April 29, 2024, 09:00:30 AM

Author Topic: Confederations Cup Thread  (Read 122583 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Confederations Cup Thread
« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2009, 12:06:31 PM »
BUt that's it right there, we (Chelsea fans) felt hard done, but that's the game. The ref is part of the game you have to deal with and with all my complaining and putting down the ref I totally enjoyed that game, the arguments over the non calls or the calls we felt that should not have been made made the game into something different for me. Knowing that the game went perfect or almost perfect because or technology will take a lot out of the game for me as there will leave very littl eof the human element. let stuff like what happen between Brazil and Egypt happen, nothing wrong with that. It creates rivalries, drives passion and leave some in bits and other overflowing. I truly believe with technological introduction into the game the game will lose a lot of appeal. No ne wants to watch the perfect football game.

Well first of all there's no proof that technology played a part in the ref's decision, based on the latest reports- same tiefin' Egypt tief everybody head wid an accusation, and man buyin' it wholesale.

Secondly I'm speculating of course, but if Chelsea had one of those pk shouts turned around in the same manner as Brazil on Monday, I eh think yuh woulda be complaining...In fact I'll go as far as to say yuh woulda be biggin' up technology.

Jus say yuh doh like Brazil nuh  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2009, 12:53:56 PM »
i like the way S.A. playing.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2009, 01:51:16 PM »
the #2 just make an almighty swing and miss...water in he knee ;D

for real tho, the SA vs Spain match go be a good one

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2009, 02:07:39 PM »
yea SA playin some nice ball...against Spain go be ah nice encounter to watch.....very pleasin to d eye cuz both teams bouncin it rell nice! Pienaar lookin rell lively fuh SA too...he passin on point..rell threadin it! HE go have he work cut out against dah Spanish MF tho....
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2009, 02:12:16 PM »
dis NZ team jus woeful ras..........
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2009, 02:12:45 PM »
SA cut-ass book vs Spain. They trying hard to make up goal difference vs New Zealand.

Tomorrow morning the coach need to introduce them to the concept of offside...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 17, 2009, 02:13:05 PM »
any chance SA looking good cuz they playing NZ  :devil:

all kix aside, SA have some nice talent and I want to see them put together a serious run in 2010

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 17, 2009, 02:18:36 PM »
I feel Mashego is a Trini...  :devil:
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 17, 2009, 02:20:45 PM »
I feel Mashego is a Trini...  :devil:

lol whole day he runnin offside and d one time he onside he throway lol
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 17, 2009, 02:28:54 PM »
d kiwis rell terrible boi....dey have ah nice keeper tho!

but d thing dat hurtin d most is dem hav tuh play against asia for the half spot in d WC...which makes no sense cuz dem cyar beat nobody that decent!!

SO is ah waste...best dem switch with concacaf and play d south americans cuz we hav ah much better chance!! ( and yes ah bias)
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 17, 2009, 02:44:24 PM »
What a display by SA, is really street ball going on. THey really hustled and did not allow NZ any time and space on the ball. Very good application of tactics by SA. It was fun and enjoyable to watch. It remided me of T&t vs Mexico.  :devil:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 17, 2009, 03:17:15 PM »
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:25:42 PM by Zeppo »
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 17, 2009, 03:32:30 PM »
Cow Bells anyone?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2009, 04:00:53 PM »
Hallelujah! There is a God!

Future of noisy trumpet to be discussed by FIFA

;D

A girl I was watching one of the games with asked me why the crowd sounding like a swarm of flies and bees....lol

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2009, 04:15:42 PM »
Hallelujah! There is a God!

Future of noisy trumpet to be discussed by FIFA

;D

You're link is dead...Anyway...

By Mark Gleeson

RUSTENBURG, South Africa, June 17 (Reuters) - FIFA is to discuss the future of the vuvuzela, the noisy plastic trumpet blown at the Confederations Cup which has drawn complaints from European television stations.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter told a media briefing he was aware of complaints the din of the instrument was drowning out the commentary of broadcasters and that they wanted it banned at this tournament and next year’s World Cup in South Africa.

Blatter said soccer’s governing body would discuss the matter with the organisers.

“It’s a local sound and I don’t know how it is possible to stop it,” he said on Wednesday. “I always said that when we go to South Africa, it is Africa. It’s not western Europe.

“It’s noisy, it’s energy, rhythm, music, dance, drums. This is Africa. We have to adapt a little.”

Vuvuzelas, which have been given away free to fans, are a constant background to Confederations Cup games.

Spain midfielder Xabi Alonso said: “I think they should be banned. They make it very difficult for the players to communicate with each other and to concentrate.

“They are a distraction and do nothing for the atmosphere,” he added after his team’s 1-0 win over Iraq.

FIFA general secretary Jerome Valcke said last year the vuvuzela would not be banned unless it was used as a weapon by fighting fans.

Let dem hul dey ARSE! I never see frigging more. Now ah backing South Africa to beat Spain.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:18:43 PM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 17, 2009, 04:28:38 PM »
You're link is dead.

Fixed.

Anyway, they sound to me just like those same damn horns that the Mexican fans blow at the Azteca Stadium.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 17, 2009, 04:29:59 PM »
Vuvuzela, the ultimate 12th man.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 17, 2009, 04:37:50 PM »
De ICC did legislate de 2007 cricket world cup in de caribbean and what happen?  It end up bein de worst world cup in history.

Blatter is right.  The World Cup is in Africa.  It's a part of South African soccer culture.  They didn't just make it up for this tournament.  I know for a fact that noise is also prevalent in Mexico and they've had world cups there.

Let dem eurocentric mofo's kerry dey SKONT!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 17, 2009, 05:24:26 PM »
Those horns might not even be an issue next summer because it could be that there are relatively few South Africans in the stands.

The stadia now are only half-full and the complaint is that ticket prices are well out of spending range for most South Africans. They're starting to give them away just to have a full house. So how are they going to afford World Cup tickets??

Get ready to see the stands full of mostly foreigners next year (and few vuvuzelas).
- Xavi

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 17, 2009, 06:56:42 PM »
Those horns might not even be an issue next summer because it could be that there are relatively few South Africans in the stands.

The stadia now are only half-full and the complaint is that ticket prices are well out of spending range for most South Africans. They're starting to give them away just to have a full house. So how are they going to afford World Cup tickets??

Get ready to see the stands full of mostly foreigners next year (and few vuvuzelas).

No, the South Africans will just be outside the stadia selling them to the same European tourists (who will purchase them for fear of being robbed and violated, especially in Jo'berg!  Kinda like how some o' dem does be buying tings off they tourist tour bus in Harlem). 

It's amazing what football has come to.  As I'm watching these games and hearing all the stadium noise, I was reminded of the atmosphere of the '78 World Cup where them Argentinians were probably just as noisy.  xabi alonso need to hush he lil' bitch-ass liverfool self and play football. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 18, 2009, 03:02:17 AM »
No, the South Africans will just be outside the stadia selling them to the same European tourists (who will purchase them for fear of being robbed and violated, especially in Jo'berg!  Kinda like how some o' dem does be buying tings off they tourist tour bus in Harlem). 

You can count on the fact that there will be a maximum security atmosphere around all the stadia next summer.

The tourists will feel about as much fear as they would at Disneyland.
- Xavi

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 18, 2009, 07:25:12 AM »
WHERE Y'ALL GETTING TO SEE THESE CONFED CUP GAMES? SOME STARTIN AT 10AM PPL NOT WORKIN OR WHAT?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???
I feel like the only one salting here
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #172 on: June 18, 2009, 07:43:22 AM »
How you gonna tell people how to act in their own home?

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 18, 2009, 07:46:02 AM »
WHERE Y'ALL GETTING TO SEE THESE CONFED CUP GAMES? SOME STARTIN AT 10AM PPL NOT WORKIN OR WHAT?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Try this.
http://www.atdhe.net/

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 18, 2009, 07:48:04 AM »

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DVR breds...

If yuh very determined, yuh could close yuh eyes & ears and watch it later as if it's live (that's what I do for Champions' League).

It'll be tough to go an entire day without having the Brazil - USA score leak though  (especially if USA pulls off the upset)...

Other than that, find an online feed or run away from the office and watch at a bar.  

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 18, 2009, 07:59:09 AM »

You can count on the fact that there will be a maximum security atmosphere around all the stadia next summer.

The tourists will feel about as much fear as they would at Disneyland.

I know that.  apparently I needed to put a smiley  :devil: face so you would know I was being facetious...

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 18, 2009, 08:02:56 AM »

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DVR breds...

If yuh very determined, yuh could close yuh eyes & ears and watch it later as if it's live (that's what I do for Champions' League).

It'll be tough to go an entire day without having the Brazil - USA score leak though  (especially if USA pulls off the upset)...

Other than that, find an online feed or run away from the office and watch at a bar.  

Man if it was afternoon game maybe, but the fact that iz a morning game real complicating things
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 18, 2009, 08:11:08 AM »

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DVR breds...

Man if it was afternoon game maybe, but the fact that iz a morning game real complicating things

not only you dread, this is real tempo..

i cyah stream it cause right now my cubicle on the highway and i cyah minimize that window small enough to not get ketch..

now it have a tv in wuk in the kitchen that does run CNN all day.. i could try switch that to the game and pretend i eh know, check in and out, but it go look real outta timing.. i is de only football peong in the office so they must know the culprit.. the last time i do that during champions league, every time i circle back the channel magically changing back to either baseball or news.. steups

i go run away and take in the 2nd half of the italy game today though. cant miss that one...

by the way, brazil leading 1-0 through a header from Melo.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 18, 2009, 08:12:53 AM »
Wait nuh....allyuh see dat nice back heel Kaka jes' put dong to pass de ball out of the center of a defensive triangle.......right to the foot of a Brazilian?!  How men does hate Brazil boy?  ???

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 18, 2009, 08:20:54 AM »

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DVR breds...

not only you dread, this is real tempo..

i cyah stream it cause right now my cubicle on the highway and i cyah minimize that window small enough to not get ketch..

now it have a tv in wuk in the kitchen that does run CNN all day.. i could try switch that to the game and pretend i eh know, check in and out, but it go look real outta timing.. i is de only football peong in the office so they must know the culprit.. the last time i do that during champions league, every time i circle back the channel magically changing back to either baseball or news.. steups

i go run away and take in the 2nd half of the italy game today though. cant miss that one...

by the way, brazil leading 1-0 through a header from Melo.

Ha Ha!!  I know your pain, Bredda.  I was in a state building while the Champions' league was on....tv set an dem showin' cnn.....and it look like I I is de ONLY football peong in de entire bulding.....ah walk up to de receptionist.....

aarrrm, Miss.....is anyway yuh could change de channel to espn? 

"no, we can't change the channel down here." 

Well, where do they change it? 

"Upstairs." 

What floor? (as I turn towards the elevator)

"You can't go up there!"

Yuh could make a phonecall?

She jes' watch meh and roll she eye.........(but ah get de numbah  ;))  Brazil 2 : 0 usa Robinho!

1]; } ?>