberts one worried yute eh lol ,cause when he returns he better score orplay real good ,cause palos alone go start ah tread for we ,especially you doh .

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Darryl Roberts at about a 9 on de MarquisMeter right now.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile

Ince

jagdeosingh/noel

roberts

subs:

actually it may, if you switch spann  with tinto and let tinto become a central mid and let spann try his hand at crosses, however jones needs it from both sides and daniel is a dribbler not a crosser, so the crossing will still be an issue, thats why its better to play roberts or glen instead of jones, bc they will run and dribble, all they need is good service from the mid and they will create, thats the difference.

What people need to realize is that trinidad can't play the crossing brand of football bc we dont have wingers with pin point accuracy, thats why we need to play a striker who can run at the defense, a dribbler.

our natural game is the short passing brand of football, plain and simple, the players may play in england but that brand hasnt gotten us anywhere. putting the ball on the ground and running is our game. the supporters need to realize that our english strikers have become so accustom to getting service from the wings in the epl that if they dont get this service they are useless, wcq is a different game all together, jones needs to swallow his pride and take a back seat, as a team we must know our limitations and strengths.

the supporters we have are trying to force a brand on the national team that is not working and isnt feasible.

ah hear yuh with regards to playing within a player's capabilities. it may be "natural" in that it is what de current crop of footballers can perform. but let's hope it's not a "brand" - that make it sound like is by design when it is really a limitation. ah mean, wingers that cyah cross is not a brand, is a problem. t&t has had decent crossers in de past, so is not historical. let's see if latas make de short passing game happen.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Darryl Roberts at about a 9 on de MarquisMeter right now.
Breds not only do i lobby for darryl, i also lobby for jagdeosingh, julius james, and whitley. i often defend KJ when ppl want his head on a platter, stern as well.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
JC your probably making Roberts one worried yute eh lol ,cause when he returns he better score orplay real good ,cause palos alone go start ah tread for we ,especially you doh .
Breds i doh big up roberts more than some ppl here big up birchall. and if darryl got an opportunity and fail, then say what,

look how much opportunity aklie and keon got and they didn't come through, they got far more chances than roberts ever got tuh represent the team in qualifying.

BTW breds, i don't think roberts will flop, and if he don't score , i believe he will free up others tuh score, but i'm of the oppinion that he will score if given the opportunity.

it's the same sentiment i had about tinto, when man including all kinda players on their make up team they never thought tuh include tinto, now everybody catching tinto fever.

but when i saw the fella played , i said this guy is ah big asset to the team, but dunce ass pancho played tinto like darryl and dumped him for all kinda bums like leon, wolf, aklie and tousant. it have real talent in the team, but the big boys don't know how tuh use them, too bad , we could really do some damage in concacaf with the right players.

1]; } ?>