April 19, 2024, 10:28:12 AM

Author Topic: The bigger side: Real Madrid vs. Manchester United  (Read 5417 times)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
The bigger side: Real Madrid vs. Manchester United
« on: June 11, 2009, 04:19:51 PM »
Let's end this once and for all (and get we mind off Soca Warriors Football).

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/11062009/58/la-liga-s-bigger-united-real.html

RECENT SUCCESS

Since the start of the Premier League in 1992, United's level of dominance in the English game cannot be disputed.

They have won 11 league titles in that period, four FA Cups and two League Cups. They have also won two European Cups and are the current world champions.

Over the same period, Real have won just six domestic titles and two Spanish Cups. But they do have the edge over United in Europe, having won the title three times.

Nevertheless, Real failed to win anything last year while United enjoyed a treble - League, League Cup, World Club Cup - before losing in the Champions League final.

Who's better? United

- - -

HISTORICAL SUCCESS

While United have ruled in recent years, Real have been a more consistently dominant force than the English side. They have won a record 31 Liga titles, a record nine European Cups and 17 Spanish Cups.

United have been catching up in recent years but have a long way to go before they can match those figures.

Who's better? Real

« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 04:21:31 PM by acb »
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The bigger side: Real Madrid vs. Manchester United
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 04:21:35 PM »
Let's end this once and for all (and get we mind off Soca Warriors Football).

RECENT SUCCESS

Since the start of the Premier League in 1992, United's level of dominance in the English game cannot be disputed.

They have won 11 league titles in that period, four FA Cups and two League Cups. They have also won two European Cups and are the current world champions.

Over the same period, Real have won just six domestic titles and two Spanish Cups. But they do have the edge over United in Europe, having won the title three times.

Nevertheless, Real failed to win anything last year while United enjoyed a treble - League, League Cup, World Club Cup - before losing in the Champions League final.

Who's better? United

- - -

HISTORICAL SUCCESS

While United have ruled in recent years, Real have been a more consistently dominant force than the English side. They have won a record 31 Liga titles, a record nine European Cups and 17 Spanish Cups.

United have been catching up in recent years but have a long way to go before they can match those figures.

Who's better? Real

you answered it

Presently United... Historically..how do you say Rentboys in Spanish?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 04:22:41 PM »
how do you say Rentboys in Spanish?

Hombres Unidos.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 04:23:18 PM »
you answered it

that skinny Spanish waiter, Pep, served up a can of whoopass to that fat F**K Alex Ferguson - and he wipe he plate clean.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 04:30:15 PM »
you answered it

that skinny Spanish waiter, Pep, served up a can of whoopass to that fat F**K Alex Ferguson - and he wipe he plate clean.

you ok mate?  Wasnt the thread title who's bigger between Utd and Madrid...where you come with Pep and Barca

f**king crackheads yes

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 06:41:37 PM »
what you mean by 'bigger'?

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 07:04:17 PM »
Because Man U has more titles than Real since 92 doesnt mean they are the bigger side. Is Jabloteh  the bigger side over DC United? I don't know....It cud be that the level of opposition that Jabloteh faces is not as tough as the level DC United faces....Maybe the depth of the league is stronger in the MLS....maybe, I'm not sure......

Also I think it is insulting to say Man U won a treble this yr...Treble is referred to as your league, domestic cup and CL...no one else in Europe plays a league cup....dat is just another way to make some money..it might be better to say they won three trophies, but to say treble might be misleading.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 07:21:17 PM »
jabloteh or w connection????????
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 06:14:18 AM »
Who is the bigger side? Simple answer...

Look at it this way: how many men ever leave Real to go to ManU?Hmm..if you find one let me know.

In the past decade, how many men leave ManU to go to Real? Please note that they were all starters on ManU side when they left, eh.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 06:23:10 AM »
Doh worry... just as Beckham did @ Madrid so too will Ronaldo and Kaka... I really doh understand other than money why Kaka would waste his time at RM.

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 09:02:03 AM »
I'm not really a fan of either team, but I know that ManU has the youthful exuberance where Real has tremendous experience. Noone really knows how good Real can be or will be, because you can't just buy great players and expect them to shine as a team- ManCity today and Real of the Mid-2000's are great examples.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 09:11:48 AM »
Doh worry... just as Beckham did @ Madrid so too will Ronaldo and Kaka... I really doh understand other than money why Kaka would waste his time at RM.

