April 29, 2024, 08:46:35 AM

Author Topic: Confederations Cup Thread  (Read 122570 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Confederations Cup Thread
« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2009, 08:26:54 AM »
No, the South Africans will just be outside the stadia selling them to the same European tourists (who will purchase them for fear of being robbed and violated, especially in Jo'berg!  Kinda like how some o' dem does be buying tings off they tourist tour bus in Harlem). 

You can count on the fact that there will be a maximum security atmosphere around all the stadia next summer.

The tourists will feel about as much fear as they would at Disneyland.

Zeppo hush yuh arse nah. I hope the reason the stands so scanty now is becausethe South Africans saving their money for the World Cup!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2009, 08:44:20 AM »
WHERE Y'ALL GETTING TO SEE THESE CONFED CUP GAMES? SOME STARTIN AT 10AM PPL NOT WORKIN OR WHAT?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???
I feel like the only one salting here

DVR breds...

If yuh very determined, yuh could close yuh eyes & ears and watch it later as if it's live (that's what I do for Champions' League).

It'll be tough to go an entire day without having the Brazil - USA score leak though  (especially if USA pulls off the upset)...

Other than that, find an online feed or run away from the office and watch at a bar.  

Man if it was afternoon game maybe, but the fact that iz a morning game real complicating things

not only you dread, this is real tempo..

i cyah stream it cause right now my cubicle on the highway and i cyah minimize that window small enough to not get ketch..

now it have a tv in wuk in the kitchen that does run CNN all day.. i could try switch that to the game and pretend i eh know, check in and out, but it go look real outta timing.. i is de only football peong in the office so they must know the culprit.. the last time i do that during champions league, every time i circle back the channel magically changing back to either baseball or news.. steups

i go run away and take in the 2nd half of the italy game today though. cant miss that one...

by the way, brazil leading 1-0 through a header from Melo.

Ha Ha!!  I know your pain, Bredda.  I was in a state building while the Champions' league was on....tv set an dem showin' cnn.....and it look like I I is de ONLY football peong in de entire bulding.....ah walk up to de receptionist.....

aarrrm, Miss.....is anyway yuh could change de channel to espn? 

"no, we can't change the channel down here." 

Well, where do they change it? 

"Upstairs." 

What floor? (as I turn towards the elevator)

"You can't go up there!"

Yuh could make a phonecall?

She jes' watch meh and roll she eye.........(but ah get de numbah  ;) Brazil 2 : 0 usa Robinho!

:devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2009, 08:45:46 AM »
I like how Lucio directing and screaming at the defense. wish we have any responsible and accountable player like that in our defense.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 18, 2009, 08:48:04 AM »
I like how Lucio directing and screaming at the defense. wish we have any responsible and accountable player like that in our defense.

Ince  :-X
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 18, 2009, 08:54:12 AM »
Those horns might not even be an issue next summer because it could be that there are relatively few South Africans in the stands.

The stadia now are only half-full and the complaint is that ticket prices are well out of spending range for most South Africans. They're starting to give them away just to have a full house. So how are they going to afford World Cup tickets??

Get ready to see the stands full of mostly foreigners next year (and few vuvuzelas).

The stands in Germany 2006 were full of mostly foreigners too.  Yuh think that was because ticket prices were well out of the spending range of most Germans?

Germans were complaining they couldn't get tickets because the organizers had made a deliberate policy of making the vast majority of tickets available to foreigners.  The rationale was foreigners would spend more than locals.  Not just to get in to see the matches but for concessions, merchandising, restaurants, bars, clubs, etc.  That policy resulted in Germany 2006 being regarded as the best WC in history...especially off the field.

So while there might be SOME truth to what you say, should there be lots of "foreigners" in the stands...it's not necessarily because ticket prices are unaffordable for most South Africans.

Besides...I'm curious to understand how you would be able to distinguish "foreigners" in the stands in South Africa as opposed to locals...besides those openly supporting their team of course.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2009, 09:41:33 AM »
Those horns might not even be an issue next summer because it could be that there are relatively few South Africans in the stands.

The stadia now are only half-full and the complaint is that ticket prices are well out of spending range for most South Africans. They're starting to give them away just to have a full house. So how are they going to afford World Cup tickets??

Get ready to see the stands full of mostly foreigners next year (and few vuvuzelas).

The stands in Germany 2006 were full of mostly foreigners too.  Yuh think that was because ticket prices were well out of the spending range of most Germans?

Germans were complaining they couldn't get tickets because the organizers had made a deliberate policy of making the vast majority of tickets available to foreigners.  The rationale was foreigners would spend more than locals.  Not just to get in to see the matches but for concessions, merchandising, restaurants, bars, clubs, etc.  That policy resulted in Germany 2006 being regarded as the best WC in history...especially off the field.

