April 25, 2024, 04:04:41 PM

Author Topic: Confederations Cup Thread  (Read 121725 times)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Confederations Cup Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2009, 03:17:45 PM »
see i was wondering about that decision in the Brazil game. It seemed that the decision was made that it was a corner and then the ref looked at the big screen and changed his mind.
I thought in tournaments the people running the screen were not allowed to show replays of contentious decisions.

edit: I now seeing they said it was the fourth official...but my question still remains if the ref cud look at a big screen for a replay?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 03:19:25 PM by NYtriniwhiteboy.. »
Back in Trini...

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2009, 03:35:29 PM »
??? I'm watching this USA game and I can't believe this SH!T forward Altidore ran rings around our team...really really sad!!!

why woud anyone want to compare us to world champions Italy?

Nobody eh comparing us to Italy...look at the post again ...Altidore is a SH!T forward he cah trap, loses the ball , no shot...but yet he ran circles around us ...conclusion???...we had a SH!T defence on the field that day...nuthin new being said there...just a sad note about our defence !!!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2009, 03:48:42 PM »
...Altidore is a SH!T forward he cah trap, loses the ball , no shot...but yet he ran circles around us

You comparing Altidore to KJ now?  :devil:

That is just how man does describe KJ play. Maybe if KJ play against T&T we'll see how good he could be.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2009, 03:56:17 PM »
Egypt lodge protest over alleged "video evidence"
Soccernet.com

Brazilian coach Dunga dismissed the matter as "Egypt's problem, not ours".

What stupid statement to make. His arse is on the line but to say this is absolutely senseless. It is a problem of the footballing world.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2009, 04:12:23 PM »
But it was a penalty. Not taking anything away from the Egyptians. They deserved at least a point. They could have won the game also.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2009, 04:15:09 PM »
Soccernet.com

What stupid statement to make. His arse is on the line but to say this is absolutely senseless. It is a problem of the footballing world.

Nope. He's absolutely right. The right call was made and Brazil should not care, just like Egypt would not give a dam if it went the other way. It's not like the ref made a decision that cheated Egypt out of a rightful draw. Egypt tried to cheat..yuh eh see how the defender drop like he get shot. I for one am glad..not because I am openly a Brazil fan, but because when people cheat they should get caught. FIFA has decisions to make regarding video evidence and what to do about refs who break their rules, but that is FIFA and Egypt's problem. Brazil should be happy and relieved to get the right call. If T&T played the US and we should have won a game cuz the US cheated and the ref missed it...I'd be more than happy if the 4th official came to the rescue and we won the game on a call that we shoud rightfully have. It opens questions, but that is an off the field matter now. The right decision was made.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2009, 04:30:33 PM »
??? I'm watching this USA game and I can't believe this SH!T forward Altidore ran rings around our team...really really sad!!!

Nobody eh comparing us to Italy...look at the post again ...Altidore is a SH!T forward he cah trap, loses the ball , no shot...but yet he ran circles around us ...conclusion???...we had a SH!T defence on the field that day...nuthin new being said there...just a sad note about our defence !!!

well you mentioned our team, so is you who introduce the idea of cause and effect, and so I am just doing the same. If you only wanted to say the man was shite, pure and simple, there is no need to mention T&T. But you saying he is shite but look good against our defense. no? If his looking good has something to do with our defense, it stands to reason his looking shite may have something to do with Italy. That was all I was saying. In any case, de youth have good technique..maybe it was a bad game. Maybe his form fall off. Maybe he eh ready for that level of ball..but I wouldn't judge him off one game.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2009, 11:10:27 PM »
usa 1 - italy 0. usa with 10 men (ricardo clarke sent off).

altidore draws a penalty. donovan converts.

chiellini at fault.

HT.

We like the rest of the world don't appreciate America football and doh take them seriously.But I'm saying America is a big side in World football and who doh hear will feel.It is time to start appreciating American soccer.Hopefully we can learn a ting or two from them.

As you were saying...?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2009, 11:14:13 PM »
Soccernet.com

Nope. He's absolutely right. The right call was made and Brazil should not care, just like Egypt would not give a dam if it went the other way. It's not like the ref made a decision that cheated Egypt out of a rightful draw. Egypt tried to cheat..yuh eh see how the defender drop like he get shot. I for one am glad..not because I am openly a Brazil fan, but because when people cheat they should get caught. FIFA has decisions to make regarding video evidence and what to do about refs who break their rules, but that is FIFA and Egypt's problem. Brazil should be happy and relieved to get the right call. If T&T played the US and we should have won a game cuz the US cheated and the ref missed it...I'd be more than happy if the 4th official came to the rescue and we won the game on a call that we shoud rightfully have. It opens questions, but that is an off the field matter now. The right decision was made.