The same way big players in England 'waste' their time at manU and Liverpool when they weren't winning anything. Big side is big side..and Real Madrid is still a more coveted side than ManU for most professionals who don't have some type of UK passport. It is the most storied club in Europe, has won the most European Cups/Champion's Leagues and historically is capable of attracting the kinds of players ManU can only dream about. Not to mention..Madrid as a city is more appealing than Manchester.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 09:12:46 AM »
BARCELONA ::)
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 09:35:20 AM »

The thing is RM is a big side (I'll admit) but I think another reason Kaka and Christiano went is because they already conquered their respective leagues and played in 2 CL finals and won one each. They have nothing to prove in Italy and England again so move on while you are young and still in your prime.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 09:48:20 AM »

The same way big players in England 'waste' their time at manU and Liverpool when they weren't winning anything. Big side is big side..and Real Madrid is still a more coveted side than ManU for most professionals who don't have some type of UK passport. It is the most storied club in Europe, has won the most European Cups/Champion's Leagues and historically is capable of attracting the kinds of players ManU can only dream about. Not to mention..Madrid as a city is more appealing than Manchester.

The man name is Daft Trini. Why you going into all that explanation?

Dem ManU men living in a bubble. Fox Sports and Setanta brainwash dem fellas in to believing that ManU/EPL is the be all and end all to club football.

Leave dem nuh man, all the men who watching and following football pre fox sports know better.

Més que un club.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 09:53:38 AM »
Not a fan of either team but you cannot really compare either due to the way they are run and the history of the two leagues they are in. Due to the recent transfers we now know Real is run more like a Sporting institution than a business (IMO the way truely iconic clubs should be run).They have many more avenues open to them than Utd to acquire revenue. For instance Utd cannot negotiate their own TV deal, Real can and has! The role of presidents and how they get elected at Real also gives Madrid a potential financial advantage over United. So long as Real manage their teams well they will generally be challenging for some trophy each season as paying for a steady supply of good players isn't as big and issue for them as other teams. They also attract big players cause everyone likes a winner. The Spanish league, similar to Scotland has historically been a Two horse race with the occasional challenge from a 3rd (Athletico) or 4th side (any other) trying to jump the que. Which sides get the bulk of support in Scotland...who gets the bulk of Support in Spain? In England teams have had spells of success(Forest, Arsenal, Leeds) even era's I guess (liverpool, United) but never the sustained success of Real, Barca, Rangers or Celtic. The Fan base is more widely spread and historically the challengers for the title (until recently) have been much bigger in number than in Spain.

In a nutshell.....It's a lot easier for Real to continue being successful and a lot harder for United to sustain success. If both clubs were run the same way then the debate would have been fairer and depending on which management style you chose to run them with, I garauntee their records would have been very different than what they are today.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 12:10:16 PM »
Today (as in currently in the eyes of the most active football watching demographic) I think Barcelona & Man U are the biggest brands in club football.

Of all time, I think Real Madrid, Liverpool & AC Milan still hold the advantage of being considered the biggest footballing brands historically.

I'm not measuring the tangibles of trophies & money etc...just my opinion of the size of the brand. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 12:22:15 PM »
This answers some people's questions (in a kind of broad manner) about RM's ability to spend so much on players and gives gabriele marcotti's opinion on why RM is the biggest brand in world football...well he thinks it's fact. but i think there are many measures of 'biggest' club or 'biggest brand'. I tend to agree with him about RM being the biggest brand tho.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/gabriele_marcotti/06/11/real.madrid/index.html

Nine years ago, Florentino Pérez walked into the game and ushered in a new era. Call it "the Galáctico Age," call it "the Zidanes y Pavones experiment," call it the destruction of conventional wisdom, call it what you like.

Either way, Pérez turned the game on its head with the acquisition in successive years of Luís Figo, Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldo and David Beckham. It wasn't just the size of the transfer fees that shocked the world, it was the fact that Real was strolling in and securing top players from some of its direct competitors, something that had never been attempted on such a scale.

Now, history is repeating itself. After signing Kaká from AC Milan for $92 million last week, Real Madrid now has picked up Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United for a world record $131 million (assuming the reigning FIFA World Player of the Year agrees to personal terms with Madrid, which is almost a formality at this point). That's a combined $223 million splashed out on the next generation of Galácticos, and the club isn't done yet. And the man pulling the strings is, once again, Pérez, just 11 days after returning to the Real presidency, a job from which he had to resign in disgrace in February 2006.

Then, as now, the world is shocked. Questions abound. How can Real afford to splash out such sums? Why does everyone want to flock to the Bernabéu? And does this signal a rebirth for a side that, on the European stage, has come up short of late, witness five straight years of failing to make the quarterfinals of the Champions League?