So while there might be SOME truth to what you say, should there be lots of "foreigners" in the stands...it's not necessarily because ticket prices are unaffordable for most South Africans.

Besides...I'm curious to understand how you would be able to distinguish "foreigners" in the stands in South Africa as opposed to locals...besides those openly supporting their team of course.

Palos, the man might be very correct in assuming that most "South Africans" won't be able to afford tickets to the World Cup.  One can only assume he talkin' about the "Black" South Africans, too, because, as far as the images being fed from this tournament, is only BLACK people you're seeing in the stands with their painted faces and animated celebrations with their "vuvuzelas" and I can appreciate his point, but you know what?  For all the success that the usa enjoys in concacaf, the american people and people like zeppo and them could NEVER appreciate and enjoy hosting a World Cup or having their country be represented in a World Cup, Whether they buying box seats or if they watching it at home on their big-screen LCD, like thes South African people can, whether THEY are scrounging a few rands to get a corner flag seat or if they all huddled around the lone black and white CRT in the village.  these people were put off from hosting a World Cup in favor of Germany, maybe for good reason, but this world Cup and their team means more to them than zeppo or any other american can appreciate, no matter if the usa hosts the next THREE World cups.  The nuance of this sport and all that comes with it are lost on people like him which is why he can come on this forum and try to drop his snide cynicism.  Let him keep talkin' his shit.  The usa is a country that always wants to be, HAVE TO BE number one at EVERYTHING they do.  It grinds the HELL outta them that, for all their might and money, they still can't get this "soccer" thing yet and that whenever they come up against the great teams they are attempting to be considered among, they always just end up looking like schoolboys.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 18, 2009, 09:55:31 AM »
3-0 Brasil. Mediocre.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 18, 2009, 10:09:15 AM »
   Palos, the man might be very correct in assuming that most "South Africans" won't be able to afford tickets to the World Cup.  One can only assume he talkin' about the "Black" South Africans, too, because, as far as the images being fed from this tournament, is only BLACK people you're seeing in the stands with their painted faces and animated celebrations with their "vuvuzelas" and I can appreciate his point, but you know what?  For all the success that the usa enjoys in concacaf, the american people and people like zeppo and them could NEVER appreciate and enjoy hosting a World Cup or having their country be represented in a World Cup, Whether they buying box seats or if they watching it at home on their big-screen LCD, like thes South African people can, whether THEY are scrounging a few rands to get a corner flag seat or if they all huddled around the lone black and white CRT in the village.  these people were put off from hosting a World Cup in favor of Germany, maybe for good reason, but this world Cup and their team means more to them than zeppo or any other american can appreciate, no matter if the usa hosts the next THREE World cups.  The nuance of this sport and all that comes with it are lost on people like him which is why he can come on this forum and try to drop his snide cynicism.  Let him keep talkin' his shit.  The usa is a country that always wants to be, HAVE TO BE number one at EVERYTHING they do.  It grinds the HELL outta them that, for all their might and money, they still can't get this "soccer" thing yet and that whenever they come up against the great teams they are attempting to be considered among, they always just end up looking like schoolboys.   

all ah dat hoss?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 18, 2009, 10:12:25 AM »
Brazil demonstrated that they're in a different class to the U.S. - no newsflash there.

I'm not sure if Bob Bradley is the man to take the U.S. to the next level- they are struggling relative to their own standards- I think Arena had these guys playing a much smoother, dangerous brand of football.  Under Bradley, especially of late, they have not looked as fluid as they usually do against the CONCACAF opposition, and in both these games so far in the Confed Cup, they were second best by a mile (Granted they've played against two of the best in the World).  They showed good discipline and fight against the Italians and got some sympathy for the red card, but it overshadowed the fact that they were a notch below where they want to be even before the red card unbalanced the game.  Today again they got a harsh red, but they were already down 2-0 when it happened and Brazil was strolling over them...On previous occasions, I've touted the U.S. Nat'l team to be a program perched not too far below the elite...and they've def shown that potential in recent years past but of late they seem to be slipping.

I think the U.S. program is one of a long-term vision, and I think they have a professional and patient approach with the people they put in charge- but I wouldn't be totally shocked if Bob Bradley loses his job before WC 2010.  
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 18, 2009, 10:16:27 AM »

all ah dat hoss?

Yeah.  All ah dat.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 18, 2009, 10:22:07 AM »

all ah dat hoss?

Yeah.  All ah dat.
Ent!
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 18, 2009, 10:25:01 AM »
Brazil demonstrated that they're in a different class to the U.S. - no newsflash there.