Well said, Filho.  Cosign word for word.

well you mentioned our team, so is you who introduce the idea of cause and effect, and so I am just doing the same. If you only wanted to say the man was shite, pure and simple, there is no need to mention T&T. But you saying he is shite but look good against our defense. no? If his looking good has something to do with our defense, it stands to reason his looking shite may have something to do with Italy. That was all I was saying. In any case, de youth have good technique..maybe it was a bad game. Maybe his form fall off. Maybe he eh ready for that level of ball..but I wouldn't judge him off one game.

Agree with everyting you say here, too, except, I think he's overrated but not off one game. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2009, 03:37:55 AM »
yea but the usa wanted him to give up his italian citizenship

You need to improve your research.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2009, 03:39:06 AM »
Short-handed U.S. runs out of steam against Italy

It's safe to say that angst, hand-wringing, and gnashing of teeth weren't originally on the itinerary of the U.S. men's national team when the squad left for the Confederations Cup last week. But in the wake of its 3-1 loss to Italy on Monday, all three elements are now present in abundance, as a game effort from the Americans wasn't enough to overcome a dubious red card to U.S. midfielder Ricardo Clark as well as two goals from Italy's U.S.-born forward, Giuseppe Rossi.

Was Clark's ejection questionable? Let's just say that there are works of fiction with more basis in fact than the U.S. midfielder's 33rd-minute dismissal. Yes, Clark deserved to be cautioned for his knee-high tackle on Italy's Gennaro Gattuso, and it was a completely unnecessary foul at that, coming as it did in the middle third of the field. But some other rugged fouls didn't even merit a booking from referee Pablo Pozo, and his decision to send off Clark defies belief.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2009, 04:30:17 AM »
Altidore is a SH!T forward he cah trap, loses the ball , no shot...but yet he ran circles around us

Altidore's wicked cut move that burned your big, goofy giraffe of a central defender for the 2nd goal also sold Chiellini, one of the top central defenders in Europe.

So don't feel so bad. 
- Xavi

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2009, 07:57:00 AM »
I see the US game and I dont know how some men could say Altidore is shit....... the yute have skills? Some of allyuh jus biase. In second half he fizzle out , but he is a good player.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2009, 07:59:33 AM »
oh my god!
just saw the italian goals
effin bullets!
if that was TnT playing, i'd expect nothing less than 5 from the italians

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2009, 08:35:19 AM »
I see the US game and I dont know how some men could say Altidore is shit....... the yute have skills? Some of allyuh jus biase. In second half he fizzle out , but he is a good player.

Ras yuh done know is all kinda man does be on here, men if yuh meet dem in real life and hear dem talk yuh go be asking quizzically, 'he's ah kinda c&^t or wha?"
so allow dem fellahs to call ah 19-year wha playing for de US National team/Red Bulls/Villarreal/Xerez ah shithound, dem know best...

Jozy Altidore has set a number of records in his YOUNG career.
-Youngest player to score in Major League Soccer Play-offs.
-Youngest American to score in their first international start.
-Youngest American to score in a World Cup Qualifier.
-Youngest American to score a hat trick in World Cup Qualifier.
-First US International to score in Spain's La Liga
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2009, 08:42:32 AM »

Ent?  He good enough to buss we net 3 times, that is all that matters.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2009, 08:43:40 AM »
Jozy is a good player- and he's 19 let's not forget.  His touch was a bit hard yesterday... not sure if it's always like that, but I'll take a 19 year old striker mixing it up with the World Champs and holding his own over anything we have in our Nat'l roster.

The U.S. played ok- solid & organized but they didn't create enough to contest the game- I felt like the Italians were always in control of the match.  Altidore took a dive for the PK but I guess they deserved it following the very very harsh red card.

Brazil didn't look fluid but somehow yuh knew they would find a way to win that game- Brazil knows how to win even when they don't play well...it's been a mantra of theirs for a while- they score more goals than the opposition and that's the over-arching fundamental of the game- they also know how to lift/adjust their performances when needed to...part of what makes them one of the best in the game.  A Brazil-Spain final would be a dream matchup.    
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2009, 08:56:33 AM »
I find Altidore good.I don't even like American players.