The answer to the first question is multi-layered. Real has some built-in advantages that no other club has. For a start, it's not a for-profit business; it's essentially a public trust with tremendous social and political clout, which means it has access to favorable lines of credit to a degree unmatched by other clubs. It also enjoys the game's richest domestic TV deal: $223 million a season, which is more than double what Manchester United gets.

Throw in other factors, like a tax regime that allows foreign players to pay 23 to 25 percent in tax (rather than upwards of 40 percent) for the first five years they're in the country and a commercial/sponsorship department that is among the very best in the world and you get your answer. Real Madrid is the biggest brand in the game, maybe in all of sports. And it knows how to exploit that fact.

As for why Ronaldo and Kaká agreed to leave, it wasn't just about money. Part of it was the lure of the Bernabéu, coupled with the fact that they already delivered silverware to their previous clubs. In Kaká's case, Milan's wobbly financial situation played a part as well. As for Ronaldo, the weather, the lifestyle, the proximity to home and, probably, the fact that Sir Alex Ferguson turns 68 this year and isn't getting any younger (though some, like me, often wonder if he isn't immortal like the Highlander) all came into play.

The fact that the Champions League final will be played in Madrid next year and that winning it would bring the club's total to 10 isn't lost on anyone. To be truly competitive though, there is still work to be done. Real needs a central defender and, probably, a holding midfielder, too. It also needs to sell some of its leftover stars -- Rafael van der Vaart, Arjen Robben, maybe Wesley Sneijder -- and do so at a reasonable price.

Most of all, it needs to keep everyone happy, starting with Raúl. Unless he reverts to playing as a left winger, there's no rational spot for him on this team. And it's unimaginable to think he might go anywhere else.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 12:31:09 PM »
Well there seems to be a question about whether it's historically or currently. In Basketball we have Lakers, Celtics, and Knicks as great franchises. In American Football it have Dallas Cowboys . . .Baseball Ny Yankees, Dodgers, Mets, In real football it have Liverpool, ManU, Real Madrid, etc. But I guess the question is about current dynasty. It appears that ManU is king for the last few years.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 01:02:48 PM »
ManU is the most valuable club on the planet. The clubs are structured and run very differently, and RM's valuation requires some assumptions (given ManU's recent purchase, and more traditional debt and equity, I'm going to assume its valuation is fairly accurate). However, the top 20 most valuable clubs includes some teams that aren't particularly successful on the European stage. Still..ManU 1 - RM 0

RM generates more revenue and income than any other club. But again, this isn't a great measure since both clubs are run very differently and RM benefits from some structural and tax-based advantages. Still ManU 1- RM 1

RM has the huger TV deal. Much huger. This is a better measure of demand and supply. But it is not a perfect measure of which team is more watched. But in an ideal world it is a decent measure of marketing power. Teams with bigger markets tend to be able to negotiate better TV deals. But there are other considerations...revenue sharing etc...which make this measure a bit shakier than it looks on paper. ManU 1 - RM 2

In terms of brand value, the latest valuation I could find was done by a NY agency called BBDO in 2007 which had RM's brand worth most, followed by Barca and then manU. In two years that could have changed. In any case, there is little difference and ManU and RM seem to go back and forth in terms of brand value. A point each. ManU 2 - RM 3

In terms of recent tangible success, ManU trumps RM in Europe. Won't compare domestically cuz it's not really apples and apples. It's hard to do appleas and apples with anything, but European competition is as good a balance playing field as any. However, in recent encounters Ithink RM still holds the better European head to head (someone should correct me if i'm wrong-going off memory here). Still have to give this one to ManU. ManU 3 - RM 3

In terms of historical success in Europe...well, no contest really. ManU 3 - RM 4

In terms of being able to attract the world's biggest stars..RM wins that too. Man U 3- RM 5

Fun debate..requires a little subjectivity and interpretation. Depends on what aspects of club success you analyze. In my eyes, RM wins out as the 'bigger' club in a slight upset for de ManU fans. But this come like trying to compare two very beautiful women.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 01:07:01 PM by Filho »

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 02:11:41 PM »
ManU is the most valuable club on the planet. The clubs are structured and run very differently, and RM's valuation requires some assumptions (given ManU's recent purchase, and more traditional debt and equity, I'm going to assume its valuation is fairly accurate). However, the top 20 most valuable clubs includes some teams that aren't particularly successful on the European stage. Still..ManU 1 - RM 0

RM generates more revenue and income than any other club. But again, this isn't a great measure since both clubs are run very differently and RM benefits from some structural and tax-based advantages. Still ManU 1- RM 1

