April 27, 2024, 10:57:46 AM

Author Topic: gender reassignment  (Read 1600 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
gender reassignment
« on: June 12, 2009, 12:23:24 PM »
Cher's daughter undergoing gender reassignment process

ET has confirmed Sonny Bono and Cher's daughter, Chastity Bono, is in the process of transitioning from a female to a male. ???

Chastity is in the early stages of the gender reassignment and started the process earlier this year following his 40th birthday.

Bono's publicist told ET, "Yes, it's true -- Chaz, after many years of consideration, has made the courageous decision to honor his true identity."

"He is proud of his decision and grateful for the support and respect that has already been shown by his loved ones. It is Chaz's hope that his choice to transition will open the hearts and minds of the public regarding this issue, just as his 'coming out' did nearly 20 years ago," the rep went on to say.

The rep also asked for the media to respect Chaz's privacy, and noted that he will not be doing interviews at this time.

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: gender reassignment
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 02:21:41 PM »

good decision

I guess ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 03:50:20 AM »
dis world...

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 03:22:21 PM »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 05:45:18 PM »
oh my! How tall is he? Guessing by the car at average height, looks like quite a stature.
But say what. At least he is being what he knows he is, some of us are not brave or aware enough to discover our true selves.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 04:28:23 PM »
Cher struggles, but supports child's sex change
Says she respects Chaz's courage, will strive to be understanding
Reuters
updated 5:51 p.m. PT, Thurs., June 18, 2009
LOS ANGELES - Cher has struggled to understand her child's decision to have a sex change operation but remains supportive and respectful of the courage it takes, the pop star said in a statement on Thursday.

Formerly Chastity Bono, the 40-year-old is the child of Cher and Sonny Bono and now goes by the name Chaz Bono. Chaz has begun operations and hormone treatments to become a man.

"Chaz is embarking on a difficult journey, but one that I will support," Cher, 63, said in a statement to People magazine and other celebrity media outlets.

"I respect the courage it takes to go through with this transition in the glare of public scrutiny, and although I may not understand, I will strive to be understanding. The one thing that will never change is my abiding love for my child."

Bono long ago came out of the closet as a lesbian and wrote in a 1998 memoir of how Cher reacted with horror to the news. Earlier this week, Bono revealed plans for the sex change.

In a long career, Cher has enjoyed hit songs such as "If I Could Turn Back Time" and "Believe." In the 1960s, she partnered with Sonny for hits like "I Got You Babe" and "The Beat Goes On." The pair had a hit television show in the 1970s. Sonny, who went on to a career in politics, died in 1998.

Copyright 2009 Reuters. Click for restrictions.
URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31435368/ns/entertainment-celebrities/

MSN Privacy . Legal
© 2009 MSNBC.com

oh my! How tall is he? Guessing by the car at average height, looks like quite a stature.
But say what. At least he is being what he knows he is, some of us are not brave or aware enough to discover our true selves.
wha ya tryin to tell us QM?  :devil: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 05:36:39 PM »
 ;D doh try dat, yuh cah get more female dan me, but I always wanted to be a photographer for National Geographic...I was never brave enough to set out on that path and had no encouragement to try.

Is not quite as radical as gender reassignment but still...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 05:40:29 PM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 05:46:07 PM »
I always wanted to be a photographer for National Geographic...
ya lie
you TOO
every time I pass a Nationl Geographic magazine my index finger does twitch :D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 07:17:25 PM »
I always wanted to be a photographer for National Geographic...
ya lie
you TOO
every time I pass a Nationl Geographic magazine my index finger does twitch :D
Since I small and read my first NG. But 'chile you cah pay rent wid taking snaps!' and 'dais jes a expensive hobby!' sorta drove that wish underground for years...
aah well, it all took me to this place in my life and it is a sweet place with a sweet lil family. Ah not complaining.

1]; } ?>