Offline sHOTTA)

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2009, 09:48:28 AM »
In my opinion USA played with alot of heart and character yesterday. They went down a man with the sending off of Clark and rightfully so but they stuck in there and thats what good teams do. In the end they ran out of stream but credit to Italy, they played decent. Technically we witness how well organized USA team is and although they deserved to be in the Confeds, I would of rather seen Costa Rica or TNT in there instead.

Lucky Italians this time, well taken penalty Dono! Rossi the backstabber, we feed this kid and he come back to bite we in the @ss

Oh and btw WTF EGYPT... SORE LOSERS MUCH? IT WAS A HAND BALL, END OF DISCUSSION.

LOL @! South Africa.. I never saw someone UNSCORE AH GOAL LOOLOL! CLASSIC EPIC!

And SPAIN LOOOKIN REL HARD EH FELLAS... Italy vs Spain = Dream final. Brazil there to make the numbers.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:51:08 AM by sHOTTA) »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »
Rossi's gamble starts to pay off in South Africa

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9688898/Rossi%27s-gamble-starts-to-pay-off-in-South-Africa

Four years ago, then-United States coach Bruce Arena offered the talented New Jersey-born striker a chance to play at the 2006 World Cup. Most teenagers would have jumped at the opportunity.

Not Rossi.

Born to Italian immigrants, Rossi always had his eyes set on playing for the national team of his parents and ancestors.

"It was tough to say no to an offer like that, especially when you're only 18 and they're offering you a chance to play in the World Cup," Rossi said Tuesday, a day after coming off the bench and scoring two goals for Italy in a 3-1 win over the 10-man United States.

"But ever since I was little I watched this team and it was my dream to play for Italy. Thank God it's all working out."

Rossi was born in Teaneck and grew up in Clifton, New Jersey. He left the United States 10 years ago to join Parma's youth system.

"The move was very, very tough for my family, my mom, my sister. I was only 12," Rossi said. "It was a big step for me to go to Italy, but I needed to in order to develop as a player. The soccer in Italy is the best in the world. I grew tremendously in those five years."

When he was 18, Rossi received an offer to move to Manchester United.

"The three years I spent with United was the first time I played with the first team and great players," Rossi said, alternating with ease between Italian and English. "It was a great learning experience for me."

After a stint at Newcastle, and then back to Parma, Rossi has become a standout with Villarreal in Spain, and he led all scorers at the Beijing Olympics with four goals with Italy's under-23 team.

Despite all his travels, Rossi still has deep ties to the United States, and he speaks English more naturally than Italian.

"For me, the U.S. is home," he said. "I was born there and I have my family there, but when I lived in Italy for five or six years I grew as a man and a player, so Italy is a big part of me, too."

After his opening goal Monday, Rossi's celebration was a linguistic mixture that mirrored his career.

"I was thinking in Italian but then a 'Vamos' came out and then a 'Let's Go,"' Rossi said, laughing about it. "I don't know what happened."

Yet Rossi knows exactly how he scored, blasting in a shot from 30 meters (yards) on his first touch of the game and living up to his nickname of "Joe Cool" from the Italian media.

"That's part of my nature," he said, smiling as he grew accustomed to the media spotlight. "When I go out onto the field I do what's needed for the team. The ball was there and I took it and got a shot off."

Rossi's second goal came late in injury time, following a set up from Andrea Pirlo, boosting his tally to three goals in just six appearances for the Azzurri. His national team debut came in October, and his first goal earlier this month in a friendly against Northern Ireland.

"He already had unbelievable talent when we played together on the under-21 team," midfielder Riccardo Montolivo said. "You could tell he had something extra. He really plays at a high level."

Italians look at Rossi's choice to work his way up through Italy's system, when he could have been the scorer the United States has sought for years, as an instance of his American audacity.

"That is part of my mentality," Rossi said. "When I want something I try to achieve it. For now, things are going well, but I don't want it to end here. I always want more."

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2009, 11:54:59 AM »
In my opinion USA played with alot of heart and character yesterday. They went down a man with the sending off of Clark and rightfully so but they stuck in there and thats what good teams do. In the end they ran out of stream but credit to Italy, they played decent. Technically we witness how well organized USA team is and although they deserved to be in the Confeds, I would of rather seen Costa Rica or TNT in there instead.

Lucky Italians this time, well taken penalty Dono! Rossi the backstabber, we feed this kid and he come back to bite we in the @ss

Oh and btw WTF EGYPT... SORE LOSERS MUCH? IT WAS A HAND BALL, END OF DISCUSSION.

LOL @! South Africa.. I never saw someone UNSCORE AH GOAL LOOLOL! CLASSIC EPIC!