RM has the huger TV deal. Much huger. This is a better measure of demand and supply. But it is not a perfect measure of which team is more watched. But in an ideal world it is a decent measure of marketing power. Teams with bigger markets tend to be able to negotiate better TV deals. But there are other considerations...revenue sharing etc...which make this measure a bit shakier than it looks on paper. ManU 1 - RM 2

In terms of brand value, the latest valuation I could find was done by a NY agency called BBDO in 2007 which had RM's brand worth most, followed by Barca and then manU. In two years that could have changed. In any case, there is little difference and ManU and RM seem to go back and forth in terms of brand value. A point each. ManU 2 - RM 3

In terms of recent tangible success, ManU trumps RM in Europe. Won't compare domestically cuz it's not really apples and apples. It's hard to do appleas and apples with anything, but European competition is as good a balance playing field as any. However, in recent encounters Ithink RM still holds the better European head to head (someone should correct me if i'm wrong-going off memory here). Still have to give this one to ManU. ManU 3 - RM 3

In terms of historical success in Europe...well, no contest really. ManU 3 - RM 4

In terms of being able to attract the world's biggest stars..RM wins that too. Man U 3- RM 5

Fun debate..requires a little subjectivity and interpretation. Depends on what aspects of club success you analyze. In my eyes, RM wins out as the 'bigger' club in a slight upset for de ManU fans. But this come like trying to compare two very beautiful women.

great post ... but I'll fancy finding hotter women in Madrid over Old Trafford any day of the week.
I'm sure even Cristiano Ronaldo realised that he was prettier than all the hags at Old Trafford.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 04:33:11 PM »

great post ... but I'll fancy finding hotter women in Madrid over Old Trafford any day of the week.
I'm sure even Cristiano Ronaldo realised that he was prettier than all the hags at Old Trafford.

Had to give this a laugh.  :D
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2009, 08:38:31 PM »

– 10 Top Players Who Left Man Utd

Cristiano Ronaldo is on his way to Real Madrid for a fee in the region of €94m. Carlo Garganese looks at 10 big names who left Old Trafford, and whether they were a success at their new club…
11 Jun 2009 16:30:19

Johnny Giles to Leeds – 1963 (£33k)

Irishman Giles came through at United in the aftermath of the Munich Air Disaster, and established himself as one of Britain’s most promising youngsters, playing an important role in the FA Cup victory of 1963. He then demanded a transfer, joining Leeds United, where he would spend 12 brilliant years, winning two league titles. One of the greats of the English game.

Transfer success: 9/10

Ray Wilkins to AC Milan – 1984 (£1.5m)

Departed Old Trafford after five decent years controlling the midfield, the highlight being lifting the FA Cup in 1983 - even scoring in the final against Brighton. Moved to the mighty Milan, and had three sound years in the fashion capital, but the Rossoneri were building after two relegations to Serie B, and Wilkins just missed out on the Silvio Berlusconi glory of the late 1980s.

Transfer success: 6/10

Mark Hughes to Barcelona – 1986 (£2m)

Burst onto the scene in the first half of the 1980s, and became a crowd favourite, scoring a hatful of goals. Terry Venables signed the Welshman for Barcelona in 1986 along with Gary Linker, but unlike the former Everton man, ‘Sparky’ had a disastrous season, scoring just four goals. He was loaned out to Bayern Munich, before returning to enjoy renewed success at Man Utd.

Hughes flopped in Catalonia

Transfer success: 2/10

Paul McGrath to Aston Villa – 1989 (£400k)

A truly brilliant defender, who would have been even better had he not been ‘drunk’ half the time he trained and played. McGrath won one FA Cup with United, but by 1989 his career was said to be virtually over due to injuries and alcohol problems. Aston Villa took a chance on the 29-year-old, and he would go on to become one of the club’s best-ever players over the next seven years, even being named PFA Player of the Year in 1993.

McGrath is a legend at Villa Park

Transfer Success: 9/10

Andrei Kanchelskis to Everton – 1995 (£4.5m)

One of the Premier League’s best wingers after its formation, Kanchelskis was a key reason for Manchester United’s dominance between 1992 and 1995, but he fell out with Sir Alex Ferguson, and surprisingly moved to Everton for a then club record Goodison Park fee. The Russian had a superb first season, scoring twice in the Merseyside Derby against Liverpool, but moved to Fiorentina for £8m the following term, where he was an almighty injury flop. Yet, Everton made a great profit.

Transfer Success: 7/10

Paul Ince to Inter – 1995 (£7.5m)

‘The Guvnor’ was involved in a number of controversial transfers during his career, and one was his move from Man Utd to Inter. At Old Trafford he had been the midfield lynchpin of the side that dominated the early years of the Premier League.