I'm not sure if Bob Bradley is the man to take the U.S. to the next level- they are struggling relative to their own standards- I think Arena had these guys playing a much smoother, dangerous brand of football.  Under Bradley, especially of late, they have not looked as fluid as they usually do against the CONCACAF opposition, and in both these games so far in the Confed Cup, they were second best by a mile (Granted they've played against two of the best in the World).  They showed good discipline and fight against the Italians and got some sympathy for the red card, but it overshadowed the fact that they were a notch below where they want to be even before the red card unbalanced the game.  Today again they got a harsh red, but they were already down 2-0 when it happened and Brazil was strolling over them...On previous occasions, I've touted the U.S. Nat'l team to be a program perched not too far below the elite...and they've def shown that potential in recent years past but of late they seem to be slipping.

I think the U.S. program is one of a long-term vision, and I think they have a professional and patient approach with the people they put in charge- but I wouldn't be totally shocked if Bob Bradley loses his job before WC 2010.  

::)
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 18, 2009, 10:33:39 AM »
is embarrassing when a man score a goal on you and then stop to give an interview one time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqdXqSTv82g

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 18, 2009, 10:46:14 AM »
is embarrassing when a man score a goal on you and then stop to give an interview one time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqdXqSTv82g

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah, I say buh wha de arse is dis!
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #194 on: June 18, 2009, 10:58:44 AM »

all ah dat hoss?
I read de first half and had to stop. You better dan me.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2009, 11:07:50 AM »

all ah dat hoss?

Don't feel so alone.  You're one of many that can't stomach plain talk.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2009, 11:31:24 AM »

Not sure what alot of that rant has to do with what Zeppo is saying... You agree with him, and then go off on a somewhat unrelated tangent....With regard to what you're saying though, the question is whether or not the majority of people who relish hosting this cup will ever see the benefits of it.  How many locals are going to gain meaningful employment, how many local companies are getting contracts for services during the cup- Are the extra tourism dollars going to actually touch the ground in South Africa in any sort of game changing capacity for these people who claim will relish this opportunity?  It's been an issue in Africa for decades that has disguised itself under the pretext of "Foreign Aid", and other such related initiatives...

You can say what you like about the U.S., but if the U.S. hosted a World Cup, the U.S. benefits, and while people might not be as collectively passionate about the game here, I want to guess that they sure do appreciate the benefits of showcasing a global event such as the World Cup....because the World Cup is about alot more than just football - some might argue that football is just the backdrop....The World Cup being hosted in Africa is a great thing, and it's a risky endeavour...and I applaud FIFA for having the balls after all this time but I won't be too hasty to get all teary eyed over what it means to the masses.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2009, 11:37:58 AM »

Too many uninspired laborers on that US team while the few true talents like Torres and Adu rotting on the bench. Imagine, a pure hound like Hejduk have to get injured before Spector get a run. Bradley does not have a clue. He will get fired if dey toots down the Gold Cup...even before that, the Klinnsman rumors will start.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2009, 11:42:33 AM »

all ah dat hoss?

Don't feel so alone.  You're one of many that can't stomach plain talk.
Nah I good wit plain talk. You sound like you was working out some emotional issues, though. So I say is none of my business.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2009, 11:52:33 AM »

Too many uninspired laborers on that US team while the few true talents like Torres and Adu rotting on the bench. Imagine, a pure hound like Hejduk have to get injured before Spector get a run. Bradley does not have a clue. He will get fired if dey toots down the Gold Cup...even before that, the Klinnsman rumors will start.

If he coaches that team he'll take them to another level.  Despite flopping at Bayern he is still lauded for how he helped the German national outfit improve.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 18, 2009, 12:48:40 PM »
Come on, Egypt!
www.westindiantube.com

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 18, 2009, 01:01:04 PM »
I watching the game on GolTV and the sound is terrible
sounds like there is a bee hive in the back ground ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 18, 2009, 01:06:02 PM »
I think Egypt will be one of my teams for the WC.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 18, 2009, 01:10:59 PM »
1-0 Egypt!
www.westindiantube.com

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 18, 2009, 01:12:19 PM »

they just score...this egyptian team deadly sah...and they ent playing with mido or zaki...i like the brand they knockin

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 18, 2009, 01:13:51 PM »

'The problem with the US is they beat up on the Panamas, Trinidad and Tobagos, Guatemalas of soccer and think they're really good when they aren't.

They need to play in these type of tournaments more often to get an honest feel as to where they stack up against the better teams in the world so that they can make adjustments going forward.

Right now, we know where they stack up and it's not all that good.'

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 18, 2009, 01:16:37 PM »
beaut of a goal :applause:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 18, 2009, 01:16:52 PM »

they just score...this egyptian team deadly sah...and they ent playing with mido or zaki...i like the brand they knockin

Dey good.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 18, 2009, 01:18:15 PM »
Is Italy 2nd team on th epitch. They look so flat.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 18, 2009, 01:27:07 PM »

Agreed. It would be refreshing to see the European-South American dichotomy in terms of world cup winners be broken; and it would be a great advert for the sport (as if the anyone needs any more convincing about the merits of the beautiful game).

1]; } ?>