And SPAIN LOOOKIN REL HARD EH FELLAS... Italy vs Spain = Dream final. Brazil there to make the numbers.

Rossi a backstabber?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2009, 12:54:16 PM »
look the whole USA-italy game for download here.

http://www.irfree.com/2009/06/16/italy-vs-usa-pdtv-xvid-irfree/

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2009, 01:02:52 PM »
Altidore took a dive for the PK but I guess they deserved it following the very very harsh red card

He exaggerated going down, but the foul was there. Chiellini took out his legs and grabbed his upper body, too.

A clear PK.
- Xavi

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2009, 01:07:39 PM »
see i was wondering about that decision in the Brazil game. It seemed that the decision was made that it was a corner and then the ref looked at the big screen and changed his mind.
I thought in tournaments the people running the screen were not allowed to show replays of contentious decisions.

edit: I now seeing they said it was the fourth official...but my question still remains if the ref cud look at a big screen for a replay?

The rumour is that although FIFA has said no to replays for refs, they have been in use for some time and the headsets are not just for communication between refs and assistants, but that there is a person in a booth reviewing plays. I have heard football people say that there must be something going on because there are more and more decisions where the ref waits or appears to reverse his original decision.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2009, 01:19:21 PM »

The rumour is that although FIFA has said no to replays for refs, they have been in use for some time and the headsets are not just for communication between refs and assistants, but that there is a person in a booth reviewing plays. I have heard football people say that there must be something going on because there are more and more decisions where the ref waits or appears to reverse his original decision.

Isn't it also being claimed that they viewed the replay on the jumbotron screen inside the stadium?

I thought I read that somewhere...
- Xavi

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2009, 02:51:57 PM »
Altidore took a dive for the PK but I guess they deserved it following the very very harsh red card

He exaggerated going down, but the foul was there. Chiellini took out his legs and grabbed his upper body, too.

A clear PK.

Not doubting that there was some obstruction and some contact- Chiellini swung late and his leg made contact (hardly obstructive contact) with Altidore's almost an entire second  ;D before Altidore flopped went to groud...and there was barely a "grab" of the upper body..... "took out his legs and grabbed his upper body" is a bit dramatic for what took place on the Altidore penalty shout...Take a look at it again and try to be neutral/objective

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ZWenHaFg9U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9ZWenHaFg9U</a>

I've seen refs not call those (especially if they detect added antics such as Jozy's) and life go on without too much fuss beyond frustrated arms thrown in the air before the forward gets up and gets on with it....not begrudging the call but one could argue there was a little sympathy thrown in there for good measure.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 02:56:51 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2009, 03:06:07 PM »

Not doubting that there was some obstruction and some contact- Chiellini swung late and his leg made contact (hardly obstructive contact) with Altidore's almost an entire second  ;D before Altidore flopped went to groud...and there was barely a "grab" of the upper body..... "took out his legs and grabbed his upper body" is a bit dramatic for what took place on the Altidore penalty shout...Take a look at it again and try to be neutral/objective

I've seen refs not call those (especially if they detect added antics such as Jozy's) and life go on without too much fuss beyond frustrated arms thrown in the air before the forward gets up and gets on with it....not begrudging the call but one could argue there was a little sympathy thrown in there for good measure.

Eh eh fella dat is ah legit penalty shout.  He did indeed take out JA's legs. Once Jozy cut left Chiellini got his leg which led to him going to ground.  In real time no second didn't pass either. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 03:09:17 PM by Flickin Killa »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2009, 08:38:30 PM »

A clear PK.

well said, dais how i see it (by chance yuh have a Panasonic Viera, cause dais how it look on mines)....any forward in de world woulda do de same thing...if KJ uncle philbert was watching, he woulda regret not doing the same thing when Windischman (ah think it was) wrap he legs round him on Nov. 19th '89 ;D
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2009, 09:17:06 PM »
I think altidore made three meals out the contact, but I can't fault the ref for calling it.......Oh well. The Italian response overall was great and the goals they scored were very, very nice.  Especially the equalizer!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2009, 02:19:18 AM »
Clark's controversial ejection alters the balance

After having fought a man down for most of the second half in that epic 2006 World Cup match, no one could have blamed the U.S. national team for thinking this was its chance to play world champion Italy on level terms.

But Pablo Pozo had other ideas.

The Chilean referee showed a straight red card to American midfielder Ricardo Clark in the 33rd minute of Monday night's game, leaving the Americans a man short once again, and unbalancing a midfield carefully designed by coach Bob Bradley to interrupt the Italians' playmaking in the middle of the park.

(continue)
- Xavi

1]; } ?>