Ince was a midfield terrier at Inter

In 1995, Serie A was far-and-away the best league in the world, but Ince impressed in his two years at San Siro, missing out on UEFA Cup glory on penalty kicks. One of the few Englishmen to do well in Italy.

Lee Sharpe to Leeds United – 1996 (£4.5m)

Before Ryan Giggs, there was another phenomenal winger that delighted the Stretford End. His name was Lee Sharpe, and he was named PFA Player of the Year in 1991 after dazzling in the European Cup Winners’ Cup success that year. However, his form and fitness dipped after the emergence of Giggs, and he was allowed to join Leeds in 1996, still only 25. Sharpe never rediscovered any kind of form – he was simply burnt-out by his mid-twenties.

Transfer Success: 1/10

Jaap Stam to Lazio – 2001 (£16.5m)

During his peak at Manchester United, Stam was arguably the best centre back in the world, and he single-handedly held the defence together during their historic treble-winning season in 1999. After three stellar years in the Premier League, some controversial comments made in his autobiography about Sir Alex Ferguson led to the Dutchman being offloaded to Lazio. The Biancocelesti were on their way to financial meltdown at the time, but Stam still excelled, and he would later move on to Milan and lose that Champions League Final to Liverpool.

Stam was a rock at the back for United, then Lazio

David Beckham to Real Madrid – 2003 (£25m)

Graduating from the Man Utd youth academy, Beckham spent 10 glorious years in the senior team, winning a whole host of honours, including six Premier League titles, two FA Cups and a Champions League. Like Stam, he fell out with Ferguson, and was sold to the Real Madrid Galacticos. He was unfortunate to join an ageing team, but he finished his four years on a high by finally win La Liga under Fabio Capello in 2007.

Transfer Success: 6/10

Ruud Van Nistelrooy to Real Madrid – 2006 (£11m)

After five prolific seasons at Man Utd where he scored 150 goals, winning one Premier League crown, Van Nistelrooy’s relationship with Ferguson also deteriorated and he left for Fabio Capello’s Real Madrid in the summer of 2006. It was a masterstroke by Capello, as the Dutchman fired home 25 league goals to take the Blancos to their first title since 2003. Van Nistelrooy scored another 16 the following campaign as Madrid retained the championship.

Goal machine in Madrid

Transfer Success: 8/10

Cristiano Ronaldo To Real Madrid – 2009 (£80m)

Top or Flop?
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2009, 08:45:35 PM »
Freak,
buh eh eh
steeeuuups :D
wha bout Dwight Yorke to Blackburn Rovers for £2 million ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2009, 08:57:12 PM »
i jus posting  i didnt make d list. but alot ah players does apparently fall out with sir alex

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2009, 09:20:11 PM »
i jus posting  i didnt make d list. but alot ah players does apparently fall out with sir alex

Fergie motto is his way or the highway. Which helps keep discipline in line. Strangely enuff....Ruud left cuz he had some grouse with Ronaldo and apparently was heckling him about his father who had just recently died......and when censured for it...got worse.....and fergie shipped him out.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2009, 09:41:06 PM »
On 9 May 2006, Setanta Sports reported that Van Nistelrooy's exclusion from the squad was due to a training session fight between him and team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo. Van Nistelrooy allegedly criticised Ronaldo's tendency to hold onto the ball instead of passing to his team-mates, which sparked the fight, after which Van Nistelrooy remarked, "Go crying to your daddy." The article claimed that this was not a reference to Ronaldo's father (who had died earlier in the season), but to United's Portuguese assistant coach, Carlos Queiroz.[6]

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 11:54:57 AM »
rumour has it that Manchester United is in the running to sign Liverpool's Fernando Torres.

The financial problems at Liverpool are no secret - and we all know that Rafa does NOT run the show at 'pool.
Selling any player to ManU would be considered treason at Liverpool by the fans at any expense, but from an ownership standpoint, it would be a shrewd business decision that could save the club serious administrative blushes.

ManU has the money from the CRonaldo sale to acquire Torres, but does ManU have the draw to pull Torres from ManU - and if they're not able to secure/ lure a player "not for sale" within the English program, does it then mean that ManU is a smaller side than Liverpool as well? ... and would a Torres refusal to go to ManU indicate that they are not bigger or more desirable to play for, than Liverpool.

If ManU is the biggest side with the best coach - shouldn't every player in that league aspire/want to play for that side?

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2009, 09:47:55 AM »

Henry: "This will never work."
Homoaldo: "Just shut up and smuggle meh to Spain before Sir Alex sees me!"

Més que un club.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile